Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bill Dickson  
#101 Posted : 22 January 2021 09:45:12(UTC)
Bill Dickson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post

Anyone knows if tamping machine can run on R1? It is 39.3cm.

The prototype is articulated so I would expect the model to be as well. It would the depend on the coupling between the sections as to the minimum radius.
Offline mbarreto  
#102 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:06:48(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

We might see the old motors in special blue box retro editions, but I don't expect to see them in permanently in the classics series.

I think so, it is what probably will happen.
It is good to have the models redesigned for the new technology, just let's hope they are resilient and can last as their predecessors...

Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#103 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:11:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone knows if tamping machine can run on R1? It is 39.3cm.

They usually say what the minimum radius is, but in this case there is no mention of it either in the Neuheiten catalog or on the Marklin website.

Nothing is mentioned for minimum radius on the Viessmann website for the 2 rail version of the tamping machine - Viessmann 2670 - or in the Viessmann 2020 New Items (when the model was released).

https://viessmann-modell...for-2-rail-version?c=240

https://a-z-modellbahnen.ch/catpics/292/1635.pdf

Videos of the Viessmann 2670

The 2nd video may be of the Kibri display model (Kibri 16700)

This is a video of the previous Viessmann 09-3X tamping machine in operation - to give you some idea how it works.

The only answer to the question may be to buy one and try it on R1 curves to see what happens.
Offline PJMärklin  
#104 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:19:22(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The green Br194 and its train look attractive to me. I don't have one in green yet.

I can't understand why this is 'completely new tooling'. I guess they need to change the body for the different year they are modelling, and may have to change the motor from what they have used in the past due to supply issues ... I'm thinking about the freight set that goes with it though.......

The BR194 was way overdue for some new tooling.
I think it was first produced as the 3022 in late 1960s??

For a start, the hand rails around the front and rear sections are no longer molded-on.
The 3022 and successors was driven as far as I know on one set of 3 axles, and was very noisy in most models.
The cardan shaft drive will certainly appeal to many for quite a few reasons.
It is possible that the central body unit retains the original casting if considered good enough for todays clientele.

Kimball

The old model was indeed 3022 and it is from 1964 and it was a powerful model from the traction capacity perspective. The model has some records done in the 1990ies. For curiousity that year is my birth year and I have 3022.1.
For a 1964 model the old mould was/is impressive so long it was accepted to keep it in production! I strongly admire such model for all it was and still is!
I think it is time for a completely new tooling and so the newly announced BR194 is welcome.
It could be interesting to keep the old mould series still in production in the classic series as it was lately. Probably it doesn't make so much sense from a business perspective, but that M* knows better.
Miguel

Hi Märklineers !, Happy New Items (and hopefully a happier New Year) !

Sorry for the long tail of previous posts but like most of us I have viewed the new items for 2021 and the new DB BR 194 # 39990 looks a very nice item.

Whilst not wishing to be a “wet blanket” and noting that I understand and am uncritical of the enthusiasm for things “new”, I remain quite happy with my DB BR 194 #3322.
I initially converted it to digital with a 6080 and have since further modified the LCM to a permanent magnet 5 pole DCM which together with a Lokpilot V 4.0 runs very well, smoothly and with good "pulling power".

I really do like my Märklin stuff but as the new items become more and more expensive (as does the postage from Deutschland in this pesky Covid environment), with motors unable to be serviced by me and with shorter durations of available spare parts, I need a special reason for replacing particularly beloved locos simply because the item is “new”.

Just my own thoughts of course, I read with interest and respect the thoughts of others on this great users’ group !

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#105 Posted : 22 January 2021 12:00:04(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm happy with my 37225 E94 / BR194 double set as well as my C-Sine powered 39223. I have a 3022 as well.

s-l1600.jpg

39223_1.JPG

The IC BR103 interests me as well as the Gauge 1 and H0 container wagons. I'll think about the Tamping Machine.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline DasBert33  
#106 Posted : 22 January 2021 14:36:48(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Any opinions on this years 'free' insider wagon?

To be honest, I don't like it and it is (again) reason to reconsider my membership. The Trix car is MUCH nicer in comparison!

A simple looking car in basic white with a simple print ressembles the hobby-range too much IMHO, even when I know it is supposed to be a better car. I think it is supposed to go together with the BR194 carset, which has a similar wagon.

B

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DasBert33
Offline kiwiAlan  
#107 Posted : 22 January 2021 15:14:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
Any opinions on this years 'free' insider wagon?

To be honest, I don't like it and it is (again) reason to reconsider my membership. The Trix car is MUCH nicer in comparison!

A simple looking car in basic white with a simple print ressembles the hobby-range too much IMHO, even when I know it is supposed to be a better car. I think it is supposed to go together with the BR194 carset, which has a similar wagon.

B

yeah, I noted that too - it seems to be the Primex version of a 4415 kuhlwagon in that it has no steps at the end to access the ice hatches. The Br194 wagon at least has planked sides ...

And as I have already stated, I do like the Trix wagon.
Offline Roland  
#108 Posted : 22 January 2021 16:10:55(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
The BR 103 is one of my favourite lokos and I also really like the current IC livery, but I'm on the fence about this Blink

UserPostedImage

Maybe it'll grow on me eventually.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#109 Posted : 22 January 2021 17:51:15(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
A lovely catalogue in my opinion, and dare I say the myworld Porsche set is what excited me the most! Some childhood instincts never die Love

Back to "serious" trains, depending on cost I may bite on the churchill arrow. Lots of other very nice items, but none that strike my era/country. I do love the Jura cement hoppers as well, so those may need to come home with me. The problem is I need 3-4 sets to make a train of them LOL
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline kiwiAlan  
#110 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:06:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
For those who haven't yet looked at the Start Up catalogue there is an item that didn't appear in the New Items.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mike c  
#111 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:35:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post
The BR 103 is one of my favourite lokos and I also really like the current IC livery, but I'm on the fence about this Blink

UserPostedImage

Not a BR 103 and not in Germany, but I may have found the location that inspired this photo:

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/758732/

Regards

Mike C

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#112 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:49:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Back to the 2021 New Items, I was reading the description of the 39260 RABe Churchill Pfeil and this jumped out at me

Quote:
Vier Drehgestell-Blenden liegen zum Austausch für den Einsatz auf großen Radien oder für die Vitrine bei.

English: "Four external truck frames are included to replace the current frames for use on large radius curves or displays."

The accompanying "rendering" does not at all show what the operational "bogies" will look like on the model.

I will need to see this in more detail before I would consider this model.

Regards

Mike C
Offline bph  
#113 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:49:42(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Several interesting models this year Cool, and of course 37244 is a must for me.
Funny thing is, that I had a chat with my dealer some weeks back, and I told him that I had a wish for an updated NSB DI 5.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#114 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:08:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Back to the 2021 New Items, I was reading the description of the 39260 RABe Churchill Pfeil and this jumped out at me

Quote:
Vier Drehgestell-Blenden liegen zum Austausch für den Einsatz auf großen Radien oder für die Vitrine bei.

English: "Four external truck frames are included to replace the current frames for use on large radius curves or displays."

The accompanying "rendering" does not at all show what the operational "bogies" will look like on the model.

I will need to see this in more detail before I would consider this model.

Regards

Mike C

yeah, that puzzled me when reading the English version. The picture shows a skirted body the whole way along, so I wonder if this is referring to body parts to fill a cutaway body that allows the trucks to swivel on tight radius curves, a bit like they did for the streamlined br03 (I think it was) where there were alternative body parts for where there were cutouts for the front bogie to swivel.

Would this make sense for this model?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#115 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:45:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

The english translation of the CS3 v3 book is a good idea. I don't know if it will be done where they build some special models :)

Does anyone know if germany has MWsT on books? I'm wondering if there will be a reduction on the Euro 19.90 price for us Brits. I see it is listed as available in Q2.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#116 Posted : 23 January 2021 01:04:53(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
...germany has MWsT on books?
Yes.

Offline DasBert33  
#117 Posted : 23 January 2021 08:49:33(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post

I doubt it, I too think it is very ugly.

Whats with all these ugly fantasy liveries? First a black&white version, and now this?

If it needs to be fantasy, I would like a cream/blue version of an E03 to go with the new Rheinpfeil cars.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#118 Posted : 23 January 2021 10:37:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
....I would like a cream/blue version of an E03 to go with the new Rheinpfeil cars.

That was produced a few years ago as a double set with the E03 and BR120 both in cream / blue.

Marklin 31014 produced as the 2014 Toy Fair Locomotives

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG
Offline DasBert33  
#119 Posted : 23 January 2021 13:14:40(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

That was produced a few years ago as a double set with the E03 and BR120 both in cream / blue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those locos are in 'oceanblue', which AFAIK is not the same as the blue from the original Rheingold/Rheinpfeil (kobaltblue?). Both locos are in era4 lettering (103.0) and not in era3 (E03). I admit I am rivetcounting here.

I read on wikipedia that the original Rheingold/Rheinpfeil livery was changed to cream/red in 1965, which is the same year the first E03 appeared. Did this E03 ever pull the cars in the livery of the NH2021?

To come back to the topic, that new Rheinpfeil set is growing more on me. At the moment it is the only NH2021 item that I am considering, and there is plenty of time left to think about it, with a delivery schedule of Q4 2021.

B

Offline rrf  
#120 Posted : 23 January 2021 13:26:04(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Hello,

When it comes to DB Loks, the BR 103 was my first love. Actually, I was hoping for a retro 103 with matching tin plate cars this year. Hypothetical models have never bothered me ... I have two BR53s. I think she looks good in the modern IC colors. So, I just ordered a 39173. There are few other items I will consider: the BR 194 and the BR 43, as well as the Danish hinged roof car set (I need something for my 30470-2 DSB retro BR 44 to pull).

Best regards and Happy New Items WeekSmile
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
Offline pserup  
#121 Posted : 24 January 2021 10:25:49(UTC)
pserup

Denmark   
This is the biggest disappointment M has delivered in a long time.

No US stock at all Blink I was hoping for an "end car" to the UP passenger car set from last year. But no... instead we get a big fat nothing. M's giving the finger to US modellers. Maybe something is coming for the summer or autumn but I do not have high hopes.

Same can be said for Era I, and the very limited Era II, which mostly is made up by recycled models from the past. In fact a lot of this year's models are just revamped old models. Very sad Crying

And for us local to Scandinavia, M tops their lame 2021 lineup with the most boring selection of Danish and Swedish freight cars seen in a long time Confused Not getting those for sure!

OBB fans can rejoice about the new croc, I get that, but personally I am not into OBB so for me the overall rating of M 2021 new items is: Cursing Cursing Cursing
CS, Denmark/Germany Ep. I - V, Switzerland Ep. II - V, USA Ep. III/IV
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by pserup
Offline kiwiAlan  
#122 Posted : 24 January 2021 12:38:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: pserup Go to Quoted Post
In fact a lot of this year's models are just revamped old models. Very sad Crying

I am not altogether surprised this is the case, considering much of the development staff will have been furloughed, or at best working from home. So anything that required machining, like molds, would have had limited activity. On this basis any livery information from the design archives will have been dug out and used, or been the 'work from home' development.

I suspect the OBB crocodile has been in the works for something like a couple of years, so the machining part of the development process was already mostly done, and the limited staff available to return to work were able to finish that off in time for the NI.

I suggest you look at the G1 range, they have ONE loco and a half dozen wagons as their new items. Not even an already existing loco in a new livery as a second loco offering. I suspect the development of the G1 Kofferli was started at a similar time as the HO one, which has been around for two years now.

Also I suspect the offerings will be subject to an assessment of what the factory will be able to produce while dealing with personnel constraints due to covid. That will affect their ability to produce in quantity, and limit the overall output, which is part of the reason I am surprised they announced the Toy Fair loco (note there is no wagon set to go with it this year, only already existing coaches). Its delivery is not until Q3, so they could have held off announcing it until the delayed Toy Fair (set for some time in June or July) occurred, and not done it all if the fair had been totally cancelled (still a possibility the way Covid is going in Germany).
Offline DasBert33  
#123 Posted : 24 January 2021 18:13:21(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   

I am not altogether surprised this is the case...

You are probably right, it is not really surprising. It is just a little disappointing.

Makes you wonder what the real state is of the economy is with all this covid measures crap going on. And when we will see the true impact of a year without much innovation.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#124 Posted : 24 January 2021 19:02:00(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I all, I feel the need to defend marklin and say "its really not that bad at all"

It is a lovely catalog, some notable new toolings, in the case of the E194 what I'd label a "core" locomotive for the future to come, some fun fantasy stuff, and natural progressions on other recent toolings like the BE 4/6.

Just because they didn't produce my (or your) wish list doesn't mean its a bad assortment. I'd I would objectively say there is plenty of new stuff.

We must also remember another thing- there are not a lot of prototypes left! Manufacturers are to the point where it makes more sense to retool a "popular" loco than it is to produce a very niche prototype that won't sell well.

My gripe is pricing, but I can only hope that is a profitability measure, and what they might lose in volume they get back in profit in order to run a profitable business in the long term. I'll use MTH as a sad reminder - here and with a booming fan base today, gone tomorrow. (literally)
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#125 Posted : 25 January 2021 08:41:28(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Marklin video about the 39004 BR 01.

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#126 Posted : 25 January 2021 09:07:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
And another one on the 39787 BR 78

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Copenhagen  
#127 Posted : 25 January 2021 22:27:14(UTC)
Copenhagen

"Controlling Digitally with the Central Station 3" Model Railroad Manual. This book which is an English version of the book about CS3 and software version 2.0 that was released last year (in German) is announced for second quarter this year.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ts/details/article/03093
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#128 Posted : 25 January 2021 22:45:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
"Controlling Digitally with the Central Station 3" Model Railroad Manual. This book which is an English version of the book about CS3 .....

Yes, and the book has already been discussed in the 2021 New Items thread...

https://www.marklin-user...d-Marklin-2021-New-Items

I have merged the two threads.
Offline pserup  
#129 Posted : 28 January 2021 08:36:40(UTC)
pserup

Denmark   

I am not altogether surprised this is the case...

You are probably right, it is not really surprising. It is just a little disappointing.

Makes you wonder what the real state is of the economy is with all this covid measures crap going on. And when we will see the true impact of a year without much innovation.

I must admit that I didn't consider Covid as a reason for the limited offering of new items, but M didn't do much to excuse themselves either. Anyway, lots of new US items could have been made with old moulds - would just require new paint schemes. But maybe they were hit by the virus in that department as well 🤒
CS, Denmark/Germany Ep. I - V, Switzerland Ep. II - V, USA Ep. III/IV
Offline xxup  
#130 Posted : 28 January 2021 09:55:46(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Or it could be as simple as USA items are not good sellers.. After all, they are in the business to make money..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline grnwtrs  
#131 Posted : 28 January 2021 12:44:21(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
A "Birdie" told me that USA was the second largest market for Marklin. They, Marklin, even rewarded U S A with a "1" salesman for many years before turning the whole mess over to WALTHERS IN WISCONSIN (the state of) Now for the elusive thing referred to as PROFITS, that is always
a problem. Cash flow maybe a different breed.

Regards, gene
Offline H0  
#132 Posted : 28 January 2021 13:03:13(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: grnwtrs Go to Quoted Post
A "Birdie" told me that USA was the second largest market for Marklin.
In 2008 Märklin/Trix/LGB had a share of 1% in the US market, according to figures published by Mr Pluta.
In 2008 both Netherlands and Swiss (to name just two) were bigger markets for MäTrix than the USA.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#133 Posted : 28 January 2021 17:36:20(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I think if the USA is a key market, it would be due to LGB alone, not marklin/trix.

I have nothing to substantiate this other than conversations with train shop personnel, but I suspect 2020 was a very good year for Marklin due to us all stuck at home, and therefore running trains.

Where you may see an impact in new items is of course any production issues in factories (or material shortages) due to COVID. In addition, thinking ahead to 2022-ish new items, very often the real thing needs to be photographed and measured etc before a tooling is made, or a CAD is signed off. Those R&D trips are effectively not possible outside Germany at the moment.

SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mbarreto  
#134 Posted : 28 January 2021 18:29:25(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

I don't know if USA customer usually buy Märklin in USA or in Germany. If they mostly buy in Germany than the result
captured for the USA market is kind of masked.

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline rrf  
#135 Posted : 28 January 2021 19:15:45(UTC)
rrf

United States   

I don't know if USA customer usually buy Märklin in USA or in Germany. If they mostly buy in Germany than the result
captured for the USA market is kind of masked.

Hello,

In my case Miguel is correct. Most of my high value purchases come thru a German shop, who ships in bulk to a small US online reseller. So, I expect that most the Märklin revenue from my wallet gets classified as German sales.

Regards,

Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rrf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#136 Posted : 28 January 2021 19:50:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: grnwtrs Go to Quoted Post
A "Birdie" told me that USA was the second largest market for Marklin.

I would seriously doubt that statement.

Around 30 years ago I was told (by a representative who was in a position to know) that from the total Marklin production 75% was sold in Germany.
Of the remaining 25% of production 75% (i.e. 18.75% of production) was sold in Switzerland.
The remainder (i.e. 6.25% of production) was sold to the rest of the world (including Europe, which would have taken most of it).

So I seriously doubt that USA has ever been the second largest market for Marklin. Even with adding in Trix and LGB since then I doubt that the percentages have changed much, agreed that LGB has a large penetration into the USA, but even so I doubt that it would be more than 50% of the LGB production was going to USA.
Offline RayF  
#137 Posted : 29 January 2021 10:35:18(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I have always been surprised that that there are any US items in the Marklin catalogue at all, considering that there are European countries that are rarely represented, such as Spain, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Greece, Poland etc.

My feeling is that the US models were originally included to try and tap the significant market of US military based in Germany.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#138 Posted : 29 January 2021 14:50:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I have always been surprised that that there are any US items in the Marklin catalogue at all, considering that there are European countries that are rarely represented, such as Spain, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Greece, Poland etc.

My feeling is that the US models were originally included to try and tap the significant market of US military based in Germany.

You may well be correct in that assessment, but I understand there is also quite a cadre of modellers in Europe that model US prototype. I believe that most of Marklins US prototype models are sold in Europe, not USA.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mrmarklin  
#139 Posted : 29 January 2021 19:21:03(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   

In my discussions with Marklin higher ups here in the US, I find that hope springs eternal. The US is a large market but definitely NOT three rail at the HO level.

When Marklin took over Trix, the hope was that Trix, being 2 rail, could market some higher end models in the US. Hence the PAs, Steam Mikados, GG-1 loks etc. were designed and released along with new scale Boxcars, Reefers and Hoppers, etc. also of US prototype. This was the mid-2000s. The 3 rail releases of these models were to be a sideshow in the US, at least. The models were all very good. And IMHO a decent plan.

BUT another company had the same idea, namely Broadway Limited Imports. Those models were made in China and many were the same as Trix'. Even worse, they were cheaper with a similar perceived quality.

So, Marklin has had a tough road in the US, which is a very price sensitive market. Even now, one can buy a decent diesel Lok here for around USD 140, albeit analog. But even adding a chip comes out less than USD 200. Contrast that with Marklin "simple" models that start at EUR 200 which is around USD 240 at current exchange rates. The promontory Big boy can be had for USD 770 with DCC sound etc. Marklin/Trix version retailed in the US for USD 1,020.
Forget US passenger cars. The US is strictly a scale market. While the extruded aluminum and close couplings made the current 50s era cars very attractive to the European market, I suppose, the fact that they are 1:100 scale made them a non starter here in the US. Again, it's been a tough road to sell US prototype here from either Marklin or Trix.

The US market is probably underestimated in Goeppingen because many in the hobby buy from Germany. This habit began in the eighties and nineties when prices in the US were up to double what they were in Germany. I note that current prices are close to being on a par with what can be obtained in Germany now, so over time, this will change. Unfortunately for Marklin, the financial problems they had ca. 2009-10 disrupted the retail supply chain here and many stores that used to carry Marklin either don't anymore or have only a limited selection.

From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#140 Posted : 04 February 2021 21:58:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Seems like the 2021 Infotage Wagon will be an Eaos Gondola costing 39.99 Euro.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Goofy  
#141 Posted : 06 February 2021 06:54:54(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Marklin video about the 39004 BR 01.

Lovely machine!
There is only one missing detail about this model.
There is no work light in the under frame.
Brawa offer this.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline petestra  
#142 Posted : 12 February 2021 12:48:44(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I am seriously considering the new BR194 39990. If I buy it, it will be my 7th German Kroc. I like the new tooling a lot. The detailing

looks fab. The freight car set is great too but I'm really quite already loaded up with freight. Peter Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline ocram63_uk  
#143 Posted : 23 February 2021 12:23:55(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Out of curiosity, do NEW engines numbered 39XXX still have the C-Sine motors or this type of motor has been phased out completely ? I ask as I have a 39680 and I don't like C-Sine motors.
Thank you
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Offline H0  
#144 Posted : 23 February 2021 12:39:09(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
Out of curiosity, do NEW engines numbered 39XXX still have the C-Sine motors or this type of motor has been phased out completely ?
C-Sine motors were phased out and there is no meaningful distinction between 39xxx and 37xxx anymore.

I ask as I have a 39680 and I don't like C-Sine motors.
Generally I liked the C-Sine motors. Brushless motors with ball bearings.
Due to a lack of QA all locos with mfx and C-Sine motor had to be sent back to Märklin to receive a free upgrade.
Without the upgrade the combination of mfx and C-Sine was abominable.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#145 Posted : 23 February 2021 15:17:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Out of curiosity, do NEW engines numbered 39XXX still have the C-Sine motors or this type of motor has been phased out completely ?
C-Sine motors were phased out and there is no meaningful distinction between 39xxx and 37xxx anymore.

I have the impression that the 39xxx series tend to be the higher detailed locos these days.

I ask as I have a 39680 and I don't like C-Sine motors.
Generally I liked the C-Sine motors. Brushless motors with ball bearings.
Due to a lack of QA all locos with mfx and C-Sine motor had to be sent back to Märklin to receive a free upgrade.
Without the upgrade the combination of mfx and C-Sine was abominable.

I like the C-Sine motors too, would like to find out why you don't like them.

But I never heard about mfx versions requiring an upgrade. Is this one of the back stories behind the rift between ESU and Marklin?

Offline H0  
#146 Posted : 23 February 2021 15:25:10(UTC)
H0

But I never heard about mfx versions requiring an upgrade. Is this one of the back stories behind the rift between ESU and Marklin?
No, this has nothing to do with ESU, it was just the complete absence of QA on Märklin's side.
A long thread from 2008 about the c-sine problems:
https://www.marklin-user...3-upgrade-Csinus-compact

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline ocram63_uk  
#147 Posted : 23 February 2021 16:09:28(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I opened a thread months ago about my problems with the 39680.

https://www.marklin-user...eplacing-ESU-MFX-decoder

I'll be brief here :-)

I bought the loco used from a Marklin dealer in Milan, Italy. I got it running on an oval at home and the engine was running erratically, as if had hiccups. I brought it back to the dealer and he said he was going to send it to Marklin, and so he did. The loco came back and the problem wasn't there anymore. Marklin had changed the PCB.

When I wrote the previous thread the loco wasn't responding to the parameters I was trying to modify and in practice it behaved worse.
The cause is related to ESU's mfx decoders and the PCB needed to run the engine. So I understood.

I had similar problems with my 39120 which I managed to sell and is now running happily on somebody's layout.

The issues with these two locos made me 'hate' C-Sine motors. I was ready to have the C-Sine motor stripped out by a German company as a consequence. I started out with DCC in 1998 and there it was all very DIY, approach that I prefer.

Recently I discovered that removing the decoder from the loco and 'tweaking' it on a Tester board or with the LokProgrammer changes are possible.

So for me C-SIne is a no no on Marklin trains, but this is my conclusion, if everybody loves them I'm happy for them. I was only getting frustrated.

So now if I want to buy a new Marklin engine, which I'm not, I want to know if 39XXX is still C-Sine or not :-)

(maybe it wasn't a brief post, sorry)
Offline mbarreto  
#148 Posted : 23 February 2021 17:35:59(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

About motors used in 39xxx vs 37xxx I completely agree with you.
About other aspects my interpretation is that 39xxx is to be considered the best and 37xxx very good. In terms of price 39xxx is very high and 37xxx is high.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline H0  
#149 Posted : 23 February 2021 18:08:49(UTC)
H0

About other aspects my interpretation is that 39xxx is to be considered the best and 37xxx very good. In terms of price 39xxx is very high and 37xxx is high.
BR 01 steam loco 39004 is €489, BR 50 steam loco 37897 is €465. So this is very high vs. high?

The rail zeppelin 39777 looks like an old mould with not many details. At €329 it is not very expensive OTOH. But still it is listed as 39xxx.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline marklinist5999  
#150 Posted : 23 February 2021 18:18:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Flapper Laugh Love ThumpUp
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Can the Plasser und Theurer repair broken C Track?

Mike C
Now that is Rich!!!!!ThumpUp Tongue BigGrin Flapper Laugh Love