Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2021 19:14:07(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I was thinking about the recent post describing shipping C track in freezing weather So I looked up the page on the website that describes Marklin warranty and I reckon t he damage would not be covered.

Märklin guarantee
Your Additional Protection when Purchasing Märklin Products.
There are situations that you would rather not experience. Despite this, it is good if you are optimally protected for this situation. Claims also belong to these situations. A new product unfortunately no longer works. What can you do now?

In this case, the lawmakers addresses the seller. An additional possibility is offered by Märklin: the manufacturer's warranty.

With it, you have the possibility of going directly to the manufacturer and having him carry out the repair or the exchange of the product. The following points are very important here:

This manufacturer's warranty is valid from the date of purchase for the product from an authorized Märklin specialty dealer. The warranty card filled out completely or the purchase receipt can be used as proof. Purchase receipts from any other commercial or private reseller may not be used for this purpose. You can check in the dealer search area on our websites for Märklin, Trix, and LGB, whether the dealer of your choice is actually an authorized dealer. You can find the addresses for non-German dealers at www.maerklin.com.

The manufacturer's warranty cannot be used for all possible damages to a model. It therefore comprises claims that can be traced back to defects in manufacture, design, or materials. Incomplete products, shipping damage between the dealer and the customer, or damaged packaging therefore are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty and can therefore understandably be submitted only to the dealer for a claim.
Buying from an authorized specialty dealer therefore offers not only the guarantee of receiving good advice and comprehensive service, but also reduces the danger of being saddled with the costs arising out of possible subsequent claims.

But the having made a sarcastic comment earlier today about Gaugemasters attitude toward warranty issues I was alarmed to notice that unless you had bought the goods from a dealer listed on the M website items are not covered under warranty at all. There is no UK dealer listed on the website therefore GMs suggestions to return warranty items to Marklin at your cost is surely a waste of time and money and buying from GM you are paying a premium premium price for an incomplete product and service. Or am I missing the point as normal?

Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 20 February 2021 19:39:36(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
In the UK the seller is liable and therefore Gaugemaster. must cover all claims. Look at and if need be quote the UK sales liability which makes this clear. There are some differences but in almost all it is the retailer and not the manufacturer. Regarding Marklin Gaugemaster are useless and I am thinking of contacting Marklin to see if we can have a distributor who actually holds stocks and takes an interest in the brand.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 20 February 2021 20:47:26(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Given the dealer was more aware of their local approaching storm and sub freezing temps., they should have delayed shipment. I live in a different region. Thus, if there is any freeze damage, I will expect them to compensate and replace the items. The main issue being power failures, and unheated storage wharehouses. It's over a $150 order.
Offline rbw993  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2021 16:24:02(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I live in Massachusetts and my layout is in a room over a garage that has no heat unless I turn it on. I have never had an issue with current issue C-Track breaking due to cold weather either in shipment or when building the layout. All C-track cracking issues I had were with the old stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't worry.

Roger
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2021 22:19:02(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
I live in Massachusetts and my layout is in a room over a garage that has no heat unless I turn it on. I have never had an issue with current issue C-Track breaking due to cold weather either in shipment or when building the layout. All C-track cracking issues I had were with the old stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't worry.

Roger
Arrived and all in tact! I can begin building ramps, grades.Love

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2021 19:23:43(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I think that the only real issue is if you connect/disconnect C track when it is very cold, which might cause some breakage. I have never seen that any of my track has been affected after it was shipped when it was cold.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.