Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2023 06:46:31(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
A couple of years ago, I had some engine problems using Mfx on my CS2. I therefore decided to only use DCC and MM2 on the layout tracks. Yesterday, I unboxed the newly arrived Giruno, the Märklin 39810 (Yey!). However, I noticed two things:

(1) Two of my most wanted functions, the ”Train destination sign” light and the ”Doors beeping” sound effect are located on F30 and F31. I can access these functions using Mfx on the track, but using DCC there is a limitation of max 29 functions. Is there any way to map these functions to a ”lower Fx”?

(2) I can’t find a way to adjust individual sound effects, e.g. increase the motor sound and decrease the horn sound?

I found some openings on the net, but it seems as if these features have been removed in newer CS2 updates? (I’m on the latest CS2 firmware).

Are there some ”secret” CV settings in CS2 I could use in either Mfx or DCC mode, to adjust these functions? (1 and 2 above?)

RollEyes

Edited by user 31 May 2023 19:40:33(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2023 14:37:46(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
PeFu, I looked at the Giruno decoder parameters on my CS3. The vloume is set at max. from the factory. I saw no adjustements for the doorbeeping volume. It's locked anyway.
The door warning beep duration can be set in the icon menu to stay on, which is the factory setting, or momentary with differnt seconds timing. You may not be able to with DCC. The destinations signs only light up while stopped. As soon as the train moves a little, they go out.
Hope that helps.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2023 16:22:04(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Pefu
Regarding lights, Märklin sets them to maximum luminosity so what is left for you is to check the LED is facing the light conduit (properly mounted PCB

Regarding sounds, modern MFX locos have
- a common sound laudness adjustment (located in the primary edit screen of the loco
- a fonction-specific sound laudness adjustment (usually set to reduced level)

How to adjust the fonction-specific sound laudness
- place the loco on the programming track (not obliged but better)
- select the loco on your CS2
- select the wrench to edit parameters on the loco
You have the general editing of loco parameters. Circled RED is the overall sound adjustment
CS2 loco EditOverallSound adjustment.png

- select edit CVs
- push any fonction key of the loco Then more parameters are uploaded to the CS2
CS2 CV Edit Fonction.png
- Then you have the basic fonctions edit screen like here
CS2 CV Edit FonctionEditing.png

- push the sounds wrench and you get a screen like this
CS2 CV Edit Fonction Sound levels.png
If like here, all sounds are at a max level (255) then reduce all others and compensate by increasing the overall sound level
Don't forget to validate before leaving screens
Remember these are SOUND fonctions so Sound fonction x is not liked to physical fonction x but rather by the fonction mapping.
Example here
CS2 CV Edit FonctionCallingSoundFonction.png
In the example above Fonction 7 is calling sound fonction 2 (Whistle)

I hope this helps

Cheers
Jean

Edited by user 29 May 2023 21:48:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 31 May 2023 19:55:02(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Thanks Jean, for your excellent and detailed help here! In Mfx mode, I now managed to map the previous F30 and F31 functions into a Fx range that later could be accessed in DCC only mode, as well as to adjust sound volume and light brightness on individual Fx functions. I certainly learned a lot about Mfx decoders from this! Of course, I will post a ”Giruno clip” later…

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 01 June 2023 13:25:06(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
It's a nice train. I am satisfied with the factory settings for lights, running and sounds. Even the break squeal. Only if stopping it very slowly it doesn't squeal. Low beam headlights are good too. A driver and passengers would be nice but I don't see how it can be opened up without damaging the destination boards and connections. Figures would fit in the window seats without cutting off the legs.