Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dgriman  
#151 Posted : 30 January 2013 15:58:23(UTC)
Dgriman

Greece   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
CS2 now update to 3.0.0

Hi Steven,
These are great news !!!
What new things, brings the 3.0 version ?

Thank you
Dmitris
My web directory for Model RailRoading (Greek and English Language)
http://trains.dgservices.gr
My Photo Album
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgriman/
My Video Channel
Trainsmodeler Video Channel
Thank you for visiting
Dimitris
Offline poulmh  
#152 Posted : 30 January 2013 16:00:17(UTC)
poulmh

Denmark   
Hey all

New at the forum.
Just upgraded to 3.0 cuccesfully and now waiting for the first lokomotive.

/Poul
#153 Posted : 30 January 2013 16:17:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#154 Posted : 30 January 2013 17:17:21(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
yes, welcome Paul BigGrin

Steven, why did you change the title of topic to version 3, not better to start a new fresh topic to discuss this each update RollEyes

"That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind"

What did we get a cab environment and bug fix S88 Crying
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Dgriman  
#155 Posted : 30 January 2013 18:08:09(UTC)
Dgriman

Greece   
Hi All,
I just update my CS2 to v. 3.00 BigGrin
There are updates also for ms2 , new language file v. 1.48, new loco database v. 012, new system v. 1.82.
My web directory for Model RailRoading (Greek and English Language)
http://trains.dgservices.gr
My Photo Album
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgriman/
My Video Channel
Trainsmodeler Video Channel
Thank you for visiting
Dimitris
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dgriman
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#156 Posted : 31 January 2013 19:36:26(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
I have update my 60214 to 3.0.0. It is a Software version for the Toy fair of this weekend in Nuremberg. The cabine control only works if you have a mfx+ locomotive. With older mfx and DCC or Motorola is still the same control as came in older versions.

But the speed meters for the two locomotives in the main screen are smaller than with older versions like 2.0.1 or 1.6.4.

Offline clapcott  
#157 Posted : 31 January 2013 20:38:46(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Something is not quite right (missing)
Aside from the beta stuff about 25 locos (BluevGray), Layout Locking and Language translations...

There are additional icons in the Layout library that look like they are for "refuelling stations" (Diesel, Coal, Water ...) yet these do not show up when editing the layout.

Sure, they may only be used with a mFX+ loco but I would have expected that the ability to build/define the layout wouldn't need the loco on the track
Its almost as if there is a need for a key to unlock the feature.

Peter
Offline Webmaster  
#158 Posted : 31 January 2013 20:59:29(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Hi Juhan,

Can you use an IPad and IPod similaneously connected to the CS2, so you can have say, the IPad with it's "Main Station" App running whilst controlling an individual Lok with the IPod ??

Yes, if you have set up the "CAN gateway" to x.x.x.255, you can use a mix of up to 253 "thingies" (pads, pods, phones & Android gadgets later this year) to listen to what the CS2 has to say & for the CS2 to listen to the 253 possible "thingies"... The .255 address is reserved for broadcasting CS2 Data, and the .0 address is the "network root address" - leaving 253 addresses (1-254) for the "thingies"...

Let's just say, it caters for a very large mrr club with individual remotes... BigGrin

Edit - actually max 252 devices since you want to have a router (for DHCP addresses) and need a CS2 connected - assuming you use 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask and have no other PC's or such connected to your home network.

Edited by user 01 February 2013 18:51:40(UTC)  | Reason: Some clarification

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline GSRR  
#159 Posted : 31 January 2013 22:40:00(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Could someone please post the changelog for 3.0.0?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#160 Posted : 01 February 2013 21:46:25(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Hello.

The Firmware 3.0.0 has a bug. When you use a DCC locomotive and you try to read the decoder configuration in the configuration screen for that locomotive, the speedometer changes to 10

Only with a DCC locomotive. With mfx locomotive it does not occurs

And speedometer is smaller than in the past.

See the photos.

The changelog is:

GUI version 3.xx (February 2013) Beta Test

Network
DHCP improved. DHCP allows subsequent
Automatic calculation of the broadcast address added for CAN gateway
Cab
Locomotive selection decreased from 30 to 25
Color of the locomotive selection of blue changed to gray, because this is not a configuration dialog
Function icons for extended locomotives
layout
Moving the layouts is now disabled in the Setup

GUI Version 3.0.0 (Toy Fair 2013)

Games World
Extensive enhancements to the game world with new locomotives decoders support. The majority of these extensions is only visible when a locomotive with games world-decoder (mfx +) is registered to the CS2
graphical cab for electric locomotives with fuel gauge sand
graphical cab for diesels with fuel gauge sand and Deisel
graphical cab for steam engines with fuel gauge sand, coal and water
additional feedback contacts the track diagram setting out the stations for the games world-operation (optional)
additional function icons with the game world sounds and features newly introduced in the locomotives
additional adjustments in the mfx-CV-range for equipment and consumables
S88 + computer
Error correction in the S88-polling (for version 2.2.0)

GUI version 2.2.0 (December 2012)

layout
Rotation of the track diagram DKW expanded from 2 to 4
Network
Fixed error in the gateway (disconnects after falling asleep the app)
RUBEN SPAIN attached the following image(s):
PICTURE01.png
PICTURE02.png
PICTURE03.png
PICTURE04.png
Offline Webmaster  
#161 Posted : 01 February 2013 22:01:23(UTC)
Webmaster

So it shows metric miles/hr instead with DCC loks... Have you reported it to Märklin, since it's clearly a bug?

Or do we hope they read this forum?
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline JohnjeanB  
#162 Posted : 01 February 2013 22:17:54(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: GSRR Go to Quoted Post
Could someone please post the changelog for 3.0.0?

r/Thomas

Hi Thomas
Below is the change log

In short, the version available to us (not the beta test version) and in English includes:
GUI Version 3.0.0 (Toy fair 2013)
• Playworld ("Spielewelt")
o Complete extensions for operation of the new locos with Playworld decoder (MFX+) The major part of these extensions will only be visible when an MFX+ loco is registered by the CS2
o Illustrated command control for Electric locos with the indication of remaining sand level
o Illustrated command control for Diesel locos with the indication of remaining sand and diesel levels
o Illustrated command control for Steam locos with the indication of remaining sand , coal and water levels
o additional signal contacts in Layout for determining the re-filling points for operation with Playworld (optional)
o additional functions icons for Playworld with new sounds and functions for the (MFX+) locos
o addtional adjustment possibilities with MFX CV for consummables and their consumption
• S88+Computer
o Error correction on S88 polling (on version 2.2.0)

Here is the more complete (still truncated) version in German (Sorry)

- Note that the first one (Version 3.x.x) is not available to "normal" users.

GUI Version 3.x.x (Februar 2013) Betatest
• Netzwerk
o DHCP verbessert. Nachträgliches DHCP ermöglicht
o Automatische Berechnung der Broadcastadresse hinzugefügt für CAN-Gateway
• Fahrpult
o Lokauswahl verkleinert von 30 auf 25
o Farbe der Lokauswahl von Blau auf Grau umgestellt, Da das keine Konfigurationsdialog ist
o Funktionsicons für Loks erweitert
• layout
o Verschieben des layouts ist jetzt im Setup abschaltbar

GUI Version 3.0.0 (Spielwarenmesse 2013)
• Spielewelt
o Umfangreiche Erweiterungen um die neuen Loks mit Spielewelt-Decoder zu unterstützen. Der größte Teil dieser Erweiterungen wird nur sichtbar, wenn eine Lok mit Spielewelt-Decoder (mfx+) an der CS2 angemeldet ist
o grafisches Fahrpult für Elektroloks mit Verbrauchsanzeige Sand
o grafisches Fahrpult für Dieselloks mit Verbrauchsanzeige Sand und Deisel
o grafisches Fahrpult für Dampfloks mit Verbrauchsanzeige Sand, Kohle und Wasser
o zusätzliche Rückmeldekontakte im Gleisbild zur Festlegung der Tankstellen für den Spielewelt-Betrieb (optional)
o zusätzliche Funktionsicons für mit der Spielewelt neu eingeführte Sounds und Funktionen in den Loks
o zusätzliche Einstellmöglichkeiten im mfx-CV-Bereich für Betriebsmittel und Verbrauch
• S88+Computer
o Fehlerkorrektur im S88-Polling (für Version 2.2.0)

GUI Version 2.2.0 (Dezember 2012)
• layout
o Rotation der DKW im Gleisbild erweitert von 2 auf 4
• Netzwerk
o Fehler im Gateway behoben (Verbindungsabbrüche nach dem Einschlafen der App)

Cheers

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Fredrik  
#163 Posted : 01 February 2013 22:23:16(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Something is not quite right (missing)
Aside from the beta stuff about 25 locos (BluevGray), Layout Locking and Language translations...

There are additional icons in the Layout library that look like they are for "refuelling stations" (Diesel, Coal, Water ...) yet these do not show up when editing the layout.

Sure, they may only be used with a mFX+ loco but I would have expected that the ability to build/define the layout wouldn't need the loco on the track
Its almost as if there is a need for a key to unlock the feature.

Those layout elements are available - select the S88-feedbackitem and when placed you will have the opportunity to select the refuelling station in the S88 configuration dialog if you want.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Fredrik
Offline clapcott  
#164 Posted : 01 February 2013 22:49:51(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Fredrik Go to Quoted Post
Those layout elements are available - select the S88-feedbackitem and when placed you will have the opportunity to select the refuelling station in the S88 configuration dialog if you want.

Thanks Fredrick

... one step forward....
(BTW Am I the only one who still gets non-English commentary)

? The next link in the chain is the (lack of) "help" for Display?(Anzeige)/Halt and Distance?(Abstand) - What do these actually mean?
? And the most obvious, how do you associate a train(mFX+ loco) using this method?

Peter
Offline GSRR  
#165 Posted : 01 February 2013 23:22:29(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Ruben and Jean,

Thank you both.

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#166 Posted : 02 February 2013 00:29:47(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
So it shows metric miles/hr instead with DCC loks... Have you reported it to Märklin, since it's clearly a bug?

Or do we hope they read this forum?

The bug is worst. I have been working with this problem this afternoon and I saw that when I read the DCC locomotives it also changes ACC delay and Vmin values. The value that it is show in ACC delay after a reading is really the CV2 (Vmin) value and the value that is show in Vmin is breaking delay (CV 4).

I did not report it to Marklin.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RUBEN SPAIN
Offline French_Fabrice  
#167 Posted : 02 February 2013 08:36:20(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Originally Posted by: RUBEN SPAIN Go to Quoted Post

The bug is worst. I have been working with this problem this afternoon and I saw that when I read the DCC locomotives it also changes ACC delay and Vmin values. The value that it is show in ACC delay after a reading is really the CV2 (Vmin) value and the value that is show in Vmin is breaking delay (CV 4).

Thank you for this info.

I think I'll stick with the 2.0.1 version, as I have many DCC loks.

...Seems the final testing of the software has been a little bypassed !

Cheers
Fabrice
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#168 Posted : 02 February 2013 11:38:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I did not report it to Marklin.

Best to if you want it fixed! There are no guarantees that they read this forum, let alone this thread.

Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#169 Posted : 02 February 2013 12:15:39(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Hello again. Here I upload some new pictures to demostrate what I said.

The reading of a DCC decoder changes the Acceleration delay and V min values in the CS2 (the decoder has still the same values because there is no write of parameters)

In these pictures you can see an image of values before reading, the CVs and values after reading.

Acc delay shows really the min delay value after reading

Min delay shows really the braking delay value after reading

The speedometer changes to 10 (and also you can see a small number 7 at the right hand of "-" icon)

The speedoometer in the main Control Screen are also smaller than with older software versions.

I did not try to make a write process because I am afraid It could not be good to my decoder. So I don´t Know If there are more bugs when you push the icon to write the parameters.

I don´t Know how to report this to Marklin. If someone Knows could use my photos to send to them.

Regards
RUBEN SPAIN attached the following image(s):
image01.png
image02.png
image03.png
image04.png
image5.png
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RUBEN SPAIN
Offline jeehring  
#170 Posted : 02 February 2013 12:37:40(UTC)
jeehring

... excuse me if I may be wrong, as a forum reader sitting far from you, I wonder how to be sure 1/ if you can't re-write...?? 2/ if you can't verify that it doesn't come from the decoder itself , for instance : writing or reading dcc values with another programmer...Confused Confused
What kind of dcc decoder are you using ? (Ipresume you cheched with another dcc decoder too)
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#171 Posted : 02 February 2013 13:13:23(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
... excuse me if I may be wrong, as a forum reader sitting far from you, I wonder how to be sure 1/ if you can't re-write...?? 2/ if you can't verify that it doesn't come from the decoder itself , for instance : writing or reading dcc values with another programmer...Confused Confused
What kind of dcc decoder are you using ? (Ipresume you cheched with another dcc decoder too)

Hello. I tried to do this ESU LP V3.0, ESU LPV4 and Uhlembrock 76320. With all decoders it is the same.

I am sure this is a bug because with firmware 2.0.1 and 2.2.0 it does not happens.

It happens only since I update to 3.0.0.

I think it's a bug in the program subroutine that reads the value of CVs 2 and 3 and the records in those boxes. I think the developer has made ​​a mistake and has erroneously associated CVs of those boxes.

But I am not sure if there are more bugs when you write the paremeters to a decoder and then the CS2 write values in the wrong CVs.

For example: You try to change the volume value CV63 of a loksound decoder and then, if there are a bug, the CS2 writes to CV49. IT IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE. I am not saying it happens. And I am not going to try this because I am not sure that It could be more bugs and if this could damage a decoder.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RUBEN SPAIN
Offline jeehring  
#172 Posted : 02 February 2013 15:14:02(UTC)
jeehring

...clear explanation, thank you very much ! ThumpUp
(I think it will be something easy to fix...)
It looks like some sort of.....collateral damage !Wink
as a perfect ignoramus in computer programming I just wonder why in DCC, why not in MFX ? (I thought that CV N° 1 to CV N° 6 were the same)
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#173 Posted : 02 February 2013 15:37:22(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
...clear explanation, thank you very much ! ThumpUp
(I think it will be something easy to fix...)
It looks like some sort of.....collateral damage !Wink
as a perfect ignoramus in computer programming I just wonder why in DCC, why not in MFX ? (I thought that CV N° 1 to CV N° 6 were the same)

I think there is quite different in the way a decoder is read in mfx and DCC. The protocol is different and I think that when a mfx decoder is read there is no CVs reading. It may be some different.

Maybe I am wrong but by this way I think the CVs 1 to 6 are similar if you work in motorola mode with a mfx decoder. Or It can be a different subrutine in the main program to read the different types of protocols.

By another way. I have read in other forums that the V1.82 software update for the MS2 that cames with 3.0.0 is only to give support to the MS2 for mfx+ decoders.

As there is no cab control in MS2. Could this mean that there is no 100% compatibility between mfx+ decoders and older controllers like MS1 and CS1 or Central Stations from other brands, like ESU?

Kind Regards.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#174 Posted : 03 February 2013 23:36:15(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   

As there is no cab control in MS2. Could this mean that there is no 100% compatibility between mfx+ decoders and older controllers like MS1 and CS1 or Central Stations from other brands, like ESU?

Kind Regards.

I think (assumption mode ON) that with older devices MS1 (for sure), CS1 (may be) the operation with consumables (Water, Sand, Coal, Diesel) is reduced or inhibited altogether:

How to select the operating mode with a MS1? (Half-profi, Profi, Expert) . It seems that a S88 contact is needed to refuel the engine: as new functions are now available on S88 contact configurator.
This is not possible with a MS1 and this is apparently done by one additional loco function (there is even a new icon for this: an old-style water fountainBigGrin )
Cheers
Jean
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#175 Posted : 04 February 2013 01:18:28(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
I have just sent a email to service@maerklin.de with the bug I mentioned yesterday.

Offline ulwen  
#176 Posted : 04 February 2013 20:52:36(UTC)
ulwen

I tried to update (over the net) to the new version.
Had 2.0 in my 60214 but all I get after several minutes of "updating..." is a dialog box saying "The last update was N O T successful".

The worst error message in computer history. How do I update or find whats wrong?

Regards
Ulf
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#177 Posted : 04 February 2013 20:56:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I got the same error when I first tried to update - the problem was a connection error (loose plug). Make sure your CS2 is active on the network (check link lights on the CS2 and your network switch that both are active), and try updating again.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#178 Posted : 04 February 2013 21:10:12(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: ulwen Go to Quoted Post
I tried to update (over the net) to the new version.
Had 2.0 in my 60214 but all I get after several minutes of "updating..." is a dialog box saying "The last update was N O T successful".

The worst error message in computer history. How do I update or find whats wrong?

Regards
Ulf

I think you should wait to the next update. As I said It has at least a bug with DCC decoders. I think Marklin wanted to run too fast to Toy Fair and the had not made a good test with this firmware before upload to their servers-
Offline ulwen  
#179 Posted : 04 February 2013 21:30:32(UTC)
ulwen

I found it. A bad Ethernet cable/connection.

Thanks Bigdaddynz, I the found faulty cable before I read your post.

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#180 Posted : 04 February 2013 21:35:06(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Are we surprised LOL

I heard that Andriod app would be available in late February ThumpUp
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#181 Posted : 04 February 2013 22:20:19(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
It is a good notice.

Then we can to use cheaper tablets than Ipad.
Offline jeehring  
#182 Posted : 04 February 2013 22:27:15(UTC)
jeehring

....yes, but it seems that only "Marklin mobile station" Apps will be available. I haven't seen any comment about "Marklin Main station" apps for androïd....
BTW are they 2 Marklin apps, or one ?.....
I'm not sure to understand....Confused
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#183 Posted : 08 February 2013 19:12:20(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Today is Friday February 8th. Five days since I sent the mail to Marklin to inform about the bug.

Still without response.

My congratulations to Marklin for the excellent customer service. Confused
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#184 Posted : 08 February 2013 21:07:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
....yes, but it seems that only "Marklin mobile station" Apps will be available. I haven't seen any comment about "Marklin Main station" apps for androïd....
BTW are they 2 Marklin apps, or one ?.....
I'm not sure to understand....Confused

I also wondered about that. Looking at the pictures that accompany the announcement of the Android app in the Neuheiten catalog makes me think it is similar to the Main Station app, if it isn't then mother Marklin is guilty of misleading advertising!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#185 Posted : 08 February 2013 21:09:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Still without response.

That's not unusual. I'd give them a couple of weeks. They probably need to talk to the software developers and get their comments, etc, etc. Be patient, they will respond eventually.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#186 Posted : 08 February 2013 21:16:16(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Yes, it is possible they need to call their software developers. But they also could respond something to me.

For example. "Thank you. Your e-mail has been received". Or something similar.

Offline Webmaster  
#187 Posted : 09 February 2013 21:40:28(UTC)
Webmaster

I myself am waiting for a Windows Phone 8 Mobile Station app since I got myself a Nokia Lumia 820 about 2 weeks ago...BigGrin

Would never get an iPhone (have iPod Touch:es & iPad to cater for the M apps, though...) and Android has never been a big hit with me personally for a number of reasons...
Offline James  
#188 Posted : 10 February 2013 02:51:04(UTC)
James

Canada   
Hello All:

I trust that everyone's New Year went wellBigGrin

Imagine my surprise when I went to the Marklin site and started to discover just what little goodies mother has introduced this year.

However...

I see that Marklin has intentions of introducing their newer improved decoders (Marklin mfx +) and, from all of the hype, it is to be hoped that they live up to their promises.

Now... please, would anyone be able to outline the hierarchy necessary to enable this "New Level" of the Model Railroading experience? That is... at least, from what I can determine, one not only has to own a CS2 (with upgrade) but they also need to own a newer equipped locomotive with mfx+ as well... I'm figuring that sensor areas (Contact track or Reed switch) will also be required in the service areas now?

Am I correct hereConfused

The updates are nice to have, but they would be a whole lot nicer if they didn't require an upgrade of the stables and/or layoutBigGrin

So... at this point, there is no plan to enable older mfx items (which will not communicate with the new upgrade because it isn't an mfx reloaded locomotive.

Forgive me here, but isn't this a veiled attempt to get you to either upgrade your present mfx locomotives, or replace your current mfx items with the mfx+ decoders. At this point, purchasing any new stock just became obsolete.

At this point due to cost, it will take me the rest of my life just to replace the older decoders Crying

Oh well, perhaps the new Z21 (not sure if the name is correct) will allow for my older mfx locs?

Best Regards to all on List
James B

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage
James Bannerman
Give me steam, and how you feel can make it real, real as anything you've seen. (Peter Gabriel)
Offline Danlake  
#189 Posted : 10 February 2013 03:39:05(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi James,

Mfx+ is just game simulation mode (where you can choose 4 different game levels). E.g. if you don’t operate the steam locomotive correctly, filling water on, adjusting steam pressure it will stop. If you forget to activate the dead man alarm on the diesl loc it will come to halt etc.

You don’t need to install senor tracks etc. The cab window is just virtual computer graphic.

Just another way of playing with your trainsCool

According to Robert from RFJ train who was at the toyfair he asked the question to Marklin regarding upgrading decoder to Mfx+ technology. Marklin says while there are no immediate plans, it just would make good sense to start offering these in the near future.

Apart from being able to communicate with the game mode on CS2 I am not sure if there is any physical improvement in the Mfx+ decoder (I think is just a protocol change).

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline H0  
#190 Posted : 10 February 2013 08:31:28(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post
Forgive me here, but isn't this a veiled attempt to get you to either upgrade your present mfx locomotives, or replace your current mfx items with the mfx+ decoders. At this point, purchasing any new stock just became obsolete.
They try to kill two birds with one stone IMHO: selling plain vanilla locos (many with downgraded motors) where mfx+ is the only improvement" and keep ESU and other loco manufacturers outside.
But it may also affect their sales of mfx and fx locos that do not support cab control.

The cab mode of Z21 works with any MM/DCC decoder - even Delta (mfx decoders in MM mode only).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#191 Posted : 10 February 2013 09:27:22(UTC)
Goofy

Today is Friday February 8th. Five days since I sent the mail to Marklin to inform about the bug.

Still without response.

My congratulations to Marklin for the excellent customer service. Confused

Relax!
You are not alone who has CS2.
There is thousands of Marklinist just in Germany and to send questions to Marklin staff personal makes sure weeks to fix the problems.
Just wait and you will see the results.
By the way...Marklin knows already faults in version 3.0.0 and must fix bugs.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline clapcott  
#192 Posted : 11 February 2013 06:33:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
... You don’t need to install sen(s)or tracks etc. ....

Please provide justification for this statement

Peter
Offline Danlake  
#193 Posted : 11 February 2013 08:22:02(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Peter,

I stand correctedBlushing

In specialist mode you new feed back modules to determine where you should fuel the loco.

But I guess one sensor track could be enough to determine the refuel point?

In the other 3 game modes any carpet layout would do.

Anyway that’s what I understood from Marklin’s own description of the system.

It would be interesting to see how the simulation actually works. I do have my hesitation as adjusting settings on the CS2 screen using a stylus pen is not really that accurate and smooth (compare to a keyboard, mouse or joystick). I still think it's great idea though, especially if it will teach a bit of e.g. how a real steam locomotive is driven (I have no ideas apart from the very basic)ThumpUp

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#194 Posted : 11 February 2013 08:24:33(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
... You don’t need to install sen(s)or tracks etc. ....

Please provide justification for this statement

Read pages 82 and 83 in the New Items catalog. You only need a 'fully wired layout' (Marklin's terminology, not mine) only if you're running the mfx+ loco in Specialist mode.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Drongo  
#195 Posted : 16 February 2013 01:38:16(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I've updated to 3.0.0 and it has been a disaster. Cursing Cursing Cursing

The touch screen will not work and I've had to plug a mouse into the USB port. This all happened immediately after the update. I tried to update again to see if the first update didn't complete correctly, but the touch screen is buggered. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know the solution?

I'm off to New Zealand tomorrow so I might not be able to reply for a couple of weeks. The FD won't let me visit Oldtoot in Christchurch - so close yet so far. Sorry Oldtoot. I'd really like to meet up with you.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#196 Posted : 16 February 2013 03:19:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sounds a bit like what happened to my CS2 not long after I got it. I'll see if I can find the thread describing the problem.

Don't forget Greg that it works both ways, your FD should not be allowed to visit any clothes or shoe shops!
Offline Drongo  
#197 Posted : 16 February 2013 03:32:32(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Don't forget Greg that it works both ways, your FD should not be allowed to visit any clothes or shoe shops!

Yeh, right. That's all I do - stand outside these shops the whole time. Cursing Cursing Cursing BTW do you know Oldtoots address - I might be able to sneak away.

Regards Greg
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#198 Posted : 16 February 2013 03:58:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Found the thread:- https://www.marklin-user...ostst16980_CS2-Woes.aspx

My CS2 somehow lost all touchscreen functionality, and mouse input. The fix was to connect a USB keyboard to the CS2 USB port and use it to navigate the menus to recalibrate the CS2's touchscreen.

You then reset the CS2 using the marklin.tgz file (a process you already know about).

https://www.marklin-user...w-to-reset-the-data.aspx
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#199 Posted : 16 February 2013 04:02:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: youngagain Go to Quoted Post
BTW do you know Oldtoots address - I might be able to sneak away.

Yep, the shop is in Papanui -

Papanui Shop
27 Main North Road
Christchurch

If Bryan is not there, his cell phone number is posted on the shop's front door. Give him a ring and he'll come down and open up. The shop is normally closed Sundays and Mondays.

www.toottoot.co.nz
Offline Drongo  
#200 Posted : 16 February 2013 04:19:23(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks Dave for the help. I'll have to wait until I come back from N Z

Regards
Greg