Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<78910>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#401 Posted : 20 October 2021 23:43:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: AntoinePrt Go to Quoted Post
I love to be taken for an idiot LOL Laugh

I'd never do that! BigGrin

Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post
I thought we were all on the same page here.
Are we not all tuned into the Märklin-users group . Confused Confused Confused

And therein is the problem.

There are so many Marklin related Facebook groups, I wasn't sure which one we were meant to be looking at.....
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#402 Posted : 21 October 2021 01:30:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
This is the first time for such a huge locomotive without wooden packing. All the previous Big Boys and Challengers were in wooden boxes.

I predict that it will be fine in smaller packaging. It works for me because I already have a lot of large Märklin packages, which take up way too much storage space.

I find the boxes and the wooden bases used for the Big Boy and Challenger irritating when getting them into and out of the packaging, but they certainly are secure! The UP 844 is probably not a lot heavier than my Alco PA pair and they seem happy with the lighter weight packaging. BigGrin

I have my 844 on order but here in the US it could come next month or next year, my dealer does not even hazard a guess.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline foumaro  
#403 Posted : 21 October 2021 04:45:48(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
This is the first time for such a huge locomotive without wooden packing. All the previous Big Boys and Challengers were in wooden boxes.

I predict that it will be fine in smaller packaging. It works for me because I already have a lot of large Märklin packages, which take up way too much storage space.

I find the boxes and the wooden bases used for the Big Boy and Challenger irritating when getting them into and out of the packaging, but they certainly are secure! The UP 844 is probably not a lot heavier than my Alco PA pair and they seem happy with the lighter weight packaging. BigGrin

I have my 844 on order but here in the US it could come next month or next year, my dealer does not even hazard a guess.

It is complicated indeed to screw the locomotives on the wooden mounting but this way of transporting is safer for them.I will let you know about my impressions when i receive the locomotive,regards,Panayotis.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline dickinsonj  
#404 Posted : 22 October 2021 03:13:43(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I will let you know about my impressions when i receive the locomotive,regards,Panayotis.

Thanks Panayotis, that would be great.

I know that it will be an impressive loco and I am particularly interested in the dynamic smoke, which should add a nice touch of realism to a steam locomotive.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline AntoinePrt  
#405 Posted : 22 October 2021 03:53:55(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Dear all,

While waiting for a video on YouTube, for a quick dynamic smoke rendering of the UP 844, you can go and have a look here:
https://fb.watch/8NQLC8BLEm/

https://www.facebook.com...ts/1835365413331999/?d=n

Many pictures can be found on Facebook or Instagram. Just need to use the good keywords (poke Bigdaddynz Love Flapper LOL)

Cheers

A.

PS : mine is expected to arrive next week, maybe earlier (in France)
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline Mman  
#406 Posted : 22 October 2021 07:24:21(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: IanC Go to Quoted Post
There is a trend for manufacturers to make announcements early in an attempt to signal their intentions and get in first and fend off their rivals from producing the same new items and beating them to the shops.

IanC

I can understand that for their H0 range but with Z they have next to no competition for European outline trains and that’s the way things also happen.

Looking back to my youth (through my rose coloured glasses), by the time things were advertised in the Meccano Magazine or similar they were already in the shops. Not only that, they stayed available whilst money was saved, birthdays and Christmas came around or minds were made up.

I begin to wonder if M deliberately cultivate a vague supply chain to encourage almost panic buying to ensure the whole run is quickly sold.
If so, its working with me!
ChrisG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mman
Offline rmsailor  
#407 Posted : 22 October 2021 10:12:34(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Mman Go to Quoted Post
There is a trend for manufacturers to make announcements early in an attempt to signal their intentions and get in first and fend off their rivals from producing the same new items and beating them to the shops.

IanC

I can understand that for their H0 range but with Z they have next to no competition for European outline trains and that’s the way things also happen.

Looking back to my youth (through my rose coloured glasses), by the time things were advertised in the Meccano Magazine or similar they were already in the shops. Not only that, they stayed available whilst money was saved, birthdays and Christmas came around or minds were made up.

I begin to wonder if M deliberately cultivate a vague supply chain to encourage almost panic buying to ensure the whole run is quickly sold.
ChrisG

In your youth, items would stay in the catalogue for an indefinite time and if numbers in stock fell a few more would be sent down the line. Range size was of course much smaller. These days everything is batch production with manufacturing slots being allocated months and possibly years ahead.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline marklinist5999  
#408 Posted : 22 October 2021 14:24:28(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Item 43815 is an MHI, and says sold out at factory. I hope I can find one. I don't know weather to place an order with my dealer or not. I suppose I can e-mail them and ask if they've ordered any.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#409 Posted : 22 October 2021 15:19:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

IanC

ChrisG

Hornby and Bachmann are just as bad as Marklin these days.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline AntoinePrt  
#410 Posted : 22 October 2021 15:45:52(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
For everyone:

A.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline marklinist5999  
#411 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:38:41(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I didn't see steam out the cylinders though.
Offline AntoinePrt  
#412 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:41:15(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
I didn't see steam out the cylinders though.

And I do not see why you would expect to have some. It has never been announced by Märklin that smoke would come out from the cylinders.
From what I am aware, only two brands have done it in H0 scale: Roco with the BR10 and REE Modèles with their 231 and 141.

A.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline marklinist5999  
#413 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:44:23(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Sorry, I thought this models has dynamic synchronized steam.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#414 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:46:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
For everyone:

A.

Nice. The 'synchronised smoke' is sort of synchronised, but to me the description is a bit of advertising smoke and mirrors unfortunately. i would want to see it puff more rather than just a fan blowing it clear of the body. Clearly they are pulsing the fan to some degree, but I don't think it is enough to really call it 'synchronised'.

Still a nice loco though.
Offline AntoinePrt  
#415 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:46:48(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   

It has a dynamic smoke generator!!
But the smoke comes out from the chimney Cool Dynamic smoke doesn’t always imply that the smoke is released also through the cylinders.

A.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#416 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:49:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

But the smoke comes out from the chimney Cool Dynamic smoke doesn’t always imply that the smoke is released also through the cylinders.

A.

well, to be fair, you never get smoke out of the cylinders, you get steam. ... Cool

Offline AntoinePrt  
#417 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:51:30(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

A.

well, to be fair, you never get smoke out of the cylinders, you get steam. ... Cool

And to be fair, we are talking here about a smoke generator, not a steam generator Cool Flapper
But if you manage to get steam out from a smoke generator (with the Seuthe liquid), you’re my man!

A.
Offline marklinist5999  
#418 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:53:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thye are one in the same on models which do it.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#419 Posted : 22 October 2021 23:39:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Yes it does imply smoke is released through the cylinders. Otherwise, what would be the point, you would just end up with a loco with a normal smoke generator.

The term 'Dynamic Smoke' as far as I know was first used by KM1 when they introduced Gauge 1 locos blowing smoke out of the cylinders probably some time in the early 2000's.

Marklin have picked up on it in several recent Gauge 1 locos and seem to be trickling the technology down to H0 locos. Roco have also had a few H0 locos with dynamic smoke.

Marklin don't say much about the feature in either the 39027 or 37984 manuals, but note they recommend you use the 02421 smoke fluid and not 02420 standard Seuthe smoke fluid.

This is because 02421 is a lightweight fluid designed for use with the fans used in the dynamic smoke feature.

KM1 advise that certain dynamic smoke components need to be changed on a regular basis - fan motors, heating elements and wig material. I've had to change these in my KM1 BR01 at least once, hopefully Marklin don't expect you to do it with their dynamic smoking locos.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline xxup  
#420 Posted : 23 October 2021 00:33:10(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
... hopefully Marklin don't expect you to do it with their dynamic smoking locos.

I doubt that will be a problem, as it is highly likely that the parts will be "No longer available" when you need them.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline dickinsonj  
#421 Posted : 23 October 2021 01:22:56(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
The cylinder steam is from the cylinder cocks, which are only open when starting, to expel condensation. Many newer sound profiles have a few "cylinder cocks open" power strokes when they first start, which is the only time any visible steam should come out of the cylinders anyway. I have seen models that do that, particularly in larger gauges but to me it is a gimmick and adds unnecessary complexity and failure points.

In this context dynamic smoke refers to the synchronization of the smoke puffs with the cylinder movements and sounds. The constant lazy drift of smoke from conventional smoke units is weak IMO, but the synchronized puffs add another layer of realism. We all have our fantasy areas in this MRR obsession after all. ThumpUp

I have a five year old ESU diesel loco with dynamic smoke and it has a nice engine speed dependent amount of smoke production. but for me it adds a lot more realism in a steam loco.

Thank you Antoine for the posts. Now I will anticipate my new 844 even more!
Regards,
Jim

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#422 Posted : 23 October 2021 03:42:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Video of KM1 BR01 180 taken not long after I got it in 2014, demonstrating dynamic smoke.

And one of a friend's BR78 (T18) Gauge 1 loco.

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Mman  
#423 Posted : 23 October 2021 08:42:12(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Much as I disliked Triang 00 Railways (who bought the name ‘Hornby’ and applied it to their product) decades ago I had to admire that they had ‘synchrosmoke’ models in their range. I even have one somewhere in the attic. It was very simple, a mechanical pump with a heating element was driven from the loco’s motor which puffed the smoke out of the funnel quite realistically in sync with the speed.
Unfortunately the added load mechanically and electrically rendered the loco barely able to perform its duties and I removed it when the novelty wore off.
The steam engine sound was simulated by a piece of metal attached to one of the axles on the tender, as it rotated it scratched against a piece of sandpaper in the tender, again, once the novelty wore off the noise had become annoying and I disconnected it. I’m afraid I do likewise with my Märklin sound features.
Amazing what was achieved in the pre-digital age.
ChrisG
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mman
Offline dickinsonj  
#424 Posted : 23 October 2021 15:07:07(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
When I was a kid I had an American Flyer S gauge steamer with synchronized smoke. It had a cylinder and piston in the front of the boiler, much like the third cylinder in a three cylinder loco. The piston action produced a very realistic chuff sound and it pumped out the smoke, synchronized to the cylinder action. Simple, effective and if I bought a new transformer and dug it out today, I bet that it still works fine.

That is my concern with HO synchronized exhaust. I think it is pretty fragile and will be prone to failure after extended use. I guess we will see how this turns out.
Regards,
Jim

Offline bph  
#425 Posted : 23 October 2021 16:06:23(UTC)
bph

Norway   
For everyone:

A.

And for comparison, a video of a preproduction 844 model from Broadway Limited

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline petestra  
#426 Posted : 23 October 2021 16:21:27(UTC)
petestra

United States   
When I was a kid I had an American Flyer S gauge steamer with synchronized smoke. It had a cylinder and piston in the front of the boiler, much like the third cylinder in a three cylinder loco. The piston action produced a very realistic chuff sound and it pumped out the smoke, synchronized to the cylinder action. Simple, effective and if I bought a new transformer and dug it out today, I bet that it still works fine.

That is my concern with HO synchronized exhaust. I think it is pretty fragile and will be prone to failure after extended use. I guess we will see how this turns out.

Hi ! We had that too. It was the American Flyer Hudson with the express NY Central coaches. We also had a smaller switcher steam Lok which chuffed too.

My father had these a long time as well as his Lionel collection. Cheers, Peter. ThumpUp

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline rmsailor  
#427 Posted : 23 October 2021 17:51:18(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Much as I disliked Triang 00 Railways (who bought the name ‘Hornby’ and applied it to their product) decades ago I had to admire that they had ‘synchrosmoke’ models in their range. I even have one somewhere in the attic. It was very simple, a mechanical pump with a heating element was driven from the loco’s motor which puffed the smoke out of the funnel quite realistically in sync with the speed.
Unfortunately the added load mechanically and electrically rendered the loco barely able to perform its duties and I removed it when the novelty wore off.
The steam engine sound was simulated by a piece of metal attached to one of the axles on the tender, as it rotated it scratched against a piece of sandpaper in the tender, again, once the novelty wore off the noise had become annoying and I disconnected it. I’m afraid I do likewise with my Märklin sound features.
Amazing what was achieved in the pre-digital age.
ChrisG

The change of name was a matter of neccessity for when the Lines Group of companies was broken up the Tri-ang name went with another part. Using the Hornby name which they had the rights to after the take-over of the former Meccano range was an obvious choice rather than using a completely new name.

Bob M.
Offline Mman  
#428 Posted : 23 October 2021 18:02:46(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
An obvious choice and a good business decision since many mistakenly thought they were buying the quality that had gone with the Hornby name rather than the plastic etc that had gone with the Triang name.
The current owners of Hornby still give the impression that their marque goes back to 1921 when FH started making trains. Bit like Riley, Wolseley, Rover etc car names appearing on BMC products.
When Meccano went bust in the early sixties and Hornby Dublo was discontinued would have been a good time for Märklin to step in with high quality model railways for the UK!
ChrisG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mman
Offline kiwiAlan  
#429 Posted : 23 October 2021 18:10:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Bit like Riley, Wolseley, Rover etc car names appearing on BMC products.

Oh, you mean like MG is now a Chinese brand ... nothing to do with the UK at all (except their products are sold here).
Offline AntoinePrt  
#430 Posted : 23 October 2021 19:55:39(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Dynamic smoke with Marklin in H0.
I dare you say it’s like a standard 7226 smoke generator.

Big kisses Flapper

A.

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline marklinist5999  
#431 Posted : 23 October 2021 22:48:59(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Re; MG, Rover, etc. Yes, China now owns them. Rowe is/was Rover. China has more car brands than anyone, but not nearly as many seperate companies. Several are under an umbrella of three to four larger ones. Some are cloned off styling of popular and expensive makes, but no match in crash worthiness.
Offline bph  
#432 Posted : 23 October 2021 22:59:14(UTC)
bph

Norway   

Big kisses Flapper

A.

Thanks for sharing.

The whistle smoke is a nice feature ThumpUp
Offline Dimi194  
#433 Posted : 23 October 2021 23:39:50(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   

Big kisses Flapper

A.

That effect is so awesome!

Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline dickinsonj  
#434 Posted : 24 October 2021 01:14:25(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I agree that it seems to work just like a standard smoke generator when the loco is standing idle. Probably because there are no cylinder motions to trigger pulses of smoke. But once the loco starts to move the very cool puffing action begins and for me it adds a nice extra touch of realism.

It would be interesting to hear from owners of past dynamic smoke locos from Märklin, commenting on how long theirs produced smoke before depleting the fluid?

If the dynamic smoke mechanism lasts for any reasonable period of time and/or replacements are available I think I will like it. But both of those conditions are on somewhat shaky ground based on Märklin history.

It is a beautiful loco in pretty much every respect and I am very much looking forward to getting mine! ThumpUp

Regards,
Jim

Offline AntoinePrt  
#435 Posted : 24 October 2021 15:23:21(UTC)
AntoinePrt

France   
Hi all,

The function of the steam whistle confirms the theory that the UP844 isn’t a 100% Märklin production. This model has clearly been produced in close collaboration with Broadway Limited Imports. Or, at least, the fabrication process comes from a common supplier.

Indeed, BLI have released their own UP844 updated edition in … October 2021!

https://www.broadway-lim...up4-8-4classfef-3ho.aspx

Therefore it clearly confirms that the MaTrix edition is based on the BLI model but with a different livery and possible technical tweaks.

A.

Edited by user 24 October 2021 18:52:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by AntoinePrt
Offline bph  
#436 Posted : 25 October 2021 14:56:38(UTC)
bph

Norway   

I agree that it seems to work just like a standard smoke generator when the loco is standing idle. Probably because there are no cylinder motions to trigger pulses of smoke. But once the loco starts to move the very cool puffing action begins and for me it adds a nice extra touch of realism.

It would be interesting to hear from owners of past dynamic smoke locos from Märklin, commenting on how long theirs produced smoke before depleting the fluid?

If the dynamic smoke mechanism lasts for any reasonable period of time and/or replacements are available I think I will like it. But both of those conditions are on somewhat shaky ground based on Märklin history.

It is a beautiful loco in pretty much every respect and I am very much looking forward to getting mine! ThumpUp

Hi

If it can be compared to the class 66 generators, it's quite nice, but the downside is a stronger smell from that type of smoke generator. And some people don't like the smell at all.

As for the 37984, the smoke can last for up to 15 minutes, according to the manual on page 27. But it turns off after 5 min for safety reasons......
The intensity also increases when you fill in more smoke oil.

Edited by user 30 October 2021 17:44:58(UTC)  | Reason: fixed link

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline kiwiAlan  
#437 Posted : 25 October 2021 23:21:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

That is a better demonstration of the synchronised smoke ... ThumpUp
That really does look impressive.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#438 Posted : 30 October 2021 21:46:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The 39714 ICE4 finally seems to be being delivered - I had notification from Lokshop that they had mine in stock.

They also have my 39889 BR44 1315.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#439 Posted : 30 October 2021 23:31:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

They also have my 39889 BR44 1315.

My Br44 has been with them for about 10 days now. I guess Roland will get around to shipping shortly.

Offline bph  
#440 Posted : 30 October 2021 23:34:28(UTC)
bph

Norway   
A video of 39027

Another 39027 video was posted by Stefan Krauss in this post: https://www.stummiforum.de/t196636f2-Maerklin-ueberraschungslok-8.html#msg2344352 the thread also contains several good pictures.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline steventrain  
#441 Posted : 04 November 2021 18:23:35(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I see BR01 marklin classic in 2021 items.

Is any more new BR01 between 2019 and today?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#442 Posted : 04 November 2021 19:50:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Can't remember, check back through the new items brochures on the marklin web site.

Offline roberts  
#443 Posted : 04 November 2021 21:08:17(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   

No. Before 39004 it was 39005 and 39006, both 2018.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by roberts
Offline steventrain  
#444 Posted : 04 November 2021 22:36:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: robertsandboge Go to Quoted Post

No. Before 39004 it was 39005 and 39006, both 2018.

Thanks, I have already both as well.

I have from 39005 to 39014, 39016-7 and 39019. Total 13 of BR 01 series.

Here is photos of 39005 and 39006.

resource.jpeg
IMG-20181208-144053.jpg
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Unholz  
#445 Posted : 14 November 2021 08:13:13(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post

Meanwhile, this "exclusive" locomotive has appeared on the shelves of the Swiss dealers.

Now take a look what kind of bottomless cheek the Märklin guys believe they can apply to their faithful customers: Angry Cursing Crying
https://www.forum.hag-in...postID=149027#post149027

Evidently, they haven't even tried to conceal that they took unsaleable surplus units of a previous production and simply glued some cheap road number plates "2977" over the existing plates!! And the new plates are not even applied in a level manner - look at the rear of the tender... Unsure Scared

Märkin, I think you owe your customers at least an apology or then a substantial discount on this piece of crap!!!
Offline roberts  
#446 Posted : 14 November 2021 08:39:36(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post

Meanwhile, this "exclusive" locomotive has appeared on the shelves of the Swiss dealers.

Now take a look what kind of bottomless cheek the Märklin guys believe they can apply to their faithful customers: Angry Cursing Crying
https://www.forum.hag-in...postID=149027#post149027

Evidently, they haven't even tried to conceal that they took unsaleable surplus units of a previous production and simply glued some cheap road number plates "2977" over the existing plates!! And the new plates are not even applied in a level manner - look at the rear of the tender... Unsure Scared

Märkin, I think you owe your customers at least an apology or then a substantial discount on this piece of crap!!!

The pictures from Märklin shows painted numbers 2977, so it’s not an accurate representation of what is delivered. Probably most people who bought this model thought they got a rare piece that would increase in value over time.

The oil tender was changed to coal, but the interior of the cabin was also changed. The three models 39250, 39251 and 39252 all have different interiors actually. Otherwise, the 39252 is similar to 39251 in appearance, but the decoder functions match 39250.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#447 Posted : 14 November 2021 11:03:39(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Capture1.JPG

If it's the final version then it's really miserable, but difficult to see on selling picture Huh

UserPostedImage

Some Trix versions out onebay

Agree that I are not so inclined to pre-order models before see the final result ...

Had bad experience myself after sending a model for repair twice and it only managed to glue parts together Mad
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline roberts  
#448 Posted : 14 November 2021 17:13:56(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
Capture1.JPG

If it's the final version then it's really miserable, but difficult to see on selling picture Huh

UserPostedImage

Some Trix versions out onebay

Agree that I are not so inclined to pre-order models before see the final result ...

Had bad experience myself after sending a model for repair twice and it only managed to glue parts together Mad

6C6CC581-3234-4E84-939A-AC3550D6069A.jpegED4AFAE5-E7EC-4BBB-9AA6-E2FC9A0E1DFA.jpegD6A8F001-441C-4E28-8AD1-1598468C48A9.jpeg

Cabin view of 39252, 39251 and 39250.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#449 Posted : 14 November 2021 21:32:16(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Nice details effort they put into the cabin ThumpUp

Can you not publish more picture of 2977?
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline roberts  
#450 Posted : 15 November 2021 20:05:17(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
Nice details effort they put into the cabin ThumpUp

Can you not publish more picture of 2977?

2977, Märklin 39252, in the foreground.

A37ECF10-62B5-47C8-8799-646A94890B80.jpegEF10D042-386A-4667-8D8C-2FA404AF1116.jpeg18440A5C-2B5B-42AF-8511-92C0F0F10A56.jpeg

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by roberts