Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline shannon  
#1 Posted : 02 November 2019 15:35:19(UTC)
shannon

Did any fellow learn about when Marklin 39520 Fc2x3/4 release ?
Marklin have never released further news about this locomotive other than the CAD picture in the catalog of earlier this year.

For celebrating 100 years of Swiss Crocodile, Marklin has announced HO golden crocodile Ce 6/8 II and brand new 1 gauge crocodile with Ce 6/8 III. The last crocodile 39520 seems to be revealed before ending of 2019.

Anyone who collects crocodiles is interested in this strange crocodile ?
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 02 November 2019 15:41:53(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The Marklin database has it being released in November 2019.

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/39520/
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2019 17:56:23(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: shannon Go to Quoted Post

Marklin have never released further news about this locomotive other than the CAD picture in the catalog of earlier this year.

For celebrating 100 years of Swiss Crocodile, Marklin has announced HO golden crocodile Ce 6/8 II and brand new 1 gauge crocodile with Ce 6/8 III. The last crocodile 39520 seems to be revealed before ending of 2019.

In addition to @RayF above post, you find

a thread at marklin-users.net about delivery dates

https://www.marklin-user...te-2-November-2019/page4

as well as Maerklin is regularly offering a list about its new item delivery-dates

https://www.maerklin.de/...ormation/delivery-dates/

https://www.maerklin.de/...in-Neuheiten_2019-10.pdf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline vilithejou  
#4 Posted : 02 November 2019 22:13:36(UTC)
vilithejou

I have more than 50 kroks (over 40 Marklin H0, but 2 in z scale and 2 in N scale 1 in spur1)

This Kroko is so special and beautiful kroko... Is a model developed in the same time that Marklin did in large time... but the Kofferli become the only unit of his type...

This modell will appear in green Scheme, and it's possible in museum scheme too

If you can... buy!!!
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline shannon  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2019 02:53:11(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

I have more than 50 kroks (over 40 Marklin H0, but 2 in z scale and 2 in N scale 1 in spur1)

This Kroko is so special and beautiful kroko... Is a model developed in the same time that Marklin did in large time... but the Kofferli become the only unit of his type...

This modell will appear in green Scheme, and it's possible in museum scheme too

If you can... buy!!!

Yes, I am waiting for the rare locomotive which is priced so high. No news disclosed before , even the surprise loc 39436 S3/6 accidently released was earlier than it as well. Will it be the final secretary weapon in 2019?

Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2019 19:24:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Yes, I am waiting for the rare locomotive which is priced so high. No news disclosed before , even the surprise loc 39436 S3/6 accidently released was earlier than it as well. Will it be the final secretary weapon in 2019?

Well, I did wonder when delivery is supposed to occur, as the display model at he IMA in September still had the solid brass driving wheels that the Nurnberg Toy Fair model had. I would have thought that after 8 months the display model would have had more representative wheels seeing delivery is supposed to be this month.

Offline steventrain  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2019 22:46:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I email marklin last few days ago and will let know from reply from M.

Seen any at goppingen
or gyor production? Far East?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline AntoinePrt  
#8 Posted : 05 November 2019 06:36:25(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Hi there,

Have a look at the french forum.
http://forum.e-train.fr/...php?t=87991&start=30

Cheers

Antoine

5C09FA82-BA32-44A3-802F-9FF6A9CD987F.jpeg
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline shannon  
#9 Posted : 05 November 2019 09:26:15(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: AntoinePrt Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

Have a look at the french forum.
http://forum.e-train.fr/...php?t=87991&start=30

Cheers

Antoine

5C09FA82-BA32-44A3-802F-9FF6A9CD987F.jpeg

Looks great and highly detailed.ThumpUp

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by shannon
Offline mbarreto  
#10 Posted : 05 November 2019 12:47:04(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

The side rods seems are not darkened, like in the new S3/6.
As long as they don't shine or are glossy it is acceptable (IHMO). Otherway would seem a way back to the past.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline dickinsonj  
#11 Posted : 07 November 2019 03:31:25(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I have had one of these on order for months now and considering how slow Märklin models are to arrive in North America I am hoping for mine sometime after the first of the year.

It is strange that there does not appear to have been any developments on this model in a very long time, as just the few images shown when it was announced are still the only ones out there. It looks quite interesting and very detailed, which I guess you should expect on a loco costing as much as this!

Thanks for the link Antoine - if Trix versions are finally appearing then hopefully the Märklin ones will be along soon!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 07 November 2019 18:12:54(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

The side rods seems are not darkened, like in the new S3/6.
As long as they don't shine or are glossy it is acceptable (IHMO). Otherway would seem a way back to the past.

Confused As of Maerklins website and as the pictures show, this loco has a "Dark brown basic paint scheme with black running gear" (guess this is you mean by "side rods") Maerklin is writing.

A couple of days ago I received my new S 3/6 (39436). It has a silver running gear, nothing darkened. But my S 2/6 (37017)

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/37017/

has a darkened running gear.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline mbarreto  
#13 Posted : 07 November 2019 23:09:01(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Confused As of Maerklins website and as the pictures show, this loco has a "Dark brown basic paint scheme with black running gear" (guess this is you mean by "side rods") Maerklin is writing.

Right! I called the "running gears" side rods :)
I prefer as the S2/6.
As it is written in the Märklin website it seems the locomotive will have "black running gears". In the photo above posted by AntoinePrt it doesn't seem so and that is why I wrote they seem to look not darkened. Probably we won't have to wait much more to know how it will be.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline fkowal  
#14 Posted : 08 November 2019 04:14:07(UTC)
fkowal

Canada   
It just occurred to me that if you were to remove the nose on both ends of the Fc2x3/4 the remaining box housing would look very much like the one from a Be 4/6. Roco makes one, but I keep on hoping Märklin will come out with their own version. I see a glimmer of hope.
Offline jvuye  
#15 Posted : 08 November 2019 15:29:24(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

Just (re-) looked at the description in English
They mention "heating resistors" on the roof!! LOL
These are actually resistor packs used in the electric braking system of the actual loco .
Similar arrangement as found on the Be 4/6 passenger trains cousin loco of this freight engine
Not a big deal, but Märklin's literature translations in English often show a flagrant ignorance of the subject matter.
Where are the days when Jeff from Märklin Inc was in charge?
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline shuli1969  
#16 Posted : 10 November 2019 04:55:09(UTC)
shuli1969

Taiwan, Province Of China   
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by shuli1969
Offline TEEWolf  
#17 Posted : 10 November 2019 19:09:51(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Not a big deal, but Märklin's literature translations in English often show a flagrant ignorance of the subject matter.

LOLIndeed like a controlling station changes to a central stationLOL

On the other hand, looking into the dictionary www.dict.cc at the word "central sation" in German stands the word "Zentralstation" and as SYNO Hauptbahnhof, (= HBF), Zentralbahnhof. This is wrong so far. Because nobody uses the word "Zentralstation" for "Hauptbahnhof" in the German language. In German a station is a very generally and broad used word. E.g. every point you stop for whatever reason in German is a station.

Where are the days when Jeff from Märklin Inc was in charge?

Gone with the time.Huh
Offline jvuye  
#18 Posted : 10 November 2019 20:24:23(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: fkowal Go to Quoted Post
It just occurred to me that if you were to remove the nose on both ends of the Fc2x3/4 the remaining box housing would look very much like the one from a Be 4/6. Roco makes one, but I keep on hoping Märklin will come out with their own version. I see a glimmer of hope.

Good observation!

They were designed at the same time and on the same drawing boards by the same engineers at Brown Boveri!
Then why did the SBB select the competitor's design (SLM and MFO) for the freight locomotive?
Because it was thought that the freight service on the Gotthard would absolutely require electric regenerative braking (where the energy from slowing the train down on the descend could be sent back to the overhead wire and power other locos on the uphill segements..)

Both designs , albeit different, gave good results.

But the BBC design , albeit very effective, was deemed a little too complex to operate for the average locomotive engineer.

The 12 201 (later 14 201) had nevertheless a long career, albeit not at the Gotthard, because the regenerative braking was soon removed and only the resistor pack you can see on top of each cab was maintained.
Offline Purellum  
#19 Posted : 10 November 2019 20:47:01(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Indeed like a controlling station changes to a central station

To me it makes quite good sense to call a CS 1/2/3 a "central station", since it's the center of everything.

And even like with the central stations on the prototypical railroads, all the buses are terminated at the CS 1/2/3 central station.

The only difference is that the prototypical buses have wheels, the buses we use run in wires LOL

The 66045 were a "Delta control"

The 6020 were a "Central unit" - since it had no control buttons, they were added via the 6035.

The 6021 were a "Control unit" - it had build-in control buttons.

I think the term "Controlling station" is a self made name, made up by someone who doesn't really understand the concept.

All of the above mentioned units, and the various mobile stations could also be called "Controlling stations",
for the MS's it would even make more sense. ( To me, at least ) Cool

Per.

P.S: Travelling in Germany can be a challenge, since they have both the Zentral-station and the Zentral-stadion,
and a lot of taxi drivers who doesn't understand much of neither German or English. LOL

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#20 Posted : 12 November 2019 16:29:01(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi everyone- any proper reviews of this locomotive yet? I'd love to know if it is worth the high price tag. It would be my large purchase for the year, so I want to make sure its a worthwhile one
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline jvuye  
#21 Posted : 12 November 2019 17:04:28(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: fkowal Go to Quoted Post

I have the ROCO 3 rail version (in fact two copies of the latest release a couple of years ago) ) It is just perfect.
And not very expensive either.
Cheers
Jacques

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline shannon  
#22 Posted : 13 November 2019 05:25:51(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone- any proper reviews of this locomotive yet? I'd love to know if it is worth the high price tag. It would be my large purchase for the year, so I want to make sure its a worthwhile one

Reference to the catalog, no digitally raising and lowering pantographs which also cannot take power from catenary .

More details on the roof and cooling pipes mounted on the side wall.

Interior lighting and Swiss signal lamps included.

Except the brand new tooling, comparing to Ce6/8 II, I don't think it is worth to the price.

Marklin simply try to raise the price which shall be proved by new S3/6 without special functions comparing to BR18.5 or S2/6.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by shannon
Offline steventrain  
#23 Posted : 25 November 2019 16:20:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Email from Marklin

'The production of 39520 is actual running. We hope that the first models will be available at our dealers next month.'
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline dickinsonj  
#24 Posted : 26 November 2019 00:44:16(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Email from Marklin

'The production of 39520 is actual running. We hope that the first models will be available at our dealers next month.'

Cool. Probably February or later for me, which is good since I bought a lot of trains this year and I need a break to catch up financially. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline steventrain  
#25 Posted : 29 November 2019 21:12:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Delivery begin from Monday.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline shannon  
#26 Posted : 02 December 2019 11:34:23(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Delivery begin from Monday.

Thanks for the information

Will Marklin present official pictures or video on Monday ?

The 2020 insider has also been announced earlier than 39520. Marklin seems to ignore this item....Bored
Offline steventrain  
#27 Posted : 03 December 2019 18:10:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
First on ebay with some images.

>LINK TO EBAY<
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Unholz  
#28 Posted : 04 December 2019 14:36:17(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Please take a look at this video:

Have you noticed it? It's absolutely shocking: the front "suitcases" (balcony-like porches) which gave the loco its nickname (Köfferlilok, from Köfferli = small suitcases in Swiss German language) actually MOVE in the curves!! Cursing Mad

This is really an absolute no-go! Sure, I am aware of the fact that Märklin want their locos to negotiate almost every possible curved track - but this looks so totally stupid. ThumbDown
Offline TEEWolf  
#29 Posted : 04 December 2019 15:54:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

Have you noticed it? It's absolutely shocking: the front "suitcases" (balcony-like porches) which gave the loco its nickname (Köfferlilok, from Köfferli = small suitcases in Swiss German language) actually MOVE in the curves!! Cursing Mad

This is really an absolute no-go! Sure, I am aware of the fact that Märklin want their locos to negotiate almost every possible curved track - but this looks so totally stupid. ThumbDown

Do not understand your problem. Suitcases are made for locomotions.

Although, I cannot see any hand grip to take away the Köfferli.Laugh
As a matter of fact the Grand Funk Railroad loved its Locomotiontoo.Love

Offline rbonet  
#30 Posted : 04 December 2019 19:08:48(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   

I don't understand the problem. AFAIK the prototype "suitcases" were articulated, as reproduced in the Märklin model. One can argue that the "suitcases" are too far away from the main body, but not that this articulation exists. Or perhaps I'm missing something.

Regards,
Rafael

Collecting Era I, II & III, mainly German, French & Spanish RR, some USA
Offline Bart  
#31 Posted : 04 December 2019 20:21:34(UTC)
Bart

Netherlands   
There may be a slight movement in the prototype:
Köfferli in Erstfeld

but someone forgot to lay R1 track in Erstfeld for a proper comparison Cool

It seems that the distance between the Köfferli and the body is quite large in the model.

Too bad, this reminds me of the R1 solution for the 39540 Rae TEE...
*Bart
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bart
Offline Unholz  
#32 Posted : 04 December 2019 20:22:44(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
AFAIK the prototype "suitcases" were articulated, as reproduced in the Märklin model. One can argue that the "suitcases" are too far away from the main body, but not that this articulation exists.

The "articulation" on the prototype is only minimal, barely visible. Marklin on the other hand has constructed the "suitcases" in such a brutal manner that one is instantly reminded of the infamous RAe TEE II railcar set (cat. no. 39540) with its atrocious movable body sideframes.

Bart has written just about the same things a few seconds earlier. ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline jcrtrains  
#33 Posted : 05 December 2019 00:06:23(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Tough to see the movement at Erstfeld in the below. Definetley a small gap in the prototype.

I can only hope my larger radius ( 24 to 28 inches) and very few number 4 switches ( freight yard only ) won’t expose it.

Erstfeld
Offline dickinsonj  
#34 Posted : 05 December 2019 02:04:53(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
That bogie articulation does not look all that bad to me. This certainly is not the first HO models on which some movements are exaggerated due to the unrealistically tight radii of MRR curves. I have seen videos of some trains that looked unacceptable when running through R1/R2 curves, but which look fine on my layout which has only R4/R5 curves on the mainlines.

I often watch brunelloroso's videos where he runs new models on continuous tight curves and there have been a few models that I have been sure I would hate, but it was not a problem at all on my track. So I am still looking forward to my Fc 2x3/4 and hoping that I like it as much as I think I will. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline jvuye  
#35 Posted : 06 December 2019 20:35:25(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
AFAIK the prototype "suitcases" were articulated, as reproduced in the Märklin model. One can argue that the "suitcases" are too far away from the main body, but not that this articulation exists.

The "articulation" on the prototype is only minimal, barely visible. Marklin on the other hand has constructed the "suitcases" in such a brutal manner that one is instantly reminded of the infamous RAe TEE II railcar set (cat. no. 39540) with its atrocious movable body sideframes.

Well it's hard to compromise on "prototypical look" and " usability on a model railroad"
To me, the only glaring problem is the lack of the access ladders to the cabs.
I have the (expensive) Metropolitan model (from the early 1990's) which is not very different from the Märklin model!

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline jvuye  
#36 Posted : 07 December 2019 11:21:40(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

Well it's hard to compromise on "prototypical look" and " usability on a model railroad"
To me, the only glaring problem is the lack of the access ladders to the cabs.
I have the (expensive) Metropolitan model (from the early 1990's) which is not very different from the Märklin model!

I just looked at the M database and found the info on the 39520: "Aufstiegsleitern liegen bei. Länge über Puffer" ( Access ladders supplied... !)
So it simply means those who published the pictures did simply not install them. ...Laugh

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline dickinsonj  
#37 Posted : 08 December 2019 01:00:19(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I just looked at the M database and found the info on the 39520: "Aufstiegsleitern liegen bei. Länge über Puffer" ( Access ladders supplied... !)
So it simply means those who published the pictures did simply not install them. ...Laugh

Or those parts are market as for display only, as is the case for some of the parts that came with many of my newer and more detailed locos.

Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline shannon  
#38 Posted : 08 December 2019 05:04:20(UTC)
shannon

I have ordered this item, but Marklin still has not disclosed any official information's which was announced to revealed in November. Mad

Marklin accidently released new S3/6 and in regular announced 2020 insider, but no news regarding 39520 which was listed on catalog of 2019 earlier this year was annonced. I always cannot figure out what marklin's marketing strategy is
Offline esben2009  
#39 Posted : 08 December 2019 21:22:06(UTC)
esben2009

Denmark   
The waiting time get shorter. Tomorrow Märklin will ship my Köfferli and it will be home before Christmas BigGrin
Märklin C-tracks, CS3+, Focus on SBB/BLS epoke IV-VI
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by esben2009
Offline shannon  
#40 Posted : 10 December 2019 10:14:47(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: Bart Go to Quoted Post
There may be a slight movement in the prototype:
Köfferli in Erstfeld

but someone forgot to lay R1 track in Erstfeld for a proper comparison Cool

It seems that the distance between the Köfferli and the body is quite large in the model.

Too bad, this reminds me of the R1 solution for the 39540 Rae TEE...

The gap of model apparently is quite wide if compared to the pritotype. Mad
https://shop.zugkraft-st...fferlilok-fc-2x3-4-braun

Screenshot_2019-12-10-17-15-17-353_com.android.chrome.png
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by shannon
Offline Unholz  
#41 Posted : 10 December 2019 10:28:20(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

...and the gap even gets glaringly wider when the model runs through curves and turnouts. ThumbDown

I wonder why somebody at Märklin got the crazy idea to connect the "suitcases" to the axle mechanism instead of the body shell. On just about every long German steamer the front end with the buffers is also rigid and doesn't jump around like a rubber ball...

https://www.youtube.com/...tVY&feature=emb_logo
Offline Goofy  
#42 Posted : 10 December 2019 15:34:52(UTC)
Goofy

A terrible big mistake Märklin!
Expensive and design fault.

ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline vilithejou  
#43 Posted : 10 December 2019 16:03:28(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

You have two options...

1.- Put the "Kofferli" with the body and the wheel below can goes separately from up

2.- Marklin do it like the real model, the problem is that the drive car pivot far away from front of the locomotive (see "Schleifer"). If you would this lok on Radius R5 or minus that is the best solution...
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline Goofy  
#44 Posted : 10 December 2019 17:55:52(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

You have two options...

1.- Put the "Kofferli" with the body and the wheel below can goes separately from up

2.- Marklin do it like the real model, the problem is that the drive car pivot far away from front of the locomotive (see "Schleifer"). If you would this lok on Radius R5 or minus that is the best solution...

Even on the straight track it looks awful with big distance between car pivot and the body.
In fact if you shall compare with the prototype...
H0
Offline mbarreto  
#45 Posted : 10 December 2019 18:09:05(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Maybe something like the mechanisms used in the close couplers that can extend the distance between the central body and the extremes when the locmotive is in the curves would have a better visual effect.

I don't know if this type of solution would work without derrailling the locomotive when pulling many wagons...

Regards,
Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#46 Posted : 10 December 2019 18:58:36(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I haven't seen one yet, but I suspect these suitcase gaps and flexing with the front trucks are all accommodations for R1 curves, which is a curse to Marklin because they need to aim for it, but it means sacrifices.

Adjustability I"d be curious of, but don't have high hopes. It will be interesting to see one in person, then I'll make a purchase decision. My wish list of trains is long enough as-is!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline jvuye  
#47 Posted : 11 December 2019 16:40:38(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

...and the gap even gets glaringly wider when the model runs through curves and turnouts. ThumbDown

I wonder why somebody at Märklin got the crazy idea to connect the "suitcases" to the axle mechanism instead of the body shell. On just about every long German steamer the front end with the buffers is also rigid and doesn't jump around like a rubber ball...

https://www.youtube.com/...tVY&feature=emb_logo

You guys!

You're asserting things you've not even verified yourself!
Have you checked how the real engine looks?
Have you seen it with your own eyes?

I have seen and toured this loco in Erstfeld depot.

And I can tell you've just made (big!) fools of yourselves !!Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh BigGrin BigGrin

Here is a composite of the picture posted by Shannon and an official BBC factory drawing .

Kofferli composite RET.jpg

Get back on your little blue pills before you touch a model train again!LOL
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Goofy  
#48 Posted : 11 December 2019 17:28:23(UTC)
Goofy

You guys!

And I can tell you've just made (big!) fools of yourselves !!Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh BigGrin BigGrin

Here is a composite of the picture posted by Shannon and an official BBC factory drawing .

If you take look at prototype real photo you see the locomotive does looks more closer than in the drawing pictures.
The distance between the wheels seems correct but the body in both end seems wrong drawing.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBB_Fc_2x3/4

H0
Offline jvuye  
#49 Posted : 11 December 2019 18:41:27(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

You guys!

If you take look at prototype real photo you see the locomotive does looks more closer than in the drawing pictures.
The distance between the wheels seems correct but the body in both end seems wrong drawing.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBB_Fc_2x3/4

OK, now we have here a perfect example of cognitive dissonance! If you've made up your mind, don't you ever be distracted by the facts.
I rest my case
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline mbarreto  
#50 Posted : 11 December 2019 21:23:42(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

This mix of drawings, is impressive! ThumpUp
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto