Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Harlov  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2022 20:24:32(UTC)
Harlov

Sweden   
I have a Faller Gantry crane 120162 that I want to control (remotely) the direction of rotation of the Faller gantry crane. The crane is designed for the Faller motor 180629 but would like to replace it with some type of motor and so that I can control the crane in both directions, the Faller 180629 can only be set manually through a mechanical rod built into the motor gear itself.

Did anyone try to replace the Faller 180629 with a stepper motor or a servo? Any other ideas and pictures would be grateful?

/ Peter

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2022 23:46:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Harlov Go to Quoted Post
I have a Faller Gantry crane 120162 that I want to control (remotely) the direction of rotation of the Faller gantry crane. The crane is designed for the Faller motor 180629 but would like to replace it with some type of motor and so that I can control the crane in both directions, the Faller 180629 can only be set manually through a mechanical rod built into the motor gear itself.

Did anyone try to replace the Faller 180629 with a stepper motor or a servo? Any other ideas and pictures would be grateful?

/ Peter

You could always work the reversing rod with a servo.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2022 14:51:07(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter

You may find it easier to fit DC motors like the Faller 180722 https://www.faller.de/de/de/Prod...cm.at/Getriebemotor.html
I purchased mine in China for less than 5 Euros
Here is one https://www.ebay.de/itm/18439516...ef1be:g:k0EAAOSwYh5hwFie
Total length of 35 mm (including the axle), 4 mm Diameter axle, start rotating at 6 V, powerful

micromoteur.jpg
Unlike with a servo, you can use the motor axle directly to fit to the crane cabin.
With a servo you need to construct a solid and low friction axle for the cabin. Then all is simple but most servos are rotating only 90° with little torque.

Here is an example of the implementation on a bridge to stop and direct traffic on a Car System using 2 servos. Video of the underside of the bridge. Control using an ESU SwitchPilot 3 Servo

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Harlov  
#4 Posted : 27 January 2022 14:45:27(UTC)
Harlov

Sweden   
Thanks
Yes such an engine would fit well, the question is what speed to choose I thought in that case 20 rpm or lower rpm for rotation of the crane, i found Dc engine on Aliexpress

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Peter

You may find it easier to fit DC motors like the Faller 180722 https://www.faller.de/de/de/Prod...cm.at/Getriebemotor.html
I purchased mine in China for less than 5 Euros
Here is one https://www.ebay.de/itm/18439516...ef1be:g:k0EAAOSwYh5hwFie
Total length of 35 mm (including the axle), 4 mm Diameter axle, start rotating at 6 V, powerful

micromoteur.jpg
Unlike with a servo, you can use the motor axle directly to fit to the crane cabin.
With a servo you need to construct a solid and low friction axle for the cabin. Then all is simple but most servos are rotating only 90° with little torque.

Here is an example of the implementation on a bridge to stop and direct traffic on a Car System using 2 servos. Video of the underside of the bridge. Control using an ESU SwitchPilot 3 Servo

Cheers
Jean