Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2019 15:11:19(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
https://www.bbc.co.uk/ne...nd-lincolnshire-48326572

Edited by moderator 02 June 2019 05:54:06(UTC)  | Reason: Added description to the title

-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2019 15:40:31(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Let those bastards pay for the damage for the rest of their pathetic lives!
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kgsjoqvist
Offline michelvr  
#3 Posted : 19 May 2019 15:54:36(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Too much of the same happening all over the world. Bad people do bad things, get caught and released in a matter of hours where's the punishment?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:08:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Vandals trash a model railway exhibition.

BBC report here.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline morsing  
#5 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:13:56(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   

Nothing will happen to them, I guarantee it.
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by morsing
Offline rrf  
#6 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:17:03(UTC)
rrf

United States   
As a father of five, I hold the vandal's parents partially responsible. It is a parent's duty to teach your children respect for others and that one's actions have consequences.
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by rrf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:21:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Oh, I see I started another thread on the same subject. I did check the 'unread' subject heading before I did so.

Perhaps someone can merge mine at https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...-it-cannot-happen-to-you

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline jerdenberg  
#8 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:30:51(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
To bad our society doesn't cut off one hand of these pathetic bastards. Too much of the same happening all over the world. They do bad things get caught and released in a matter of hours where the punishment?

Are you serious? If so, Brunei must appeal to you.

Sorry for going against forum policy regarding politics and such.

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#9 Posted : 19 May 2019 16:58:13(UTC)
MaerklinLife

So sad. I might just have cried if that was my layout...

...I would have cried. I am sure.

I can only imagine how these people must feel. I hope they find a way through it.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline michelvr  
#10 Posted : 19 May 2019 17:11:36(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jerdenberg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
To bad our society doesn't cut off one hand of these pathetic bastards. Too much of the same happening all over the world. They do bad things get caught and released in a matter of hours where the punishment?

Are you serious? If so, Brunei must appeal to you.

Sorry for going against forum policy regarding politics and such.

Jeroen

I was serious when I first posted but edited my post to reflect society’s norms of today. I know it was harsh but works in some parts of the world.BigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline michelvr  
#11 Posted : 19 May 2019 17:20:31(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
No reference to politics, religion just texting. It seems that Singapore has the right justice for vandals.BigGrin

Please note: Railway related article which agrees with our policies of information.

https://www.dailymail.co...led-caned-Singapore.html
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline danmarklinman  
#12 Posted : 19 May 2019 18:17:02(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Vandals trash a model railway exhibition.

BBC report here.

Hi, I use to exhibit my z layout for years. And it was always a worry this would happen. So I only did one day shows if I could help it. Most clubs have someone sleep in the hall? This kind of stupid, nasty mind numbing act, will make people think again about doing 2 day shows, or setting up the night before. It might well make insurance to costly to put shows on!! I’m assuming they did have insurance?
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline Thewolf  
#13 Posted : 19 May 2019 19:46:13(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyoneCool

In view of what is happening in today's world, had the organizers thought of an adequate security service?

If not, are they not to blame?

These are the questions I ask myself

Have a nice afternoon

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline steventrain  
#14 Posted : 19 May 2019 23:26:39(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Help to raised the fund Target £500

Now £33000.OhMyGod

https://www.justgiving.c...87szgbdTad2o7Xo34oe6k7mA
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline dickinsonj  
#15 Posted : 20 May 2019 00:52:38(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
So sad to see something like this happen, especially to kind people who were doing something good by sharing their MRR love at a school.

I'm glad to see people around the world chipping in and donating money to them, which will at least be a start toward recovery. But the time that was spent to build this is gone and as we all get older that is something that most of us can never replace.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline kimballthurlow  
#16 Posted : 20 May 2019 00:56:08(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post
As a father of five, I hold the vandal's parents partially responsible. It is a parent's duty to teach your children respect for others and that one's actions have consequences.

In parts of Russia and other surrounding countries, parents are held responsible for children to the age of 25.
It ensures disciplines remain until somewhat the right time.
I believe it can entail jail time.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#17 Posted : 20 May 2019 02:05:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Merged both threads.
Offline sjbartels  
#18 Posted : 20 May 2019 05:46:33(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post

I agree, teenagers at that age out and about at 4am... that has trouble written all over it. You didn't know where they were... parenting fail! You knew they were out with friends at that time of night doing who knows what??? - Parenting fail!

I'm sure nothing will be done to these worthless low lifes, they'll be some stupid excuse like they come from broken homes blah blah, and any kind of compensation sought will find the parents being the beneficiaries of the welfare system and thus not held accountable (Disclaimer - this is not a generalization of all parents who happen to collect some form of welfare - only those who allow their thug children to break and enter and smash private property at 4am in the morning).

My wife - a school counselor here in the US was on the verge of tears when I told her of this. If any of the exhibitors were running any three rail Märklin, I'll happily make a locomotive donation from my own personal collection.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by sjbartels
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 20 May 2019 06:27:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post

Not having insurance might be considered foolhardy, but I don't think you can blame the exhibitors. No one gave permission to the vandals who did this to trash the things they trashed, so they or their parents or both should be brought to account for the damage done.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline danmarklinman  
#20 Posted : 20 May 2019 08:54:41(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, just so you guys outside of the UK, Stamford is a small historic town which is quite a middle class place. Perhaps these morons are just arses, and really as with a few people in British society don’t care for anything!! Society in the uk does seem to be getting very ugly!! 👎🏼
Having said that, it brings you up to see all the money raised👍👍👍
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline hxmiesa  
#21 Posted : 20 May 2019 09:35:53(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
For the last 10 years I have been participating in LEGO exhibition events in Spain. These are always 2-days events, and usually the stuff has to stay there for 2 nights, as we susually arrive one day ahead of the exhibition, for the set-up.

Our concerns is not centered so much on vandalism (although some participants are worried, the nature of our constructions are that they can be taken apart and put together rather easily...), but more on robbery: Our stuff is highly valued, and extremely easy to sell off rapidly. Also some collectors items can be worth many hundreds´s of € or $.

I´m happy to say that in those 10 years, we havent been hit ONCE with any case of entry during the night. Also I havent heard about that from any of the other similar associations here.

---

The fact that these incidents seems to happen only very seldom, should hopefully be enough for people to realize that it is still very much WORTH the effort to participate in exhibitions, and with slightly improved security-meassures, disgraces can probably be avoided altlogether.

---

On the topic of too lenient punishment; As long as there are no consecuences from these actions, society cant expect these people to improve. Even young thugs with no homebased discipline, are not total idiots, and would LEARN (at least little by little) that this kind of vandalism isnt worth the price.
Of course they shouldnt have their hands cut off, -or any other barbaric punishment either. Luckily we are far above that level in todays western society.
I think we are talking social work for X hours and courses of sensibilization. In the end, the objective of punishment is not revenge, but rather to try to turn delinquents into productive citizens. At least in the long run.
I agree that punishmemts are usually too lenient. Especially for mid-level hardened criminals, who have already several robberies and dozens of stolen cars behind them. Society is OBVIOULSY making it worth the trouble for them! (I dont know to what extend the vandals in this case are offense-repeaters...)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#22 Posted : 20 May 2019 12:54:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Nothing less than full restitution in terms of monetary value for the damage they did plus whatever punitive punishment deemed necessary is the minimum I would expect. No one can replace the hours spent building something, but at least the exhibitors should not have to bear any financial cost.

Giving these delinquents 20 hours of community service would be a complete joke.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#23 Posted : 20 May 2019 13:08:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Not having insurance might be considered foolhardy, but I don't think you can blame the exhibitors. No one gave permission to the vandals who did this to trash the things they trashed, so they or their parents or both should be brought to account for the damage done.

The club setting up the exhibition should have sorted out insurance for it, as there is a UK umbrella group that has a policy with an insurance company for exhibition insurance to cover accidental damage and third party liability and the like.

But as someone pointed out, there is a fund raising effort going on for them.

Offline Thewolf  
#24 Posted : 20 May 2019 14:47:10(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Sorry but I wasn't talking about insurance but about security services ,..... security services that seem to have been forgotten.

I believe that the least responsibility to have is to ensure that such an event, especially one of such great financial and sentimental value, is secure.

Hence my question.

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline IanC  
#25 Posted : 20 May 2019 14:58:42(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Many exhibitions set up the night before. I think a couple of big blokes and a loud dog should have slept over. Wise after the event I know. Encouraged by the world wide funding response though, an international sense of community and expression of solidarity. And as Dan says, Stamford? It doesn't get any nicer than Stamford. If such mindless vandalism can happen there it can happen anywhere.

IanC
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline kiwiAlan  
#26 Posted : 20 May 2019 15:07:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Sorry but I wasn't talking about insurance but about security services ,..... security services that seem to have been forgotten.

I believe that the least responsibility to have is to ensure that such an event, especially one of such great financial and sentimental value, is secure.

Hence my question.

Thewolf

The setup was in a school assembly hall or gymnasium, and I suspect they were relying on the schools burglar alarm system, which appears to have worked properly as the police apprehended the suspects on the school premises. Having such a burglar alarm system - with attendant callout capabilities - is unusual for schools in the UK, with their very strapped financial resources.

Offline waltklatt  
#27 Posted : 20 May 2019 15:22:47(UTC)
waltklatt

United States   
Such sadness here.
Don't think these guys will be doing another show again.
After years of patience and work, all gone, and not replaceable.
Hope they will move on.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waltklatt
Offline morsing  
#28 Posted : 20 May 2019 16:53:46(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   

Giving these delinquents 20 hours of community service would be a complete joke.

Sadly the British justice system is incredibly weak. A standard sentence for criminal damage done by an adult is 200gbp. If done by youths, they will just get a telling off.

-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by morsing
Offline morsing  
#29 Posted : 20 May 2019 16:57:50(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: IanC Go to Quoted Post
And as Dan says, Stamford? It doesn't get any nicer than Stamford. If such mindless vandalism can happen there it can happen anywhere.

Stamford is still in Britain and Britain is just "special", sadly.

Just read through the below. Specific quote "“Sadly, the UK compared to the rest of mainland Europe has a lot less respect for shared resources.".

https://www.theguardian....-be-gone-from-uk-streets

It's just the way Britain works. No-one cares.
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by morsing
Offline analogmike  
#30 Posted : 20 May 2019 17:04:35(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
Condoms could have prevented this!
Mikey
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by analogmike
Offline hennabm  
#31 Posted : 20 May 2019 17:31:49(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
As an exhibitor myself I do worry when I leave my layout overnight.
Generally there is insurance in place and I have always been questioned on the value when completing application forms.

It’s not the money so much as the time invested that can never be brought back. I’m sure I read on a different site yesterday that someone aged 72 had spent 25 years creating his models, only to be destroyed in minutes and never rebuilt.

I’m afraid that with the U.K. legal system as it is the focus will be on the perpetrator rather than the victim and there’ll be social reports etc before any lenient sentence is ever passed.

I also heard today that Rod Stewart has donated £10k to the help fund.

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline aos  
#32 Posted : 20 May 2019 19:21:28(UTC)
aos

Scotland   
Just heartbreaking! Even my wife and two daughters who admittedly have no interest in my own model railway layout expressed deep sympathy for those who have suffered the loss. Alan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by aos
Offline danmarklinman  
#33 Posted : 20 May 2019 20:06:00(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
And as Dan says, Stamford? It doesn't get any nicer than Stamford. If such mindless vandalism can happen there it can happen anywhere.

Just read through the below. Specific quote "“Sadly, the UK compared to the rest of mainland Europe has a lot less respect for shared resources.".

Yep. It’s a I’m alright jack! Attitude. Good for Rod Stuart. At least someone with money has a heart 👍
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline cookee_nz  
#34 Posted : 21 May 2019 12:31:56(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post

Yep. It’s a I’m alright jack! Attitude. Good for Rod Stuart. At least someone with money has a heart 👍

https://www.dailymail.co...BeJltC-pt-7_ztnXCo3Wdxt8
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline David Dewar  
#35 Posted : 21 May 2019 13:30:38(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I regret that the UK has more than its fair share of these Morons.

If they come into my home my three Rhodesian Ridgebacks will take care of them until the police arrive and they won't get near anything of value.

I feel so sorry for the exhibitors and although they will get some cash it is the hours of work that can never be returned.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline dominator  
#36 Posted : 23 May 2019 12:17:57(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
The morons are the parents.
Two teenagers from out of town had to stay in Kerikeri a few year ago because their parents were too furking lazy to bring them home. They slept in the local grandstand, but because it got cold, they lit a fire, which burned the grandstand down. We have no grand stand now and the "little shits and their parents" got away scot free. FFS. The council have not rebuilt the grand stand. A local "senior" dance group, who hired the top floor on occasions, and had their musical equipment stolen from a lockup on the premises, because the council would not let them in to recover their property.

Go Figure.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dominator
Offline dickinsonj  
#37 Posted : 24 May 2019 01:21:00(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
To me it seems like way too many people have kids without thinking about what a huge responsibility it is to do it correctly.

These are not pets or even model trains but the lives of actual humans - and those closest to you on this planet! Yet I know people who have kids and then find that they still want to have fun and hope that the kids just magically turn out alright without a lot of work. Just today I talked to a friend who is raising her grandchild because her daughter is still in drug rehab - with yet another child!

Here I am, a guy getting older by the day and telling people 40 years younger than me to grow up. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline kimballthurlow  
#38 Posted : 30 May 2019 23:07:53(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
The latest in this sad tale is the the boys (15 and 16 year olds) are on bail after being charged with breaking and entering, criminal damage etc. .....
They were unable to remember the evening because they were drunk.

They have written letters of apology.

Vandal newspaper report

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline cookee_nz  
#39 Posted : 31 May 2019 00:21:32(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
The latest in this sad tale is the the boys (15 and 16 year olds) are on bail after being charged with breaking and entering, criminal damage etc. .....
They were unable to remember the evening because they were drunk.

They have written letters of apology.

Kimball

An 'apology' you've been forced to write is really no apology at all.

Drunk, drugs, whatever? so what! NO excuse. Cause and effect is all it is.

In a few years one of these scrotes might have something of value, house, car, whatever that someone else will decide looks far too nice and will perform a visual readjustment, only then will they feel the impact of vandalism.

But good on the parents for appearing to take some control back.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline dickinsonj  
#40 Posted : 31 May 2019 00:54:44(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

In a few years one of these scrotes might have something of value, house, car, whatever that someone else will decide looks far too nice and will perform a visual readjustment, only then will they feel the impact of vandalism.

Yeah - that has been a long time fantasy for me too. These children have never busted their butts to have stuff and then have it senselessly destroyed and they really have no clue about what they did. If they had spent years of work doing something that they loved taken from them, for no reason, they could very well see things differently.

A good idea and it can't hurt at this point, but my guess is that horse has already left the barn for these kids.
Regards,
Jim

Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 31 May 2019 10:06:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

A good idea and it can't hurt at this point, but my guess is that horse has already left the barn for these kids.

My take on it is that they may have managed to catch things early enough that these kids will be turned from this sort of thing.

Having read several articles in different papers and at the BBC there does seem to be significant remorse from these kids, and, with luck, it has taught them the 'evils of drink' and to not get that drunk you can't remember what you did. I suspect if the police can ever track down where they bottle the bottle of booze that person is likely to go for a skate for selling to underage.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline ShannonN  
#42 Posted : 01 June 2019 16:34:38(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Vandals destroy years of work as they wreck model railway exhibits worth thousands of pounds prior to enthusiasts' annual show

https://www.standard.co....-thousands-a4145951.html

Latest News: 85k (pounds) has been raised, can't believe they let the little shits out on bail, bet they get 10 hrs community service and a slap on the wrist.. Got to ask where are the parents?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ShannonN
Offline kiwiAlan  
#43 Posted : 01 June 2019 16:57:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ShannonN Go to Quoted Post
Vandals destroy years of work as they wreck model railway exhibits worth thousands of pounds prior to enthusiasts' annual show

https://www.standard.co....-thousands-a4145951.html

Latest News: 85k (pounds) has been raised, can't believe they let the little shits out on bail, bet they get 10 hrs community service and a slap on the wrist.. Got to ask where are the parents?

ooh errr, the third thread on this. There has been quite a bit of discussion about this on the other merged threads.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#44 Posted : 02 June 2019 00:43:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Merged threads.
Offline scraigen  
#45 Posted : 02 June 2019 18:25:28(UTC)
scraigen

Is it not time to end this thread? It can't go anywhere positive!
Must build something
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by scraigen
Offline hennabm  
#46 Posted : 18 June 2019 08:26:36(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
The U.K. exhibition programme suffered a further issue during last weekend.
The Grand Central Railway event is a three day event based at the GCR preserved railway premises.

During one evening the premises were broken into and several traders and exhibitors had many thousands of pounds of stock stolen.

As someone suggested, following the events of this topic earlier this year and the wide media coverage, now every low life knows just how valuable model railways can be.

I’m due to exhibit at GCR so will be very careful as well as insured.

A sad reflection in all of what the country has come to.
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline hxmiesa  
#47 Posted : 18 June 2019 09:11:01(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
As someone suggested, following the events of this topic earlier this year and the wide media coverage, now every low life knows just how valuable model railways can be.

I would think people already knew that from "The Great Train Robbery" of the Märklin Museum some years ago. I´m still waiting for the hollywood movie version of it...

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline kiwiAlan  
#48 Posted : 18 June 2019 10:28:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
The U.K. exhibition programme suffered a further issue during last weekend.
The Grand Central Railway event is a three day event based at the GCR preserved railway premises.

During one evening the premises were broken into and several traders and exhibitors had many thousands of pounds of stock stolen.

I’m due to exhibit at GCR so will be very careful as well as insured.

A sad reflection in all of what the country has come to.

Someone mentioned this up at Ians, but I haven't seen any news items about it.

Does anyone have a link?

Offline hennabm  
#49 Posted : 18 June 2019 18:39:05(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Alan

I picked up my information from RMWeb and the exhibition threads.
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#50 Posted : 19 August 2019 18:34:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, the lads have been punished by the courts ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ne...nd-lincolnshire-49397838

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan