Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dobbyd  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2021 10:37:13(UTC)
dobbyd

United Kingdom   
hi i have just purchased a new central station 3 + and want to down load the main station app for my apple iPad with the latest iOS . i have been on the marklin web site. no tab to click on to down load it. been on the apple app store just says nothing found for main station, the only place its on is google play, but that version is for android and will not down load to a apple product , so my question is can you still get a apple ipad version of the Märklin Main Station app, if so please let me know.
thanks in advance
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2021 11:27:55(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
No, you can no longer purchase the mainstation app.

There are other options available with the CS3 - check the following forum thread - https://www.marklin-user...nd-Web-interface-problem

Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2021 12:14:46(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: dobbyd Go to Quoted Post
hi i have just purchased a new central station 3 + and want to down load the main station app for my apple iPad with the latest iOS . i have been on the marklin web site. no tab to click on to down load it. been on the apple app store just says nothing found for main station, the only place its on is google play, but that version is for android and will not down load to a apple product , so my question is can you still get a apple ipad version of the Märklin Main Station app, if so please let me know.
thanks in advance

Märklin officially declared "end of life" on the apps in the Märklin WebNews 291 (11/2021).
more information from märklin here: https://www.maerklin.de/en/service/customer-service/mainmobile-station-app-help
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 06 December 2021 13:04:47(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Indeed the Main Station app that I have works good with the CS2 but now with the CS3, the layout and the events are not working (on the MainStation app).
On the CS3, when it is connected to a WiFi router, then loading VNC Viewer on your iPad allows you to have a dynamic (real-time) image on you iPad and select functions. All this is at no extra cost.
Cheers
Jean
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 06 December 2021 13:30:02(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I checked with the Marklin U.S. representatives and was told that the Main Station App was designed for use with the CS2 and was no longer supported by Marklin. There is no need for it with the CS3 as you can connect with it without any app. However you need a modem connected to the CS3 which broadcasts a wifi connection. No extra cost except for a dedicated router.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 06 December 2021 17:16:59(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Doesn't Marklin still update and support the CS2?
Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 06 December 2021 19:44:18(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't Marklin still update and support the CS2?

Yes Märklin keeps on supporting the CS2 after 5 years it was withdrawn.
The CS2 is an excellent machine but the Layout and the "events" are totally different.

Another evolution on the CS3 is the web interface (allowing to configure the CS3, load loco icons, program webcams, etc Although, the CS2 has also a web inteface with less possibilities - no webcam etc) and also the compatibility with an interactive viewer (VNC Viewer) allowing to deport on a tablet (must support VNC Viewer) the screen and human interface (touchscreen).
I switched to a CS3 because after many years of heavy use my both 60215 gave up (one does not boot fully and the other works fine but has not power output (main track and programming track). To be fair, Märklin will probably soon stop updates for CS2s.

The CS3 is also a very good machine but different
Both support the direct full programming of Märklin decoders, including all the sounds & configuration which is excellent and not available on the Ecos.

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB