Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Timnomads  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2021 10:22:38(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Dear All

I have received a question from a fellow Railway modeller just getting back into the hobby, I am not sure on the answer to his question as I do not use itinerary's myself.

Can you provide confirmation that I can create an itinerary on the CS3 and tell me how to do it as the Marklin manual is not very explicit on this matter.

Circuit 2 aiguillages.jpg

Tell me if the layout is put on the CS3 can I establish an itinerary, for example, from track 1 to 2 and then from 1 to 3 ? I imagine that on the screen you can insert the adequate buttons * start and goal *

Thanks

Tim

Edited by user 29 April 2021 12:16:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Timnomads  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2021 12:16:17(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
no replies ????
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2021 12:25:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I don't automate yet. See the Marklin digital webinars on YouTube. They cover all that. The short tutorial not much. Get the English version of the complete guide to operating trains digitally with the CS3.
Offline rhfil  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2021 14:22:17(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I believe that the CS3 event feature does not act as you suggest. However you can record an event running a loco through such a sequence and then play it back as often as you want.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 29 April 2021 14:26:21(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I presume you are looking to set up a route. Probably best to get the Marklin book which covers routes and most other things that the CS3 can do.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2021 15:04:09(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, just take caution recording locomotive event functions such as lights, sounds, etc. because the macro's act weird. They covered this in the last webinar. If you do, then they all get out into individual boxes, but the recorded event own't repeat. Then you'll have to delete and redo each function.
Offline Marcelo Bernacchi  
#7 Posted : 30 April 2021 18:36:08(UTC)
Marcelo Bernacchi

Portugal   

I think that you can do it , and its not so har to be done.

Frist step is to construct the layout with a adequated number of "control points" , the more points you have the easy is to control. typicaly near all the turnouts and at a standart distance fron the point you want ther train to stop

Once you can "follow" the progress of the loco you will be able to conduct it to the disired destination

On my CS3 i created 2 funcions for each loco:
1: Start and move
2:Brake and stop

And with the track on mind i created a few funcions that i call "trips".
Each trip wait for a contact in a point to command the next turnout, so wait for the next point and so control the net turnout until reach the destination.

For example you can creat 2 trips:
1-Station1 to station2
2-Station2 to Station1

Now creat a function with loco start, trip and loco destination .
Offline Marcelo Bernacchi  
#8 Posted : 30 April 2021 19:40:47(UTC)
Marcelo Bernacchi

Portugal   
Offline JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 30 April 2021 21:35:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: Timnomads Go to Quoted Post
Tell me if the layout is put on the CS3 can Iestablish an itinerary, for example, from track 1 to 2 and then from 1 to 3 ?I imagine that on the screen you can insert the adequate buttons * start and goal *

Tim
It does not work like this on the CS3
The layout is just an easy way to remember what are the switch depending on their location. It looks like this:
cs3 Edit Track list.png

In order to create an itinerary you need to select "Events" and "Edit Events"create one (give it a name) and then, from the device list, select and slide the switch(es) you want to include and select if you want it straight (green) or in deviation (red)
cs3_Events Edit.png

So the best is to start with a printed layout where all track pieces names are shown
So it takes some time to create and verify all itineraries.

Note: on a software like Rocrail you enter your layout
Rocrail 23-04-2021.png
Then you have a command to generate automatically the sequences (ROUTES in Rocrail jargon)to go from one place (a block A) to another (a block B)
So if you have entered your layout without mistakes, then not only you have created routes but when a train "reserves" a route (intends to go from block A to block B) then all used track pieces are reserved (i.e.: cannot be used by another train until the first train went to block B (does not use those track pieces anymore)
Here is a small illustration of a train (SVT 137) reserving an itinerary from block 131 to block 118
Sans titre.png
I like a lot Rocrail

NOTE: with the CS3, it is up to you to "protect itineraries" from each other (so that they don't use the same switches SIMULTANEOUSLY and make a nice collision)

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB