Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mbarreto  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2010 21:15:23(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hello all,
As we know Märklin is using decoders that are not anymore from ESU, and as such Lokprogrammer does not work with them.
I would like to know what is the manufacturer of the new Märklin decoders. Does any of you know?

Another question is: Do you know if cT Elektronik sound decoders (SL51-MTC)have good sound?
Their characteristics seem to be good, except that they are only DCC and have only 3 channels. Anyway I think 3 channels are ok and DCC is not anymore a problem. I also think that decoders can be judged only by their technical specifications, and that is why I am asking if you know them.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline supermoee  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2010 00:14:32(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

the new decoders are developped by Märklin. Who is producing them phisically for Märklin I do not know, but the ID in the decoder is none of the known suppliers.

rgds

Stephan
Offline Hemmerich  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2010 12:58:35(UTC)
Hemmerich

supermoee wrote:
Hello,

the new decoders are developped by Märklin. Who is producing them phisically for Märklin I do not know, but the ID in the decoder is none of the known suppliers.

It's a small firm nearby in my area, poviding pcb assembly services; but this must not be the only one used by Märklin.

PS: Depending on the further development at Märklin, a number of exciting new devices can be expected in the near future; including 16-channel sound decoders; maybe even with the option to add own sounds. Just "was".
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2010 18:10:20(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hello,
Thank you for your answers!
I hope Märklin will really do decoders we can upgrade sound on them! It would be great (hoping they will not be more expensive than the ESU ...).

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.