Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bill Dickson  
#101 Posted : 22 January 2021 09:45:12(UTC)
Bill Dickson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post

Anyone knows if tamping machine can run on R1? It is 39.3cm.

The prototype is articulated so I would expect the model to be as well. It would the depend on the coupling between the sections as to the minimum radius.
Offline mbarreto  
#102 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:06:48(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

We might see the old motors in special blue box retro editions, but I don't expect to see them in permanently in the classics series.

I think so, it is what probably will happen.
It is good to have the models redesigned for the new technology, just let's hope they are resilient and can last as their predecessors...

Miguel

Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#103 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:11:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone knows if tamping machine can run on R1? It is 39.3cm.

They usually say what the minimum radius is, but in this case there is no mention of it either in the Neuheiten catalog or on the Marklin website.

Nothing is mentioned for minimum radius on the Viessmann website for the 2 rail version of the tamping machine - Viessmann 2670 - or in the Viessmann 2020 New Items (when the model was released).

https://viessmann-modell...for-2-rail-version?c=240

https://a-z-modellbahnen.ch/catpics/292/1635.pdf

Videos of the Viessmann 2670

The 2nd video may be of the Kibri display model (Kibri 16700)

This is a video of the previous Viessmann 09-3X tamping machine in operation - to give you some idea how it works.

The only answer to the question may be to buy one and try it on R1 curves to see what happens.
Offline PJMärklin  
#104 Posted : 22 January 2021 11:19:22(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The green Br194 and its train look attractive to me. I don't have one in green yet.

I can't understand why this is 'completely new tooling'. I guess they need to change the body for the different year they are modelling, and may have to change the motor from what they have used in the past due to supply issues ... I'm thinking about the freight set that goes with it though.......

The BR194 was way overdue for some new tooling.
I think it was first produced as the 3022 in late 1960s??

For a start, the hand rails around the front and rear sections are no longer molded-on.
The 3022 and successors was driven as far as I know on one set of 3 axles, and was very noisy in most models.
The cardan shaft drive will certainly appeal to many for quite a few reasons.
It is possible that the central body unit retains the original casting if considered good enough for todays clientele.

Kimball

The old model was indeed 3022 and it is from 1964 and it was a powerful model from the traction capacity perspective. The model has some records done in the 1990ies. For curiousity that year is my birth year and I have 3022.1.
For a 1964 model the old mould was/is impressive so long it was accepted to keep it in production! I strongly admire such model for all it was and still is!
I think it is time for a completely new tooling and so the newly announced BR194 is welcome.
It could be interesting to keep the old mould series still in production in the classic series as it was lately. Probably it doesn't make so much sense from a business perspective, but that M* knows better.
Miguel

Hi Märklineers !, Happy New Items (and hopefully a happier New Year) !

Sorry for the long tail of previous posts but like most of us I have viewed the new items for 2021 and the new DB BR 194 # 39990 looks a very nice item.

Whilst not wishing to be a “wet blanket” and noting that I understand and am uncritical of the enthusiasm for things “new”, I remain quite happy with my DB BR 194 #3322.
I initially converted it to digital with a 6080 and have since further modified the LCM to a permanent magnet 5 pole DCM which together with a Lokpilot V 4.0 runs very well, smoothly and with good "pulling power".

I really do like my Märklin stuff but as the new items become more and more expensive (as does the postage from Deutschland in this pesky Covid environment), with motors unable to be serviced by me and with shorter durations of available spare parts, I need a special reason for replacing particularly beloved locos simply because the item is “new”.

Just my own thoughts of course, I read with interest and respect the thoughts of others on this great users’ group !

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#105 Posted : 22 January 2021 12:00:04(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm happy with my 37225 E94 / BR194 double set as well as my C-Sine powered 39223. I have a 3022 as well.

s-l1600.jpg

39223_1.JPG

The IC BR103 interests me as well as the Gauge 1 and H0 container wagons. I'll think about the Tamping Machine.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline DasBert33  
#106 Posted : 22 January 2021 14:36:48(UTC)
DasBert33

Any opinions on this years 'free' insider wagon?

To be honest, I don't like it and it is (again) reason to reconsider my membership. The Trix car is MUCH nicer in comparison!

A simple looking car in basic white with a simple print ressembles the hobby-range too much IMHO, even when I know it is supposed to be a better car. I think it is supposed to go together with the BR194 carset, which has a similar wagon.

B

Offline kiwiAlan  
#107 Posted : 22 January 2021 15:14:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
Any opinions on this years 'free' insider wagon?

To be honest, I don't like it and it is (again) reason to reconsider my membership. The Trix car is MUCH nicer in comparison!

A simple looking car in basic white with a simple print ressembles the hobby-range too much IMHO, even when I know it is supposed to be a better car. I think it is supposed to go together with the BR194 carset, which has a similar wagon.

B

yeah, I noted that too - it seems to be the Primex version of a 4415 kuhlwagon in that it has no steps at the end to access the ice hatches. The Br194 wagon at least has planked sides ...

And as I have already stated, I do like the Trix wagon.
Offline Roland  
#108 Posted : 22 January 2021 16:10:55(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
The BR 103 is one of my favourite lokos and I also really like the current IC livery, but I'm on the fence about this Blink

UserPostedImage

Maybe it'll grow on me eventually.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#109 Posted : 22 January 2021 17:51:15(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
A lovely catalogue in my opinion, and dare I say the myworld Porsche set is what excited me the most! Some childhood instincts never die Love

Back to "serious" trains, depending on cost I may bite on the churchill arrow. Lots of other very nice items, but none that strike my era/country. I do love the Jura cement hoppers as well, so those may need to come home with me. The problem is I need 3-4 sets to make a train of them LOL
FS + SBB Era 2-5 and Vintage Marklin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline kiwiAlan  
#110 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:06:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
For those who haven't yet looked at the Start Up catalogue there is an item that didn't appear in the New Items.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mike c  
#111 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:35:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post
The BR 103 is one of my favourite lokos and I also really like the current IC livery, but I'm on the fence about this Blink

UserPostedImage

Not a BR 103 and not in Germany, but I may have found the location that inspired this photo:

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/758732/

Regards

Mike C

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#112 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:49:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Back to the 2021 New Items, I was reading the description of the 39260 RABe Churchill Pfeil and this jumped out at me

Quote:
Vier Drehgestell-Blenden liegen zum Austausch für den Einsatz auf großen Radien oder für die Vitrine bei.

English: "Four external truck frames are included to replace the current frames for use on large radius curves or displays."

The accompanying "rendering" does not at all show what the operational "bogies" will look like on the model.

I will need to see this in more detail before I would consider this model.

Regards

Mike C
Offline bph  
#113 Posted : 22 January 2021 23:49:42(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Several interesting models this year Cool, and of course 37244 is a must for me.
Funny thing is, that I had a chat with my dealer some weeks back, and I told him that I had a wish for an updated NSB DI 5.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#114 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:08:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Back to the 2021 New Items, I was reading the description of the 39260 RABe Churchill Pfeil and this jumped out at me

Quote:
Vier Drehgestell-Blenden liegen zum Austausch für den Einsatz auf großen Radien oder für die Vitrine bei.

English: "Four external truck frames are included to replace the current frames for use on large radius curves or displays."

The accompanying "rendering" does not at all show what the operational "bogies" will look like on the model.

I will need to see this in more detail before I would consider this model.

Regards

Mike C

yeah, that puzzled me when reading the English version. The picture shows a skirted body the whole way along, so I wonder if this is referring to body parts to fill a cutaway body that allows the trucks to swivel on tight radius curves, a bit like they did for the streamlined br03 (I think it was) where there were alternative body parts for where there were cutouts for the front bogie to swivel.

Would this make sense for this model?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#115 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:45:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

The english translation of the CS3 v3 book is a good idea. I don't know if it will be done where they build some special models :)

Does anyone know if germany has MWsT on books? I'm wondering if there will be a reduction on the Euro 19.90 price for us Brits. I see it is listed as available in Q2.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#116 Posted : 23 January 2021 01:04:53(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
...germany has MWsT on books?
Yes.

Offline DasBert33  
#117 Posted : 23 January 2021 08:49:33(UTC)
DasBert33

Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post

I doubt it, I too think it is very ugly.

Whats with all these ugly fantasy liveries? First a black&white version, and now this?

If it needs to be fantasy, I would like a cream/blue version of an E03 to go with the new Rheinpfeil cars.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#118 Posted : 23 January 2021 10:37:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
....I would like a cream/blue version of an E03 to go with the new Rheinpfeil cars.

That was produced a few years ago as a double set with the E03 and BR120 both in cream / blue.

Marklin 31014 produced as the 2014 Toy Fair Locomotives

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG
Offline DasBert33  
#119 Posted : 23 January 2021 13:14:40(UTC)
DasBert33

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

That was produced a few years ago as a double set with the E03 and BR120 both in cream / blue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those locos are in 'oceanblue', which AFAIK is not the same as the blue from the original Rheingold/Rheinpfeil (kobaltblue?). Both locos are in era4 lettering (103.0) and not in era3 (E03). I admit I am rivetcounting here.

I read on wikipedia that the original Rheingold/Rheinpfeil livery was changed to cream/red in 1965, which is the same year the first E03 appeared. Did this E03 ever pull the cars in the livery of the NH2021?

To come back to the topic, that new Rheinpfeil set is growing more on me. At the moment it is the only NH2021 item that I am considering, and there is plenty of time left to think about it, with a delivery schedule of Q4 2021.

B

Offline rrf  
#120 Posted : 23 January 2021 13:26:04(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Hello,

When it comes to DB Loks, the BR 103 was my first love. Actually, I was hoping for a retro 103 with matching tin plate cars this year. Hypothetical models have never bothered me ... I have two BR53s. I think she looks good in the modern IC colors. So, I just ordered a 39173. There are few other items I will consider: the BR 194 and the BR 43, as well as the Danish hinged roof car set (I need something for my 30470-2 DSB retro BR 44 to pull).

Best regards and Happy New Items WeekSmile
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn