Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MaerklinLife  
#51 Posted : 11 November 2018 10:07:28(UTC)
MaerklinLife

This information is from the CS3 manual, where every person (with a few exceptions, obviously) would expect to find it...
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Goofy  
#52 Posted : 11 November 2018 10:15:15(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
This information is from the CS3 manual, where every person (with a few exceptions, obviously) would expect to find it...

Yes and the information MUST also stand in the locomotive manual.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#53 Posted : 11 November 2018 10:53:43(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
If the UI of the CS3 was intuitive, this information would not be needed in the loco manual.
This information can easily become obsolete when they change the UI of the CS3 in the future.
This information will confuse owners of a CS2 or a future CS4.

We MUST let Märklin decide. Cool
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Purellum  
#54 Posted : 11 November 2018 11:04:42(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I agree. BigGrin

We should demand that this information should also be in the C-track manual, the manual for the 60061 power supply
and in every other manual ever made by Märklin.

If enough of us writes letters to Märklin, they will have to recall all their manuals back to when DELTA
was first introduced, and send us new manuals free of charge. LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#55 Posted : 16 November 2018 13:59:18(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

I agree.

Per.

ThumpUp

H0
Offline H0  
#56 Posted : 16 November 2018 14:15:48(UTC)
H0

I bought a new Märklin loco.
The loco supports DCC, but the loco manual does not explain how to program the decoder with an Intellibox.
Such vital information MUST be included in the loco manual.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Purellum  
#57 Posted : 16 November 2018 14:55:24(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I agree.

Per.

ThumpUp

You just don't get it LOL LOL LOL

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#58 Posted : 16 November 2018 17:20:58(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The loco supports DCC, but the loco manual does not explain how to program the decoder with an Intellibox.

Exactly Tom! ThumpUp
If you did bought ESU,Brawa or other manufacture you do have fully complete locomotive manual which stand how to support CV adresses and what there is further information.
When Märklin did introduced DCC protocol in the new mfx/mfx+ decoder i thought it should also stand information about how to handle with the DCC CV adresses.
In fact does other manufacture do have better service in the locomotive manual about CV info.
H0
Offline David Dewar  
#59 Posted : 16 November 2018 21:08:28(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
You are lucky you even get a manual. Most things I buy you need to go online and download one. You can of course do the same with some model rail companies if you lose the one supplied.
I have to wonder why some on here buy Marklin as they don't appear to like it. If you prefer ESU and Brawa then why not just buy their stuff. Brawa locos are good but I don't see their manual being all that much better.

Some of the fun with model rail is trying to figure out how it works or ask on this excellent forum and somebody will help.

Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline mbarreto  
#60 Posted : 16 November 2018 22:50:41(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

I have to wonder why some on here buy Marklin as they don't appear to like it.

I think sometimes it is not "don't like it". It is more something close to frustration because of the brand one can't live without is not doing things the way one would prefer.
At least for me it is a bit like that...

Other brands like ESU, Brawa and Roco/Fleischmann are great too but I think I am addicted to Märklin...

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline TEEWolf  
#61 Posted : 17 November 2018 01:38:30(UTC)
TEEWolf

Exactly Tom! ThumpUp
If you did bought ESU,Brawa or other manufacture you do have fully complete locomotive manual which stand how to support CV adresses and what there is further information.
When Märklin did introduced DCC protocol in the new mfx/mfx+ decoder i thought it should also stand information about how to handle with the DCC CV adresses.
In fact does other manufacture do have better service in the locomotive manual about CV info.

I do not understand your point. Märklin is doing what you are demanding. Just read the manual.

For example the manual of the Ce 6/8 II Insider croc page 8 (in English) under Functions and Notes read here:

https://static.maerklin....f908281ef71537192210.pdf

I have one Liliput loco with an ESU Lokpilot V3.0 decoder inside. To the loco attached was the manual from ESU with the programming infos. Very similar to the infos Märklin is giving for its locos and decoders in its manuals. I see no difference.
Offline TEEWolf  
#62 Posted : 17 November 2018 01:44:27(UTC)
TEEWolf

Good joke Laugh - did you get the manual with the vital instructions for your Ford car from Porsche?LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#63 Posted : 17 November 2018 10:38:54(UTC)
H0

The instructions for the Blaupunkt radio do not mention how to start the car engine or how to replace a flat tyre.
They MUST include that in the radio instructions.

Exactly Tom! ThumpUp
Nope, ESU or Brawa aren't any better. Their manuals do not describe how to operate the Intellibox either, so I still have to refer to the Intellibox manual. So illogical.
Märklin, ESU, and Brawa MUST know that I have an Intellibox and they MUST include that information in their manuals!

No loco manual tells me how to connect the Intellibox to the track. They MUST include that, too, otherwise the loco will not run. I want detailed step-by-step instructions on how to get a loco running in a single place, the loco manual. They MUST do that. I'll hold my breath until they do it! Cool
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline David Dewar  
#64 Posted : 17 November 2018 11:34:54(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I think Marklin should send a representative with all their locos to show the purchaser how to use it with all the different control systems. There would be no charge for this service and during the two year warranty the representative will call at the owners home to correct any faults or explain further how to use the loco.

Until they decide to take up this idea I will just continue to speak to my pals on this forum.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Purellum  
#65 Posted : 17 November 2018 11:38:19(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Oscar Wilde once said something about wasted irony. LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
H0
Offline TEEWolf  
#66 Posted : 17 November 2018 16:56:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

I think Marklin should send a representative with all their locos to show the purchaser how to use it with all the different control systems. There would be no charge for this service and during the two year warranty the representative will call at the owners home to correct any faults or explain further how to use the loco.

Until they decide to take up this idea I will just continue to speak to my pals on this forum.

I see. And which Scotch are you using to pay them for? As a polite Scotsman, I guess you do not take it completly for free.BigGrin

Ah - what is your preferd Scotch brand?Smile

At the time I still was drinking Whisky, I prefered the Macallan 12 or 18 years old, made in prior used sherry oak barrels.Love
30 years ago very hard to get it here in Germany. Nowadays it is much better. You can buy it via internet too. Even the Brexit does not change anything for it - ah perhaps a small price increase.Laugh
Offline David Dewar  
#67 Posted : 17 November 2018 20:59:16(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

I see. And which Scotch are you using to pay them for? As a polite Scotsman, I guess you do not take it completly for free.BigGrin

Ah - what is your preferd Scotch brand?Smile

At the time I still was drinking Whisky, I prefered the Macallan 12 or 18 years old, made in prior used sherry oak barrels.Love
30 years ago very hard to get it here in Germany. Nowadays it is much better. You can buy it via internet too. Even the Brexit does not change anything for it - ah perhaps a small price increase.Laugh

I am not really a Whisky drinker and prefer wine. Many German white wines are excellent and as glass goes well when driving my trains.

Of coursed the Marklin representative should be well treated but I think only Goofy will be wanting him.

I am not happy with Brexit and wanted to remain in the EU as I expect Marklin will cost more and be held up at customs in Scotland. I am hopeful that we can agree a good deal for both sides as the UK is one of the top countries for German cars.

David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Webmaster  
#68 Posted : 17 November 2018 21:34:04(UTC)
Webmaster

No loco manual tells me how to connect the Intellibox to the track. They MUST include that, too, otherwise the loco will not run. I want detailed step-by-step instructions on how to get a loco running in a single place, the loco manual. They MUST do that. I'll hold my breath until they do it!

On the other hand, I would not like to get a 1200-page "bible" with every loco I buy - So I think that "loco specific" and "controller specific" should be separated - and with a complete "controller bible" about how to operate each controller - which I actually think should be included with the controller... Of course new separate "bibles" regarding how to operate a digital system with a specific M controller variants are available as separate books through the years but I actually do think they should be included with the controller - especially with the price of the modern controllers...

No way a loco manual should have a complete instruction about the controller, it should just mention the features available and which controllers that do support it or not...

SmileBigGrin
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline H0  
#69 Posted : 17 November 2018 21:49:38(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
No way a loco manual should have a complete instruction about the controller, it should just mention the features available and which controllers that do support it or not...
OK, I'm breathing again.
Who will convince Anders?

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Purellum  
#70 Posted : 17 November 2018 22:23:23(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Count me out, please LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#71 Posted : 18 November 2018 00:08:08(UTC)
TEEWolf

Cool

Count me out, please LOL

Per.

Cool

No chance Per. Oscar Wild will miss you.Huh Love
Offline TEEWolf  
#72 Posted : 18 November 2018 01:13:17(UTC)
TEEWolf

I am not really a Whisky drinker and prefer wine. Many German white wines are excellent and as glass goes well when driving my trains.

Oh thank you. I am living right in the middle of a German wine region. But meanwhile I mostly drink an unleaded wheat beer. Also it has very low calories.Cool

Quote:

Of coursed the Marklin representative should be well treated but I think only Goofy will be wanting him.

David, what do you think sending Goofy a bottle of Bourbon LOL Whisky and label it with "Märklin representative"? Will this achieve anything at Goofy? Laugh

Quote:

I am not happy with Brexit and wanted to remain in the EU as I expect Marklin will cost more and be held up at customs in Scotland. I am hopeful that we can agree a good deal for both sides as the UK is one of the top countries for German cars.

I see the Brexit very realxed by 2 major reasons. English is and will be the major language at the EU. This even the major country for English is leaving the EU - but it remains its influence. Nobody from the EU can act against a Great Britiain, if this country is in or out of the EU. Remember the 60ties and 70ties where the EWG did not want GB in the EWG/EG.

Second GB ist getting back its complete state sovereignty. Sooner or later more and more of the rest EU-countries will realize what is going on in this EU and want their sovereignty back too.

Since the EG started changing to the EU by the contract from Maastricht in 1992 the people realize increasingly what they do not want: leaving their nationality. Only a few politicians want a centralized Europe with 24 different languages and one goverment. Ridiculous and it never will work. Example is the not functioning Euro currency.

I do not dare this hysterie of some journalists and politicans about the economic effect. The EG was and still the EU is "only" at first a big free trade area. We again create bilateral free trade agreements and we achieve the situation as we had in the EG but without loosing our roots as a nation. Sooner and later our grand-grand-children do a relaunch of the idea for a new united Europe the politicians of our generation have destroyed by their incompetence.

Sorry for this long off topic, but the train Channel Tunnel between GB and Europe will not be closed by a Brexit. Europe remains open. Cool

Best regards

Wolfgang

Offline xxup  
#73 Posted : 18 November 2018 02:56:54(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
As World of Operation is unique to Marklin and, in particular, CS2 and CS3 controllers, I don't think that it is unreasonable for the loco instructions to provide some detail on how to get this working on your CS2/CS3.

I don't think that this is the same as expecting a complete manual for every controller provided with every loco..

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline kiwiAlan  
#74 Posted : 18 November 2018 08:28:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
As World of Operation is unique to Marklin and, in particular, CS2 and CS3 controllers, I don't think that it is unreasonable for the loco instructions to provide some detail on how to get this working on your CS2/CS3.

I don't think that this is the same as expecting a complete manual for every controller provided with every loco..

I have locos where there is a 'World of Operation' manual included with the loco, as a separate item to the normal loco manual. Every mfx+ loco comes with one of these.

Offline Thewolf  
#75 Posted : 18 November 2018 12:33:15(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Oh thank you. I am living right in the middle of a German wine region. But meanwhile I mostly drink an unleaded wheat beer. Also it has very low calories.Cool

Quote:

David, what do you think sending Goofy a bottle of Bourbon LOL Whisky and label it with "Märklin representative"? Will this achieve anything at Goofy? Laugh

Quote:

I see the Brexit very realxed by 2 major reasons. English is and will be the major language at the EU. This even the major country for English is leaving the EU - but it remains its influence. Nobody from the EU can act against a Great Britiain, if this country is in or out of the EU. Remember the 60ties and 70ties where the EWG did not want GB in the EWG/EG.

Second GB ist getting back its complete state sovereignty. Sooner or later more and more of the rest EU-countries will realize what is going on in this EU and want their sovereignty back too.

Since the EG started changing to the EU by the contract from Maastricht in 1992 the people realize increasingly what they do not want: leaving their nationality. Only a few politicians want a centralized Europe with 24 different languages and one goverment. Ridiculous and it never will work. Example is the not functioning Euro currency.

I do not dare this hysterie of some journalists and politicans about the economic effect. The EG was and still the EU is "only" at first a big free trade area. We again create bilateral free trade agreements and we achieve the situation as we had in the EG but without loosing our roots as a nation. Sooner and later our grand-grand-children do a relaunch of the idea for a new united Europe the politicians of our generation have destroyed by their incompetence.

Sorry for this long off topic, but the train Channel Tunnel between GB and Europe will not be closed by a Brexit. Europe remains open. Cool

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi everyone Cool

I fully agree with Wolfgang and I will go even further: the EU is a utopia and we must face the facts: never will a Belgian deprive himself of his steak to give food to another European and vice versa. In 1992, during the agreement for the creation of Europe, I told my father: no question that I work to give food to others, we are already taxed enough in Belgium and it will be hell from 1993.
I will leave Belgium for Canada. It took me four years of preparation. And everything that's been happening in my home country for 20 years makes me right.

End of the parenthesis. And if what I say exceeds the values of the forum, delete my comment but I had to say it and it only concerns me

Have a nice day

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline David Dewar  
#76 Posted : 18 November 2018 13:21:21(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

I have locos where there is a 'World of Operation' manual included with the loco, as a separate item to the normal loco manual. Every mfx+ loco comes with one of these.

Yep. I also have a separate manual for World of Operation that came with a loco. I do think that maybe Locos are getting over complicated causing working problems and difficulty for some as to how to operate them.
I note that the manual that comes with the 60061 power pack states it can only be used with Marklin products. Might confuse some into thinking you cant run Roco locos using it but I presume it means only connecting to a Marklin/Trix control system.
Offline Goofy  
#77 Posted : 18 November 2018 15:38:20(UTC)
Goofy

At least the better service in the locomotives manual does make better understand how and what to do.
H0
Offline TEEWolf  
#78 Posted : 18 November 2018 23:13:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

At least the better service in the locomotives manual does make better understand how and what to do.

Perhaps you see here on Märklings homepage (even available in English)

https://www.maerklin.de/...pare-parts/instructions/

Meanwhile I received my new CS 3 Workbook

https://shop.vgbahn.info...html#produktbeschreibung

Very detailed and informative, but it has 790 pages and they are only in German. Quite a lot, but for such a book it is allright, perhaps even necessary to explain everything. There it comes on a CD, it is not a big, heavy, thick and unhandy book. It is an extended and much more detailed book than the PDF-manual form Märklin for its CS 3 60216/60226.

https://static.maerklin....065db123781498138103.pdf
(39 pages in on out of 6 different languages)

https://static.maerklin....3c218aff091494261442.pdf

Also much more inside than in Märklins own book "Controlling Digitally with the Central Station 3" (03092 - 206 pages)

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/03092/

https://www.maerklin.de/...digital/digitalbuch-cs3/

Of course I did not read these 790 pages yet. But I can imagine, this book is the manual you are looking for.
Offline Purellum  
#79 Posted : 19 November 2018 10:41:15(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

But I can imagine, this book is the manual you are looking for.

I know how this will end. LOL

Now we need a manual for the manual............ LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline TEEWolf  
#80 Posted : 19 November 2018 16:38:31(UTC)
TEEWolf

Cool

But I can imagine, this book is the manual you are looking for.

I know how this will end. LOL

Now we need a manual for the manual............ LOL

Per.

Cool

Help me with an excellent bottle of Scotch, please.Smile Laugh LOL LOL
Offline Goofy  
#81 Posted : 19 November 2018 18:21:16(UTC)
Goofy

I post this picture again just in case you DO UNDERSTAND.

DSC_0001_629.JPG
H0
Offline Purellum  
#82 Posted : 19 November 2018 20:58:04(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I post this picture again just in case you DO UNDERSTAND.

DSC_0001_629.JPG

Is that picture from a manual manual, a semi-automatic manual or a full-automatic manual ?? LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#83 Posted : 19 November 2018 21:13:03(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I don't like manuals with gear sticks I like fully automatics.

This thread reminds me of some of the great threads of the past … all we need is for Nev to join in. lol
Offline Purellum  
#84 Posted : 19 November 2018 21:57:17(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

This thread reminds me of some of the great threads of the past ... all we need is for Nev to join in.

YES LOL

It also reminds me of a TV-series with John Cleese and a Spanish waiter.............. LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#85 Posted : 19 November 2018 23:16:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Cool

This thread reminds me of some of the great threads of the past ... all we need is for Nev to join in.

YES LOL

It also reminds me of a TV-series with John Cleese and a Spanish waiter.............. LOL

Per.

Cool

Or maybe some of the training manuals he also made - Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) was the prevailing term there ... BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin