Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#251 Posted : 11 May 2022 19:43:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
According to Wascosa's website the "Tank Car 3000" is not this type of car. It is the Zans type used for mineral oil. There is a Zacens for chemical loading but not in the "Tank Car 3000" livery.

Regards,
Roger

I did manage to find a photo of a Zacens in the Wascosa blue livery, but it is not a "Tank Car 3000" and they were registered in CZ not in NL.
https://interessante-bil...us-tschechien-441734.jpg

The "Tank Car 3000" was an upgraded Euro Tank Car (Zans) with improved buffer beams and other security design features incorporated.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#252 Posted : 11 May 2022 22:57:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
The book has 160 pages, with 25 plans in K and C track. But I wonder if this is really just a reprint of layouts presented in the Marklin Magazine.

Yes, the thought of reprints of layouts from the Marklin Magazine occurred to me. Might be paying again for something I've already got.....

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I'm up for the store Loco and wagon, but now I need to expand the number of wagons so that each loco has a full set ... Blink Crying

I've been cheating in that regard. I got hold of some of the Insider container wagons which have the same flatcar as the previous Store loco container wagons but cost half the price. I bought some containers (heaps on Aliexpress, but I got some locally), painted them matt black and glued a made-up version of the logo to the containers. I got the logo fairly close but you can see the difference up close but if anyone didn't know they wouldn't tell the difference. A friend in the MMRC, who before retirement was a printer and has a printer friend, went around to his printer mate's shop and printed my made-up logo as sticky labels on an adhesive sheet.

I also have just received from the Lokshop a set of Trix long wheelbase flat wagons with Carlsberg containers. I can either put a made up 40ft / 20ft container on each and run with my Store locos or run with the Carlsberg containers.

KM1 are producing some Gauge 1 container wagons (Marklin cancelled their ones) and you buy either pre-labeled containers or blank grey containers for use with the wagons. I've ordered both, so the blank ones will get painted black, for which I will have to get my made-up logo upsized......
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz