Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline LDonati  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2021 16:25:33(UTC)
LDonati

Italy   
Good evening everyone, a courtesy.
I bought an old Marklin 1 scale start set (code 5531) containing the BR 80 031 locomotive.
However, the package does not include the instruction manual of the locomotic (code 5710).
Do any of you have this manual?
Greetings
Luca
Offline Rocca  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2021 23:27:15(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Luca, I'm italian too and I'm glad to see you here, Unfortuantely I'ven't this set and so I'ven't any Manual for you. Anyway I can tell it is a very good set and you've just to connect the red and brown cables to your Trafo and everything will be working fine. For changing direction you've just to pull down the red kooble of your Trafo. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy a lot your train. Don''t fprget you can mske your loko smoking too. You only need to put some drops of Märklin smoke fluid on the chimenery. Let me knoe if it is useful.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: LDonati Go to Quoted Post
I bought an old Marklin 1 scale start set (code 5531) containing the BR 80 031 locomotive.
However, the package does not include the instruction manual of the locomotic (code 5710).
Greetings
Luca

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2021 04:47:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
There's a copy of the 5710 exploded diagram manual posted in the following thread, but no actual operation manual. I've been helping to pack up some 1 Gauge items recently which include several of these locos, so I will see if there are any manuals which I could take a quick scan of.

https://www.marklin-user...p-for-digital-conversion (post #13)

Perhaps the original poster of the above thread can offer you some assistance with conversion of your BR80 loco.
Offline LDonati  
#4 Posted : 14 April 2021 12:05:01(UTC)
LDonati

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dear Luca, I'm italian too and I'm glad to see you here, Unfortuantely I'ven't this set and so I'ven't any Manual for you. Anyway I can tell it is a very good set and you've just to connect the red and brown cables to your Trafo and everything will be working fine. For changing direction you've just to pull down the red kooble of your Trafo. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy a lot your train. Don''t fprget you can mske your loko smoking too. You only need to put some drops of Märklin smoke fluid on the chimenery. Let me knoe if it is useful.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: LDonati Go to Quoted Post
Greetings
Luca

Stefano good morning, in fact the locomotive is not complicated (I have recently replaced the bulbs because they are missing) but I was pleased to have the instruction manual for maintenance (for example the brushes).
However, I would like to point out that this locomotive is NOT equipped with a smoke device.
Greetings
Luca
Offline Doc.Calladine  
#5 Posted : 15 April 2021 13:38:00(UTC)
Doc.Calladine

Australia   
Hi Luca,

I have the manual that came with my BR80 and I am happy to make copies/photos of this manual and email them to you.

Regards,
Doc
Offline LDonati  
#6 Posted : 15 April 2021 14:03:28(UTC)
LDonati

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Doc.Calladine Go to Quoted Post
Hi Luca,

I have the manual that came with my BR80 and I am happy to make copies/photos of this manual and email them to you.

Regards,
Doc

Thanks so much! You have a private message.
Hello
Luca