Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline HvR  
#201 Posted : 19 March 2007 13:54:21(UTC)
HvR

Gents,

No further news from my side. I just forwarded what I was told.

Hans
Offline Caplin  
#202 Posted : 19 March 2007 16:13:50(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Märklin friends,

Reading all about HW & SW levels of the CS I unpacked mine (purchased in Feb. 2007 as part of starter set 29851) to check the levels. The display reading is <u>HW 1.1</u> and <u>SW 1.6.134</u>.
In all the previous entries in this thread I recall to have seen no higher SW level than 1.6.45.
I wonder if I am the only one having that higher level, or am I checking in the wrong place?
For comparison reasons I noted a kind of serial no.: <u>mfx 000487b0</u> from the label attached underneath the 6212 itself.
Comments are welcome, please.

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline Fredrik  
#203 Posted : 19 March 2007 18:31:55(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

SW 1.6.134 is the latest version available for "old" Central Stations (i.e. prior to coming update).
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Caplin  
#204 Posted : 19 March 2007 19:00:27(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Fredrik replies: SW 1.6.134 is the latest version available for "old" Central Stations (i.e. prior to coming update).

Thank you. So we are all looking forward to get an downloadable update within a couple of months! Smile
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#205 Posted : 15 November 2007 07:38:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
It's quite interesting reading all these old posts, and remembering all our anguish and worry about the CS update. Tis all over for most of us now (Nev, and one or two others excluded), we can get on enjoying it and our trains!!
Offline alonso231gery  
#206 Posted : 15 November 2007 21:49:05(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
I just got it and i have not test it thoroughly yet, but i must admit that i was feeling "MRR naked" without it, all that time.
An outsider.
I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!
Offline mjrallare  
#207 Posted : 22 November 2007 20:55:34(UTC)
mjrallare

I just received a newsletter from my dealer saying that Märklin has run out of an electronic component (I don't know the exact english word), "so no new delivery or upgrade before April/Mai 2008".

Sorry, I don't know more than this...

/Torbjörn
Offline laalves  
#208 Posted : 22 November 2007 22:32:39(UTC)
laalves

"Information about the Update for the 60212 Central Station

Dear Madam/Sir:

To date, we have been able to update successfully about 10,000 Central Stations, item no.60212. Due to the great demand, the electronic circuits for the hardware update will not be available again until April / Mai of 2008.

Please advise your customers that until that time only the software update can be carried out for the Central Stations. We will deliver the hardware including installation instructions and suitable connecting hardware later. These can easily be plugged from below into one of the two expansion slots.

The software update enabling the customers to have normal operations and offering improved control features is of course still possible.
We regret very much that we cannot currently carry out the update completely. Since the software expansion offers many additional possibilities, we have decided to take this stepwise solution. We hope you will understand."

'Nuff said...
Offline hemau  
#209 Posted : 22 November 2007 23:16:20(UTC)
hemau

!!!???
Don't they know how many CS they have sold? And didn't they investigate, even by sample, how many users would want an upgrade? Unbelievable!
C and M track; CS1R and 2 MS
Offline renevoorburg  
#210 Posted : 22 November 2007 23:23:49(UTC)
renevoorburg

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:To date, we have been able to update successfully about 10,000 Central Stations, item no.60212.

In the Esu ECoS forum you can see that update 1.06 has been download about 2700 times. That suggests that in MRR-land the CS is much more popular than the ECoS (which I don't really understand myself, but don't take that remark as flamebait).

René - playing with Rocrail and Railroad & Co TC -
Offline David Dewar  
#211 Posted : 23 November 2007 00:22:18(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
If all we had to do was download there would be a lot more than 10000.
Thing is though...who makes the components and why have they run out of stock. Does it really take until May and I expect beyond to make new parts.
At the end of the day the buck stops with Marklin and their management.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Caplin  
#212 Posted : 23 November 2007 02:32:17(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />"Information about the Update for the 60212 Central Station

Dear Madam/Sir:

To date, we have been able to update successfully about 10,000 Central Stations, item no.60212. Due to the great demand, the electronic circuits for the hardware update will not be available again until April / Mai of 2008.

Please advise your customers that until that time only the software update can be carried out for the Central Stations. We will deliver the hardware including installation instructions and suitable connecting hardware later. These can easily be plugged from below into one of the two expansion slots.
The software update enabling the customers to have normal operations and offering improved control features is of course still possible.
We regret very much that we cannot currently carry out the update completely. Since the software expansion offers many additional possibilities, we have decided to take this stepwise solution. We hope you will understand."
I am a little puzzled over this part of the information note. Is M* now talking of local update - will deliver hardware - easily plugged in - confused

We could all have done that, if the the hardware update is that simple.[^]

Still then the software issue remains open. We saw how our friend NEV got his CS back hardware updated but without the corresponding software loaded. It had to go back. [xx(]
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline renevoorburg  
#213 Posted : 23 November 2007 09:40:17(UTC)
renevoorburg

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Thing is though...who makes the components and why have they run out of stock. Does it really take until May and I expect beyond to make new parts.
At the end of the day the buck stops with Marklin and their management.

Well, I think that Marklin management wants to keep shareholders happy. So they don't want to have the costs for the upgrades all in this financial year. Makes the results look better.

Or am I just being cynical?

René