Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#51 Posted : 12 December 2017 10:51:25(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased an Insider Order Form on eBay.de.

Whatever for?

Dealers such as the Lokshop just need your Insider Membership number and they will order it for you.

Can I just leave the form to any Märklin shop?

You can, but it would be best to deal with your own dealer or maybe a good German based dealer such as the Lokshop.

Are there different prices on Insider Models, in different shops?

There is always a fixed Euro price set by Marklin (or a fixed USD price if you are outside of the EU), but dealers such as Lokshop will give you a 10% discount. Never hurts to ask,

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline steventrain  
#52 Posted : 12 December 2017 11:14:45(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin database

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline PeFu  
#53 Posted : 12 December 2017 13:51:47(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Whatever for?

Dealers such as the Lokshop just need your Insider Membership number and they will order it for you.

As I’m not an Insider Member anymore... I paid only EUR 3.75 for the form, hopefully to be granted this great engine! Cool
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#54 Posted : 12 December 2017 19:21:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You have to be an Insider member to be able to order this loco - the form asks for your Insider membership number.

You can obtain the loco as an Outsider if you wait for it to appear on ebay or find a dealer that has one spare as a result of an Insider cancelling their order.
Offline Thewolf  
#55 Posted : 12 December 2017 19:52:01(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi guys Cool

Loco reserved at my dealer and friend Mike and it seems that the price will be 699 $ cAD

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline PeFu  
#56 Posted : 12 December 2017 20:20:46(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
You have to be an Insider member to be able to order this loco - the form asks for your Insider membership number.

You can obtain the loco as an Outsider if you wait for it to appear on ebay or find a dealer that has one spare as a result of an Insider cancelling their order.

As I understand, all information required is on the pre-printed form? Confused

A22FCC80-7838-4A7E-85D1-655F78BBEB44.jpeg

Edited by user 13 December 2017 21:01:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#57 Posted : 12 December 2017 21:13:57(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
As I understand, all information required is on the pre-printed form? Confused

Yes, maybe (you blanked it out, so I can't say for sure). But it isn't your identity, you are using someone else's identity. Marklin might refuse to supply you if you are not using your own identity, or your dealer might refuse to process the order if you are using a false identity.....

Remember, you have to sign the form, which means you will be signing with a false signature. I see the form has the original owner's email address printed on it. I presume you will have to change that, but that might change it for the original owner as well. Not sure how well you've thought this through.

You'd be better to get one of these locos as an Outsider.

Edited by user 13 December 2017 09:17:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dickinsonj  
#58 Posted : 13 December 2017 14:42:54(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

This is very good advice IMO. Any Insider order is linked to the Insider number of the member who ordered it and not to someone who just happens to have the form. I guess you could make this work with a bit of trickery, but it is fraudulent and Märklin would have every right to object.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline PeFu  
#59 Posted : 13 December 2017 19:08:09(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

This is very good advice IMO. Any Insider order is linked to the Insider number of the member who ordered it and not to someone who just happens to have the form. I guess you could make this work with a bit of trickery, but it is fraudulent and Märklin would have every right to object.

I don’t see it that way. IMHO, I purchase a persons right to buy an asset, like a stock option. Will be interesting to see if Märklin would refuse orders received of 499 + 199 EUR 😇
Offline steventrain  
#60 Posted : 13 December 2017 20:09:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I order with lokshop last week with Insider club membership number record.

10% discount as well.

Certificate will be in the post to club profile house address at end of 2018.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#61 Posted : 13 December 2017 20:12:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

I don’t see it that way. IMHO, I purchase a persons right to buy an asset, like a stock option. Will be interesting to see if Märklin would refuse orders received of 499 + 199 EUR 😇

You need to sign up to join insider Club. https://www.maerklin.de/en/clubs/registration/

Otherwise outsider price 39567 will be between 550 and 600 Euro or more due to Seller put high price to cover ebay fees.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#62 Posted : 13 December 2017 20:40:48(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
....Märklin would have every right to object.

I think that every Insider member who paid their membership fee would have every right to object, since we have paid our annual membership fees in exchange for the privilege of being allowed to order limited edition locos. Here we have someone who is trying to fraudulently bypass that process.

I don’t see it that way. IMHO, I purchase a persons right to buy an asset, like a stock option. Will be interesting to see if Märklin would refuse orders received of 499 + 199 EUR

You can see it any way you like, doesn't mean you are right!

Show me where it says on the form that Insider members have the right to transfer their Insider purchasing rights to someone else, and I'll let this be.

I'm sure Marklin would reject a 700 euro order if they detected an attempt at circumventing the Insider membership rules. Do you think they are so immoral that they would take the money and run? I'd hope not, and I don't think they would.

As has already been pointed out there are more legitimate ways to obtain Insider locos when you're an Outsider. Many members on the forum including myself have done this many times. Plus, as Stephen points out, the certificate will get sent to the address of the Insider member you got the form off.

Edited by user 14 December 2017 10:03:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline PeFu  
#63 Posted : 13 December 2017 21:24:52(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Show me where it says on the form that Insider members have the right to transfer their Insider purchasing rights to someone else, and I'll let this be.

Does the form say that they can not? I haven’t received it yet, so I cannot check. However, this is not a big deal for me. At the Märklin shop, I will never pretend I’m that German guy who is defined on the form. If you are right, I will respect that and acquire the Krok in a different way. As an Outsider or Insider! 😇
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#64 Posted : 14 December 2017 10:00:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Does the form say that they can not?

On the back of the form right at the bottom it says "This order form is non-transferable."

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Rwill  
#65 Posted : 14 December 2017 16:07:16(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Using the form is to me a bit cheeky and risky.

I have in the past bought from a "second line dealer" in Belgium the previous years Insider model new and at quite a good price. But I guess the Kroc will be very popular so there may not be any unsold items like this. I also wondered with mine what would happen if there was a problem in the extended warranty period - but it was fine.

Now since it is the time of year that others have burst into Poetry this topic has inspired me - and I apologise in advance!

There was an old lady from Ryde
Who ate rotten apples and died
They soon had fermented
Within the lamented
Made Cider, inside her insides

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline Armando  
#66 Posted : 14 December 2017 18:45:13(UTC)
Armando

United States   
The coal-loaded car in the 2018 insider car set should be weathered, and not unrealistically squeaky-clean as shown. It's coal!!
How can this be suggested to the Märklin design team? And will they listen?

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/46567/
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Armando
Offline RayF  
#67 Posted : 14 December 2017 19:56:24(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
The coal-loaded car in the 2018 insider car set should be weathered, and not unrealistically squeaky-clean as shown. It's coal!!

Armando, you are right, of course. In fact I think the whole car set should be weathered from factory, as with some other sets I have.

Of course there is always the option to do your own weathering, which I have also tried on some of my wagons.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kiwiAlan  
#68 Posted : 14 December 2017 22:39:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Email Insider@marklin.de, or post a letter to Herr Seibel?

While you are at it, tell them the Trix wagon set needs different road numbers.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Armando  
#69 Posted : 15 December 2017 19:00:53(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Email Insider@marklin.de, or post a letter to Herr Seibel?

While you are at it, tell them the Trix wagon set needs different road numbers.

Upon my request, I received the following email this morning. Hopefully they will indeed consider to weather the coal transport gondola. That would be great realistic added value.

"Sehr geehrter Herr Garcia,

vielen Dank für Ihr Schreiben vom 14. Dezember 2017 und der damit enthaltene Anregung, die wir gerne an die entsprechende Abteilung weitergeleitet haben.
Wir bedanken uns und wünschen Ihnen weiterhin viel Freude mit dem "schönsten Hobby der Welt."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Märklin Kundenberater
Daniel Kahler

Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
Kundenservice
Postfach 960
D-73009 Göppingen
Telefon +49 7161 608222
Telefax +49 7161 608225
E-Mail: Service@maerklin.de
Internet: www.maerklin.de"
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Armando
Offline xxup  
#70 Posted : 15 December 2017 21:44:59(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Good idea.. I don't think that many people have a weathered croc with weathered freight.. I will send an e-mail off too..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline xxup  
#71 Posted : 15 December 2017 22:02:30(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Here's my mail:

Good morning,

Thank you for offering the Crocodile as the 2018 Insider model. The members of our model railway forum and I would really like to see a weathered version of this Insider model. I hope that my message is not too late for a production change.

I am looking forward to ordering my new Insider model.

On another note. For some reason the Insider packs arrive in New Zealand nearly two weeks before they arrive in Australia. Last year, the score Australia vs NZ was three all, but as the New Zealanders already have their Insider pack number 6, the score for 2017 is a terrible 6 NIL in NZ's favour. So can you please consider hiding all the New Zealand Insider packs for two weeks so that we Australians have a chance of improving our score in 2018?

Keep up the great work.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Insider: XXXXXXXXX

Australia

Hey - it is all worth a shot. If they can't do the weathering, then they will fell obligated to fix the NZ Insider problem.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#72 Posted : 16 December 2017 00:37:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Until they confuse Oz with NZ, and delay Oz's Insider packs even further.
Offline xxup  
#73 Posted : 16 December 2017 04:58:07(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep.. No surprises there! I can remember some numbskull in Europe sent one of my parcels to Austria.. RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#74 Posted : 16 December 2017 11:41:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Here's my mail:

Good morning,

Thank you for offering the Crocodile as the 2018 Insider model. The members of our model railway forum and I would really like to see a weathered version of this Insider model. I hope that my message is not too late for a production change.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Australia

Hey - it is all worth a shot. If they can't do the weathering, then they will fell obligated to fix the NZ Insider problem.. LOL

Marklin can't do weathered on Insider 2018 after announced on marklin database. M can not change the mind, Contact your loco weathering service to do it.

Maybe M plan weathered on crocodile later this year with very limited series.
Offline Kapalua  
#75 Posted : 16 December 2017 16:50:15(UTC)
Kapalua

Denmark   
I was an Insider member for some years, however I considered information received to be a little old, and I was never attracted to the Insider Models.

And now this Krok... Drool moving panto, telex, sound etc. I have a brown Mä 39561, without any of these features. Conclusion: The Mä 39567 is a must have! And ”next year” is always a new year from a financial point of view. BigGrin

(1) Can I just leave the form to any Märklin shop?

(2) Are there different prices on Insider Models, in different shops?

Cool

I went to my local shop yesterday as I wanted to order the Insider Model Crocodile and he said if you have your Marklin Card, you don't need to fill out the form, he would just enter my member id in their order system and that is it.

Also, since the Locomotive is not due out till 2nd Q, there is no hurry to order it. He said even if I order on the last day which is April 30th, I am still guaranteed to get one.

As for price, if you are a regular customer, you can get at least 10% off all new items but as for Insider Club Model, not sure as this is the first time to order a club model but I would expect to get a discount.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kapalua
Offline kiwiAlan  
#76 Posted : 16 December 2017 21:28:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Here's my mail:

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Adrian

Australia

Marklin can't do weathered on Insider 2018 after announced on marklin database. M can not change the mind, Contact your loco weathering service to do it.

They have changed their mind in the past - the 39160 Franco Crosti loco was delivered in a different colour to what it was originally announced. The colour change was announced before delivery.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#77 Posted : 16 December 2017 21:34:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Kapalua Go to Quoted Post
I was an Insider member for some years, however I considered information received to be a little old, and I was never attracted to the Insider Models.

And now this Krok... Drool moving panto, telex, sound etc. I have a brown Mä 39561, without any of these features. Conclusion: The Mä 39567 is a must have! And ”next year” is always a new year from a financial point of view. BigGrin

(1) Can I just leave the form to any Märklin shop?

(2) Are there different prices on Insider Models, in different shops?

Cool

I went to my local shop yesterday as I wanted to order the Insider Model Crocodile and he said if you have your Marklin Card, you don't need to fill out the form, he would just enter my member id in their order system and that is it.

Also, since the Locomotive is not due out till 2nd Q, there is no hurry to order it. He said even if I order on the last day which is April 30th, I am still guaranteed to get one.

As for price, if you are a regular customer, you can get at least 10% off all new items but as for Insider Club Model, not sure as this is the first time to order a club model but I would expect to get a discount.

He is correct about ordering it. But as for waiting until the last day - that will make you one of the very last to receive the item as it will be one of the last to leave the factory. It is apparent that the deliveries are done in order of orders received at the factory.

You may get a discount on the price, but that will probably rely on you having a reasonable value of orders with your dealer.
Offline xxup  
#78 Posted : 16 December 2017 22:35:25(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
That's true, but one of the advantages of being on the later end of the list is that any production errors are fixed before the item gets to you..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Armando  
#79 Posted : 16 December 2017 22:40:26(UTC)
Armando

United States   

Steven,
This has absolutely no bearing. Märklin have changed their minds several times in connection with models after they were first announced in pictures. The first Franco Crosti Insider was announced in black and came out in photo-grey. The most recent version of the VT 11.5 was pictured showing interior lighting in the motorized sections, and later they reissued the pictures without the lighting. I don't suppose it will be the end of the world if they do weather the coal transport gondola. Who would want to own a squeaky-clean coal transporting gondola, anyways??? Confused

Edited by user 17 December 2017 03:59:37(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected typo VT 12.5 should read VT 11.5

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline dickinsonj  
#80 Posted : 17 December 2017 01:53:57(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
The most recent version of the VT 12.5 was pictured showing interior lighting in the motorized sections, and later they reissued the pictures without the lighting.

I didn't know that Märklin had ever made a model of the VT 12.5 - what was the item number of that please?
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline Armando  
#81 Posted : 17 December 2017 03:58:43(UTC)
Armando

United States   
The most recent version of the VT 12.5 was pictured showing interior lighting in the motorized sections, and later they reissued the pictures without the lighting.

I didn't know that Märklin had ever made a model of the VT 12.5 - what was the item number of that please?

Sorry, typo correction: VT 11.5. I am referring specifically to the "Helvetia" model #37604. The first pictures that Märklin published showed interior lighting in the motorized sections. Later the picture was corrected to remove the effect.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Rocca  
#82 Posted : 17 December 2017 18:44:25(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello Märklin friends,

Does anyone know if I could get all the digital operation for the pantograph in the new Insider Cocco loco available at all with an "old" CS1 or not?
Thanks in advance
Beste regards
Stefano
Offline dickinsonj  
#83 Posted : 18 December 2017 01:35:52(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Sorry, typo correction: VT 11.5. I am referring specifically to the "Helvetia" model #37604. The first pictures that Märklin published showed interior lighting in the motorized sections. Later the picture was corrected to remove the effect.

I thought that it might have been a typo, but I was curious. The unlighted sections of the motor units are just about the only thing I would change on my 37604, which is a favorite of mine. BigGrin

That is a good example of how things can change between the hand samples that are first shown by Märklin and the actual production units though. Maybe they will listen to their hardcore fans and add some weathering to that crocodile before it is produced. Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline dickinsonj  
#84 Posted : 18 December 2017 01:42:41(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

He is correct about ordering it. But as for waiting until the last day - that will make you one of the very last to receive the item as it will be one of the last to leave the factory. It is apparent that the deliveries are done in order of orders received at the factory.

I ordered my Insider 103 in early February, while a friend in Bavaria ordered his just days before the closing in late April. He received his 103 last summer while I have
only had mine for a few weeks. I think geography plays a big part in when you get your Insider model and not just when you place the order. Of course by getting mine late I have cab windows which fit better than my Bavarian friend's model, so I am not sorry that mine took so long to arrive.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline kiwiAlan  
#85 Posted : 18 December 2017 13:59:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Hello Märklin friends,

Does anyone know if I could get all the digital operation for the pantograph in the new Insider Cocco loco available at all with an "old" CS1 or not?
Thanks in advance
Beste regards
Stefano

That will depend on which function operates it. Functions 16 and up are not useable with a cs1.

Let me just check the Insider that arrived over the weekend.

OK, with a mobile station 2, cs1 or cs2 below software 4.2 the following are available: -

Headlights
marker lights
electric loco running sounds
loco whistle
direct control (shunting mode)
Pantograph 1 (which I believe is the one you are asking about)
Telex front
switcher whistle
Telex rear
Brake squeal off
coupling up noise
train radio
train radio (presumably different message)
fan
pantograph sound

With a cs3 or cs2 with software 4.2 ande above the following additional functions are available: -
Sanding
Track joint
Release compressed air
headlights loco end 1
headlights loco end 2
conductors whistle
pantograph sound (presumably different to that on the lower functions)
background sounds (???)
doors closing
compressor
air compressor
switching mode. (???)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline TEEWolf  
#86 Posted : 24 December 2017 01:22:13(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: AmalfiCoast Go to Quoted Post

I hope you realise that this is a model of the 'Rangier-Krokodil' or Shunting Crocodile.

After the Crocodiles were withdrawn from general use, the SBB converted some of the Crocodiles to be used in the Basel shunting yards as shunting locomotives. Hence the reason why there is only one pantograph, and why there are platforms at both ends on this loco.

Ah, thanks - no I did not realize that. Something to think about I guess.

David

Why think about it again?

I did it this year, joing the club, just to buy the first 103.1 long version. Meanwhile the loco is running over my layout so smoothly as no other one did it before and I love it. Although the total train 103.1. plus Parsifal coaches is almost too long for my today layout. So I am thinking about to expand my layout.Cool

Ah - and of course, once I decided, not to buy a corcodile. But this insider loco, yes, I have to confess, it will be my very first swiss croco. (I got 2 German ones E 94) And as the Insider letter told me: yes, it is a shunting loco, but it also was still used for regluar train rides, especially via the Gotthard. Also it will be the first M-loco with the new developed M-telex coupler.

Perhaps you think about too, telling Maerklin, you were advertised by another Insider Club memeber. This gives a very special coach extra fo the advertising member.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline AmalfiCoast  
#87 Posted : 24 December 2017 05:10:05(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

I hope you realise that this is a model of the 'Rangier-Krokodil' or Shunting Crocodile.

After the Crocodiles were withdrawn from general use, the SBB converted some of the Crocodiles to be used in the Basel shunting yards as shunting locomotives. Hence the reason why there is only one pantograph, and why there are platforms at both ends on this loco.

David

I did it this year, joing the club, just to buy the first 103.1 long version. Meanwhile the loco is running over my layout so smoothly as no other one did it before and I love it. Although the total train 103.1. plus Parsifal coaches is almost too long for my today layout. So I am thinking about to expand my layout.Cool

Ah - and of course, once I decided, not to buy a corcodile. But this insider loco, yes, I have to confess, it will be my very first swiss croco. (I got 2 German ones E 94) And as the Insider letter told me: yes, it is a shunting loco, but it also was still used for regluar train rides, especially via the Gotthard. Also it will be the first M-loco with the new developed M-telex coupler.

Perhaps you think about too, telling Maerklin, you were advertised by another Insider Club memeber. This gives a very special coach extra fo the advertising member.

Hi TEEWolf,

Thanks! Actually I've already decided I'm going to get this Krok. I joined the Insider Club a few weeks ago and I have already received the 2017 Insider car. I do love the 103 and I'm considering purchasing that as well. Do you have any photos of the 103 on your layout?

David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by AmalfiCoast
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#88 Posted : 24 December 2017 09:16:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I do love the 103 and I'm considering purchasing that as well.

If you are referring to the 39170 Insider BR103, you can no longer order it, as the ordering deadline for this loco ended earlier this year (might have been April).

The only way you can get it is as an Outsider on ebay or by finding a dealer who has one for sale, due to a cancelled order. Now is the time to do this if you really want one - there is currently 3 available on ebay.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_...rklin+39170&_sacat=0
Offline steventrain  
#89 Posted : 24 December 2017 10:37:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Lokshop have some 39170 still available for 399 EUR.

>LOKSHOP WEBSHOP<
Offline Thewolf  
#90 Posted : 24 December 2017 12:36:23(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

>LOKSHOP WEBSHOP<

Hi StevenCool

I do not understand how this dealer sells models intended for the members of the insider club ???

Thewolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#91 Posted : 24 December 2017 23:34:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi StevenCool

I do not understand how this dealer sells models intended for the members of the insider club ???

Thewolf

Hi Thewolf,

e.g. I bought the 103.1 insider. Then I told my dealer, I do not order the 2nd loco for insider this year (the 75) and if he wants to sell it to somebody else, he may do it. I guess so he did. And why not?

Originally I thought, not to join the Insider Club and buy this 103.1 long loco later somewhere else at ebay or so. But finally I changed my mind, joined the club and bought the 103.1 as an Insider Club member. Although Maerklin treated me very, very unfriendly to become a member of the Insider Club. The last rude treatment was 4 weeks ago, when Maerklin offered to raffle a SNCF 241-A to those people who recruited new Insider Club members in 2017. They even did not answer my two e-mails for my questions about this lottery. For me customer friendliness will be a much different and other service.

Happy X-mas time and fun with your MRR

regards

TEEWolf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#92 Posted : 25 December 2017 01:12:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

David

Hi TEEWolf,

Thanks! Actually I've already decided I'm going to get this Krok. I joined the Insider Club a few weeks ago and I have already received the 2017 Insider car. I do love the 103 and I'm considering purchasing that as well. Do you have any photos of the 103 on your layout?

David

Hi David,

good question, but I have to confess it is not so easy to photograph a complete long train like the Parsifal with the 103.1 long. I do not have pictures from my Parsifal at my layout, but ...

... but after joining the Insider Club, I joined a MIST too. MIST stands for

Maerklin
Insider
Stamm
Tisch

"Stammtisch" is in German what my dictionary tells me in English should be a "group of regulars". Huh, I do not know, if this will be the correct word. Nevertheless do you understand it?

This MIST has a huge club layout and there a few pictures were made from my running Parsifal with the 103.1 long as the pulling loco. Please have a look here:

http://mist-im-msp.de/hauptseite.htm

Follow:
Archiv 2017 - meeting date Sep, 24th 2017 (= # 90) - column "Bilderschau" (= viewing pictures) pictures 3 to 7. There you see my Parsifal on tour.

Also here at marklin-users.net we have topics about the insider 103.1 long. If you want to read and see them, have a look here, seeing plenty of pictures (including pictures of my others E03/103), videos, etc.:

https://www.marklin-user...rgest-version--103-243-2

https://www.marklin-user...Express---Arrive--Photos

Happy X-mas and best regards

TEEWolf

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#93 Posted : 25 December 2017 09:00:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

These will be Insider locos that were ordered by Insider members, who later cancelled their order. Dealers get left with the order request, so then offer it whoever wants to buy it.

Some dealers will also place orders for Insider locos where they know their regular Insider customer's membership number, regardless of whether the member wants the loco, and then on sell the loco if it is not wanted by the original member.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline mrmarklin  
#94 Posted : 25 December 2017 09:29:22(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   

These will be Insider locos that were ordered by Insider members, who later cancelled their order. Dealers get left with the order request, so then offer it whoever wants to buy it.

Some dealers will also place orders for Insider locos where they know their regular Insider customer's membership number, regardless of whether the member wants the loco, and then on sell the loco if it is not wanted by the original member.

Every dealer is also entitled to one unallocated Insider item for him/herself. Cool
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Thewolf  
#95 Posted : 25 December 2017 22:08:29(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Thank you to allCool

I had not thought of the possibilities that you explain

And it makes sense

Merry Chrismas to all

Thewolf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Peluo  
#96 Posted : 09 January 2018 18:13:20(UTC)
Peluo

Venezuela   
Hello Marklin users community. I have and old digital krok from a big digital Swiss starter set but it only is 3 axle powered. Which model of Krokodill are six axle powered?
Offline TEEWolf  
#97 Posted : 09 January 2018 23:59:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Peluo Go to Quoted Post
Hello Marklin users community. I have and old digital krok from a big digital Swiss starter set but it only is 3 axle powered. Which model of Krokodill are six axle powered?

At the moment (till 30 th of April 2018) you can order the new Insider Club shunting Crocodile (art# 39567). By description in the Insider Club news this croc has 2 engines inside whereas each engine is moving 3 axles.
Offline midwestbls  
#98 Posted : 11 January 2018 17:05:53(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post

Yes I realized that it's the "Rangier-krok"....But now I looked closer...it has telex couplers fitted!!
Oh sh.t!!Laugh
Thanks for helping me spend some more money!
Cheers

Dr. E, it is reported to have "NEW" Telex couplers with a slimmer profile! (Hopefully these new, slim Telex couplers will become available as a spare part for retrofitting other loks...)

While I love the look of this Krok and all the details & features - Telex & remote panto! - I am going to pass. 2017 really stressed the budget - TEE sets!!! (DB 103 + Parisfal set, SNCF TEE "L’Etoile du Nord", SBB Re 4/4I TEE + Rheingold), and a few other items...

I already have 3 SBB Kroks including the green/brown double-set, and a brown digital version without the counterweight drive; I also have the "Halbschuh" switch engine double-set (onto which I'd like to figure out how to retrofit Telex couplers!), and I have the new Ee 3/3 with Telex on order. That's enough Swiss switching power for my layout!

I like the Insider freight car set mostly for the end-marker lights! (But is that really worth ~$200?)

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline H0  
#99 Posted : 11 January 2018 22:50:40(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Peluo Go to Quoted Post
I have and old digital krok from a big digital Swiss starter set but it only is 3 axle powered. Which model of Krokodill are six axle powered?
The old Märklin Crocodile has one motor and six powered axles.
The not so old Crocodiles with Roman numeral III have one motor and three powered axles.
The new Crocodiles with Roman numeral II have two motors, each motor powers three axles.

The tractive effort of three powered axles with four traction tyres is not bad. And since the locos look different, it is worth having both a II and a III.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#100 Posted : 12 January 2018 00:05:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

>LOKSHOP WEBSHOP<

Hi StevenCool

Thewolf

Hello Thewolf,

today I found on the homepage of a Swiss Maerklin dealer

http://shop.zugkraft-stu...en-mit-mfx-sound-decoder

a very interesting business model to buy (or sell) an insider model.

Here it his text from its homepage in English

"Era IV

SBB Ce 6/8 II 14282 "Shunting crocodile" green, with mfx+ sound decoder, digitally switchable pantograph and digital couplings on both sides of the locomotive.

The green shunting crocodile SBB Ce 6/8 II 14282 has an mfx+ sound decoder with extensive noise functions, 2 controlled high-performance drives, LED lighting, digital switchable pantograph, digital couplings on both locomotive sides. The model is manufactured in a highly detailed metal version and represents a crocodile from the first series of models. As a shunting crocodile, the locomotive has shunting platforms and manoeuvring steps on both sides, sleeve buffers and oil cooler boxes. Fir green basic colouring. Operating condition at the end of the 1970s.

This locomotive is offered as insider model 2018 in a unique series. The order deadline is 30.04.2018.
What does that mean if you're not yet an insider? It's very simple: you order the crocodile from us and we will register you as a new insider member with Märklin. We will make sure that you receive this crocodile including membership fee for a whole year at exactly the listed price.
Exactly how it works: After the Insider registration you will receive an invoice from Märklin for the annual fee. You transfer this invoice to us for payment. As a new insider member, Märklin will send you a shopping voucher worth € 40.00, which you should hand over to us, as this will finance part of your membership fee. And then, at the moment your beautiful crocodile is delivered, you will receive it at the offered price.

Prices are subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuations."

The major interesting point is the price. Normally the Ce 6/8 II costs 500 € in Germany. At Stucki in Switzerland you get the loco for 550 CHF (today about 470 €) including one year Insider Club membership. Not bad. OK there is a significant difference in the VAT (Switzerland 7,7% - Germany 19%), but Stucki offers a real deal to its customers.

Stucki must be a good reseller for Maerklin. I read last year, that at the 2017 toy fair in Nuernberg he placed orders for 500.000 € only for Maerklin products. Not bad, is this about 0,5% of Maerklins total annual sales.

regards

TEEWolf