Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Denis  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2019 22:26:22(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Good afternoon.
I bought a model BR 03 (3097). Bought to him set of 60941 and decoder 60985. Did like the instructions: (https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/f4/4b/f44bc06cd060d8bfa9bc768605e6b79e1515411323.pdf) Soldered the red wire to the Central ski, blue and green wire to the motor through the resistance. Brown wire to ground. When you turn on the power, you hear a sound like a short circuit. Maybe there's a problem with the decoder? Confused by the brown wire. In the decoder 2. Maybe I misinterpreted the instructions. :(
If there is who will help - thank you!

IMG_0337.JPG2 (2).jpg1 (2).jpg
1_Malen'kijj.mp4 (16,626kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2019 23:20:26(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
D.A.Banks
Offline Denis  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2019 13:56:44(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: Dave Banks Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, but sorry, I can't find my decoder and circuit to it.
Offline Copenhagen  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2019 19:16:03(UTC)
Copenhagen

I can't help you with the decoder installation other than you can look in the manual and then maybe search on google for help to install decoders in maerklin trains (or "marklin trains).

I have read your other post about "help signal disappears" and it makes me sad to hear about your problems. Model railroding is supposed to be a fun hobby but there are still lots of small issues or problems that can appear. It can be things like cars that derail over and over, cars that uncouple themselves, locomotives stopping at random places etc, etc.

I started with a starter set and the included locomotive, an ÖBB diesel, had a tendency to stop because of bad connection, whereas other locomotives I bought had no problems. After the ÖBB had been used for a while and after I had cleaned the tracks it now runs very well. (About cleaning: I have tried lots of different things like petrol/gasoline, spirit, turpentine and the likes and also the track cleaning rubber and even very fine sand paper (the kind used for metal and very fine). Generally people will advice against using abrasive things like sand paper. And I've also used the lubrication method where you put a tiny bit of automatic gear oil on a few places of the tracks (both the tracks and the middle track). The trains then will spread a very thin oil film all over your circuit and that can actually ensure a steady connection everywhere. The oil method has worked well by me but I wouldn't recommend it to everybody).

What I also intended to say is that if you can afford it, it is well worth the investment to buy one or two new locomotives already equipped with sound decoders so that you can have some fun with your hobby (of course it depends a bit on how big your layout is). Hopefully you will get your decoder installed and working properly in the near future.
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 29 April 2019 21:43:56(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Please read the manual fully.

For the 6098x decoders you should be looking at the NEM colour coding as shown in the schematic at the right of pg28. The table does have a column showing the marklin norm for reference?/confusion but it is the NEM column that should be used

i.e. Brown is NOT power return, and the Motor wires are NOT Green and Blue
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Online JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2019 22:18:52(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Denis

Clapcott is correct. Colours are on page 28 of manual https://static.maerklin....8605e6b79e1515411323.pdf
- black = chassis
- red= slider
- grey = Motor connection 2
- orange = Motor connection 1
Cheers
Jean
Offline ktsolias  
#7 Posted : 29 April 2019 22:24:32(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
motor\
Gray
Orange

Pick-Up
Red

Ground
Black

You will be lucky if you have not fry the decorder...

Costas
Offline Denis  
#8 Posted : 30 April 2019 06:23:46(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
I can't help you with the decoder installation other than you can look in the manual and then maybe search on google for help to install decoders in maerklin trains (or "marklin trains).

I have read your other post about "help signal disappears" and it makes me sad to hear about your problems. Model railroding is supposed to be a fun hobby but there are still lots of small issues or problems that can appear. It can be things like cars that derail over and over, cars that uncouple themselves, locomotives stopping at random places etc, etc.

I started with a starter set and the included locomotive, an ÖBB diesel, had a tendency to stop because of bad connection, whereas other locomotives I bought had no problems. After the ÖBB had been used for a while and after I had cleaned the tracks it now runs very well. (About cleaning: I have tried lots of different things like petrol/gasoline, spirit, turpentine and the likes and also the track cleaning rubber and even very fine sand paper (the kind used for metal and very fine). Generally people will advice against using abrasive things like sand paper. And I've also used the lubrication method where you put a tiny bit of automatic gear oil on a few places of the tracks (both the tracks and the middle track). The trains then will spread a very thin oil film all over your circuit and that can actually ensure a steady connection everywhere. The oil method has worked well by me but I wouldn't recommend it to everybody).

What I also intended to say is that if you can afford it, it is well worth the investment to buy one or two new locomotives already equipped with sound decoders so that you can have some fun with your hobby (of course it depends a bit on how big your layout is). Hopefully you will get your decoder installed and working properly in the near future.

Thank you! Yes you are right hobby is very addictive. Laid out with his son on the floor and half the room is occupied. My wife is not very positive about our passion and I'm afraid buying a new locomotive will upset her and she will want to throw everything :) Thank you for the offer of lubrication, I will deal with this later, it is necessary to finish with the locomotive. Thank you!
Offline Denis  
#9 Posted : 30 April 2019 06:27:07(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Please read the manual fully.

For the 6098x decoders you should be looking at the NEM colour coding as shown in the schematic at the right of pg28. The table does have a column showing the marklin norm for reference?/confusion but it is the NEM column that should be used

i.e. Brown is NOT power return, and the Motor wires are NOT Green and Blue

Thank you for your help. Your current decoder I probably already ruined ) because I connected according to the scheme of Marklin. Thanks anyway!
Offline Denis  
#10 Posted : 30 April 2019 06:28:47(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Denis

Clapcott is correct. Colours are on page 28 of manual https://static.maerklin....8605e6b79e1515411323.pdf
- black = chassis
- red= slider
Cheers
Jean

Hi Jean! Thank you for your help. Your current decoder I probably already ruined ) because I connected according to the scheme of Marklin. Thanks anyway!
Offline Denis  
#11 Posted : 30 April 2019 06:33:51(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
motor\
Gray
Orange

Pick-Up
Red

Ground
Black

You will be lucky if you have not fry the decorder...

Costas

Hi Costas!
I'm not lucky :) of Course he fried ))) Ordered a new ) I misunderstood the table with the colors of the wires. Well, I'll be more cleverly next time )
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 30 April 2019 22:19:22(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post

Hello Copenhagen
hello Denis,

for cleaning C-tracks here is a interesting thread at marklin-users.net with very good tips.

https://www.marklin-user...ack-center-stud-cleaning

and the Märklin pukos

https://www.marklin-user...n-t-the-pukos-made-of-SS

Best regards

TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#13 Posted : 30 April 2019 22:23:07(UTC)
TEEWolf

deleted because of double post transfering
Offline waltklatt  
#14 Posted : 02 May 2019 21:06:05(UTC)
waltklatt

United States   
Denis,
See you put permenant magnet there, so your small brown round resister is not needed. Remove and leave the two green resistors in place.
This should help, since you already followed the instructions.
Think this is your problem.
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 03 May 2019 09:22:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: waltklatt Go to Quoted Post
See you put permenant magnet there, so your small brown round resister is not needed.
This is a capacitor. It comes with the new motor shield and it is the one that should stay in place.

Remove and leave the two green resistors in place.
The green "resistors" are inductors or chokes.

Think this is your problem.
Messing up the cable colours is the real problem. The capacitors and chokes shown are all fine. The blank wires at the chokes are a potential problem when the loco body is put back.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Denis  
#16 Posted : 13 May 2019 16:25:17(UTC)
Denis

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: Denis Go to Quoted Post
Good afternoon.
I bought a model BR 03 (3097). Bought to him set of 60941 and decoder 60985. Did like the instructions: (https://static.maerklin.de/damcontent/f4/4b/f44bc06cd060d8bfa9bc768605e6b79e1515411323.pdf) Soldered the red wire to the Central ski, blue and green wire to the motor through the resistance. Brown wire to ground. When you turn on the power, you hear a sound like a short circuit. Maybe there's a problem with the decoder? Confused by the brown wire. In the decoder 2. Maybe I misinterpreted the instructions. :(
If there is who will help - thank you!

IMG_0337.JPG2 (2).jpg1 (2).jpg
1_Malen'kijj.mp4 (16,626kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

Hi, everybody.
Came a new decoder 60985. Connected according to the scheme:
- black = chassis
- red= slider

It's working! BigGrin
Thank you all very much for your help!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Denis