Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2011 07:25:05(UTC)
nevw

Australia   

Troops and digital experts,
I have a problem and I think what I want to do is maybe not possible.

Problem.

I am going to have a shuttle train but wanted to run 2 shuttles, so put in a passing loop on the shuttle line, installed some isolating tracks and S88 box.
For testing I used one train only and 2 S88 ports.

When setting up for the second train, eg more contact tracks and Ports 3 & 4.

Now without trying, in my mind it will not work as train no 2 when starting from Station 2 will trigger S88 Port 2 stopping Train one where ever it is and reverse it.
Same Train one starting from Station 1 will trigger Port 4 stopping train 2 and reversing it.

Is there a solution to allow the 2 trains to go the full distance from station 1 to station 2
Or is the only solution is to have a station at the mid point.
Thanks Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline supermoee  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2011 09:36:50(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello Nev,

you need to add a relais which is switching the S88 contacts dependig on which train is in the station at the moment.

So you will have 2 separated shuttle lines with different S88 numbers on the same track.

to be clear, the S88 contact is n° 4 when train two is in the station and n° 5 when train one is in the station.

You can foresee for example, that train one has a magnet and comanding a reed contact. when he enters into the station, he will switch the relais on his contact numbers. when coming out from the station, he is switching the contact for train two through a normal pick up shoe contact.

there are a lot of possibilities.

rgds

Stephan
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 19 May 2011 09:45:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am not very familiar with the S88 and circuits required for automatic operation. My knowledge is more related to prototypical operations in this regard.

That being said, there are several ways to operate two shuttle trains on the same route. You could build a passing lane (or intermediate station) where the trains would meet. This would be similar to a traditional funicular and can be found on many local and regional routes in normal train operation. It would not be necessary for both trains to stop. You could designate one as local (with stop) and the second as a through train that would continue straight through.

Another option would be to equip the end stations with dual tracks. This way, you could program your operation so that the train on track X would depart once the train on track Y had entered the station. The same sequence would occur on tracks A and B in the other station. This would mean that only one of the two trains would be in motion at any point in time.

Regards

Mike C
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 19 May 2011 10:37:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
You could make it dead easy and just run two separate tracks. Might not be what you want but one of the tracks can then branch off for bit to another station etc. Makes life simple.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline frankie  
#5 Posted : 19 May 2011 12:37:13(UTC)
frankie

I had a similar need while using LocCommander, not shuttle trains, but using the same contact for various purposes.
In that case I have used the train speed as a condition for the contact to be activated or not or to excute different tasks.
Then you can use different speeds for different shuttles and execute different routes depending the condition set.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline dntower85  
#6 Posted : 19 May 2011 19:19:28(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Nev,

You could try using magnetic Read contacts,

mount one read on each side of the track at the stopping point

On shuttle train 1, mount the magnet on the left side of the train

On shuttle 2, mount on the right.

Now the trains are programed to their own feed back circuits.

Now the ECos and other programs will thank that they are on two separate tracks.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline dntower85  
#7 Posted : 19 May 2011 20:20:35(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Running by computer

You could have a block at either end at the stations

Then have a one block for each passing track
4 sensors still required.

For give the crude text drawing.

fb = s88 feed back sensors.

........................................... block P1.....................................
..........................//========fb4===========\\.................
=fb1=================fb3=====================fb2=
Station....................................block P2.................................Station
..A...........................................................................................B...
DT
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Nielsenr  
#8 Posted : 19 May 2011 20:39:40(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
It would be great to have a section here on the forum that would list details on these types of circuits and operating modes. Detailed wiring diagrams could be added. Both computer controlled and CS controlled circuits could be added. I am sure what some people have done could spawn new ideas from others. As an example, I have been playing around with a concept of having a two track layout split into four tracks at a station with trains alternating stopping at the station. But if a freight train comes to the station, it would bypass the station to a fifth track. Any other trains approaching or in the station would have to wait until the freight passes. Although I normally use contact tracks, the freights would be recognized by reed contacts. Still an idea in development, I haven't tried anything yet. Maybe if the Wiki would be a good place to put it if the Wiki gets off the ground. Just a thought ...

Robert
Offline dntower85  
#9 Posted : 19 May 2011 20:48:32(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post
It would be great to have a section here on the forum that would list details on these types of circuits and operating modes. Detailed wiring diagrams could be added. Both computer controlled and CS controlled circuits could be added. I am sure what some people have done could spawn new ideas from others. As an example, I have been playing around with a concept of having a two track layout split into four tracks at a station with trains alternating stopping at the station. But if a freight train comes to the station, it would bypass the station to a fifth track. Any other trains approaching or in the station would have to wait until the freight passes. Although I normally use contact tracks, the freights would be recognized by reed contacts. Still an idea in development, I haven't tried anything yet. Maybe if the Wiki would be a good place to put it if the Wiki gets off the ground. Just a thought ...

Robert

Robert

RocRail allows you to define blocks with permission you could set it up so that the fifth block would allow freight and the others would deny it.

I have only been working with Rocrail for a few weeks now but after fighting with it for a few weeks I now like it.
DT
Offline kbvrod  
#10 Posted : 19 May 2011 21:37:35(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
Nev,sorry but what type of train are you shuttling?Smile

Dr D0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 19 May 2011 23:21:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Nevie, did Peter's software not work for you?
Offline nevw  
#12 Posted : 21 May 2011 11:11:05(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
OOOOOooooohhhhhh a very serious Seniors moment . It was so long ago I forgot.

Found it today now to work out how to use it.

Help Peter??????

Peter. will it work with S88 Contacts?????

NN

Edited by user 22 May 2011 01:14:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around