Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline quarkhirad  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2019 15:44:34(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Joined: 25/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: surat
Till today i only have Marklin M tracks. However i am planning to buy some C tracks as i want to expand my layout. However, i dont have any idea about the geometry of C Track. Further what are the track no. For example 5106 was the m track straight 180mm section track etc.

Also are the curves the same that is can i get a 5100 m track equivalent in C track or are the radius's different.

Further what about the points like 5140, 5137, 5202 etc.

Thank you

KHirad

Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2019 16:30:06(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Joined: 18/02/2008(UTC)
Posts: 839
You can look at a catalogue that has the M track and other that has the C track (started in 1996). Catalogue from 1998 has both, although with C track with less parts than exist today.
Probably you know the M track geometry, or have a catalogue of it, so I attach here a pdf (unfortunately in german) that has the C track geometry.

The file attached, I probably got from this forum, but don't know the thread I got it from.

Basically you wil have to use R1 and R2 of C track. R1 in M track is 5100 series and 24100 series for C track. R2 is 5200 series for M track and 24200 series for C track.
The basic length in C track is 360 mm wich is achieved by 24188 + 24172 (they have different lengths). In M track you can have 360 by using 2 5106.

marklin_via_c.pdf (3,424kb) downloaded 92 time(s).

Others may give you better hints to follow.

Regards,
Mostly Märklin H0.


thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2019 23:38:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Joined: 01/06/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1,554
Location: Bavaria
Originally Posted by: quarkhirad Go to Quoted Post
Till today i only have Marklin M tracks. However i am planning to buy some C tracks as i want to expand my layout. However, i dont have any idea about the geometry of C Track. Further what are the track no. For example 5106 was the m track straight 180mm section track etc.

Also are the curves the same that is can i get a 5100 m track equivalent in C track or are the radius's different.

Further what about the points like 5140, 5137, 5202 etc.

Thank you

KHirad



FAQs on Märklin's website

https://www.maerklin.de/...uestions-about-h0-gauge/

Question

"Where do I find track plans for expanding my C Track starter set?"

There you find a C-track plan brochure, even in English.Smile
CS 3 is a controller system from Märklin - not a central station.
Offline quarkhirad  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2019 08:41:57(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Joined: 25/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: surat
Hey guys thanks that is helpfull. Now Mbarreto thanks that is slightly helpful as there is some info though it is in german. Anybody has the english version? It seems that c track has 5 curve tracks of different radius. Hmm thats interesting. Further i can see the lengths of straight track are different from M-track. So i am looking for some detailed track planning manual like 0390 or 700 catalogs for M-track. The reason is in these books there are pages where you can see how to make sidings with different track to track distances (for example, 96.4, 130.2, 77.4 etc. Just see page 9 of 0390). Also there is a neat table which tells you for various lengths of straight track what sections are to be used . For example for length of 241mm is 5108+5109+5110+2x5129.

Further i was thinking of using my 0209 M track stencil for track planing. Obviously i cant as there are more curve tracks with other radius and event the straight track lengths are different. Is there a stencil for C track planing (1:10 scale )? if yes what is the number.

Thank you

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by quarkhirad
Offline quarkhirad  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2019 10:31:52(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Joined: 25/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: surat
Hey hi . I was just browsing for some stuff and i found a book . This seems to be what i am looking for. It is 07455 . Does anybody have a copy or know where i can download it from .

Offline quarkhirad  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2019 10:35:09(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Joined: 25/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: surat
Originally Posted by: quarkhirad Go to Quoted Post
Hey hi . I was just browsing for some stuff and i found a book . This seems to be what i am looking for. It is 07455 . Does anybody have a copy or know where i can download it from .



[img=https://www.google.com/search?q=07455+marklin+catalog&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIN780IN780&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjpvqzlhtTgAhXGT30KHX5uCjUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=576#imgrc=q7Ude-oDGB9F0M:]pic of catalog[/img]
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 24 February 2019 12:20:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 23/07/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4,263
Location: ENGLAND, Didcot
Originally Posted by: quarkhirad Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys thanks that is helpfull. Now Mbarreto thanks that is slightly helpful as there is some info though it is in german. Anybody has the english version? It seems that c track has 5 curve tracks of different radius. Hmm thats interesting. Further i can see the lengths of straight track are different from M-track. So i am looking for some detailed track planning manual like 0390 or 700 catalogs for M-track. The reason is in these books there are pages where you can see how to make sidings with different track to track distances (for example, 96.4, 130.2, 77.4 etc. Just see page 9 of 0390). Also there is a neat table which tells you for various lengths of straight track what sections are to be used . For example for length of 241mm is 5108+5109+5110+2x5129.

Further i was thinking of using my 0209 M track stencil for track planing. Obviously i cant as there are more curve tracks with other radius and event the straight track lengths are different. Is there a stencil for C track planing (1:10 scale )? if yes what is the number.

Thank you



See my notes for Artful Dodger about C track geometry when converting from M track plans.

Offline mbarreto  
#8 Posted : 25 February 2019 00:17:05(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Joined: 18/02/2008(UTC)
Posts: 839

You can see the basics of C track written simply in this C-TRAK modules site (please note C-TRAK are the modules not the C track itself):

https://www.c-trak.org/

You can see lots of information in the thread in the link below, although much is advanced. It is the thread used in this forum to discuss C track related stuff:

https://www.marklin-user...s--uses--and-innovations
Mostly Märklin H0.


Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 25 February 2019 03:53:20(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Joined: 01/06/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1,554
Location: Bavaria
Originally Posted by: quarkhirad Go to Quoted Post
Hey hi . I was just browsing for some stuff and i found a book . This seems to be what i am looking for. It is 07455 . Does anybody have a copy or know where i can download it from .



I think there is no PDF download available, because you still can buy it for quite a high price

https://www.hpdgsmarket....o&products_id=425157

and you find plenty of plans in the internet, like this link

https://www.google.de/se....gws-wiz-img.ZRMuUZyGnsY

or from Märklin itself

https://www.maerklin.de/...ne-und-maerklin-freunde/

https://www.maerklin.de/..._0513_Download_Teil1.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/...Downloaddatei_MM0115.pdf
CS 3 is a controller system from Märklin - not a central station.
Offline quarkhirad  
#10 Posted : 27 February 2019 18:19:47(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Joined: 25/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: surat
Hi thank you guys

sorry for the delayed thatnk you.

Hey just realized that there are track planing softwares available which alow you to design your layout. Is there any track planning software with marklin c track and mtrack geometry. So that i can make new track plans

Thank you


Khirad
Offline TEEWolf  
#11 Posted : 27 February 2019 18:41:50(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Joined: 01/06/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1,554
Location: Bavaria
Originally Posted by: quarkhirad Go to Quoted Post
Hi thank you guys

sorry for the delayed thatnk you.

Hey just realized that there are track planing softwares available which alow you to design your layout. Is there any track planning software with marklin c track and mtrack geometry. So that i can make new track plans

Thank you


Khirad


Of course there is. Here is a link to WinTrack, which was priorly sold by Märklin too.

https://www.wintrack.de/

You can their websites change to different languages by the listet country flags. Under features you see this software can calculate layouts in C-, K,- and M-tracks, mini-club (Z) and gauge 1 as well. And many other model railway producer companies. It is a very flexible software. You also can buy complete layouts, which you may build up or change it to your own ideas, whatever you want.

https://meisesmobacenter...lten/mmc-gleisplaene-h0/
CS 3 is a controller system from Märklin - not a central station.
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Similar Topics
Märklin's C track geometry makes great layouts (H0-scale)
by michelvr 25/04/2019 16:15:15(UTC)
HO - C track geometry (General MRR)
by oranda 14/02/2018 17:23:17(UTC)
C Track Geometry (Track plans)
by mb300e4m 17/11/2016 01:36:34(UTC)
C track geometry question (H0-scale)
by Mikael 01/01/2005 23:39:19(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.429 seconds.