Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2010 07:25:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
As many of you know, I recently purcahsed the Marklin 29500 mega starter set, which includes, among other goodies,
a 60214 CS2.

After using the CS2 as a basic train controller, one of the features I was keen to explore was the ability to connect a CS1 to the CS2 as a remote controller, via the ethernet connection.

I connected the CS1 via the ethernet connection as per the instructions in the setup screen. I was able to control locos from the CS1, but not solenoids - all other screens were locked out. I don't know if that is normal or not.

I was also able to load the loco and solenoid definitions from the CS1 to the CS2.

After a while I noticed the touchscreen on the CS2 was no longer working. The mouse, loco control knobs and stop button were working, but over time they stopped working as well - I accidentally disabled the mouse cursor (bad move!), but the others seems to happen because of a fault.

The CS1 is partially working, I can adjust speed for locos, but nothing happens at the track output, i.e. the locos
do not move.

The CS2 boots up, but does not respond to the touchscreen, speed control knobs or the stop button. The only thing it responds to is pressing the loco select button, but after that nothing else will respond. The physical function keys for locos also do not respond.

This is after several shutdown and reboots of the CS2 - I now can't even access the Shutdown menu.

The CS2 is a 60214 at software version 1.3.0 (1).

As you can appreciate, I don't really want to have to sent them both 12000 miles back to the Lokshop, so if anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a backdoor way to reset both controllers, I'd appreciate your advice.

At the end of the day, I'm not trying to do something the units are not designed to do. This is a documented feature, and should work without anything breaking. If this is the state of Marklin's software testing, then they need a kick up the bum!

By my current experience, the CS2 is a piece of crap, buyers should stay well clear of it, especially if you already have a CS1/Ecos. Not only has it crapped itself, it has also crapped my CS1 for good measure.
Offline nevw  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2010 08:56:37(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
THey always sem to pick out the rejects to send to the Sounthern Countries.

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline Kodiak  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2010 09:54:09(UTC)
Kodiak

I've got one in the mail from Lokshop as well, I hope mine doesn't do this.

Did the problems only start after plugging the two units together? and does separating them help at all? perhaps downloading the update for the CS2 will force it into a system reboot, might help.
John and his M track, the only way to train. Now with added C track and bonus K track.
If your gona be a bear, be a grizzly!
You have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, what ever the hell you wanna do!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 13 September 2010 10:05:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Kodiak wrote:
Did the problems only start after plugging the two units together? and does separating them help at all?

(1)Yes and (2)No.

Kodiak wrote:
perhaps downloading the update for the CS2 will force it into a system reboot, might help.

The CS2 is already at the latest version (1.3.0 (1)), but that is something I was thinking of trying tonight - although as the touchscreen does not respond, it will be hard to select the Update option.
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2010 10:29:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
TRY doing it via the web browser.

Thay may get you around some tricky road bloackages.

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline pa-pauls  
#6 Posted : 13 September 2010 11:35:15(UTC)
pa-pauls

Sorry to hear that David...

Didn't you have a CS1 reloaded ?
If so maybe that has been the "problem" Blushing

As Nevw says, try to access it through the web browser.
At least the CS1 has been successfully restarted this way for many users,,,
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 13 September 2010 11:39:55(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Have you tried the hard reset option using the three or four buttons?? You lose all your locos, but you get back the CS2.. Glare
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 13 September 2010 11:50:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
pa-pauls wrote:
Didn't you have a CS1 reloaded ?

Not as yet Pål, it is still at v2.0.4
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 13 September 2010 11:52:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
xxup wrote:
Have you tried the hard reset option using the three or four buttons?? You lose all your locos, but you get back the CS2.. Glare

Nope, but that sounds promising. What buttons should be pressed? I'm not too worried about the loco configs.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 13 September 2010 11:54:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
nevw wrote:
TRY doing it via the web browser.

Thay may get you around some tricky road bloackages.

NN

That was the other option I was going to try. Hopefully, it should still have retained its IP address - I configured a static one.

Off home now, I'll try some of these options.
Offline frankie  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2010 15:06:15(UTC)
frankie

Try to access from the web browser and do a factory reset on the CS1, it worked for me, from what I understood when happened it was not able to load the loco database anymore and I suspected a corruption of it.
This will probably fix only the CS1, though...
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2010 15:40:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Frankie.

The CS2 does not run a web page, but tcp port 22 (SSH) is open. Does anyone know the default userid / password for a SSH login to a 60214?
Offline dntower85  
#13 Posted : 13 September 2010 16:40:23(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Darn, its been a long time since a CS2 has caused a major problem. I was hoping it would keep up its track record of being less problematic over the buggy CS1
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline steventrain  
#14 Posted : 13 September 2010 16:41:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Sorry to hear that, Dave.Sad

I never use CS2 to connect CS1.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 13 September 2010 18:51:55(UTC)
H0

I don't have a CS2, but I heard you can make an USB memory stick with a repair version:
Description here (German only):
http://www.maerklin.de/f...;sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You need a memory stick that contains only 2 files in the root directory: stick.sh and reparatur.sh (supplied as attachment in the link given above, directories may exist on the stick).

Instructions: Insert the stick, turn CS2 on, wait up to 5 minutes for completion of the program, then select "Shutdown" and remove the stick.

XXUP mentioned the three-finger-salute - you should try that first, of course.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline jeehring  
#16 Posted : 13 September 2010 18:53:51(UTC)
jeehring

...really sorry David.

You have critized Marklin's policy so much in the past that initially I thought you use a CS1 reloaded....but I'm wrong.

This kind of behaviour/issue is hard to understand at first sight : it may come from all elements involved in your installation, internet/intranet router or connection, CS1 as well, or CS2 itself or all together... including the human factor.
the day of the delivery at your office , may be someone did something for what CS2 is not planned......may be ?...
....because of the emotion we feel when implementing a brand new item we never are cautious enough. I oblige myself to go slowly, very slowly. Specially when I have the feeling to be sure of me and to understand how to handle a new item as I didn't get any "official" info from the manufacturer or the manual of instructions...
Excuse me if my post may not appear very constructive to you....I 'm sincerely sorry about your problem. It's probably one of my quirks because i'm interested in customers behaviour in general...( in my life I also was a small-machineries seller ...and I also had to manage the "just after-sales periods"...Wink )

Edited by user 14 September 2010 05:51:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jeehring  
#17 Posted : 13 September 2010 19:06:30(UTC)
jeehring

H0 wrote:
I don't have a CS2, but I heard you can make an USB memory stick with a repair version:

You need a memory stick that contains only 2 files in the root directory: stick.sh and reparatur.sh (supplied as attachment in the link given above, directories may exist on the stick).

Instructions: Insert the stick, turn CS2 on, wait up to 5 minutes for completion of the program, then select "Shutdown" and remove the stick.

Marklin doesn't pay too much attention to foreign langage spoken customers. As a French speaking customer that's my main reproach to them...A lot of informations are never translated in any language...
Offline GSRR  
#18 Posted : 13 September 2010 19:45:17(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
David,

Well that just sucks. I know you looked forward to receiving your 29500 mega starter set. Crazy that simply connecting an unmodified CS1 made everything go TU! Hopefully you can revive the patient.

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline frankie  
#19 Posted : 13 September 2010 19:45:20(UTC)
frankie

H0 wrote:

Another plus of CS1 Reloaded, the emergency boot is included with the upgrade. Sad
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#20 Posted : 14 September 2010 01:01:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
jeehring wrote:
I thought you use a CS1 reloaded....but I'm wrong.

You are not wrong Roland, in that I certainly had intended to get the CS1 Reloaded, but because of circumstances, I haven't been able to do that as yet. If I get the CS1 fixed/repaired I still intend to do that, but I wanted to see how well the CS1 operated with the CS2, before I did the upgrade.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#21 Posted : 14 September 2010 01:03:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
H0 wrote:

Thanks for your reply Tom. What is the key combination for the 3 finger salute - 2 red knobs + the Stop bar??
Offline nevw  
#22 Posted : 14 September 2010 03:03:02(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Not sure but maybe a Left and right FUnction Key and stop bar.

Or maybe 2 LH Function Keys.

Must be in the manual somewhere or someone here may know.

Nev
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 14 September 2010 03:53:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
GSRR wrote:
Hopefully you can revive the patient.

Thanks Thomas. It will be either that, or kicking the cr@p out of it (metaphorically speaking of course)!
Offline GSRR  
#24 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:14:42(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
GSRR wrote:
Hopefully you can revive the patient.

Thanks Thomas. It will be either that, or kicking the cr@p out of it (metaphorically speaking of course)!

I understand, I'm sure there are many that wish untold cruelties upon these contraptions. I took a gander at the somewhat thin English instructions and I see no task for a reboot or reset of any kind? Really poor on Marklin's part.

So what about the loks, do they run nicely?

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#25 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:43:13(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
They run not too bad, I guess I should post some piccies I took of them in the other thread.
Offline mmrcnzjohn  
#26 Posted : 14 September 2010 06:46:24(UTC)
mmrcnzjohn

New Zealand   
swap my perfectly good 6021 for your defective CS2?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#27 Posted : 14 September 2010 06:58:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hey, I already got a perfectly working 6021!
Offline Darren W  
#28 Posted : 14 September 2010 07:02:14(UTC)
Darren W

Canada   
Rotten luck David. Sad

When you do get it figured out and I'm sure with enough determination you will maybe there could be a sticky thread with reset and factory restore methods. This could also be for other controllers.

Good luck

Darren

Offline mvd71  
#29 Posted : 14 September 2010 10:38:28(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi David,

Sorry to hear its not going well for you. I'm sure Clapcott has used units like this, did he have any ideas?

Cheers....

Mike.
Offline supermoee  
#30 Posted : 14 September 2010 12:55:44(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello Bigdaddy,

how you connected both central stations? Through a switch/router or directly together?

My CS1 works perfectly with my CS2. I linked them together with a crossover Ethernet cable.

rgds

Stephan
Offline Ranjit  
#31 Posted : 14 September 2010 13:06:29(UTC)
Ranjit

Just a few minutes ago, I had wished you "years of enjoyment" with your new purchase, David. Now, what shit is this from Maerklin? Maybe, Ian was right when he said, "You'll have hours of enjoyment with it".

I hope that there is a quick fix for this problem, and all your locomotive settings are fully restored.

Cheers,
Ranjit
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#32 Posted : 14 September 2010 14:03:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
supermoee wrote:
Hello Bigdaddy,

how you connected both central stations? Through a switch/router or directly together?

My CS1 works perfectly with my CS2. I linked them together with a crossover Ethernet cable.

rgds

Stephan

Stephan, I just used a normal straight through ethernet cable. The CS2 has a gigabit ethernet connector, which will autosense crossover or straight through.

The CS2 read all the turnouts and locos from the CS1, but not long after that started to go haywire.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#33 Posted : 15 September 2010 03:53:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well, I tried the recovery procedure as mentioned in Tom's post - the two .sh files are Linux shell script files by the look of them, you can open them in a text editor.

At any rate, the CS2 just booted up into it's (ab)normal state, although the flash drive light did flicker for a while.

Not sure if I'm meant to set the CS2 to boot off a USB flash drive, but if so I can't because the touchscreen is not working.

Looks like it is back to the Lokshop with it, and also the CS1, which also has no touchscreen input. The CS1 originally came from the Lokshop, although at 5 years old, will be out of warranty. I'll send an email to Roland Baer tonight.

At least I've got my trusty 6021, and a MS1 and MS2 to play with meantime.
Offline GSRR  
#34 Posted : 15 September 2010 04:18:20(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
Well, I tried the recovery procedure as mentioned in Tom's post - the two .sh files are Linux shell script files by the look of them, you can open them in a text editor.

At any rate, the CS2 just booted up into it's (ab)normal state, although the flash drive light did flicker for a while.

Not sure if I'm meant to set the CS2 to boot off a USB flash drive, but if so I can't because the touchscreen is not working.

Looks like it is back to the Lokshop with it, and also the CS1, which also has no touchscreen input. The CS1 originally came from the Lokshop, although at 5 years old, will be out of warranty. I'll send an email to Roland Baer tonight.

