Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline spitzenklasse  
#101 Posted : 26 April 2008 21:10:29(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Save your money and time for now. How well do they run? I find it hard to believe that marklin released the compact sine motor without rigorous testing. How long have they been in the business? If the pdc boards are made with cheap chips from China, or worse, I suppose a warranty repair is in order. I doubt it is a design defect.
I bought a faucet from Kohler USA. I paid over $300.00 for it 11 years ago. It was covered for ten years under warranty. They sent me repair parts everytime. They want to keep me as a customer. They improved the design, and when I needed that part, they sent me the improved one. An American company with German roots, still manufacturing in the good old USA! Every product made by human hands can break. You should get what you pay for.
have a 5 unit ICE3. When I tun it at half speed say, and activate the lighting, it slows down. Why should a sinus model be different?
Offline spitzenklasse  
#102 Posted : 26 April 2008 21:11:39(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Signing off from laptop in the mistake on the Lake city.
Offline TimR  
#103 Posted : 27 April 2008 04:03:13(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Is it safe to say that if we were to buy a brand new compact C-sine loco such as 39120, 39420, etc that these would have none of the previous batch's problem?

Or should I say they have been "SDS"-ifed?
[:I]
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline mmervine  
#104 Posted : 27 April 2008 04:06:41(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Does anyone have a railbus that they have returned for an upgrade?

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline Larry  
#105 Posted : 27 April 2008 04:53:50(UTC)
Larry

United States   
Mark - Have you heard anything regarding this in the US?
Offline spitzenklasse  
#106 Posted : 27 April 2008 05:07:56(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Tim, I bought a 39120 last year, in March. I really can't ell if anything is amiss. It pulls a dozen freight cars with no problem. It pulls my rheingold/helvetia train, all lit up, and I only notice slight hesitation on tight curves, but these are long cars. most of the fast speed running occurs after 3/4 throttle. My other c-sine locs. run the same way. 103, and Taurus. I don't know the date of manufacture of mine. it is not as powerful in protoype form as a class BR103, so I'd expect it to be a bit slower, no?
Offline mmervine  
#107 Posted : 27 April 2008 05:12:50(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Larry:

No, not a word. The only lok that I have with this motor is my railbus. It runs ok, but not as good as my catenary vehicle. I was just curious if anyone has had their railbus upgraded.

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline estacioncocule  
#108 Posted : 03 May 2008 07:46:42(UTC)
estacioncocule

Hello:
I have a 39010 Locomotive from 2006, bought one year ago to a local dealer, that ran well with no problems until today, that started to present sudden variations in velocity, specially at higher speeds.
It drives well in lower velocities. Maybe the driving anomalies are not exactly the same described for Compact C Sine motors in the forum, but I think the problem is the motor, that needs the upgrade extensively described in the forum.
So, I have some questions for the experts:
¿Is this a problem related to the failure of 2006 Compact C Sine motors?
¿It has been previously observed that Compact C Sine motor problems after some 10 hours of use?
¿Is there any possibility to arrange the problem buying some spare parts in Germany, instead of sending the Locomotive to Marklin at Germany? (Chile is as "down under" as Australia and New Zealand" and Air shipment only, to and from Germany, will take 6 to 8 weeks).
Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Julio
Offline spitzenklasse  
#109 Posted : 03 May 2008 16:07:26(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Your Loc. 39010 has the regular drum c-sine, not the compact. I have read (as you also may have above) that there have been problems with both. I don't run mine a long time when I do, so I have not noticed any trouble yet. I have a Taurus, a 103, and a 39120 E10.3 If anything, they run better at over half speed. I use a 6021 controller.
The response is a bit slower than with a 3700 series Loc. until you get in the higher speed ranges. I guess thats why they call the new ones soft drive? The older 5-star digitals run great always! Carbon brushes are easy to change. I'm sure Marklin will iron out the bugs if there is one. They always do.
Offline pa-pauls  
#110 Posted : 03 May 2008 16:26:38(UTC)
pa-pauls

Long live the 5 star DCM motor...
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline spitzenklasse  
#111 Posted : 03 May 2008 18:30:15(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Agreed! Too bad Marklin switched to the non-dip-switch decoders. But then, for those of who don't see quite ass well as we used to, maybe we should like it. I love my class 120 #37353 with cab lighting. I only wish the cab with the headlights activated only would light up, not both at once.
Offline estacioncocule  
#112 Posted : 04 May 2008 03:33:03(UTC)
estacioncocule

Lutz:
Thanks for your information.
¿Could the problem be explained by the lack of grease in the worm gear and you have any suggestions of alternative grease, since I have not access to TRIX 66626 product?
Julio
Offline DTaylor91  
#113 Posted : 04 May 2008 05:44:22(UTC)
DTaylor91

Well, I just dropped my 39010 off at my dealer to send it back, we'll see how it goes. I didn't think I would need to deal with the issue, even though mine was an earlier-production model (I had pre-ordered when they were announced). Anyway, as I said, didn't think I would need to deal with this, since I don't use a booster. However, I found another instance where the voltage-drop issue can be annoying. If you are running a long train of lighted passenger cars, and a few of them are connected by current-conducting couplers, and the car with the slider starts having problems feeding current to the others making the lights "flicker", I could watch the locomotive start "bucking" in unison with the lights flickering.

So, it's off to Germany for my prized BR 01, which will give me plenty of time to start cleaning all the contact points on my Rheingold cars! Smile
Offline intruder  
#114 Posted : 04 May 2008 23:21:33(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
I bought a 2006-produced 39420 in February 2007.

It runs very well on my semi-permanet test layout.

UserPostedImage
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline steventrain  
#115 Posted : 05 May 2008 00:10:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very nice.

Well done, Svein.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline spitzenklasse  
#116 Posted : 05 May 2008 19:35:38(UTC)
spitzenklasse

I must be blind Lutz. I will again look at the schematics on Marklin service pages.
Offline laalves  
#117 Posted : 07 May 2008 05:11:41(UTC)
laalves

Hi all,

Just to let you know that my schienenbus came back today, upgraded, and it runs beautifully, no stutter at all. Couldn't test voltage sensitivity.

The VT08.5 and HWZ are still at Märklin's.

Cheers all, LA
Offline spitzenklasse  
#118 Posted : 07 May 2008 05:56:34(UTC)
spitzenklasse

That is what I was confusing myself with Hemmerich! THank You! Danke shen!
Offline Hobbit  
#119 Posted : 09 May 2008 08:40:19(UTC)
Hobbit

Has anyone been successful in asking for just a new replacement pcb for installation by themselves (or a local service representative) without sending the loco to Marklin in Germany? Or even by sending the old board for exchange?
There is no place like The Shire...
Offline rschaffr  
#120 Posted : 09 May 2008 15:33:57(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
It is my understanding that it requires special tools and cannot be done outside a Marklin service center.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Hobbit  
#121 Posted : 10 May 2008 15:40:21(UTC)
Hobbit

What is the special tool and what do you need it for?
Offline SierraDelta  
#122 Posted : 11 May 2008 13:55:11(UTC)
SierraDelta

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hobbit
<br />Has anyone been successful in asking for just a new replacement pcb for installation by themselves (or a local service representative) without sending the loco to Marklin in Germany? Or even by sending the old board for exchange?

As I wrote above, there are many examples over at Stummi's Forum of people having done this through sending in the parts to be replaced (after prior arrangement with Märklin Repair Service). No exotic tools needed.
Cheers,
Søren
#123 Posted : 14 May 2008 07:12:55(UTC)
Hobbit

Last night I sent an email to Marklin Service to enquire whether it was possible to just send the driver circuit board for replacement, so save on postage cost. I got a reply within a few hours and they said that it was not possible, and that I had to send the whole locomotive to Germany.

