Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#101 Posted : 20 October 2018 09:09:51(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Of course they were painted green to match other cars.
Of course they were painted blue or red at first, as they were used for F trains. The green paint came later for some of them when they ended up in local trains. Some were red until they went out of service in the ’80s.

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
So it is possible that the 1928 Rheingold cars could be seen post-war but mixed with other cars, and not in any formation.
Yes. But I assume there was only a rather small time-frame (still a few years) when they could be seen in the original pre-war livery. Good for era IIIa.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline alistairiancampbell  
#102 Posted : 01 December 2018 13:53:12(UTC)
alistairiancampbell

I was looking at getting one - and they were sold out on all the shops - and then the shops started getting extra stock. I assumed it was because some people reserved them and couldn't pay. I then managed to get one through Lippe, and thanks to the premium membership discount, and saving up all of my store points, I managed to get it for less than $1000 AUD, which meant that I didn't have to pay import tax.

It's an absolutely beautiful kit, and it and my Orient Express do get most of the running around my layout.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by alistairiancampbell
Offline QQQ1970  
#103 Posted : 16 December 2018 15:58:07(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
I recently upgraded CS3 software. I now see 18527 lok image but I don't see Rheingold car image. Does anyone see one or am I missing something?
Offline QQQ1970  
#104 Posted : 14 April 2019 15:52:48(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Any update?
Offline TEEWolf  
#105 Posted : 14 April 2019 18:36:03(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post
I recently upgraded CS3 software. I now see 18527 lok image but I don't see Rheingold car image. Does anyone see one or am I missing something?

Why do you not adding the loco image you want to your CS 3 by yourself? See page 11 in the CS 3 manual.

https://www.maerklin.de/...NUAL_CS3_DE-EN_17-02.pdf
CS 3 is a controlling station from Märklin - not a central station.
Offline QQQ1970  
#106 Posted : 15 April 2019 00:06:57(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Done
Offline TEEWolf  
#107 Posted : 15 April 2019 00:29:41(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Done

Sounds like another marklin-users.net member is happy with its CS 3.BigGrin ThumpUp
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#108 Posted : 15 April 2019 03:41:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like another marklin-users.net member is happy......

I think it is probably best to stop using the term 'MUN', as this abbreviation is also used for 'Model United Nations' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_United_Nations

While Juhan would definitely qualify to hold the United Nations General Secretary role, it is best not to confuse marklin-users.net with the United Nations.
Offline TEEWolf  
#109 Posted : 16 April 2019 17:22:41(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like another marklin-users.net member is happy......

I think it is probably best to stop using the term 'MUN', as this abbreviation is also used for 'Model United Nations' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_United_Nations

While Juhan would definitely qualify to hold the United Nations General Secretary role, it is best not to confuse marklin-users.net with the United Nations.

??? Confused Confused Confused ???
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#110 Posted : 16 April 2019 17:56:25(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Although one could say that märklin-users.net has indeed "united" many nations under its umbrella...

I have heard of The Model United Nations, and in fact my dear Financial Director participated in a version of this in high school as well as "Girls' State" which involved attending some State Legislature sessions (Colorado US) - and I think it did have an effect on her "vision" of politics...

Perhaps we could say:

m-u.n ?Wink

Jimmy

p.s. - Lisa Simpson and some of her classmates also had a version of this:
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Model_U.N._Club

p.p.s. sorry for drifting off topic from Das Rheingold...back to it!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline TEEWolf  
#111 Posted : 16 April 2019 18:44:56(UTC)
TEEWolf

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Although one could say that märklin-users.net has indeed "united" many nations under its umbrella...

I have heard of The Model United Nations, and in fact my dear Financial Director participated in a version of this in high school as well as "Girls' State" which involved attending some State Legislature sessions (Colorado US) - and I think it did have an effect on her "vision" of politics...

Perhaps we could say:

m-u.n ?Wink

Jimmy

p.s. - Lisa Simpson and some of her classmates also had a version of this:
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Model_U.N._Club

p.p.s. sorry for drifting off topic from Das Rheingold...back to it!

I think, not you drifted off topic. It was BD New Zealand.

The post is in blue text, which means I'm speaking as a Moderator which means I'm quite entitled to go off topic. It also means I'm asking you to do something and I'm not expecting any argument in return....(Sorry if you think I'm being too blunt) /BDNZ

I do not understand him, e.g. take CAN and see it at Wikipedia "CAN may refer to:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN

Even at our marklin-users.net.club well know "CAN bus" is on this list.Blink Smile

Edited by moderator 17 April 2019 02:51:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline dickinsonj  
#112 Posted : 17 April 2019 01:58:01(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Even at our marklin-users.net.club well know "CAN bus" is on this list.Blink Smile

April the first is over, right? BigGrin

I can make this even uglier still, if anyone cares to listen. Cool

The whole Märklin digital (or any other flavor of digital) MRR control system is actually a CAN bus. Where the CS or ECoS or PC is the controller and the area is the layout and individual decoders and the bus is the track. That CAN bus is supported by Märklin electronics which are organized into a lower level CAN bus consisting of a controller(CS#) and repeaters(boosters) and a network (terminals) to provide the overall system functionality.

Maybe we could just talk about our amazing model trains and the cool stuff that we can do with their digital controls - perhaps we could even discuss the Rheingold #26928. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
I have models from Era I to Era VI, but I try to focus on Eras I & III. Whoops, that one got away from me. Let's just say I focus on cool trains, regardless of the particulars :-)
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Webmaster  
#113 Posted : 17 April 2019 18:12:33(UTC)
Webmaster

<Off-topic>

I completely understand that the site name takes a bit longer to type and wears out your keyboard, so abbreviations are a natural thing to invent...

MUN is in upper case letters, and has nothing to do with marklin-users.net, m-users or even marklin-users.net since the site name does not use upper case letters neither in the logo nor the site title...

So technically and grammatically marklin-users.net is actually completely wrong in all ways... Only the spelling is "somewhat ok"... BigGrin

Maybe the official short form for the forum name should be m-u.n c|F... BigGrin RollEyes LOL

</Off-topic>

Now back to the Rheingold model topic... Smile
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline QQQ1970  
#114 Posted : 15 October 2019 03:33:04(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Lately when I turn on CS3, the lights on the Rheingold cars flash once briefly even when the lights are off. Looks like there is electrical charge on the cars. How to fix it?
Offline supermoee  
#115 Posted : 22 October 2019 11:42:02(UTC)
supermoee

probably it's caused by the fact thast initially the decoder is interprating the start tension on the track as analogue and it is switching on the light. Afterwards it recognizes that the tension is digital and it switsches the lights back off. I would try 2 attemps in the decoder programmation:

- modify the "function on" mapping on analogue operation by setting the light function on off

or

- switch off the analogue recognition of the decoder

rgds

Stephan
Offline michelvr  
#116 Posted : 22 October 2019 15:31:03(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Lately when I turn on CS3, the lights on the Rheingold cars flash once briefly even when the lights are off. Looks like there is electrical charge on the cars. How to fix it?

Hello!BigGrin

Remember at Rogers operating session he had sections of sidings where he had a kill switch to turn off the track power. I think that is a good way of preventing what happened to your Rheingold car set. The sections where the power is off will prevent this from happening. As we know from experience leaving all the “consumers of power, ie locomotives” on the tracks can be potentially risky. Especially when you turn on you command station you might get a spike of current causing the decoder to fail, potentially! It's a good idea to have sections of you layout where you engines can be turned off from the power.

Doesn't hurt to design this power shutoff on sidings and who know it might help in protecting the delicate decoders!

Comments welcome.
Offline QQQ1970  
#117 Posted : 22 October 2019 17:46:40(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Thanks Michel. The lights didn't flash when I took delivery. It only happened recently so I wonder if there is an electrical charge in the cars that caused the issue. My other cars don't have the same problem.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by QQQ1970
Offline kiwiAlan  
#118 Posted : 22 October 2019 23:39:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Thanks Michel. The lights didn't flash when I took delivery. It only happened recently so I wonder if there is an electrical charge in the cars that caused the issue. My other cars don't have the same problem.

I think it is more likely that an update to the cs3 has made a subtle change ot the way it turns the track power on.

Offline QQQ1970  
#119 Posted : 23 October 2019 00:33:21(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Bit it doesn't affect my other cars on the same layout.