Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jeehring  
#101 Posted : 22 September 2015 12:01:31(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Hi Matt,

(...)
I have interesting expectations relative to the sound capabilities of the new M decoders. I don't know if the ESU decoders use the same number of bits/sample and if they have the same amount of memory. Off course great recordings and projects will account for the difference. One good thing is M decoders are cheaper. Let's see...

ESU says nothing about it: expect that their decoders have a 8-bit architecture (if they had 16-bits , ESU would not have failed to mention it BigGrin )..
Sound capacity of LokSound v4 = 32Mbits, same as for Zimo decoders. New Marklin decoders = 64 Mbits.
About Loksound V4 the number of channels = 8. (if I remember correctly, Zimo = 6)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline mbarreto  
#102 Posted : 22 September 2015 14:52:23(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Hi Matt,

ESU has the 51970 I/O extension board that takes a lot of volume but I think addresses your concerns relative to them.

ESU is mainly (although trying to be much more than that and with success, I think) a decoder company, so it is natural that they are hard to beat. I think if one is a tech guy and focuses deep in the technical electronic/digital/electric and mechanic aspects of the hobby it is better to stick to ESU. They address that market better IMHO. Märklin tries to be more user friendly, still having high tech in their products, tries to make them long lasting, collectable, valuable and fun and enjoyable o play with.

I have interesting expectations relative to the sound capabilities of the new M decoders. I don't know if the ESU decoders use the same number of bits/sample and if they have the same amount of memory. Off course great recordings and projects will account for the difference. One good thing is M decoders are cheaper. Let's see...

See this, just FYI for all, my Friend Norm in Sydney did this Marklin Tristan conversion, three years ago with Loksound V4 micro decoder & Zimo sugar cube speaker Smile
The decoder is in DCC mode and railcom activated, It registered on his Ecos II in not much over a second
It had more than 16 functions IIRC count them perhaps Wink and just btw, coach lighting is LEDs !

see here for Tristan arriving at Hamburg Dammtor

I had just asked Norm if he knew that with Loksound decoders, that the whistle defaults to the Joystick on the Ecos (if you haven't done a total remap that is)
So he gave the thing a good try out Laugh
See Norm's Ecos at the end ! LCD Screen is for cameras in Schattenbahnhioff !

Edit; I really hope the new Marklin decoders bring all this versatility to us ThumpUp Cool

Hi,
Thanks for the videos. Great train with great decoder.
Me too hope that the new M decoders do all this and if possible more.
I was last month in the Nurember DB museum seeing thos king cars in real and they are impressive in real too!

Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline jvuye  
#103 Posted : 24 September 2015 15:14:56(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hello all
I spent quite a long time with the Märklin people looking at the new decoder programmer and the SW tool that goes along with it.
I must say I was quite impressed, as a couple of new features are witness that Märklin is trying seriously to do catch up with the competition
As said before only the new generation decoders will have all the programming features available.
However the most significant part of this is that this new third generation is **priced competitively**: € 39.99 for the base soundless decoder, which includes the 21 pin mounting board (that would snap-in where a 6090 decoder would have been) and the also decoder mounting plate for older locos.
Another interesting feature with sound decoders is that you have now a possibility to link "physical" and "sound" outputs (i.e. firebox light and coal shoving sounds) in a realistic fashion .
Just one function key starts the whole combined sequence.
The light would start to flicker first (opening the firebox door) then the coal shoving noise starts, then stops, and then only after that, the furnace light extinguishes itself.
I think I am probably give this a chance, as I was really impressed also with the really easy user interface (click ,drag and drop)
When I get it I will give a report of my experiences with it.
Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline clapcott  
#104 Posted : 26 September 2015 20:25:41(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
.. attached here temporarily until M update their publications page.

Ref 60975/6/7
http://medienpdb.maerkli.../1/pdf/60975_betrieb.pdf

Same 0815 (August) version with the typos not addressed...

Also
60978/9 ...
http://medienpdb.maerkli.../1/pdf/60978_betrieb.pdf
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott