Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TEEWolf  
#101 Posted : 12 January 2018 00:48:17(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: midwestbls Go to Quoted Post

Dr. E, it is reported to have "NEW" Telex couplers with a slimmer profile! (Hopefully these new, slim Telex couplers will become available as a spare part for retrofitting other loks...)

While I love the look of this Krok and all the details & features - Telex & remote panto! - I am going to pass. 2017 really stressed the budget - TEE sets!!! (DB 103 + Parisfal set, SNCF TEE "L’Etoile du Nord", SBB Re 4/4I TEE + Rheingold), and a few other items...

I already have 3 SBB Kroks including the green/brown double-set, and a brown digital version without the counterweight drive; I also have the "Halbschuh" switch engine double-set (onto which I'd like to figure out how to retrofit Telex couplers!), and I have the new Ee 3/3 with Telex on order. That's enough Swiss switching power for my layout!

I like the Insider freight car set mostly for the end-marker lights! (But is that really worth ~$200?)

- Bill

Hello Bill,

Maerklin announced in his video about the new insider Croc model

(it is in English!!!)

an extra video introducing his new telex coupler.

If you are looking for a freight car with end marker lights have a look here, please:

https://estore-sslserver...08b03b/Products/46900-01

I bought one from this 3 piece coach set and I am quite happy. But my wagon has at the end with the marker lights no coupler. So I really can use it only as the last wagon in a train.

The same dealer offers the same type of wagon without the end lights and, of course, much cheaper.BigGrin

https://estore-sslserver...de_DE/?ObjectID=12675774

regards

Wolfgang

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Unholz  
#102 Posted : 29 April 2018 11:52:10(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
At last the Marklin guys have listened: ThumpUp More than five and a half years ago (!) they were informed in an other forum that the models of the crocodile Ce 6/8 II have a visible flaw on their "noses" because these should feature double maintenance hatches on the surface.

Now, in the new Marklin TV video no. 90, at the minute 15:47, the speaker actually announces that these "Revisionsklappen" have been improved compared with the pre-production sample that was originally presented and are now prototypically doubled.

Good work, Marklin - only perhaps slightly belated... Wink
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Peluo  
#103 Posted : 06 May 2018 02:07:44(UTC)
Peluo

Venezuela   
What other digital Marklin Crocodile are 6 axle powered? Either by 2 motors or one with jack shaft? I like all the technology they packed in this model, what I don’t like is the looks on those shunting platforms.
Offline dickinsonj  
#104 Posted : 06 May 2018 02:58:21(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Peluo Go to Quoted Post
What other digital Marklin Crocodile are 6 axle powered? Either by 2 motors or one with jack shaft? I like all the technology they packed in this model, what I don’t like is the looks on those shunting platforms.

The locos in the 37565 crocodile double set from 2014 were each powered by two motors driving all 6 axles, but without all of the other cool technology that the Insider crocs have.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline steventrain  
#105 Posted : 24 May 2018 11:28:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
39567 delivery about to start soon..

Sold out at the factory.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#106 Posted : 24 May 2018 14:48:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
39567 delivery about to start soon..

Sold out at the factory.

Oh goody, you mean there might be a chance I'll have it by the time of Ians Open house next month?

I won't hold my breath ... RollEyes
Offline steventrain  
#107 Posted : 24 May 2018 18:57:32(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
from Stummi forum.

'For the two Insider models 39567 / T22967 a new generation of a TELEX coupling was developed.
For this TELEX coupling to work, a new decoder generation had to be developed.

Thus, the following points should be noted:

1. An operation of this coupling is possible only with this special decoder generation. Therefore, no other decoders than the original version can be used in these models.
Attention: Other decoders can be destroyed by this coupling. Therefore, do not conduct your own experiments here!

2. For the time being, the new TELEX coupling will not be offered as a spare part for this reason. If there is any damage to a TELEX coupling on the models with this coupling, please contact your dealer or repair service.'

Another member of stummi forum.

the mDT3 apparently already knows firmware for the new telex clutch:
Firmware version: 3.0.1.11 (12 December 2017)
Feature: New output mode for new Telexkupplung (FGL coupling) .

However, this firmware is not yet available for retrofit decoder, but only for serial decoder.

I do not think that the Telex coupling of the insider-shunting crocodile even needs a new decoder generation.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Minok  
#108 Posted : 24 May 2018 23:01:56(UTC)
Minok

United States   
This is not unexpected, nor is it permanent. Märklin would of course proceed deliberately in deployment of the new technology.
If the updated firmware for the /3 decoders does the trick, only deploy that firmware and the parts to the specific models being sold to get solid field test experience with the new technology. This allows for adjustments and service in a constrained space.

Once (assuming it does) the new telex technology proves itself out as working well and being stable, then I'd full expect all the /3 Märklin decoders to come with the firmware that supports that style of telex coupling, and the new telex coupling to eventually be sold as a retrofit kit.

For other decoder makers can also adjust their firmware to generate the necessary signal for the new telex decoder technology, and/or one could make a small circuit board that takes as input the traditional function decoder output and converts the signal to the needed levels to feed the new telex couplers. Thus I wold expect one could upgrade older locomotives without needing to replace the decoders in them, if the small add-on board costs less than a new decoder.

Its just a matter of time. Technically there cannot be any obstacle. Legally unless Märklin has patented the signalling needed for the new couplings and wont allow others to use them, there should be no obstacle there either. If they do patent-lock the thing then it will take a looooong time for the couplings get used, because I doubt anyone would replace a perfectly good digital decoder just to get this feature added.

So I'm still hopefull that in a year or two down the road we will see the new telex versions available as a solution to upgrade existing locomotives (with daughter card for not-updatable factory installed decoders). Of course this is a case where Märklin locking down the firmware update of factory decoders, if they did that, would be a problem, but then other companies (home audio, cars makers, etc) traditionally have done this routinely - you get the features that were on it when you bought it... so it may well require a decoder update to get the new telex... though in an industry with such a precarious position, that seems foolish, but that boat whatever it is, has sailed.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline dickinsonj  
#109 Posted : 25 May 2018 01:17:32(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Sounds a bit like the piezo smoke unit mess to me - maybe just a bit early to jump in. If it is just a firmware change though, there should be no technical reason that it can't be extended to replacement decoders in time. I already have things that I have to fix before buying new stuff that might cause problems and I am glad that I am waiting. I work in tech though and I do find that new telex technology concept intriguing although not game changing.

Märklin does not have the best record out there on cutting edge tech IMO and I have learned to let others beta test their stuff, even if it means that I miss out on the latest and greatest models. In a few years this tech will either fade away or become common and hence less costly.

Either way I win from my POV. Cool
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline steventrain  
#110 Posted : 13 June 2018 19:12:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Insider Crocodile delay until July.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#111 Posted : 13 June 2018 23:00:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Insider Crocodile delay until July.

Depending on you look at it, that is anywhere between 1 month and 3 months delay, it was originally Q2.

Offline dickinsonj  
#112 Posted : 14 June 2018 00:45:22(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Depending on you look at it, that is anywhere between 1 month and 3 months delay, it was originally Q2.

That still might be better than last year's first Insider model, which I did not receive until December here in the wilds of North America. The coaches didn't find their way to me until January!
Regards,
Jim

Offline steventrain  
#113 Posted : 14 July 2018 15:24:57(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
39567 Delivery starting soon for who place order last November.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#114 Posted : 14 July 2018 18:01:17(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Insider 2018 39567 Crocodile manual now available PDF.

Please read page 2 before use for first time.

>Download PDF<

For 6021 Control Unit - 39567 model can up to 9 Functions with two address coding (68/69)
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline TEEWolf  
#115 Posted : 14 July 2018 18:22:17(UTC)
TEEWolf

>Download PDF<

For 6021 Control Unit - 39567 model can up to 9 Functions with two address coding (68/69)

The manual looks good already - but it is still a paper tiger.Laugh

Where is my 1st Crocodile? Not Dundee - only the Croc!Flapper
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline dickinsonj  
#116 Posted : 15 July 2018 01:11:17(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Those are the same rules of operation that they list for the 2017 Insider 103, so it is most likely the same mechanism. After having some initial doubts I decided that these pantographs are a good design allowing for safe transport and storage plus smooth operation once they are unlocked. But I had never seen this system on any Märklin electrics in the past and I hate to admit that I did puzzle over those instructions for a bit before I grasped exactly what they were saying. BigGrin

One other caution is that I found the ones on my 103 locked several times when I had not even been handling the locos and I have no idea what caused that. But if you don't see that they aren't responding, you could trash your power pantograph mechanism pretty quickly or at the least pull off the small cable. Maybe all of this has always applied to powered pantographs but the 103 is the first on my layout, so forgive me if I am being dumb. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline klarinettmeister  
#117 Posted : 16 July 2018 20:57:06(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
39567 Delivery starting soon for who place order last November.

What about me? I ordered it the last day... 😐
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#118 Posted : 17 July 2018 00:44:34(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You'll be at the end of the queue, but at least you are in the queue.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#119 Posted : 17 July 2018 01:11:15(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Exactly. BigGrin

My Insider 103 took until December of 2017 to get to me but it was definitely worth the wait. I didn't order it right when if first was shown but somewhere in the middle of the ordering time frame. I suppose some people waited even longer for theirs if they ordered at the end.

I almost ordered this loco that close to the deadline myself and then decided not to. You have to be patient as hell collecting Märklin these days anyway, so sit back and enjoy the wait while you look forward to getting your hands on this lovely loco. Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline klarinettmeister  
#120 Posted : 18 July 2018 00:32:56(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Exactly. BigGrin

My Insider 103 took until December of 2017 to get to me but it was definitely worth the wait. I didn't order it right when if first was shown but somewhere in the middle of the ordering time frame. I suppose some people waited even longer for theirs if they ordered at the end.

I almost ordered this loco that close to the deadline myself and then decided not to. You have to be patient as hell collecting Märklin these days anyway, so sit back and enjoy the wait while you look forward to getting your hands on this lovely loco. Cool

I was thinking it's better to order the Loco than not.
I ordered the railbus last year and it's a wonderful model but that one took a few months to arrive.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline steventrain  
#121 Posted : 18 July 2018 14:27:23(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
First 39567 on ebay.

>EBAY.DE<
Offline kiwiAlan  
#122 Posted : 18 July 2018 18:16:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
First 39567 on ebay.

>EBAY.DE<

Hmm, stock picture, not a photo of the actual article being supplied. I don't think they have it in their hands yet.

Offline franciscohg  
#123 Posted : 18 July 2018 19:50:54(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
kind of expensive also.....
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Rwill  
#124 Posted : 18 July 2018 21:23:19(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Sorry can I make some dumb observations

The Ebay offering is Joes. He will not normally put things on there if they are not in stock and he's not allowed to anyway on ebay. Its on his non ebay website and as usual is a bit cheaper there and is showing green light "auf lager"

HE doesn't mention Insider Club membership so its for sale to anyone first come first served without the annual membership cost

If I was an insider and had ordered a bit late and was now wondering which side of Xmas I was going to get mine I would be a little fed up

I bet they are all gone by tomorrow

I am not an insider but have bought a couple of year out of date insider models at a good price but would accept they have not been the "must have" releases

I would have thought the croc would have been sold out/oversubscribed and my chances of picking one up would be zero

However all irrelevant to me - £500 quid at present is just not possible if I need to remain wed.
Offline steventrain  
#125 Posted : 24 July 2018 21:13:57(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I received email from dealer- my order is delivery.Smile

First batch qty 500 pieces. Second batch date unknown.
Offline TEEWolf  
#126 Posted : 24 July 2018 21:36:57(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
Sorry can I make some dumb observations

The Ebay offering is Joes. He will not normally put things on there if they are not in stock and he's not allowed to anyway on ebay. Its on his non ebay website and as usual is a bit cheaper there and is showing green light "auf lager"

HE doesn't mention Insider Club membership so its for sale to anyone first come first served without the annual membership cost

If I was an insider and had ordered a bit late and was now wondering which side of Xmas I was going to get mine I would be a little fed up

I bet they are all gone by tomorrow

I am not an insider but have bought a couple of year out of date insider models at a good price but would accept they have not been the "must have" releases

I would have thought the croc would have been sold out/oversubscribed and my chances of picking one up would be zero

However all irrelevant to me - £500 quid at present is just not possible if I need to remain wed.

Well almost correct, because today (23.07.18) at Joes the Coroc is on red - not in stock.

https://estore-sslserver...15f08b03b/Products/39567

I ordered my Insider Croc at Joes and have it not received yet. But last year I did not buy the Insider steamer BR 75 and told it Joes. At the moment you can buy this loco (mine???) at Joes.

https://estore-sslserver...Products/%2239753%20-%22

On the other hand you still can buy the SNCF steamer 241-A for a really superb price: doubled to the original price.Laugh

https://estore-sslserver...15f08b03b/Products/39241

At Joes you get options - sometimes inexpensive, sometimes expensive - but you have an option.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#127 Posted : 24 July 2018 23:16:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I received email from dealer- my order is delivery.Smile

First batch qty 500 pieces. Second batch date unknown.

yes, mine is there as well ... ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#128 Posted : 25 July 2018 16:59:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
One figure wear orange safety Hivest uniform is included with crocodile.
Offline Bart  
#129 Posted : 27 July 2018 17:57:52(UTC)
Bart

Netherlands   
New arrival today BigGrin

39567 - 1.jpg39567 - 2.jpg39567 - 3.jpg39567 - 4.jpg
*Bart
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by Bart
Offline steventrain  
#130 Posted : 27 July 2018 19:13:06(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Superb. 👍
Offline kiwiAlan  
#131 Posted : 27 July 2018 21:44:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bart Go to Quoted Post

Wooh hooh, they really do exist then ... ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Razz Woot

Looks good, can't wait to get mine.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Unholz  
#132 Posted : 29 July 2018 14:51:50(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Unfortunately, the model is NOT superb.Cursing Marklin's quality control is either non-existant or constantly asleep.

As reported in the Stummi forum, they have actually managed to mount the additional "Abdeckblech/Revisionsklappe" on the wrong (front) side of the nose hood. See here: https://www.stummiforum....4&p=1856558#p1854799

It took us Swiss Marklin friends more than five years to get them to listen to our complaints about this relevant exterior detail, they received countless pictures showing what we meant - and now this...! ThumbDown ThumbDown

What next - perhaps a chimney on the tender of a German steamer...? OhMyGod
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline dickinsonj  
#133 Posted : 29 July 2018 15:47:10(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

It took us Swiss Marklin friends more than five years to get them to listen to our complaints about this relevant exterior detail, they received countless pictures showing what we meant - and now this...! ThumbDown ThumbDown

That is unfortunate and clearly that panel is mounted 180 degrees out of phase. That is exactly the kind of detail that they need to get right on an Insider model though, since we expect them to be made to a higher level of authenticity.

What is really interesting is that the CAD drawings Märklin showed to detail getting this panel finally modeled correctly shows it in the right orientation. Then it was produced with a tab forcing it to go on wrong way round. I guess that they might send out new panels to people who complain, much as they did with the poorly fitting windows in the Insider 103.

I passed on buying this model but if I had one of these I would most likely just remove the alignment tab, turn that panel around and move along.
Regards,
Jim

Offline steventrain  
#134 Posted : 29 July 2018 20:50:44(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

39567 - 4.jpg

I read at Stummi forum and It should removed panel and turn correct 180 degrees.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Offline steventrain  
#135 Posted : 29 July 2018 21:08:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have to contact Marklin by email tomorrow and pass to production team about panel to turn by 180 degrees.

Will let know when I got the answers.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#136 Posted : 29 July 2018 22:56:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I have to contact Marklin by email tomorrow and pass to production team about panel to turn by 180 degrees.

Will let know when I got the answers.

The discussion on the Stummi forum shows there is another peg on the cover that means you cannot turn it 180 degrees, the corresponding hole in the body can be seen in photos on Stummis, but is not illustrated in the parts drawing above. It is neccessary to cut the peg off to turn the cover around.

There is speculation on the Stummi forum that the two halves of the mould for the cover piece have been rotated 180 degrees relative to each other resulting in this situation.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline dickinsonj  
#137 Posted : 30 July 2018 00:50:33(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

The discussion on the Stummi forum shows there is another peg on the cover that means you cannot turn it 180 degrees, the corresponding hole in the body can be seen in photos on Stummis, but is not illustrated in the parts drawing above. It is necessary to cut the peg off to turn the cover around.

Yes - they put a peg on that cover so that it can only be installed in one way, which unfortunately is wrong. As I said earlier, if I had this loco I would just cut that peg off and be done with it, but I can see this blowing up into a much bigger deal for a lot of people. I don't like it when there is something wrong with my models but they are made by people and people make mistakes. In this case it seems like there is a pretty straightforward remedy and I don't see any real downsides to doing that other than creating a blemish on the under side of the hatch.
Regards,
Jim

Offline steventrain  
#138 Posted : 30 July 2018 10:39:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Reply from insider club.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

thanks for your question.

You are right. We must make a correction at the part "Wartungsklappe". If we get new parts from the production we will send you automaticaly new parts.

Please have a little patience.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Goofy  
#139 Posted : 31 July 2018 00:31:30(UTC)
Goofy

39567 - 1.jpg39567 - 2.jpg39567 - 3.jpg39567 - 4.jpg

I can see yellow handrail seems oversized.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline kiwiAlan  
#140 Posted : 31 July 2018 11:48:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Reply from insider club.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

thanks for your question.

You are right. We must make a correction at the part "Wartungsklappe". If we get new parts from the production we will send you automaticaly new parts.

Please have a little patience.

Good news. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Timnomads  
#141 Posted : 01 August 2018 08:33:53(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Hi All

Has anybody received the new Club loco for this year - the shunting croc. Could we have a review and a few pics perhaps.

Tim
Offline ktsolias  
#142 Posted : 01 August 2018 11:20:12(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Originally Posted by: Timnomads Go to Quoted Post
Hi All

Has anybody received the new Club loco for this year - the shunting croc. Could we have a review and a few pics perhaps.

Tim

Hi Tim
I will take mine tomorrow afternoon from my dealer.
On Monday I will publish photos and revue here...
Be A little patient
You can find pictures and comments in
https://www.stummiforum....4&p=1856558#p1854799
and
https://www.stummiforum....c.php?p=1856250#p1856250

Regards

Costas
Offline steventrain  
#143 Posted : 01 August 2018 12:30:23(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Arrive today.Love Package all black.

IMG_20180801_112526.jpg
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline TEEWolf  
#144 Posted : 01 August 2018 13:15:51(UTC)
TEEWolf

39567 - 2.jpg

Interesting this little figure.

And here you see the shunter in real life action.Laugh

http://www.bahnbilder.de...i-14282-rangiert-im.html

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline steventrain  
#145 Posted : 01 August 2018 14:10:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Youtube.

IMG_20180801_124621.jpg
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline danmarklinman  
#146 Posted : 01 August 2018 16:03:35(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Youtube.

IMG_20180801_124621.jpg

WOW 😮
Bit, well a lot off topic Steven. But when will the Fall new items get released 😁👍
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline ktsolias  
#147 Posted : 06 August 2018 10:30:00(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Hi
Arrived on last Friday

IMG_41053_resize.JPG

IMG_41056_resize.JPG

IMG_41057_resize.JPG

beautiful loco

Review will follow in a few days

Regards

Costas
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline ktsolias  
#148 Posted : 06 August 2018 10:34:54(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

I can see yellow handrail seems over sized.

Hi

The diameter of the handrails are 0,8 mm that means 0,8*87=69,6 mm or 7 cm.

I don't now the real diameter but seems to me that is OK.

If anybody knows can give us the correct diameter

Costas

Offline kiwiAlan  
#149 Posted : 06 August 2018 14:48:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

I can see yellow handrail seems over sized.

Hi

The diameter of the handrails are 0,8 mm that means 0,8*87=69,6 mm or 7 cm.

I don't now the real diameter but seems to me that is OK.

If anybody knows can give us the correct diameter

Costas

This is one problem with scaling things down, details such as handrails have to be much thicker than real life, otherwise the loco will be so fragile that it could never even be put in the packaging at the factory without damage, let alone transport it any where.

Besides which, in an industrial site a 3 inch (7cm) diameter handrail wouldn't be over size.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline dickinsonj  
#150 Posted : 07 August 2018 00:53:30(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post

beautiful loco

Review will follow in a few days

Regards

Costas

Definitely a beautiful loco Costoas, and IMO the way that Märklin crocs run might be even better than how they look. Cool

I am looking forward to your review. Enjoy!
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj