Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Twisterdodger  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2017 19:54:23(UTC)
Twisterdodger

Hello Everyone,
Having recently added the CS3 to my layout, I have spent much time trying to perfect my track Diagram and assorted turnouts. In my experience, this is not the most user friendly setup. Having said that, I've made many false starts, deleted turnouts and some track components. Now, the question!
Is is possible to do a "Factory Reset" ? Can I erase all previous efforts and put the CS3 back to the original base track settings it came with?
If this is possible, any assistance in walking through the procedure would be greatly appreciated. If it is available in print somewhere, please direct me, I've not yet found such directions.
Thank you,
George
Offline Roland  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2017 23:32:19(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
I can't seem to find the procedure in the CS3 manual either but I believe the steps are as follows:

1. From the System menu, press the CS3 button on the left side
2. Press the RESTORE button
3. Press the Checkmark to continue
4. Select the Startconfig.zip file and click OK

Might want to wait for someone who has tried this to confirm.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Online xxup  
#3 Posted : 05 November 2018 02:16:34(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Any update on this one? We want to completely reset the device and start again..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline MaerklinLife  
#4 Posted : 05 November 2018 06:33:35(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Restore the startconfig backup to reset it to delivery condition. You can also restore the "Leer" (empty) to reset it to completely empty.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 22 August 2019 04:15:03(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Twisterdodger Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone,
Having recently added the CS3 to my layout, I have spent much time trying to perfect my track Diagram and assorted turnouts. In my experience, this is not the most user friendly setup. Having said that, I've made many false starts, deleted turnouts and some track components. Now, the question!
Is is possible to do a "Factory Reset" ? Can I erase all previous efforts and put the CS3 back to the original base track settings it came with?
If this is possible, any assistance in walking through the procedure would be greatly appreciated. If it is available in print somewhere, please direct me, I've not yet found such directions.
Thank you,
George

How shall a factory reset be possible, if you always get new updates? Do you remember the software version when you bought the CS 3? The only point I see is to repeat the last update, a so called bootloader update. I just wrote about it in my post #5. You should try it too. If you can provide us with more details about your CS 3 would be helpful. But please be aware, the CS 3 can also be broken. Then you have to send it to Maerklin service. Addresses see here. The problem is no English website available for this service.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ervice/reparaturservice/

For the bootloader update please follow the instructions from the help function in the CS 3. This is important to follow them steo by step.