Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline RayF  
#151 Posted : 25 August 2017 12:08:14(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I've had to glue the windscreens back on my 3054 too.

However the worst model by far for windows falling out is my 3071 TEE Ram railcar. Every time it is picked up some of the windows come unstuck. ThumbDown
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline mario54i  
#152 Posted : 25 August 2017 13:33:09(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
A few 39170 appear on ebay every day.
I wonder if they already have the new windows or if the (non Insider) buyer will ever receive them.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#153 Posted : 25 August 2017 13:46:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
However the worst model by far for windows falling out is my 3071 TEE Ram railcar. Every time it is picked up some of the windows come unstuck. ThumbDown

Agreed, and I don't even have one! OhMyGod

As for 39170 having faults with gaps in windows, don't forget the VT08 model (39081) that came out a few years ago with the railcar's loco type printed as 'VM08' rather than 'VT08'. The model with the incorrectly printed number became more collectible (and more expensive) than samples with the correct number.

So, maybe your 39170 with the gaps in the windows might become worth more than models without gaps.......
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Thewolf  
#154 Posted : 25 August 2017 14:22:10(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi all Cool

'' So, maybe your 39170 with the gaps in the windows might become worth more than models without gaps.......''

You are right...maybe..but it is not what I look for when I buy a loco.

I do not look for any profit but only the pleasure, the fun to see them running on my layout

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#155 Posted : 25 August 2017 14:38:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I took my 39170 to our club tonight. Everyone who saw it thought the gaps were not an issue, if I hadn't pointed it out they would not have noticed.

Some more photos on one of our club layouts.

39170_5.jpg

39170_6.jpg

39170_7.jpg
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#156 Posted : 26 August 2017 02:14:25(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I took my 39170 to our club tonight. Everyone who saw it thought the gaps were not an issue, if I hadn't pointed it out they would not have noticed.

Thank You David.

Your 103.1 looks great on the club layout and I agree -- if you just saw it and were not obsessing about it, you would never notice the window fit.

I think that part of the problem is that very many of us have been waiting a really long time and we are staring at images on our computers, while we should be looking at our own models running on our layouts. BigGrin I imagine that when mine arrives I will be quite happy with it. In the meantime it is nice hearing from people who already have theirs and how they like them.

I will let you all know how I like mine when if finally arrives!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#157 Posted : 26 August 2017 08:01:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Jim. Four of the folks who saw my 39170 have ordered this loco themselves, along with the matching coach set. From their comments, I think they are quite happy with the prospect of what they will get.

They also commented on the extra length of the loco compared to the standard BR103's Marklin has issued.

Meanwhile, clapcott Offline was interested in the 32 functions of this loco, and the cab mode driving for it. He ran to get the club's CS2 to fire it up, which is why you see it on the layout!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline svgeorgiad  
#158 Posted : 31 August 2017 17:54:16(UTC)
svgeorgiad

Greece   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Collector Go to Quoted Post
Full windows set arrive here from marklin.

Fitted to BR103.1 later.

They sent a second set?

Curious to see the pictures to see if this solves the issue.

Here is the photos, It look much better now.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hi Steve,

Is it easy to fit the glass windows yourself? I wonder if it makes sense to order also for myself and install the windows on my own or is it better to send the whole loc back to Marklin for exchange at their repair shop?
Thanks in advance for your hint!

Best regards,

Symeon
Symeon Georgiadis
Offline TEEWolf  
#159 Posted : 31 August 2017 20:51:48(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Jim. Four of the folks who saw my 39170 have ordered this loco themselves, along with the matching coach set. From their comments, I think they are quite happy with the prospect of what they will get.

They also commented on the extra length of the loco compared to the standard BR103's Marklin has issued.

Meanwhile, clapcott Offline was interested in the 32 functions of this loco, and the cab mode driving for it. He ran to get the club's CS2 to fire it up, which is why you see it on the layout!

I am very happy with my 103 long and the matching coach set Parsifal. Even I cannot hear the Parsifal, while I am running my train.BigGrin.

And it runs perfectly. It only derails, if I get crazy and think I got a high speed train like the ICE. The complete train is running so smoothly at a reasonable speed - it is amazing. For the moment I have banned all other trains from my layout - just running and enjoying the Parsifal. It is like with the great opera. Do not understand why Maerklin has not added a special music coach to this Parsifal train including the Parsifal music. Would have been a better use for some of the 32 functionsBlink BigGrin as it is done. (Some are only silly and be happy, if you do not understand German.)
Offline steventrain  
#160 Posted : 31 August 2017 21:13:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: svgeorgiad Go to Quoted Post

Hi Steve,

Is it easy to fit the glass windows yourself? I wonder if it makes sense to order also for myself and install the windows on my own or is it better to send the whole loc back to Marklin for exchange at their repair shop?
Thanks in advance for your hint!

Best regards,

Symeon

Remember to read instruction page 27 about pantographs before open loco body before you can easy to changed windows to fit.

Be Careful with window wipers!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline dickinsonj  
#161 Posted : 01 September 2017 01:42:30(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Yeah - I wondered about that.

Those look exactly like the many small plastic parts that my fat clumsy fingers have already broken off of other Märklin locos. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline TEEWolf  
#162 Posted : 01 September 2017 03:50:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

Yeah - I wondered about that.

Those look exactly like the many small plastic parts that my fat clumsy fingers have already broken off of other Märklin locos. BigGrin

In the German Stummi community was reported that Maerklin attaches 2 pairs of them with the new sent windows. And a member remarked that he now has 2 pieces left.Laugh
Offline dickinsonj  
#163 Posted : 02 September 2017 02:09:52(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

In the German Stummi community was reported that Maerklin attaches 2 pairs of them with the new sent windows. And a member remarked that he now has 2 pieces left.Laugh

Sounds about right for me - I went through my spare roof pipes on my Orient Express coaches like they were candy, trying to fix the very flaky interior lighting. I just gave up and decided to replace as many as possible once I am done taking them apart to work on them. I need to prototype an upgrade solution that makes those Trix cars work properly in 3-rail, probably by wiring around the PCB connection and adding a capacitor. One of these days I hope that I get the time to do that.

I grew up with indestructible American locos that were crude but were almost impossible to break. I touch some of my newer locos like they are made out of fine porcelain and sometimes I still break off or bend stuff. I am getting better but all of those details that we demand come with their own cost IMO.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Armando  
#164 Posted : 10 September 2017 16:35:35(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Wot? No insider certificate either?? Confused

I just got my Insider 39170. Mine did not include an insider's certificate. How about yours?

I think that despite suffering from the same gap issue with the lateral window (or so it seems), I do like it very much.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline steventrain  
#165 Posted : 10 September 2017 16:40:06(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post

I just got my Insider 39170. Mine did not include an insider's certificate. How about yours?

Certificate will send in the post from Marklin due around New Year if your order on Club record.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Minok  
#166 Posted : 13 November 2017 22:33:42(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post

Certificate will send in the post from Marklin due around New Year if your order on Club record.

Which I'm guessing will be with my 39170, that has still not arrived in the USA. Will it arrive before December 2017... I wonder.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline dickinsonj  
#167 Posted : 14 November 2017 00:33:44(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

Which I'm guessing will be with my 39170, that has still not arrived in the USA. Will it arrive before December 2017... I wonder.

Hard to say about the certificate actually, although if they are mailing them later on that probably applies to everyone.

No sign of mine either. I have no idea how much longer it is going to take and although I assumed that I would have it sometime this year and I am now starting to doubt that. I think this particular model sold really, really well and that they will get around to making them for us one of these days - at least that is my hope.
Regards,
Jim

Offline mrmarklin  
#168 Posted : 14 November 2017 04:15:27(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   

Hard to say about the certificate actually, although if they are mailing them later on that probably applies to everyone.

No sign of mine either. I have no idea how much longer it is going to take and although I assumed that I would have it sometime this year and I am now starting to doubt that. I think this particular model sold really, really well and that they will get around to making them for us one of these days - at least that is my hope.

They were making them in the factory at the time of the Treff. I may have seen yours!

I’ve had mine many months now, including the related set.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline dickinsonj  
#169 Posted : 14 November 2017 13:36:50(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

They were making them in the factory at the time of the Treff. I may have seen yours!

I’ve had mine many months now, including the related set.

Good to know that at least they have not stopped making them yet.

My dealer said that although they no longer show on the production list they are still working on them but that he had no real information about when I might get mine.
Regards,
Jim

Offline dickinsonj  
#170 Posted : 22 November 2017 01:55:56(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

Cool - Mine arrived just yesterday, so maybe you did see it being built -- speak of the devil and all that! BigGrin

My Insider 103 is perfect. I guess it was worth waiting for, since all of the windows fit just as I would expect them to. The detailing is superb and it weighs many multiples of what my old DCM plastic body 103 does, so it should pull like a mule. BigGrin Everything checks out on my rolling test stand and I can run it on one of my mainlines in about a month. I believe that I will be very happy with this loco after all! BigGrin

No word yet on when I might get the coaches but I know of some pretty Hohenstaufen coaches that it can borrow until they arrive. Cool
Regards,
Jim

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Minok  
#171 Posted : 22 November 2017 04:17:22(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Finally got the notice from my US dealer that the loco and the club car have shipped. Should have it by end of week.
I'd agree that it might well have sold extememly well and they cannot just only produce this one model and still have to make other things.

Well as my first year of club membership I'll at least have in hand more than just the magazines, DVD, and the flyers.

Though I did get a chuckle in just now getting the fall new items catalog, where I have already been in possession of 3 of the wagons announced in that catalog for over 2 weeks. Timely is not the Märklin USA way. But when you need to hitch a cheap ride on available airplane cargo space that's the way it goes.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline dickinsonj  
#172 Posted : 22 November 2017 15:26:12(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Finally got the notice from my US dealer that the loco and the club car have shipped. Should have it by end of week.
I'd agree that it might well have sold extremely well and they cannot just only produce this one model and still have to make other things.

Same thing for me - I received the 103 and my annual Insider car this week, with the coaches to follow eventually.

I always tack on a month or more to Märklin's estimates of item availability here in North America, compared to European deliveries. In the greater scheme of things we are a pretty small part of Märklin's market after all. It all gets here eventually though, even if at times it can be tough to wait. Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline Minok  
#173 Posted : 26 November 2017 01:20:34(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Because there were enough photos posted of the lok and I just got mine yesterday all ill post is the photos of the cab windows while illuminated in a darker room to show the window fitment. 100% solved it is not. Whether it matters to me I'm not sure of, in a lighted room it's no serious issue.

All 4 corners:

IMG_0519.PNG

And during the daytime:

IMG_0521.PNG
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#174 Posted : 26 November 2017 14:10:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Because there were enough photos posted of the lok and I just got mine yesterday all ill post is the photos of the cab windows while illuminated in a darker room to show the window fitment. 100% solved it is not. Whether it matters to me I'm not sure of, in a lighted room it's no serious issue.

Hmm, I'm sure the ones on my loco fit better than that. I remember looking at them and thinking that I seem to have better fitting ones than had been shown on here, and that I wouldn't need to chase a set of replacements.

I'll have to get mine out and have a closer look. but frankly I wouldn't be satisfied with the ones you have. With modern manufacturing technology they should be a lot better than that. It looks like they have made them too thick, so they protrude too far through the opening, which results in the printed on frame being beyond the outer edge of the body.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#175 Posted : 28 November 2017 19:03:08(UTC)
Minok

United States   
I'll look at the other locos I have later this week when I have some time and see if this fitment is normal or not. It does look like the loco has sliding side windows and the engineer has 'cracked the window for some air' on the side.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline dickinsonj  
#176 Posted : 29 November 2017 01:28:03(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I'll look at the other locos I have later this week when I have some time and see if this fitment is normal or not. It does look like the loco has sliding side windows and the engineer has 'cracked the window for some air' on the side.

I will post some images of my 103.1 later this week, but its windows fit much, much better than yours do. I do have some small gaps between the body shell and the window frame on just one end of two of the side windows. but nothing like the sloppy fit that your windows have. Overall this is acceptable to me although it is still not quite as good as my 25 year old Märklin 103 with a plastic body.

It is not only the gaps around the perimeter of the windows in your loco but the protrusion in the middle of the main windscreen that I could not accept. That windscreen does not even look like it is properly in place. If that loco were mine I would be contacting my dealer about some replacement windows for sure.

Good Luck!
Regards,
Jim

Offline Minok  
#177 Posted : 02 December 2017 00:35:23(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Just an update - so I've sent info to the regional rep on the issue along with photos of the window fitment, and she will get guidance from the factory and advise if I need to contact the dealer or not.

As reference, here's the "as advertised" fitment from the Märklin website/catalog, vs the "as delivered fitment". A side-by-side is always a bit more helpful.

Marklin 39170 - as Advertised - vs - as Delivered.PNG

It will be interesting to see what Märklin comes back with.

While I understand that the handbuilt custom prototypes won't match the production runs, I agree with the sentiment of others, that the quality of the window fitment as delivered isn't acceptable and as company memories are always a big rose-colored-glasses type, maybe the company needs to be smacked on the fingers repeatedly for every instance of this to remind them properly that this level of care isn't acceptable.

What irks me somewhat is that even after the initial issues arose, Märklin still continued to assemble and ship these locos out in this configuration (I assume, since I just got it and they have been making them for the past 5-6 months). One can only assume they did the math and figured, maybe most of the buyers won't notice or care, and we just address those specific cases that come up - vs having to manually fit the install of all of the windows on every single locomotive which would slow down the assembly immensely.

I've not taken the loco apart so I'm not sure how the windows attach to the loco - could this be a 'coming loose in transit' problem where I just need to re-seat the windows?
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#178 Posted : 02 December 2017 22:06:15(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I've not taken the loco apart so I'm not sure how the windows attach to the loco - could this be a 'coming loose in transit' problem where I just need to re-seat the windows?

I don't think that is the case, this looks to me very much like someone made a mistake in selecting the part to be moulded for the windows, and used the window parts for a previous version, thinking it is the same as this one requires, when in reality they are different.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#179 Posted : 04 December 2017 20:57:20(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Update - as others have had happen - I'd contacted Märklin and they are sending me a replacement set of window panes to install. Will report back on how it fits when it gets here and I get them installed.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline river6109  
#180 Posted : 05 December 2017 04:38:04(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Update - as others have had happen - I'd contacted Märklin and they are sending me a replacement set of window panes to install. Will report back on how it fits when it gets here and I get them installed.

may be the day will come when we assembly locos coming in a kit form. BigGrin

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline dickinsonj  
#181 Posted : 06 December 2017 01:06:35(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

John

Sounds to me like we are already there John. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

Offline TEEWolf  
#182 Posted : 06 December 2017 03:30:53(UTC)
TEEWolf

John

Absolutely correct. I tested it at the IMA days. There you always can mount your own, just bought brand new loco. But be fair: also there is a Maerklin employee for support and help.BigGrin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#183 Posted : 06 December 2017 10:44:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

John

Absolutely correct. I tested it at the IMA days. There you always can mount your own, just bought brand new loco. But be fair: also there is a Maerklin employee for support and help.BigGrin

especially when the body shell wouldn't fit properly because some of the wires on the factory supplied chassis were not in the right place ... Laugh

Offline TEE2008  
#184 Posted : 17 December 2017 12:44:35(UTC)
TEE2008

Germany   
Hello,
some time ago I put the 39170 and 37573 side by side.
The 37573 I have chosen for this comparison, since they still has aprons like the 39170 and Einholmstromabnehmer

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And some pictures of the interior of the 39170:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Videos:

Best regards
Tobias
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by TEE2008
Offline Minok  
#185 Posted : 17 December 2017 18:31:44(UTC)
Minok

United States   
What timing. I'd just gotten my replacement windows and took some pics of the insides (as I thought it would be easier removing the original windows with a poke from a bamboo skewer from the inside.

The kit and the windscreen. They attach from the outside based on the small lip along the edges.
IMG_0617.PNG

IMG_0618.PNG

IMG_0619.PNG

Hardest to work with are the super timely wipers. A pointy exacti blade and great care allowed me to lever the old ones off.
IMG_0620.PNG

IMG_0621.PNG

Upper assembly inside the body shell has the servo size to move the power pickups and the cab is mounted to the shell as well. 4 golden pins conduct power up from the main PCB.

IMG_0623.PNG

Pushing out thee windows from the inside reduces risk of scratching paint from outside
One can seee the golden spring loaded pins that conduct power from the main circuit board via 4 pads up to the roof mounted circuit boards.
IMG_0633.PNG

In the end the Märklin provided replacement window kit had 3 of one side and 1 of the other windows. So I cannot replace one of the side windows. Doh. So I only did one cab.

IMG_0634.PNG

Though in the end the windows fit about as poorly as the original ones.
IMG_0637.PNG
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Carim  
#186 Posted : 18 December 2017 10:13:08(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
I feel really sorry for you - you pay for a premium product and this is what you get! I would complain to Marklin and demand proper fitting spares - this is just not good enough.

Carim
Offline Minok  
#187 Posted : 21 December 2017 21:41:03(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Just a quick update -the loco is going back to the factory. Marklin USA checked with home base as to whether they can fix this problem, and they said yes they can fix it. So I'm shipping to Märklin USA next week after Christmas, from where it will go to the factory and they will do whatever (replace, remill and paint, custom fit some windows, who knows). It will take several months to get the loco back, which is fine since I'm still building my layout anyway. I'll update the thread again if/when I get the loco back from Märklin in 2018.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline dickinsonj  
#188 Posted : 22 December 2017 01:17:57(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Just a quick update -the loco is going back to the factory. Marklin USA checked with home base as to whether they can fix this problem, and they said yes they can fix it. So I'm shipping to Märklin USA next week after Christmas, from where it will go to the factory and they will do whatever (replace, remill and paint, custom fit some windows, who knows). It will take several months to get the loco back, which is fine since I'm still building my layout anyway. I'll update the thread again if/when I get the loco back from Märklin in 2018.

That sounds like a great decision to me. I hope that it turns out well for you in the long run and that they make it look like it should have in the first place. Cool

About a year ago I received the 2016 second Insider model of the VT95.9 railcar and it was cosmetically perfect. The precision and the finish of the metal castings were outstanding. There is a full view through the cabin and it comes with lots of sounds, numerous passengers, a driver and good interior lighting. The operational doors on the trailer worked perfectly and it even has luggage and bikes in the trailer - I was in love.

But after only a few days of operation it quit running and it couldn't even be on left powered track or it made my CS2 reboot. I sent it to Canada, they sent it to Göppingen and it found its way back to me after about 5-6 months. They replaced the mounting board and decoder and it seems fine now, although it has not been run for very long yet. I try to keep remembering that we have 5 year warranties on Insider stuff.

Märkin reported that the PCB created a dead short (while sitting idle on an unpowered section of C track!) and that fried the decoder. I will just have to see what happens when I get my layout running again in a few weeks and hope that it lasts longer. So my 2016 Insider model and your 2017 Insider model both had such significant issues that they needed to be shipped back to Germany, which really makes me hesitate to buy any more Insider models until I see if Märklin can bring their quality control department back to life. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

Offline Minok  
#189 Posted : 06 January 2018 00:19:31(UTC)
Minok

United States   
As my insider goes back to Germany for factory window fixing I dug out my other BR103 as a frame of reference.
Here the windows on the 37577 from several years ago.
Clearly a better seal. So I'm feeling better about my beef with the fitting. Now to wait til Sumer to get my Lok back.

IMG_0758.PNG
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#190 Posted : 28 April 2018 21:48:28(UTC)
Minok

United States   
So some 2.5 months later my BR 103 insider is back in my possession after Märklin factory replacement is the windows and I have to say they did a good job.

As a reminder, this was what it looked like originally with the replacement windows they had sent to try and fix the issue.
IMG_0637.PNG

Now here is what it looks like with the replacement windows fitted by the factory.

IMG_1170.PNG

Well done Märklin Service.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok