Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<56789>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#301 Posted : 17 September 2021 08:43:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Zme Go to Quoted Post
Here is a link to new fall items for Marklin:

Hi Dwight, you're a bit late to the party. These links were already posted in the 2021 New Items thread, so I will move your post there.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Zme
Offline H0  
#302 Posted : 17 September 2021 09:14:19(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
One thing I am surprised is the 844 has a 37xxx item number. As Märklin usually reserves 39xxx for very accurate and more cared models, do you think it is intended to be a top model?
I often read here that 39xxx was better than 37xxx, but there is no evidence. Some 37xxx are "better" than some 39xxx models. For Märklin the second digit obviously makes no difference.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline rmsailor  
#303 Posted : 17 September 2021 17:22:49(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
Disappointed in the Xma car - it's so similar to last year, I had to go back and check it wasn't just a re-release of the same item!

yeah, it is the third year in a row that they have done a coach for the H0 Christmas wagon.

Marklin would have perhaps have been better if they had based the Christmas coaches on the Hobby 4107/8 articles. It would have been easy to fit the many attractive designs that have appeared on the LGB Christmas coaches over the years onto the side. They might also have been cheaper.

Bob M.
Offline bph  
#304 Posted : 17 September 2021 18:14:32(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post
Disappointed in the Xma car - it's so similar to last year, I had to go back and check it wasn't just a re-release of the same item!

yeah, it is the third year in a row that they have done a coach for the H0 Christmas wagon.

Marklin would have perhaps have been better if they had based the Christmas coaches on the Hobby 4107/8 articles. It would have been easy to fit the many attractive designs that have appeared on the LGB Christmas coaches over the years onto the side. They might also have been cheaper.

Bob M.

my guess is that Märklin has made a Christmas edition of a branch line passenger car set, based on the 43010, 43020, and 43030 or 43019. It seems like 48420 and 48421 are slightly different in construction and correspond to 43010 and 43020.

so personally I think the baggage car 48419 and the passenger cars 48420 and 48421 makes a nice Christmas set on their own. And next year Marklin will likely have something different, as the set is now "complete".
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#305 Posted : 17 September 2021 18:41:58(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
The 844 looks cool, although I find it either strange or ironic that it is coming at the exact same time, price and almost exact same materials as the new version from Broadway limited:

https://www.broadway-lim...GraphiteModernExcur.aspx

Could they have been in sync, or strange accident? Either way, I hope the business case was based on AC sales, as trix may have a tough go vs broadway limited, which has the retail footprint etc here in the USA.

Thematically, this does perfectly fit into the marklin UP portfolio though!
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline kiwiAlan  
#306 Posted : 17 September 2021 19:20:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post

Bob M.

my guess is that Märklin has made a Christmas edition of a branch line passenger car set, based on the 43010, 43020, and 43030 or 43019. It seems like 48420 and 48421 are slightly different in construction and correspond to 43010 and 43020.

so personally I think the baggage car 48419 and the passenger cars 48420 and 48421 makes a nice Christmas set on their own. And next year Marklin will likely have something different, as the set is now "complete".

Good point. I'll have to have a look and compare them myself. Still will make an interesting set to go with the steam Christmas loco.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline bph  
#307 Posted : 18 September 2021 13:45:54(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
The 844 looks cool, although I find it either strange or ironic that it is coming at the exact same time, price and almost exact same materials as the new version from Broadway limited:

https://www.broadway-lim...GraphiteModernExcur.aspx

Could they have been in sync, or strange accident? Either way, I hope the business case was based on AC sales, as trix may have a tough go vs broadway limited, which has the retail footprint etc here in the USA.

Thematically, this does perfectly fit into the marklin UP portfolio though!

Thanks,

I guess it could be some form of corporation and that they matched the price in order to not compete on the price.

will be interesting to compare the exploded drawing from Märklin and Broadway limited on the 844. (could not find one from Broadway limited, yet...?)

If they are working together, have they worked together before?. E.G. take a look at the exploded drawings on the challengers, and compare Märklin and Broadway limited. The drawings are arranged slightly differently, but they look quite similar except for the smoke generator.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline marklinist5999  
#308 Posted : 18 September 2021 14:42:42(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Well, the auto companies work together now, so? I don't have one Christmas car. I just can't see paying $40 plus for a 5 inch car. If my birthday were around December, no doubt my former dealer would have gifted me a few.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline mike c  
#309 Posted : 18 September 2021 17:24:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
One thing I am surprised is the 844 has a 37xxx item number. As Märklin usually reserves 39xxx for very accurate and more cared models, do you think it is intended to be a top model?
I often read here that 39xxx was better than 37xxx, but there is no evidence. Some 37xxx are "better" than some 39xxx models. For Märklin the second digit obviously makes no difference.

2 decades ago, 39XXX was introduced as the product numbers for the C-sine (sinus) models.
Production of models with those models stopped after a few years
As the numbers of 37XXX became saturated, Maerklin decided to use the 39XXX numbers for regular models too.
There may be some criteria for what features a model must have to qualify for a 39XXX compared to a 37XXX.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mbarreto  
#310 Posted : 18 September 2021 22:51:34(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

2 decades ago, 39XXX was introduced as the product numbers for the C-sine (sinus) models.
Production of models with those models stopped after a few years
As the numbers of 37XXX became saturated, Maerklin decided to use the 39XXX numbers for regular models too.
There may be some criteria for what features a model must have to qualify for a 39XXX compared to a 37XXX.

Regards

Mike C

The criteria maybe something like the wind direction on the day of decision ;)

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline dickinsonj  
#311 Posted : 19 September 2021 01:39:09(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I agree with Mike.

I basically see little rhyme nor reason to how models get pushed into these two ranges anymore. I get where they came from, but for a while now I have found 37xxx models to basically be equivalent to 39xxx ones. I have models in both ranges which seem like they should be in the other, based on features and detailing. Technically they are a wash, with the same basic mfx decoders and cheap can motors in both ranges.

It seems to be more of how they market them than any real differences in the models themselves in many cases.

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline dickinsonj  
#312 Posted : 19 September 2021 03:54:45(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
The 844 does indeed look nice, and the dynamic smoke is interesting.

But what do you pull with it? It is strictly a passenger loco and all Märklin has offered recently for UP are the five coaches they released with the 4014. I haul those with a Challenger but it still needs more coaches to make a credible train. Now another UP passenger loco with no additional coaches for it is sight?

I have bought more than on loco thinking that Märklin would have to eventually produce appropriate coaches for them and in most cases I am still waiting.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Goofy  
#313 Posted : 19 September 2021 11:32:10(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
The 844 does indeed look nice, and the dynamic smoke is interesting.

But what do you pull with it? It is strictly a passenger loco and all Märklin has offered recently for UP are the five coaches they released with the 4014. I haul those with a Challenger but it still needs more coaches to make a credible train. Now another UP passenger loco with no additional coaches for it is sight?

I have bought more than on loco thinking that Märklin would have to eventually produce appropriate coaches for them and in most cases I am still waiting.

The train models are big in the market in USA.
You live there.
So there is plenty of passenger cars that also can runs on the Märklin tracks?
Cool

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline marklinist5999  
#314 Posted : 19 September 2021 14:26:18(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I for one have more European trains than American. Mainly German and Swiss. I do have a nice set of Bachman PRR brunswick brown pullman coaches I could pull with it.
Thye are lit, but from the early 90's, so not l.e.d. like the newer ones are. They also still have the old horn hook couplers. The new ones have better ones like Kadee's.
It's a 4 car set boxed individually. A baggage/open seat, diner, open seat car, compartment coach, and observation coach. I have a brunswick green Mehano analog d.c. GG1 that pulls them, but I never run them. I was only offered $75 for it all, including a 1950's or 60's Penn Line H-9 steamer. That was from a dealer who buy's collectiions.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#315 Posted : 19 September 2021 14:47:02(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
The 844 [...]
But what do you pull with it? It is strictly a passenger loco...

Union Pacific states: “When diesels took over all of the passenger train duties, No. 844 was placed in freight service in Nebraska between 1957 and 1959.”

Source: https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/844/
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline kiwiAlan  
#316 Posted : 19 September 2021 23:26:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
That was from a dealer who buy's collectiions.

They are the worst people to sell to. One free guess how they expect to make their money.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#317 Posted : 20 September 2021 02:21:37(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I agree, but the owner didn't do my appraisal. He had previously bought an unopened Faller kit from me at only a 20% deficit below retail. I got duplicates for Christmas. He doesn't normally stock European models.
The employee who did the appraisal used her phone. Those Bachmann cars retail for at least $90 each. She knows I don't need to sell. I'd sooner will them to someone who'd appreciate them.
My mom left me her expensive doll house with oodles of bronze and wood furnishings. Four shoe boxes full. Some never opened. A friend wanted it for his boy's but insisted he pay me for it. I let him buy it for $25.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline dickinsonj  
#318 Posted : 27 September 2021 15:40:38(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

That is an interesting observation. It makes me wonder who actually made Märklin's Challenger models as well. When I got my Challenger I was intrigued by the finer detailing compared to my older Big Boy (37990). It has lighted number boards to the sides of the headlight, lighted front marker lights, functional rear marker lights and light on the tender top, cab windows which open and opening roof vent. I though that it was just a sign of model progress over the 20 years which separated the two models.

Then I bought a 37997 Big Boy expecting those details on it as well. But it is detailed exactly like the 37990 and lacks all of those features. Interestingly the 844 has all of those features, making it more like the Challengers than the Big Boys.

That makes me wonder if the Big Boys are made by Märklin and the challengers by someone else. It is also not current Märklin practice to release a model and then make it available the next month, rather than months or even years later. Has anyone received an ICE4 train yet?

Even though my Challenger and 37997 Big Boy were both sold in the US neither has a country of origin label on the packaging. Maybe the 844 and Challengers were made in China like some of my other high feature Märklin locos. I don't have a problem with that but it would be nice to know where an expensive new loco was made and who made it.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#319 Posted : 27 September 2021 16:15:41(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   

That is an interesting observation. It makes me wonder who actually made Märklin's Challenger models as well. When I got my Challenger I was intrigued by the finer detailing compared to my older Big Boy (37990). It has lighted number boards to the sides of the headlight, lighted front marker lights, functional rear marker lights and light on the tender top, cab windows which open and opening roof vent. I though that it was just a sign of model progress over the 20 years which separated the two models.

Then I bought a 37997 Big Boy expecting those details on it as well. But it is detailed exactly like the 37990 and lacks all of those features. Interestingly the 844 has all of those features, making it more like the Challengers than the Big Boys.

That makes me wonder if the Big Boys are made by Märklin and the challengers by someone else. It is also not current Märklin practice to release a model and then make it available the next month, rather than months or even years later. Has anyone received an ICE4 train yet?

Even though my Challenger and 37997 Big Boy were both sold in the US neither has a country of origin label on the packaging. Maybe the 844 and Challengers were made in China like some of my other high feature Märklin locos. I don't have a problem with that but it would be nice to know where an expensive new loco was made and who made it.

I think the challenger and 844 vs big boy is just a matter of progress and technology, being much newer toolings. In regards to my earlier post I don't think BL and marklin used a same supplier as Broadway Limited I believe has their own facility in korea, unless they are the supplier? Its just very strange timing
SBB Era 2-5
Offline dickinsonj  
#320 Posted : 27 September 2021 19:23:32(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I think the challenger and 844 vs big boy is just a matter of progress and technology, being much newer toolings. In regards to my earlier post I don't think BL and marklin used a same supplier as Broadway Limited I believe has their own facility in korea, unless they are the supplier? Its just very strange timing

I don't expect the castings to ever change on the Big Boys - sunk costs and all of that. But I don't see why they didn't at least use the better lighting from the Challenger and 844 models on the latest Big Boy. It certainly wasn't to allow them to keep the price low, because the Big Boy cost hundreds of dollars more than either the Challenger or 844.

There has been speculation that Märklin's Chinese made models are engineered and designed by the same Korean company that builds ESU's top line models. That would fit because those models are featured more like ESU models than the stingy features of the models which are produced in house by Märklin.
Regards,
Jim

Offline kiwiAlan  
#321 Posted : 27 September 2021 21:32:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
It is also not current Märklin practice to release a model and then make it available the next month, rather than months or even years later. Has anyone received an ICE4 train yet?

There has been some speculation that the 844 may be the 'Surprise Model' for this year. Historically, from the first S2/6 these have been built in China, through a Korean company (samsonga? search this forum for the thread about it) and have been announced a very short time before the models hit the shops. The speculation seems to be that Marklin had the models built and grabbed shipping while they could, which may mean the product arrived at the warehouse early, and so was announced in the Herbst NI instead of a separate announcement. This is all conjecture, but in view of the limited rate of production in Europe due to covid restrictions it makes a reasonable way to boost the brochure content.

The ICE4 production was announced to be some time in the future, Yes it is late on timetable, but again, the problems due to covid have really strained the production capabilities at marklin. I have only just (in the last month) received the 37148 Prussian T3 loco that was announced in the 2020 hew items - and that is a loco that is just a variation on an existing model. So I think that Marklin can be excused some delay on producing an entirely new model that consists of a considerable length train (by the time you include the extra coaches). So can one really blame marklin of they make available an item that is (possibly) sub-contracted out and is currently about to be delivered?
Offline dickinsonj  
#322 Posted : 28 September 2021 01:31:32(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

There has been some speculation that the 844 may be the 'Surprise Model' for this year.

I thought the same thing Alan. That would explain the quick release and It would definitely mean that it was made in China, which I do not object to. That was a cheap shot about the ICE4. I do very clearly understand the challenges of making things right now, from getting components to keeping workers and dealing with massive shipping delays, things are tough. I appreciate Märklin keeping production going and maintaining standards.

So can one really blame Märklin of they make available an item that is (possibly) sub-contracted out and is currently about to be delivered?

I do not blame them at all and I did not intend to imply that. I have bought many Chinese production Märklin locos and they are well made and have extremely fine detailing. The dynamic smoke in a steamer might be cool or it could be the next piezo vaporizer. On this one I just might take the chance. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

Offline jerdenberg  
#323 Posted : 28 September 2021 08:31:20(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
The 844 [...]

Union Pacific states: “When diesels took over all of the passenger train duties, No. 844 was placed in freight service in Nebraska between 1957 and 1959.”

My gripe, as stated before, is that the model reflects the modern, excursion, version. So strictly speaking it is passenger-only, but except for the missing mars light and possibly the white details on the wheels it does not look very different from the 1950s version.

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
Offline Goofy  
#324 Posted : 28 September 2021 14:08:08(UTC)
Goofy

Märklins new autumn models are weak and in fact i don´t like synchronized smoke puffing because the small details like fan motor are sensible and those details do often broke.
Let us see if 844 are better than ESU and Roco.
H0
Offline dickinsonj  
#325 Posted : 28 September 2021 14:43:27(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: jerdenberg Go to Quoted Post
So strictly speaking it is passenger-only, but except for the missing mars light and possibly the white details on the wheels it does not look very different from the 1950s version.

Jeroen

I was referring to what an 4-8-4 loco was built for - which was primarily passenger use. They were versatile though and they were used for freight by some railroads, so they were not strictly for passenger train use. Many US railroads put their 4-8-4s into freight service after US passenger service declined or used them for freight at night. I guess in a way that makes the 844 the all around UP loco from Märklin, capable of pulling either type of train.

I already have four UP locos which were primarily for freight, with the Challenger being the most often used for passenger service. I guess that makes the 844 a good addition for me, although I only have five UP passenger coaches for all those locos to fight over.
Regards,
Jim

Offline dickinsonj  
#326 Posted : 28 September 2021 14:46:22(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

That seems like a long shot to me, since Märklin often lags behind other makers in cutting edge features. Märklin will most likely buy the dnynamic smoke mechanism from a third party, so it will probably be the same as ESU and Roco use.

I think there is some risk in buying the 844 before any get to consumers but these special models are often sold out before any are shipped to customers, so you do have to gamble a bit.
Regards,
Jim

Offline kiwiAlan  
#327 Posted : 28 September 2021 16:11:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

That seems like a long shot to me, since Märklin often lags behind other makers in cutting edge features. Märklin will most likely buy the dnynamic smoke mechanism from a third party, so it will probably be the same as ESU and Roco use.

I think there is some risk in buying the 844 before any get to consumers but these special models are often sold out before any are shipped to customers, so you do have to gamble a bit.

I found Goofys post very confusing - he doesn't like synchronized smoke but lets see if this is better than ESU and Roco ... Confused Confused Confused

Offline kiwiAlan  
#328 Posted : 28 September 2021 16:14:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jerdenberg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
The 844 [...]

My gripe, as stated before, is that the model reflects the modern, excursion, version. So strictly speaking it is passenger-only, but except for the missing mars light and possibly the white details on the wheels it does not look very different from the 1950s version.

Jeroen

Well, I see that as fair enough, given that they have already done the excursion Big boy, so that will cause anyone that bought the BB and coaches to desire the 844. That has given Marklin the impetus to model the 800 series, and so one can surely reckon on a string of versions of them over the years. griping about it being the excursion loco seems a bit short sighted to me.

Offline Goofy  
#329 Posted : 29 September 2021 07:58:18(UTC)
Goofy

I found Goofys post very confusing - he doesn't like synchronized smoke but lets see if this is better than ESU and Roco ... Confused Confused Confused

Yes even ESU and Roco do have problems with the synchronized smoke gerenator and it is the small fan inside that is the problem.
It´s broke sometimes.
Brawa do also have a small fan in the diesel locomotive to simulate fan propeller to turn on.
This has become small problem to fix it.
Small details often broke and must change out often.
Specially smoke generator do broke too.
H0
Offline jerdenberg  
#330 Posted : 29 September 2021 08:28:13(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
griping about it being the excursion loco seems a bit short sighted to me.

I shouldn't have used that big word then; I am glad they finally did an 800 class (more than 20 years after the first Big Boy), and indeed I think too that there will be 1950s derivatives now that the tooling is available.

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
Offline vilithejou  
#331 Posted : 29 September 2021 19:22:08(UTC)
vilithejou

Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline foumaro  
#332 Posted : 29 September 2021 19:52:34(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I am in big trouble.Love
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#333 Posted : 29 September 2021 20:06:04(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Now then... what are the odds a passenger set will soon follow?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#334 Posted : 29 September 2021 20:22:47(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Doesn't look much different to my Class 10 loco.

Although it is green and at 599€ it isn't cheap!

d.png

https://streaming.maerkl...pekt_39027_LOW_DE_EN.pdf

Edited by user 30 September 2021 00:24:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kimballthurlow  
#335 Posted : 29 September 2021 21:42:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Delivery already available.
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kiwiAlan  
#336 Posted : 29 September 2021 23:29:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Well, the Br10 doesn't have all the pipes on the outside, but, yes, the similarity is there.

I guess having made this one they will then go on to produce various versions of Br18 314 with single tender and dual tenders as time progresses, rather like Roco has done.
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#337 Posted : 30 September 2021 00:33:29(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
In the email I received earlier today, the details were presented in a PDF that comes from the 5/21 issue of the Maerklin Magazin. Odd... considering I'm still waiting on issues 3 and 4 here on the left coast of the US
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline dickinsonj  
#338 Posted : 30 September 2021 01:21:52(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Now then... what are the odds a passenger set will soon follow?

I think the odds are poor but I would be happy for Märklin to prove me wrong. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

Offline dickinsonj  
#339 Posted : 30 September 2021 01:59:57(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Who thinks that the Class 02 steamer will sell out like the 241.A.65 did?

I can't tell if it has what it takes or not.

Opinions?
Regards,
Jim

Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#340 Posted : 30 September 2021 02:21:37(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

Does anyone know which quarter is the UP 844 scheduled for delivery, I have 3 on order with Modellbahn Lippe
Offline dickinsonj  
#341 Posted : 30 September 2021 03:30:59(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: I_love_Marklin_37538 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know which quarter is the UP 844 scheduled for delivery, I have 3 on order with Modellbahn Lippe

My dealer says October.

Only three? Don't you like them?
Regards,
Jim

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#342 Posted : 30 September 2021 03:57:21(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Alex buys 3 of everything.....
Offline H0  
#343 Posted : 30 September 2021 07:53:44(UTC)
H0

I guess having made this one they will then go on to produce various versions of Br18 314 with single tender and dual tenders as time progresses, rather like Roco has done.
I made the same mistake at first, but found now that GDR had two fast locos: 02 0201 and 02 0314.
02 0201 is the one that Roco made, it is the fast runner allowed to go at 180 km/h.
02 0314 is a slower one at only 150 km/h. I don't know if it ever had two tenders. Liliput made a model of the original 18 314 with less streamlining.

The 18 314 is far less iconic than the 18 201. Time will tell, but to me the latter appeals much more than the former.
As far as I found the loco received the number 02 0314 on June 1, 1970 and went out of service on December 31, 1971. The version offered by Märklin represents a very small time frame.

It would not surprise me if Märklin comes up with a set of Tillig coaches in due time.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline bph  
#344 Posted : 30 September 2021 12:44:03(UTC)
bph

Norway   
I made the same mistake at first, but found now that GDR had two fast locos: 02 0201 and 02 0314.
02 0201 is the one that Roco made, it is the fast runner allowed to go at 180 km/h.
02 0314 is a slower one at only 150 km/h. I don't know if it ever had two tenders. Liliput made a model of the original 18 314 with less streamlining.

The 18 314 is far less iconic than the 18 201. Time will tell, but to me the latter appeals much more than the former.
As far as I found the loco received the number 02 0314 on June 1, 1970 and went out of service on December 31, 1971. The version offered by Märklin represents a very small time frame.

I also assumed the same at first, but I find the 39027 interesting in its own way. (As a side note, the 18 316 reached 162km/h once, when testing pantographs)

Here is a photo of 18 314 and 18 201 together, from 1967.
https://eisenbahnstiftung.de/images/bildergalerie/16493.jpg
Foto: J. R. Broughton, from www.eisenbahnstiftung.de
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#345 Posted : 30 September 2021 12:59:05(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Well, the Br10 doesn't have all the pipes on the outside, but, yes, the similarity is there.

Hallo Dreileiter Aficionados,
what bugs me with Märklin and new “ Surprise “
DDR BR02 ( ex class 18 ) Locomotive is fact that model train manufactures copy each other with the same models over and over. Roco for instance released this particular variant From Railroad Research and Development Locomotive Management Department in Halle in different colors years ago.
So what’s a point MÄRKLIN- Really company as big as Märklin can’t come up with something really unique - locomotive nobody have done before.
Another issue is reissuing same Modells in same boring liveries over and over is just to much.
Any thoughts on this one?
Regards,
Märklineisenbahn

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline kiwiAlan  
#346 Posted : 30 September 2021 13:41:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Who thinks that the Class 02 steamer will sell out like the 241.A.65 did?

I can't tell if it has what it takes or not.

Opinions?

I would think it will sell out quite quickly.

The 'surprise locos' do seem to sell well.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#347 Posted : 30 September 2021 14:20:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
looks like Marklin may have loosened their grip on the usual 10% discount on RRP that retailers are allowed to offer.

Modellbahn-Kramm are showing the surprise loco at nearly 12.4% discount on their website.

Hunnerbein are offering only 10%.

Whoah, Lokshop show a 10% discount on their website - until I log in and get my personal price which is way down in the euro 400 range. Blink Blink Blink

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline H0  
#348 Posted : 30 September 2021 14:53:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Marklineisenbahn Go to Quoted Post
DDR BR02 ( ex class 18 ) Locomotive is fact that model train manufactures copy each other with the same models over and over. Roco for instance released this particular variant From Railroad Research and Development Locomotive Management Department in Halle in different colors years ago.
I think Roco never made it. Similar, but completely different prototype locos.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#349 Posted : 30 September 2021 15:50:54(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
I think Roco never made it. Similar, but completely different prototype locos.

Hi H0,
This is just sample
UserPostedImage
Model was released on several occasions in different liveries
My Bests,
Märklineisenbahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline H0  
#350 Posted : 30 September 2021 15:53:52(UTC)
H0

This is just sample
That's not.
See post #344. Roco made the loco on the right, Märklin announced the loco on the left. Spot the differences.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
bph