At least I've got my trusty 6021, and a MS1 and MS2 to play with meantime.

What a shame David. As you say at least you have alternatives for now. Looking at this thread, is it possible to connect either the CS1 or CS2 to a PC and use that screen?

https://www.marklin-user...aspx?g=posts&t=16672

r/Thomas

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#35 Posted : 15 September 2010 04:23:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Unfortunately not Thomas. The CS2 does not have a web page to manage it from, and the CS1 has been reset, so no longer has a static TCPIP address, and it is not picking up an address from a DHCP server.

And, because neither are responding to touchscreen input, nothing else can be done with them.

BTW, my workmate has been busy translating your Trix conversion pdf document. He's having one or two problems with some of the technical terms, and the fact that the language used is very formal, much different to how Germans normally speak.
Offline GSRR  
#36 Posted : 15 September 2010 04:59:04(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
Unfortunately not Thomas. The CS2 does not have a web page to manage it from, and the CS1 has been reset, so no longer has a static TCPIP address, and it is not picking up an address from a DHCP server.

And, because neither are responding to touchscreen input, nothing else can be done with them.

BTW, my workmate has been busy translating your Trix conversion pdf document. He's having one or two problems with some of the technical terms, and the fact that the language used is very formal, much different to how Germans normally speak.

I'm not in the tech biz so forgive my basic question. When M* receives this do the simply flash the onboard memory and reinstall the software for each CS? If so what a major PITA for everyone. I can't imagine having to send my laptop back to Asia for a fix.

Well certainly nice of him to give it a try, but he can get to the point where you can understand the theme no?

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#37 Posted : 15 September 2010 05:38:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thomas, it will depend on whether the problems are hardware or software related. If the touchscreens are faulty, then they will need fixing. Otherwise a software reload may be required. The CS1 seems OK software wise, so it may be a case of the screen failing.

As far as the translation goes, that will be the objective.
Offline GSRR  
#38 Posted : 15 September 2010 06:17:20(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
Thomas, it will depend on whether the problems are hardware or software related. If the touchscreens are faulty, then they will need fixing. Otherwise a software reload may be required. The CS1 seems OK software wise, so it may be a case of the screen failing.

As far as the translation goes, that will be the objective.

Ok so then it's a possibility that the controller between the motherboard and the touchscreen failed, roughly?

Offline applor  
#39 Posted : 15 September 2010 06:28:41(UTC)
applor

Australia   
It seems too much of a coincidence that both CS1 and CS2 touschreens both failed at the same time as the units crashed.
Sounds like a software issue to me.
Really sucks:(
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline drwhitl  
#40 Posted : 17 September 2010 01:45:58(UTC)
drwhitl

applor wrote:
It seems too much of a coincidence that both CS1 and CS2 touschreens both failed at the same time as the units crashed.

Is the touch screen completely dead?? There's a calibration routine for it that you might be able to get at if you plug a mouse into the USB port

cheers
Offline GSRR  
#41 Posted : 17 September 2010 01:55:42(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
xxup wrote:

Was there ever a definitive answer on the correct procedure for this?

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#42 Posted : 17 September 2010 02:09:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
drwhitl wrote:
applor wrote:

Is the touch screen completely dead?? There's a calibration routine for it that you might be able to get at if you plug a mouse into the USB port

cheers

More or less. The mouse is deactivated, and the screen is pretty much unresponsive. If I press the Keyboard tab, I get the Setup screens - that indicates how much out of whack the calibration seems to be. I can't navigate any menus beyond that. I sent an email to Dr Tom Catherall regarding a reset procedure, here is his reply:

"There is no process other than the recalibration mentioned in the newsletter (Dr Tom refers to the current edition of his Digital Newsletter). You might also try to get to the setup menu and do a restore data from internal memory and look for "reset marklin.tgz""
Offline GSRR  
#43 Posted : 17 September 2010 02:13:03(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
drwhitl wrote:
applor wrote:

cheers

More or less. The mouse is deactivated, and the screen is pretty much unresponsive. If I press the Keyboard tab, I get the Setup screens - that indicates how much out of whack the calibration seems to be. I can't navigate any menus beyond that. I sent an email to Dr Tom Catherall regarding a reset procedure, here is his reply:

"There is no process other than the recalibration mentioned in the newsletter (Dr Tom refers to the current edition of his Digital Newsletter). You might also try to get to the setup menu and do a restore data from internal memory and look for "reset marklin.tgz""

David,

Does he understand that the screen is blank? How are you supposed to see the CS2 setup menu?

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#44 Posted : 17 September 2010 03:35:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thomas, see my comment in my above post, I did tell Dr Tom that when I press on the Keyboard tab, the Setup menu appears. There might be enough screen functionality to get to that menu, but I have my doubts.

The F2/F7 reset that ESU use for the 50200 Ecos does not work with the CS1.
Offline GSRR  
#45 Posted : 17 September 2010 03:59:08(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
Thomas, see my comment in my above post, I did tell Dr Tom that when I press on the Keyboard tab, the Setup menu appears. There might be enough screen functionality to get to that menu, but I have my doubts.

Yup I missed that, thanks. Shame the eCos reset does not work.

Offline drwhitl  
#46 Posted : 17 September 2010 04:40:21(UTC)
drwhitl

Bigdaddynz wrote:

So how far apart on the screen are the "keyboard" and "set up" tabs? You know that when you press "keyboard" you get "set up" so presuming the displacement on the screen is constant all over the screen it should be possible to get to where you want to get by pressing a spot (say for example) 1cm from the left of where you want to be. What I'm trying to get at here is a way that you can get the mouse pointer enabled so you can navigate around successfully to get at the touch screen re-calibrate routine.

Another thought - I don't suppose your problem could be caused by the fact that you've got your CS sitting next to some big interfering magnetic or electrical field (a transformer or something)???

cheers
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#47 Posted : 17 September 2010 05:29:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I did think of that Dennis, but the gap seems to be too big - the keyboard tab is at the extreme left, the setup tab is 2nd from the right.

Edit: However, using Dennis' suggestion did help with obtaining the final fix.

I have been using the CS2 in the lounge, there are one or two Marklin transformers there. I also have a pair of Martin Logan electrostatic loudspeakers in the lounge, and they were powered on on Sunday......hmmm there's a thought. The CS2 was about 2 metres away from the nearest speaker, I wouldn't have thought the ML's would produce that large a magnetic field, but there has to be some reason for both CS's to go nuts at the same time.

Edited by user 17 September 2010 15:59:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#48 Posted : 17 September 2010 09:54:35(UTC)
H0

CS2 is not my area of expertise, but ...

... you can connect a PC keyboard via USB.
If the screen is discalibrated, you would normally use a mouse to get to the recalibration screen (which is not possible here).
I don't know if you can operate the menues with a keyboard or if that can be used to enter loco names only.
If you can't open the correct menu from the screen, you might be able to get there using CURSOR LEFT or CURSOR RIGHT on a keyboard.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#49 Posted : 17 September 2010 15:31:48(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Good news. Trains are now running again in the Bigdaddynz house, due in no small part to the Tom's - Dr Tom Catherall and H0 Tom.

As per H0 Tom's suggestion, I connected a USB keyboard to the CS2. That and the limited touchscreen functionality meant I was able to recalibrate the screen (which also re-enabled the mouse), and then use the reset marklin.tgz process Dr Tom mentioned. So, the CS2 is back to normal operation. That leaves the 60212 CS1.
Offline RayF  
#50 Posted : 17 September 2010 15:36:36(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
Good news. Trains are now running again in the Bigdaddynz house, due in no small part to the Tom's - Dr Tom Catherall and H0 Tom.

As per H0 Tom's suggestion, I connected a USB keyboard to the CS2. That and the limited touchscreen functionality meant I was able to recalibrate the screen (which also re-enabled the mouse), and then use the reset marklin.tgz process Dr Tom mentioned. So, the CS2 is back to normal operation. That leaves the 60212 CS1.

I'm really pleased for you David!

I'm sure you'll get the CS1 working again soon as well.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.