Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Armando  
#101 Posted : 04 December 2019 20:35:19(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Armando, please don't start that forum war again.....

If it has to have unsightly flaps to get around R1 curves, so be it. Marklin advise that the railcar is more suitable on R2 curves or above but you can use it on R1 if you take into account extra track clearance required.

My understanding is that based on what has transpired from the their Youtube video on this model, Märklin is finally going serious and deviating from their Jurassic constraints. The model will be designed at correct scale and without consideration to sharp curve radii. Quite in keeping with 21st century standards.
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Armando
Offline xxup  
#102 Posted : 04 December 2019 23:05:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
My great concern is clearing the smaller m-track lanterns.. I had to sell a beautiful ACME CIWL wagon because it was too long (proper 1:87 scale) and too low to clear the lanterns on the curved turnouts.. To date, everything has passed the test - sometimes passing over the turnout slightly.. (Donald duck - comes it mind here - but it has been a few years since either one was on the track.. )
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline dominator  
#103 Posted : 05 December 2019 08:36:52(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I have just got rid of all my lanterns on the 5117 points Adrian. My mod is a bit Heath Robinson at the moment but for now its ok. I can now run the 3125 and the 37580 without any problems now. i have also got rid of the manual points I had at the front and replaced them with solenoid operated ones. All my uncoplers also now work in conjunction with the points direction. IE one switch operates both points and uncoupler. An idea my father came up with 61 yeast ago.
Dereck
ps. Now the points work without the racket made by the lantern and work a wee bit more efficiently without the drag of the lantern.BigGrin
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dominator
Offline PJMärklin  
#104 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:44:57(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
(Donald duck - comes it mind here - but it has been a few years since either one was on the track.. )

Hi Adrian,BigGrin

I'd be happy to take Donald Love off your hands if that is a concernThumpUp

Best Wishes for Christmas,

Philip
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline xxup  
#105 Posted : 05 December 2019 13:55:14(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I really need the lanterns, because I have an automated layout.. Sometimes, the points don't switch and the lantern is the easiest way for me to keep an eye on the layout while it is running..

PJ - the Donald Duck is staying - Sneaky - I just used it as an example of a modern railcar set that clears m-track lanterns on R1.. Best Christmas wishes to you too..

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline hvc  
#106 Posted : 07 January 2020 13:06:19(UTC)
hvc

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AntoinePrt Go to Quoted Post

Haha I already have it. Since the first day she was released. But I was hoping for a new version with the oil tender and a new sound. Maybe another time Laugh

Cheers

Antoine

Haha, you will get into trouble like the guys from the club that took our Thomas the Tank Engine layout out to a show. For some reason they had two Harold the Helicopters on it, and the small kids were giving them a right telling off - "You can't have two Harolds!!!".

So you can't have two 4014 Big Boys, yah hear?

As some of you may have deduced, I am on annual leave from my job and so actually getting some time catching up here - sorry for being late replying...

I also bought the Märklin 4014 when it came out - and because it was a weathered model I pretty much assumed that they would later release a model of the restored 4014 once it was finished (and that if they did I would probably buy it :-).

My avatar picture is me standing next to 4014 rusting in Pomona, and last year I was lucky enough to see the restored 4014 thunder across Wyoming. If Märklin produce a model of the restored engine with "Big Boy" suitably scrawled across the front I'll buy one.

IMGP4883.jpg

So, yes, you can have two 4014s :-) And I often time travel on my layouts anyway.

- Herman
- Herman
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by hvc
Offline eckstein  
#107 Posted : 23 January 2020 21:49:20(UTC)
eckstein

Canada   
Since I grew up seeing the real thin in Amsterdam, it has a "soft spot" and yes I'll fork out the money and add to my collection of TEE and Northlander units.
What's the harm in supporting "Mother M"??
John M.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by eckstein
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#108 Posted : 10 February 2020 01:42:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I have removed some posts from this thread that were asking questions that had already been answered in the other thread about the new 39706 TEE RAm (https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...r-loco-RAm-TEE-train-set)