Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#51 Posted : 16 March 2023 14:13:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
In response to how the planned process for doing updates willbe done, I have the following response from Marklin.

- If your WiFi is connected to internet, the MS WLAN can get what it needs from there.
- If there is no internet connection you can download the update file from our web site ...

the nugget in this is
... and install it via the web user-interface of the MS WLAN.

We can now speculate what else might be available via the web user-interface
May be a semi-ergonomic means to manage the layout signals and turnouts ...

That is something I had considered - will the current cs2 PC program connect to the wifi box?
Also does this then introduce a way to update a standard ms2 without using a cs2/3?
Offline clapcott  
#52 Posted : 23 March 2023 07:18:12(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
In response to a query re Lococards

The 60667 MS2 WLAN no longer has a card reader integrated in the device.
The space in the unit was needed for the additional technology.
Peter
Offline Minok  
#53 Posted : 23 March 2023 07:44:17(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Well that is a shame given how prone to loosing its mind and needing a reset the MS2 design is.
So every time one must pull all the locos back to programming track to relearn them?
Double bad for DCC only locos that you need to manually set up in the MS to get all the functions.
Can it at least slave off of a normal MS2 to enable getting the data that way?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline clapcott  
#54 Posted : 23 March 2023 08:46:07(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
In response to how the planned process for doing updates willbe done, I have the following response from Marklin.

- If your WiFi is connected to internet, the MS WLAN can get what it needs from there.
- If there is no internet connection you can download the update file from our web site ...

the nugget in this is
... and install it via the web user-interface of the MS WLAN.

We can now speculate what else might be available via the web user-interface
May be a semi-ergonomic means to manage the layout signals and turnouts ...

That is something I had considered - will the current cs2 PC program connect to the wifi box?
Also does this then introduce a way to update a standard ms2 without using a cs2/3?

I am on the fence on the conveyed meaning, and whether it is the MS2 WLAN that has the "web user interface" or if it is in the 60117.

it seems to me to be rather overkill to factor this into the MS2 WLAN itself when it (for operation) must connect to either a CS (home network) or the 60117 anyway!
The stability (hardwired to power through the 60113/6) of the 60117 would appear to be a more logical coordination point, and maybe beter able to provide the file space for firmware images to ALL
- MS2 legacy
- MS2 WLAN
- Trackbox
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#55 Posted : 23 March 2023 08:50:22(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

Can it at least slave off of a normal MS2 to enable getting the data that way?

I do have an outstandin query on the subject of " who is Master".

If, (and I am not yet assuming it is possible until I get handon) the MS2 WLAN + 60117 can work with a 60116(3) WITHOUT another legacy MS2 6053/7,then it needs to be able to be the master, but even then - is it the MS2 WLAN OR the 60117 that holds the Roster details.
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#56 Posted : 23 March 2023 09:02:58(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Well that is a shame ...

I concur, and would be inclined to cancel my order if not for my technical curiosity.

Peter
Offline mbarreto  
#57 Posted : 23 March 2023 10:24:57(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

About the non existence of the card reader/writer it is not time yet to blame. Maybe it can save and read configuration to an external device. That would be much better than the cards solution.
Let's wait and see...

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
bph
Offline clapcott  
#58 Posted : 24 March 2023 21:47:29(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

Maybe it can save and read configuration to an external device. That would be much better than the cards solution.

you are refering to one aspect of transferring data.

I am more interested in the operational selection of trains. I.e aleviating the non-ergonomic and time consuming need to change glasses and pick through 40 meaningless dots having to read the screen as you go.

I would rather look at the trains
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline mbarreto  
#59 Posted : 24 March 2023 23:12:59(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

Maybe it can save and read configuration to an external device. That would be much better than the cards solution.

you are refering to one aspect of transferring data.

I am more interested in the operational selection of trains. I.e aleviating the non-ergonomic and time consuming need to change glasses and pick through 40 meaningless dots having to read the screen as you go.

I would rather look at the trains

I understand your point of view, although I think the Mobile Station, even it can have up to 40 locs "pre-configured", it is not intended
to be used with such a number.
As a you say, the card is a fast way to select the desired locomotive.

Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
bph
Offline Minok  
#60 Posted : 30 March 2023 04:32:20(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Got a response from Märklin on the card reader removal and how to use cards Lok Cards in a System with the MS 2 wlan.

If you have connected the first 60657 Mobile Station 2 to the track box, you can read in the locomotives via the card reader. The data of the locomotives are stored on the track box. When you then plug in the MS 2 WLAN, the data is transferred from there to the new WLAN MS2.

So the wlan version can access the database stored in the trackbox or the CS.

That means for running a small seasonal layout, the MS2 WLAN is a non starter of the loco is a DCC one where access to the higher functions is needed and dealing with the resetting that one has to occasionally go through with the MS2. Maybe the firmware will get more stable in the future. Or just stick to the mfx locos on those seasonal layouts.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline bph  
#61 Posted : 30 March 2023 13:45:43(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Got a response from Märklin on the card reader removal and how to use cards Lok Cards in a System with the MS 2 wlan.

If you have connected the first 60657 Mobile Station 2 to the track box, you can read in the locomotives via the card reader. The data of the locomotives are stored on the track box. When you then plug in the MS 2 WLAN, the data is transferred from there to the new WLAN MS2.

So the wlan version can access the database stored in the trackbox or the CS.

That means for running a small seasonal layout, the MS2 WLAN is a non starter of the loco is a DCC one where access to the higher functions is needed and dealing with the resetting that one has to occasionally go through with the MS2. Maybe the firmware will get more stable in the future. Or just stick to the mfx locos on those seasonal layouts.

perhaps one possible solution could be to release a 60117 WLAN Receiver Box with a card reader. ?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline FrankF  
#62 Posted : 15 April 2023 12:52:11(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
Manuals for Marklin 60667 - MS2 WLAN and Marklin 60117 - WLAN Box is now Online :

https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/42/84/4284cf4f34932f44c48d8fc41a1e03bb1681286109.pdf ( 60667 - MS2 WLAN )

https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/b2/aa/b2aa90eea289731f61a6bebe4c9e51ba1681286133.pdf ( 60117 - WLAN Box )
CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by FrankF
Offline kiwiAlan  
#63 Posted : 15 April 2023 14:35:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: FrankF Go to Quoted Post
Manuals for Marklin 60667 - MS2 WLAN and Marklin 60117 - WLAN Box is now Online :

https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/42/84/4284cf4f34932f44c48d8fc41a1e03bb1681286109.pdf ( 60667 - MS2 WLAN )

https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/b2/aa/b2aa90eea289731f61a6bebe4c9e51ba1681286133.pdf ( 60117 - WLAN Box )

Some interesting items in the Receiver - the web page can only be accessed while there are 60667 devices attached. There are no specific instructions about the web page setup, so presumably it is pretty simple.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
bph
Offline clapcott  
#64 Posted : 17 April 2023 02:40:54(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Some interesting items in the Receiver - the web page can only be accessed while there are 60667 devices attached. ...

Umm.

60117 ( 60117 WLAN Box is a WLAN receiver)
"
Web Interface

A Smartphone or a PC (with WLAN) can access the WLAN
Box as long as the 60117 WLAN Box is not connected to the
60667 Mobile Station WLAN.
"

"
Web Interface

When the Mobile Station WLAN is not connected to
a router or the 60117 WLAN Box, you can access the
Mobile Station from a PC (with WLAN) or a Smartphone.
"
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Minok  
#65 Posted : 17 April 2023 03:33:49(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Some interesting items in the Receiver - the web page can only be accessed while there are 60667 devices attached. ...

Umm.

60117 ( 60117 WLAN Box is a WLAN receiver)
"
Web Interface

A Smartphone or a PC (with WLAN) can access the WLAN
Box as long as the 60117 WLAN Box is not connected to the
60667 Mobile Station WLAN.
"

"
Web Interface

When the Mobile Station WLAN is not connected to
a router or the 60117 WLAN Box, you can access the
Mobile Station from a PC (with WLAN) or a Smartphone.
"

Indeed. Now the question is , what are the limited things the web interface allows. Or without a smartphone can one operate a locomotive via the web interface? Or is there no need to even bother with an MS2wlan ?

---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline clapcott  
#66 Posted : 17 April 2023 05:16:02(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Indeed. Now the question is , what are the limited things the web interface allows. Or without a smartphone can one operate a locomotive via the web interface? Or is there no need to even bother with an MS2wlan ?

Personally I remain unsatisfied to either

It might be a bit derogatory for me to suggest that the statements come from a test set up that had both the PC and the MS-WLan set statically to the same address. i.e. the tester would obviously encounter conflicts and may not know any different

As to the use of "Web Interface" (emphasis on the "Web")
Then while it may be that the units have the bloated WebApp ("Control") of a CS3 , I might suggest it is more likely to be terser API (CAN over Ethernet) - with maybe an improved TCP rather than UDP implementation

There is a need to differentiate configuration/management vs operation.
Setup of configuration, including address mapping of the 4 IR addresses, an code updates are one thing and require a rather simple UI
For operation, even a stunted "layout diagram" WebApp would be a big plus for MS only users
Peter
Offline H0  
#67 Posted : 17 April 2023 09:37:05(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
perhaps one possible solution could be to release a 60117 WLAN Receiver Box with a card reader. ?
Not for all use-cases. You can simply select a loco on the MS2 by pushing in the loco card, even if the loco is already in the system.
A card reader in the track box would cover the "backup" use-case, but not the "quick selection" use-case.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
bph
Offline Goofy  
#68 Posted : 17 April 2023 17:19:59(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Not for all use-cases. You can simply select a loco on the MS2 by pushing in the loco card, even if the loco is already in the system.
A card reader in the track box would cover the "backup" use-case, but not the "quick selection" use-case.

Are you sure about that?
Customer who buy Brawas digital loco for the Märklin tracks follow a card with mfx protocol to read up in the system like MS2 or CS3.
The problem is just that there was complain about Brawas card and Märklin did react this problem too.
Märklin decides to let the market produce decoder to allow mfx protocol in the decoder and not to use cards like Brawas.
However Brawa don´t want to stop use cards for theirs ac locomotives.
Next step is to stop cards in the CS3?
That will be possible when Märklin decides to stop use cards in the system.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#69 Posted : 17 April 2023 18:31:55(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Customer who buy Brawas digital loco for the Märklin tracks follow a card with mfx protocol to read up in the system like MS2 or CS3.
AFAIK the cards included by BRAWA are for DCC and address 3. No card needed for mfx locos. Cards for mfx locos would have to be individualized, as they must contain the serial number of the decoder. That would make it complicated for BRAWA.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#70 Posted : 03 June 2023 11:45:30(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW A peripheral aspect of the 60117 is its purported ability to support an IR connection from a Startup Base Station.

I have a response about a couple of aspects I raised

Q. Where is the IR lens , to aim the Base station at..
A. The IR receiver diode is installed in the receiver box 60117. We do not intend to relocate this IR diode to the outside.

Rather unsatisfactory, but in anticipation of "line of sight issues I also asked

Q. Is there an extension (cable with lens) available to allow mount the lens in a visible location or does the 60117 box have to be in "line of sight"
Q. How long is the cable of the 60117 that connects to a Central Station , MS2 TrackBox or MS-II Hub
A. The length of the connection cable of 60117 is about 60 cm.

(I had no question about the MS WLAN itself However ...) The response went on to imply that the 60117 is not really for use with a CS (home ethernet network being the expectation) even though this connection is clearly shown in the manual. (and not everyone has (wants to have) a network in their train room).

Peter
Offline Minok  
#71 Posted : 04 June 2023 00:14:34(UTC)
Minok

United States   
I can imagine the use case of plugging it into a CS would only add the ability to use an IR controller with the CS, ie if you have your kids and want to let them control a train on the big layout from time to time. The MS WLAN can be connected directly via WiFi to the CS, so the box is mainly for those that don’t have a CS.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline clapcott  
#72 Posted : 02 September 2023 09:33:06(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
0823 dated manuals for the 60667 and 60117 are circulating.

I detect little change except for the addition of "FCC" related references.

Of interest, timing wise, is that accompanying certification related documents are dated as recently as last month (Aug 2023)

Peter
Offline Goofy  
#73 Posted : 02 September 2023 13:41:33(UTC)
Goofy

You need rechargeable battery and battery charge. I reccommended you battery at least 950 mAh which should be enough to use.
H0
Offline clapcott  
#74 Posted : 03 September 2023 03:53:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
You need rechargeable battery and battery charge.....

The manual does not actually include the word "rechargeable" when referencing the alkaline battery option (as it does with NiMH) ...

Installation of 4 micro alkaline batteries (AAA, LR03) for the voltage supply to the Mobile Station WLAN.
Alternatively, nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries can also be used.

But on the topic of different battery types(/voltages) , I would say it is worth pointing out ...

The type of battery used must be set under „MSW Settings, Type of Battery“.

AND
- a) what the setting within new 60667 is set to
- b) If the UX offers an "enforced awareness" by requiring the user to choose an option on "first power up"

It is nice that there is a reference to NiMH (usually 1.2V) as some devices require 1.5V (over their working range)
Noting that, the label on the back of the 60667 states "4x AAA 1,5V"

But I then wonder what the "Type of Battery" setting does that could not be automatically detected by todays technical capability.
It may be as basic and (almost) inconsequential as determining the calibration of the "battery charge" indicator

Edited by user 03 September 2023 12:30:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
Offline Goofy  
#75 Posted : 03 September 2023 13:47:46(UTC)
Goofy

Märklin did present two ways to use kind of battery types.
However i do not recommended to use alkaline batteries due to MS2 draw possible a lot of power.
H0
Offline H0  
#76 Posted : 04 September 2023 08:54:13(UTC)
H0

But I then wonder what the "Type of Battery" setting does that could not be automatically detected by todays technical capability.
It may be as basic and (almost) inconsequential as determining the calibration of the "battery charge" indicator
I have seen that setting with digital cameras, too.
I guess the "battery empty" level is lower for NiMH versus alkaline batteries.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#77 Posted : 05 September 2023 11:19:28(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
fwiw, 60117 has gone green on marklin shop
Peter
Offline kiwiAlan  
#78 Posted : 05 September 2023 15:11:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I wonder if the ms2-WLAN will be available by the time of the TREFF then ...

Offline clapcott  
#79 Posted : 05 September 2023 23:58:18(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

60117 has gone unavailable again.

p.s. the 60667 is "Mobile Station WLAN" , maybe MS WLAN, (i.e. not MS2)
(not withstanding the comments like "... operation familiar from the MS2 ..."

Peter
Offline kiwiAlan  
#80 Posted : 08 September 2023 11:28:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

60117 has gone unavailable again.

p.s. the 60667 is "Mobile Station WLAN" , maybe MS WLAN, (i.e. not MS2)
(not withstanding the comments like "... operation familiar from the MS2 ..."

Well, as of today Joes Modellbahnladen shows the 60117 and 60667.
Offline Goofy  
#81 Posted : 08 September 2023 17:05:47(UTC)
Goofy

It is possible a new upgrade present for the MS2 WLAN with more details.
H0
Offline NewComix  
#82 Posted : 12 September 2023 14:34:42(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi,

I have it since Saturday and it’s working fine for me with my CS3. I really like it. Hopefully Märklin will provide some test devices during the Treff, so people can try it.

Kind regards
Jörg

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline NewComix  
#83 Posted : 13 September 2023 16:46:57(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi Goofy,
It is possible a new upgrade present for the MS2 WLAN with more details.

first update came yesterday afternoon: Version 4.0.0.2. It was just a bug fix, most people won’t notice: Wrong calculation of CAN UID.

kind regards
Jörg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline clapcott  
#84 Posted : 24 September 2023 05:37:18(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Related ...

A new section has been added on the website , under Service->Downloads , for MSW-Updates
https://www.maerklin.de/...ce/downloads/msw-updates

In an attempt at reducing confusion, the instruction currently available refer to the unit being in "Access Point" mode!
This is different from the option whereby you connect the MS-WLAN directly to your own (home) network, and from where it may access the internet.

Not stipulated, but if you are accessing in AP mode the update file must already be available to access.
Unless the device you are using to browse to access the MS-WLAN , in AP mode, has bridging capabilities it will not be access the internet concurrently so the update file for this method needs to be on your device.

At the time of writing the theoretical "msw_firmware.bin" file was not found on the page for download

The main situation for using AP mode would be if you do not have access to a (home) network with internet access.
In which case it is implied that you you have a 60117 and 60113/6, and optionally other MS2 or MS-WLAN.
These later devices might also be a source of an update file if they themselves were updated elsewhere
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#85 Posted : 24 September 2023 06:18:55(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
p.s. As an aside, because I personally find it grating.
It amazes me that marketing and software developers can't get a technically correct image.
i.e. the screenshot shows a MS2 not a MS-WLAN. The same lack of attention to detail is seen with the 60116 image in the product database.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#86 Posted : 24 September 2023 14:24:03(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I've been test driving it for a while, and I would have appreciated recharge option... Sad
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
bph
Offline NewComix  
#87 Posted : 24 September 2023 22:06:40(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi,

Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
I've been test driving it for a while, and I would have appreciated recharge option... Sad

sorry, I do not understand your post. I bought rechargeable batteries and placed them into the MS WLAN. Changed settings and it worked fine for me. You can probably buy another set of batteries and swap them when required. The only thing is to open the battery case every time.

Kind regards
Jörg

Offline bph  
#88 Posted : 24 September 2023 22:40:20(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

sorry, I do not understand your post. I bought rechargeable batteries and placed them into the MS WLAN. Changed settings and it worked fine for me. You can probably buy another set of batteries and swap them when required. The only thing is to open the battery case every time.

Kind regards
Jörg

I really wonder why they did not include a charging option for the batteries. it would have been so much easier if you could just plug in a usb cable into it and charge the batteries, without taking them out.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline Minok  
#89 Posted : 24 September 2023 23:07:55(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Kind regards
Jörgk

I really wonder why they did not include a charging option for the batteries. it would have been so much easier if you could just plug in a usb cable into it and charge the batteries, without taking them out.

Putting recharging circuitry into the MS2 would require some more space , but making it a small bit larger in theory isn’t an issue depending how much they are trying to stick to the forms for the existing ms2 mold.

If it is to be rechargeable , I’d want a charging cradle then, like an Xbox elite controller.

---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#90 Posted : 25 September 2023 00:12:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

If it is to be rechargeable , I’d want a charging cradle then, like an Xbox elite controller.

Wireless recharging, like some cell phones, is the obvious thing to do. If they had "done it right" the box that plugs into the trackbox could be the charger.

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#91 Posted : 25 September 2023 22:26:49(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   

I completely agree about plug ThumpUp

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
bph
Offline bph  
#92 Posted : 26 September 2023 10:19:22(UTC)
bph

Norway   

Wireless recharging, like some cell phones, is the obvious thing to do. If they had "done it right" the box that plugs into the trackbox could be the charger.

That would have been a nice solution as it eliminates plug wear over time.

Wonder if the LoDi-Con will be able to connect to the 60117? it probably needs a software update, but then what about the legal side.....
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#93 Posted : 27 September 2023 07:33:14(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
The minimum requirement (invention) would have been a battery door without screws Confused

lucka.jpg

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline marklinist5999  
#94 Posted : 27 September 2023 12:58:49(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes. However, a battery door with a clip can crack.
Offline Luna  
#95 Posted : 27 September 2023 20:14:22(UTC)
Luna

United States   
Does anybody have any info on when the WLAN Mobile Station will be available in the United States?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Luna
Offline marklinist5999  
#96 Posted : 28 September 2023 13:04:27(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I saw one shop add reel Tuesday from Germany saying soon. It will take a month at least for Marklin USA to get them and ship to dealers. Providing the container ships can get to ports in time. The routes can be complicated logistically. The Panama canal has had some low water issues lately.
I say this because I know from a dealer that not all orders are sent by air. They have received boxes that were water damaged before. Salt water. Usually only affecting the outer bulk boxes, but occasionally the item boxes inside too. I got a car set at a substantial discount.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#97 Posted : 28 September 2023 15:05:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
I saw one shop add reel Tuesday from Germany saying soon. It will take a month at least for Marklin USA to get them and ship to dealers. Providing the container ships can get to ports in time. The routes can be complicated logistically. The Panama canal has had some low water issues lately.
I say this because I know from a dealer that not all orders are sent by air. They have received boxes that were water damaged before. Salt water. Usually only affecting the outer bulk boxes, but occasionally the item boxes inside too. I got a car set at a substantial discount.

It cannot be far away as Joes Modellbahnladen is showing the 60117 WLAN receiver unit as in stock.
Offline Purellum  
#98 Posted : 29 September 2023 13:36:49(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I'm am VERY interested in knowing the approximately maximum distance you can have from the MS2 WLAN to the receiver,
and also what happens if you lose the connection?

Thanks BigGrin

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline mrmarklin  
#99 Posted : 30 September 2023 00:57:11(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post

It cannot be far away as Joes Modellbahnladen is showing the 60117 WLAN receiver unit as in stock.

Yes, available in Germany. I saw one in a shop in Wuppertal a couple of weeks ago.Cool
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#100 Posted : 02 October 2023 21:48:54(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Mine is on a boat, presumably somewhere between here and Singapore, although I only got the MS2 wLAN, but not the 60117 receiver.