They even suggested that I should drop it off at my local dealer and that he could send it for me to save me the cost! I can just see my dealer bursting out laughing if I were to tell him, especially since I did not get the loco in question from him.

Is it likely that these replacement boards will be available for puchase any time soon? My hope is that they may be chaper than the postage to Germany, not to mention risk of loss or damage to the loco en-route and the time involved. My loco is the E18 39680.
Offline nevw  
#124 Posted : 15 May 2008 01:13:39(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />
Quote:
I can just see my dealer bursting out laughing if I were to tell him, especially since I did not get the loco in question from him.

BY LUTZ
Sure he'll just laugh if you were not able to prove your purchase of that loco from an authorized Märklin dealer (just take a look at the warranty card of your loco). wink

Must be different In Germany.
Here in the Colonies if I take a Loco into a Local Marklin Dealer along with the invoice and Warranty Card, for repair and I did not buy it off that dealer the following could happen:
1 I would get a dirty Look and a Laugh for having the audacity of asking for warranty on something I did not get from Him.

2 The most likely response would be send it back to the dealer you got it from
or
3 occassionally if you are lucky Be told that there would be a Charge to look at it (For a Lok about $50). [xx(][xx(] If it could be repaired here it would be done but still the $50 Fee

4 If it had to go back to Germany I would have to pay for postage and Packing and it would be extra to pay if I wanted it to go ASAP (about $40-$60) or I could just wait until they had a shipment of other goods to be returned for service. (Cost then about $30.00)[xx(][:(][:(!]

Must be loverly to have such accommadating Dealers around. biggrinwink

From all reports from Dealers in NZ and OZ M Dealers in Germany are treated differently to M dealers in other parts of the world.
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline David Dewar  
#125 Posted : 15 May 2008 01:35:30(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Nev These shops are not really dealers in the usual sense of the word. They sell toys from lots of manufacturers and outwith Germany are not bothered if they sell Marklin or not.
I would consider anybody as a dealer who sells one or two different manufacturers stuff and has the facitlies and knowledge to do repairs and carry spares parts. Marklin models are available anywhere from shops and ebay to people working from their spare bedroom and the best hope of getting decent service is to find a model shop with an owner who does his best for his customers.
I have been lucky so far as little has gone wrong with my Marklin purchases (famous last words)

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline john black  
#126 Posted : 15 May 2008 01:43:50(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
<br />Here in the Colonies ... I would get a dirty and look a laugh for having the audacity
of asking for warranty on something I did not get from him

biggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrin ...

Of course, my friend - all ya get is a chicken & noodle warranty [xx(]
Waddaya think - dealing with GENERAL MOTORS, here ... confused[}:)]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline David Dewar  
#127 Posted : 15 May 2008 01:55:21(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
John Maybe we should book our loco in for a service and get a replacement loco while repairs are being done. We must remember the Per and Flash are both authorised uncoupler dealers ...knowing Per I doubt a warranty will exist.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline perz  
#128 Posted : 15 May 2008 02:06:43(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />I would consider anybody as a dealer who sells one or two different manufacturers stuff and has the facitlies and knowledge to do repairs and carry spares parts.

Do dealers exist at all given this definition? I doubt it.
Offline john black  
#129 Posted : 15 May 2008 02:38:56(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />John,

Maybe we should book our loco in for a service and get a replacement loco while repairs are being done.

David,

just glad all of my beauties are o.k. ... no need for sending 'em to an unknown fate biggrin[}:)]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline nevw  
#130 Posted : 15 May 2008 02:54:09(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Our local Dealer is a Model Train Dealer. M And Trix, some Brawa and accessories.
Has a Store and all. Carries an extensive range of spare parts BUT in hte main Sends Warranty repairs back to Germany which can mean months of waiting

His view is if you did not buy it from me get it fixed from where you got it.
However if you did buy it from him he looks after you even if the items goes back to Germany.
Big Dealer in another Large city will do warranty repairs for a fee (For items not got from them). THey call this an inspection fee to see if it is indeed a warrany repair and not something that you busted. Then mostly off to Germany at your expense.
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline john black  
#131 Posted : 15 May 2008 03:19:48(UTC)
john black

United States   
Nev - ya couldn't care less about those alien fees. Sue 'em biggrin[}:)]

Offline Hobbit  
#132 Posted : 15 May 2008 07:38:08(UTC)
Hobbit

@Nev, you are spot on with your description as to what could happen - same even outside of Queensland.

@Lutz, the spare parts list on the exploded diagram indeed shows the driver board as being #101837, and same on the M website. However on the website the parts listing to the right of the diagam shows part 18 as being #122950 and the traffic light is greyed out and no price is shown.

I checked 39681 and the same there. I also looked at 39010 for comparison and it has its board #127838 at a cost of 99.95 euros. I guess #101837 would cost about the same.

So it looks like sending it to germany for $50 (30 euro) is a better choice. Still, it is annoying that some can get the board exchanged for free (or postage cost of just the board) while others have to pay a substantial amount.

I wonder what part #122950 is? I also wonder; how would I know for sure that even if I ordered #101837 I would get the upgraded vesion and not old (original) stock, if the upgraded board still has the same part number?

Offline David Dewar  
#133 Posted : 15 May 2008 14:21:30(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
You fellows in Oz should lobby to get your laws changed and make sellers responsible for faulty goods ... full cash refund is the best way. If a so called dealer wont do waranty claims if bought from another dealer then he should not be a dealer in my view. If everything goes back to Germany then probably the customer has a better knowledge of the product than than the seller also the delay is not acceptable.
Lok shop seem pretty good with claims and usually send a new model.

david
Offline nevw  
#134 Posted : 16 May 2008 01:17:45(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />@Nev, you are spot on with your description as to what could happen - same even outside of Queensland.

My comment clearly related to authorized Märklin dealers; needless to say that this is what the Märklin manufacturer warranty covers - worldwide. There are lists of those dealers for various countries; you might want to check for your country, maybe even by contacting Märklin directly. Depending upon the individual purchase and the dealers in your area you still always have the option of sending your models yourselves directly to Märklin.

Lutz,
We are talking about AUTHORISED MARKLIN DEALERS as listed on the M* Web Site, IF not brought from them they do not want to know anything about warranty repairs. [xx(][V][:(]

THer M policy should be the same worlwide. Should not be different from Germany to the rest of the World. [:(!]

Offline Hobbit  
#135 Posted : 16 May 2008 06:47:52(UTC)
Hobbit

Thanks Lutz. Given the uncertainty of what version board I might get if I ordered it as a pert, even if it were available, my choice is now obvious: reluctantly I must now send it to Germany as it runs jerky at mid and high speeds.
Offline john black  
#136 Posted : 16 May 2008 16:19:14(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />reluctantly I must now send it to Germany as it runs jerky at mid and high speeds

Sorry for you, Hobbit Smile - for whatever reasons they simply can't get 'em right ...
But that's only one of many troubles with M's latest generation of digital controllers/locos [xx(]

So I got rid of them and gladly run my trains super-smoothly with the previous generation CU6021 Smile[^]

Offline nevw  
#137 Posted : 17 May 2008 01:28:17(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
We are talking about AUTHORISED MARKLIN DEALERS as listed on the M* Web Site, IF not brought from them they do not want to know anything about warranty repairs. [xx(][V][:(]

Which one(s) in your country are you talking about? (I'm just aware of one in Australia).

THe one that you are aware of is one of the culprits (Also the Distributor for Australia). there are others in OZ and they have the same policy. [V][xx(][:(]

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:THer M policy should be the same worlwide. Should not be different from Germany to the rest of the World. [:(!]

The Märklin warranty policy is the same worldwide; a copy of the warranty card including a description of the conditions, currently printed in 8 different languages, are supplied with every model/locomotive (for example document #608068). I assume most members here know it and its contents.

What is printed on a Warranty card is not worth the cost of the ink and paper it is written on if a dealer decides that he wants nothing to do with the warranty repair.
It may be just a simple repair that can be done locally without incurring the cost of returning the item to Germany, so if the item was not purchased from that dealer he does not want to know about it.

It does not specify that shipping of claimed item is free of charge, but it states that you might send it directly to them, regardless of the location/authorized dealer where it was sold (shipping address is provided).

We all know that we can return the Item to M* in Germany which can be very time COnsuming and frustrating as most times no infomation re progress or estimated completion time is ever given.

But the original bit is . If you did not buy the item from the dealer that you are asking for a warranty repair you get laughed out of the Shop.
Offline john black  
#138 Posted : 17 May 2008 02:55:07(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />What is printed on a warranty card is not worth the cost of the ink and paper
it is written on if a dealer decides that he wants nothing to do with the warranty repair.

But the original bit is if you did not buy the item from the dealer
that you are asking for a warranty repair you get laughed out of the shop.

Excellent points, Nev Cool[^] ... guess you'll send your 77th Tactical Fighter Wing, now biggrin[}:)]

Offline nevw  
#139 Posted : 17 May 2008 03:59:10(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />
Quote:
<br />What is printed on a warranty card is not worth the cost of the ink and paper
it is written on if a dealer decides that he wants nothing to do with the warranty repair.

But the original bit is if you did not buy the item from the dealer
that you are asking for a warranty repair you get laughed out of the shop.

Excellent points, Nev Cool[^] ... guess you'll send your 77th Tactical Fighter Wing, now biggrin[}:)]

Bomb G once again. biggrinwink
Offline nevw  
#140 Posted : 18 May 2008 03:22:39(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />
Quote:
... there are others in OZ and they have the same policy.

If they are not listed by Märklin they are apparently not authorized ones; it is then also not surprising that they reject the handling of warranty claims since the Märklin warranty policy is only applicable to authorized ones. Conditions for authorized Märklin dealer are for example shown on the Märklin U.S. web.
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:What is printed on a Warranty card is not worth the cost of the ink and paper it is written on if a dealer decides that he wants nothing to do with the warranty repair.
It may be just a simple repair that can be done locally without incurring the cost of returning the item to Germany, so if the item was not purchased from that dealer he does not want to know about it.

See above. Besides the fact that such a dealer behaviour is just stupid or a result of missing product service knowledge, nobody really stops you from raising your model issue with the (authorized) dealer from which the item was purchased.
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:We all know that we can return the Item to M* in Germany which can be very time COnsuming and frustrating as most times no infomation re progress or estimated completion time is ever given.

Understandable if you use the known slow canoe and dare to ask if it ever arrived; besides the fact that Märklin repair service handles received warranty claims always the same, regardless from where they were coming - it's solely done based upon availability of repair parts and other relevant resources. Märklin dealers and customers even get advance charge estimates before any repair if the claim was determined not being a warranty case. A number of years ago I had a problem with one of my locos, where the warranty repair took 5 month just because the (rare) defective part was out of stock until the next production run. Cool
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:But the original bit is . If you did not buy the item from the dealer that you are asking for a warranty repair you get laughed out of the Shop.

Appears to be clearly a (potential local) dealer problem; maybe due to low developed understanding of proper customer service behavior there. Opposed to that it is known that one German dealer in particular is frequently mentioned here in this forum for providing excellent handling of product claims. Another possibility is that the customer thinks he can buy his stuff cheap somewhere (like ebay) and ask a local dealer for free of charge warranty claim handling; which is simply naive. I'm not aware of authorized Märklin dealers around here who would reject in general customer claims just because the item was not purchased from them; instead they will simply tell how much it might/will cost the customer if they should handle this case -
which is IMHO just fair and good business understanding (the customer might for example have moved into the area and could become a potential new customer for future product purchases).

Lutz, will you share the knowledge that you have of the authorised Dealers in Australia. THere used to be a List on the M website but now all i can see is German ones.
Before the site was changed it showed Worlwide. If it is still available could you point me in hte correct direction to find it.

However back to the Authorised Dealer. The policy there is " I did not sell it . Take your warranty repair to the store that you got it from. The M warranty is not worth a Bumper in that store if it was not brought from him.[xx(][xx(][xx(][:(]

AS I said earlier things are different outside of Germany.wink

If I remember correctly there has been posts on othr topices that Authorised Dealers in the US would not touch Warranty Claims if not brought from them.

[size=3]Has anyone, in any country had the experience of trying to get a warranty claim from a store where you did not buy the item and be told to go to where you brought it??
Offline spitzenklasse  
#141 Posted : 19 May 2008 03:01:44(UTC)
spitzenklasse

I'm tired of this compact c-sinus upgrade rigamaroll. I think Marklin has cut their noses off to spite thier face on this one. In trying to make thier products less interfacable with competetitors, they have created a boondogle.
I always say, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Just because the rfid chip hit the street, they had to go and put it into a locomotive. Why in Samhill they didn't expand the Motorola format again for more functions I wonder?
They could have developed a new wireless controller. For what a CS costs, I think they could have done it. I bet thats the next trick up their sleeve anyway.
Offline nevw  
#142 Posted : 19 May 2008 03:07:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
THere used to be a List on the M website but now all i can see is German ones.

It's very obvious and normal that the German Märklin dealer website only lists authorized Märklin dealers in Germany; likewise does the Swiss page, etc. biggrin

You were the one who claimed earlier about your (unnamed) dealers that they "all are authorized Märklin dealers". I replied that I'm only aware of one, who is apparently also the official Märklin representative in Australia.

Lutz,
the old M* German Website used to list M* Dealers from all around the World, NOT JUST GERMAN. So why stop this service. Arrogance or Laziness.

I though that you were speaking with authority when you said that there was only one "Authorised" M* dealer in Australia, but apparewntly not.wink
N
Offline H0  
#143 Posted : 19 May 2008 20:05:33(UTC)
H0

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by spitzenklasse
<br />I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thass good for a knife or a jar ...
... but M* locos can become better if the decoder gets the latest update.

OT: I sent my BR 18.1 (37115) back along with 2 compact c-sine locos because it was jerky at slow speed. I thought that was a mechanical problem, but it came back with the statement "decoder replaced"; it runs much better now, but still a little bit jerky. They wrote it now has the standard behaviour ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline rschaffr  
#144 Posted : 19 May 2008 21:23:43(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Lutz: I have contacted several dealers in the US and one in Germany. None of them know of the upgrade (or at least will admit to knowing). I have been corresponding with Jeff Stimson at Marklin USA and even he has been unsuccessful in getting any information about this from the factory. He finally told me last week to send the models to the repair service in Goeppingen because Marklin USA cannot help. You must live in a dream world about Marklin Service. Even the Marklin official company in the US can't get any information on this. Anyway, with much hesitation and soul searching, this morning I turned my VT08 over the the gentle(?) hands of the US Postal Service to start it's journey to Goeppingen. I hope I see it again sometime this year. Tomorrow my VT798 will follow.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
Offline David Dewar  
#145 Posted : 19 May 2008 22:16:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Nev As I think I said before your problem in Oz is the consumer law. Here we just return the goods to the dealer where the item is purchased for replacement or refund (the customers choice) Marklin warranties have no legal meaning amd nobody is interested in whether anybody is authorised or not. Selling toy trains is not excactly something anybody needs to be authorised for ... the seller buys from Marklin adds the profit and passes on the box and thats about it. There are some businesses like Mike here on the forum where you have an owner who knows about the product and likes to give a good service but I am sure Mike would admit that it is not excactly big business but something he enjoys and hopefully can make a good living.

Ron Hope all goes well with your models and they come back sometime during 2008.

David
Offline rschaffr  
#146 Posted : 19 May 2008 22:25:06(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
David: Rest assured that I will report the outcome of this adventure. Smile

It is too bad that I am not going to Germany this year...I would have delivered them myself. Going to visit the Mouse in Florida this fall instead.
-Ron
Offline laalves  
#147 Posted : 20 May 2008 00:46:50(UTC)
laalves

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by h-zero
<br />OT: I sent my BR 18.1 (37115) back along with 2 compact c-sine locos because it was jerky at slow speed. I thought that was a mechanical problem, but it came back with the statement "decoder replaced"; it runs much better now, but still a little bit jerky. They wrote it now has the standard behaviour ...

Off-topic: while comparing Märklin loks factory equipped with Maxon motors with my own SB-Modellbau conversions I conclude that the SB-Modellbau versions run much, much smoother than the Märklin ones, BUT I believe this is due to a clever reason: Märklin intends to control the motor fully electronically, thus being able to stop it in a signal 100% guaranteed, for example. If you have little inertia coasting (thus jerkiness at low speeds), it will stop in a dime. If it coasts a lot due to SB's flywheel, it won't stop exactly where intended, unless you slow it carefully, prior to the stopping.

Luís
Offline nevw  
#148 Posted : 20 May 2008 01:31:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:

... "speaking with authority"
<br />
Quote:
I replied that I'm only aware of one, who is apparently also the official Märklin representative in Australia.

You apparently demonstrate lack of authority when complaining about "authorized" Märklin dealers who are said to not provide the service being asked for, but you're not even able to name them. There is also no German website needed to make these names public.

The official Märklin rep for Australia can still be found on the German web, etc. today. Once you have provided the names of "unwilling" dealers, I might share the link(s) for comparison; otherwise there is no reason for me to do so. If you're not able or willing to name those dealers it will be obvious that you were not talking about authorized ones.

However, they might have some reason why they don't want to do business with certain people. Cool

I wonder which Aussie dealer you're really using to execute interactions with the Märklin factory; like spare parts, warranty cases, C-Sine upgrade stuff or Insider Club affairs. wink

Lutz ,
In the absence of a MARKLIN Web Site in most countries the German MARKLIN web site was in fact , the INTERNATIONAL MARKLIN Website and as such published information on MARKLIN Dealers worldwide.

From your statement it is apparant the the German Marklin website is for Germany/GERMANS only. On the rest of the dribble my Lips are sealed. wink
Offline Pavle  
#149 Posted : 20 May 2008 01:51:32(UTC)
Pavle

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
<br />Lutz: I have contacted several dealers in the US and one in Germany. None of them know of the upgrade (or at least will admit to knowing). I have been corresponding with Jeff Stimson at Marklin USA and even he has been unsuccessful in getting any information about this from the factory. He finally told me last week to send the models to the repair service in Goeppingen because Marklin USA cannot help. You must live in a dream world about Marklin Service. Even the Marklin official company in the US can't get any information on this.

Ron,

Sending them to G. might take a while, but is probably the best solution. My 3 locs are now at the Dutch repair service (not that far from G., I would think) for 2 months, and as far as I know nothing happened.
Not that it matters much to me - my faulty CS cannot be repaired or replaced either, so not much mrr around here[xx(]. How much longer is that problem going to last...?

Peter
Peter
Offline john black  
#150 Posted : 20 May 2008 18:17:28(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />However, they might have some reason why they don't want to do business with certain people

Wow ... [:0][:I][xx(]
Nev, your choice. Blunderbusses & balloons - or do ya prefer the wet rag confusedbiggrin[}:)]