Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline costing  
#1 Posted : 01 September 2018 00:46:49(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
I'm adding here for future reference a short description on how to add your own sounds to an mSD/3 decoder using the mDecoderTool software package and the 60971 programmer.

It's enough to add some extra WAV files to a new folder, for example "My Documents\Maerklin\Soundbibliothek\Sounds\My sound\". The file format should be 22050Hz, 16 bit, mono. A 44100Hz WAV file will be downsampled automatically, so it will actually take about half the space in the decoder. In the 8MB available on the decoder you can store about 3.1 minutes of sounds in total.

The file patterns are:
Start.wav - played once when the slot is activated. It's not interrupted by disabling the function. Optional.
01Loop.wav - played in loop until the function is disabled. An iteration is not interrupted. More NNLoop.wav files can exist in a sound folder. Optional.
End.wav - obvious. Optional.

Restart the app to show the new folder, add a new sound slot to the project and drag-n-drop the new folder on the slot. Then map it to one of the functions. The software doesn't make it easy to import your own sounds but in the end it works fine. And yes, the original ones are scrambled.

Why all this? I'm loading a steam engine with Christmas songs of course :)

Cheers,

.costin

P.S. Sorry if this is redundant information but I couldn't find it anywhere online.
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by costing
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 01 September 2018 01:38:06(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: costing Go to Quoted Post
I'm adding here for future reference a short description on how to add your own sounds to an mSD/3 decoder using the mDecoderTool software package and the 60971 programmer.

It's enough to add some extra WAV files to a new folder, for example "My Documents\Maerklin\Soundbibliothek\Sounds\My sound\". The file format should be 22050Hz, 16 bit, mono. A 44100Hz WAV file will be downsampled automatically, so it will actually take about half the space in the decoder. In the 8MB available on the decoder you can store about 3.1 minutes of sounds in total.

The file patterns are:
Start.wav - played once when the slot is activated. It's not interrupted by disabling the function. Optional.
01Loop.wav - played in loop until the function is disabled. An iteration is not interrupted. More NNLoop.wav files can exist in a sound folder. Optional.

Restart the app to show the new folder, add a new sound slot to the project and drag-n-drop the new folder on the slot. Then map it to one of the functions. The software doesn't make it easy to import your own sounds but in the end it works fine. And yes, the original ones are scrambled.

Why all this? I'm loading a steam engine with Christmas songs of course :)

Cheers,

.costin

P.S. Sorry if this is redundant information but I couldn't find it anywhere online.

Have you seen this file?

https://www.maerklin.de/...1_Sounds_Hinzufuegen.pdf

Could not find an English version - sorry.

Does it help too?
Offline costing  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2018 08:48:21(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
Hi TEEWolf,

Thanks for the pointer, I haven't found this one in the search.

It seems to indicate how to add sounds to CS3 to be played through its loudspeakers. I have no idea if they can later be transferred to a loco. Anyway, I don't have a CS3 so I can't try out...

Cheers,

.costin
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline gamolina  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2018 20:28:37(UTC)
gamolina

Argentina   
hello,
How you arrange this with the programmer?
The file patterns are:
Offline costing  
#5 Posted : 27 September 2018 21:03:10(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
Hi,

You have to put files named like mentioned above in a new subfolder of "My Documents\Maerklin\Soundbibliothek\Sounds\". Please see below for an example of one sound file I have added.

Cheers,

.costin

Screenshot_20180927_205831.png
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by costing
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 27 September 2018 21:15:10(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: costing Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

You have to put files named like mentioned above in a new subfolder of "My Documents\Maerklin\Soundbibliothek\Sounds\". Please see below for an example of one sound file I have added.

Cheers,

.costin

Hello costin,

just found a YT video about sound programming with a CS 3

and another thread was opened at marklin-users.net.

https://www.marklin-user...900-mSD-Sound#post575900

Regards

TEEWolf
Offline gamolina  
#7 Posted : 28 September 2018 12:59:47(UTC)
gamolina

Argentina   
Many thanks Costin!!!

Do you want to share your Xtmas sounds?
my email is gamolinaar@yahoo.com.ar

Many thanks again!!!
Offline user2866  
#8 Posted : 28 September 2018 14:20:31(UTC)
user2866

Greece   
Hello everyone,

Except the 22050Hz, 16bit, mono parameters, is there anything else we should take into account for the .wav file format?
Because i use the above parameters and rename the file as start.wav as instructed , but the application does not allow me to drag n drop the file into my new sound selection. It seems that the format is not recognized after all.
I also noticed that none of the files already existing in the sound library, can play on media player or vlc player etc.

Is it really so hard or am i simply retarded? (rhetorical question)

Mike
Offline costing  
#9 Posted : 28 September 2018 18:39:14(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
@user2866: Maybe you didn't restart the programmer app after changing the folder structure?

The library sound files are not straight wav, the content is scrambled somehow. But you can use the speaker icon in the app to try them out. And if you hear them, you can record them ... Though why would you do that? For a different manufacturer you have their respective sound libraries.

@gamonlina : you have an email

Cheers,

.costin
Offline OMarkert  
#10 Posted : 24 October 2022 22:34:47(UTC)
OMarkert

United States   
I am fairly new to the Digital side, long time Marklin Analog user My question to Custom sounds does anyone have a directory or tell me where I can find custom files, such as Station files? I would be interested in Hamburg/ Ahrensburg along with Heidelberg Hbh station announcement files

Offline gamolina  
#11 Posted : 25 October 2022 12:19:48(UTC)
gamolina

Argentina   
Hello, with the new version of MSD3 software it is easy to add sounds.
Send me an email to gamolinaar@yahoo.com.ar and I can share a lot of sounds, includiing station´s one
Greetings