Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#51 Posted : 06 September 2017 18:00:28(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
I am sure there was a similar thread to this a couple of years ago with some wonderful suggestions. As well as the Beyer Garrett I would like to see;

Anything from Trix Fine Art range in a more affordable model especially KPEV class EG507 and T18 steam loco and BR T16, and DRG H45 Turbine Steam Locomotive, and E Lok ES 6 Halle der K.P.E.V.

A proper version of the ICE 2 with up to date electronics and sound

Diesel version of ICE

Retooling and update of Berlin S-Bahn (the tin plate version was for me nasty)

Re-issue of the TEE Ram with full sound, lights and world of operation decoder

Diesel railcar VT 137 "Stettin"

Diesel Railcar BR 650

Any big steam loco modified for WWII (I know this is against M policy but we can dream)

East Germany's Open Cast Mine Crocodiles (not sure of model number)

BR103 in Touristik livery and/or Rail Adventure livery

BR103 in Rhiengold livery like the one in Nuremberg DB Museum

E95

Class 33 electric

BR 181.2

Voith Gravita 15 (Class 265?)

Voith Maxima

V320

Class 66 Diesel

Class 77 Diesel

VT11 in blue and ivory inter city livery

V200 in green Reuschling der Brohltalbahn livery

V270 in construction yellow as part of a railway construction/maintenance set

BR711 Overhead maintenance unit

New tooling S3/6 - BR 18.4

BR98 tank loco

Streamlined BR06

BR 02 steam loco

P4 of the K.P.E.V era

Steam loco BR FC 719

Steam loco S6

Henschel-Zoelly turbine tender T38-3255

Henschel-Schmidt H17-206

Schwarzkopff H02-1001

BR16 steam loco

OBB BR 19.1 steam loco

ÖBB 5145 - Blauer Blitz railcar

OBB Rh 2045 Diesel

OBB Rh 1044 or 1042 or 1142

NS Electrical railcar "Plan V"

NS Bison Railcar

NS Koplopper in KLM livery

First Generation TGV in orange livery

Ae 6/8 BLS

Ae 4/4 BLS

Ae 8/8 BLS

SBB De 4/4

SBB Be 4/6

SBB BDe 4/4

SBB Ae 4/7

SBB GTW 2/6 or GTW 2/8 Thurbo VI

SBB Domino railcar

OBB Railjet set (I know Roco have cornered the market on this livery, but I think M could do a better version ???)

For USA I am sure some modern diesel units would be popular

Would also be great if M made a rack and pinion / cog loco like Fleischmann did in 70's & 80's for steep gradients

and like to see the SEH 800 reissued maybe as a Blue Box 'special' item

Not a loco but would love to see them make TWINDEXX Vario Double Deck coaches as well issued as a set with interior lights conductor couplings etc

If you looking at British locos then it would have to be an all metal body version of the Deltic Diesel

Oh wow I need to go and lie down now

have you won in the lottery ?

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline kiwiAlan  
#52 Posted : 06 September 2017 19:02:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Moved topic from 'News from Marklin' forum to 'General MRR', as this thread contains anything and everything except actual news from Marklin!

Ah, well, lets fix that ... (the news from Marklin bit that is) ...

If anyone downloaded the Trix fall NI, in the minitrix section is a new item for delivery in 2018, catalog number 16289, Br218 469-5. The prototype is painted with a garish picture on the side as it is a private owner loco, and it also has a figure on the cab side of 'Betty Boom' reminiscent of WW2 aircraft 'Nose Art'. I fully expect this to be announced in Trix and Marklin HO in the 2018 NI.

The prototype loco will be at the IMA.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Webmaster  
#53 Posted : 06 September 2017 19:50:16(UTC)
Webmaster

I'd love to see some great US streamlined locos like the Commodore Vanderbildt and others from that era...
The Vanderbildt was made by M in "ancient times", and a detailed contemporary model would be welcome in my home... Cool
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline danmarklinman  
#54 Posted : 06 September 2017 22:08:09(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
I'd love to see some great US streamlined locos like the Commodore Vanderbildt and others from that era...
The Vanderbildt was made by M in "ancient times", and a detailed contemporary model would be welcome in my home... Cool

A few years back, they made it in Z, but it's never reappeared again😯
https://www.google.co.uk...60#imgrc=HCxEt8fQV7DJ-M:
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline dickinsonj  
#55 Posted : 08 September 2017 01:32:42(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I would love to see that also Juhan - any of those would be quite welcome in my home as well. BigGrin

There are so many good choices of American streamliners which Märklin could chose from to model. Other candidates might be the Daylights, The Broadway Limited, the 20th Century Limited or the Powhatan Arrow (Check out the N&W Class J #611 - one of the most beautiful steam locos of all time and the pinnacle of steam in the US: http://fireup611.org/ ).

There are many more out there besides the ones that I have mentioned, but I just don't see Märklin investing in American models right now. Then again they built the UP Challenger last year and after 6 months of saying that I didn't need it, I snapped one up this spring. Wow - what a beauty and such an amazing addition to my layout. Cool

Obviously I would also buy a streamliner like that in a heartbeat if they offered it, so when Märklin holds back, it saves me money. The budget committee is pleased! BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline foumaro  
#56 Posted : 08 September 2017 08:08:09(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
There is always budget for a great USA streamlined steamer from marklin.Love LOL BigGrin ThumpUp
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline Goofy  
#57 Posted : 08 September 2017 09:31:19(UTC)
Goofy

BR 78

Preussen
DRG
DB
SNCF

New tool with new motor and smoke generator.
Cab lighting
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Minok  
#58 Posted : 08 September 2017 22:27:42(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Getting out of their normal space:

1) Transrapid (can run on a raised system of k-track embedded...)
2) Trams/U-Bahn models of the 1960-2000 era. (also drives the need for an embedded track with concrete between the rails)
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Leitner  
#59 Posted : 10 September 2017 00:09:49(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
I would love to see an IC3 or an JT 42BW in Israel Railways color scheme... Maybe with the double decker coach which Marklin already produce.... But I assume it's just wishful thinking :)
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)
Offline NS1200  
#60 Posted : 10 September 2017 08:55:35(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Would love to see a Japanese Shinkansen 0 type,the first series from 1964,recently retired from the Japanese network.
Chances remote i would say.

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline DamonKelly  
#61 Posted : 10 September 2017 10:56:18(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Would love to see a Japanese Shinkansen 0 type,the first series from 1964,recently retired from the Japanese network.
Chances remote i would say.

Zoukei-Mura make a Shinkansen Series 0 in H0 Scale:

It's 2-rail (DCC), though.

See my album.

Also this post and this one.
Cheers,
Damon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DamonKelly
Offline NS1200  
#62 Posted : 10 September 2017 11:26:03(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Thanks,Demon.

Yeah,i knew that some make them in Japan.

This topic is about new Marklin models so my suggestion is for a full metal AC Marklin model.

Again,i consider it unlikely Marklin would enter the Japanese market,but dreaming is allowed,right?

This was a truly increadible train in 1964,overhere we had nothing like it which could even come near it,the French had their speedrecord in 1955 with a conventional electric loco,the Germans had their E03 electric loco for 200 km/h in the mid sixties,and the Dutch were ploughing along at 120 km/h with electric loco's and coaches.
And then this plane on wheels on a specially constructed track,in a rather conservative country.
The enginedrivers look like elite pilots,the stationguards wearing white gloves,when is the 5 star hotel departing?
Of all the Shinkansen versions,i like the first the most,this Zero version,it is the most pure of all.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline DamonKelly  
#63 Posted : 11 September 2017 11:22:16(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Yeah,i knew that some make them in Japan.

This topic is about new Marklin models so my suggestion is for a full metal AC Marklin model.

Again,i consider it unlikely Marklin would enter the Japanese market,but dreaming is allowed,right?

I understood. I just thought you might find these interesting.
Yes, I would love a full metal Märklin version as well. ThumpUp

Of all the Shinkansen versions,i like the first the most,this Zero version,it is the most pure of all.

I agree 100%
Cheers,
Damon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DamonKelly
Offline TrainMan55  
#64 Posted : 02 May 2018 22:58:56(UTC)
TrainMan55

Italy   
This is a small list of the loco I'd like to see in Maerklin production:

-New Big Boy
-Any type of big Garratt type
-Southern Pacific Cab Forward
-Union Pacific gas turbine:
The Veranda type B+B-B+B
UP 50 GTEL "Big Blow" (C-C)+(C-C)
Offline dickinsonj  
#65 Posted : 03 May 2018 00:58:46(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: TrainMan55 Go to Quoted Post
This is a small list of the loco I'd like to see in Maerklin production:

-New Big Boy
-Any type of big Garratt type
-Southern Pacific Cab Forward
-Union Pacific gas turbine:
The Veranda type B+B-B+B
UP 50 GTEL "Big Blow" (C-C)+(C-C)

Interesting choices - I would particularly like to see a cab forward loco or a UP gas turbine. I think that there may be a new Big Boy next year to commemorate the return of 4014 to operation for the 150th anniversary of the US transcontinental railroad.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline mike c  
#66 Posted : 03 May 2018 03:54:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here are a few possibilities for Maerklin to consider:

I would have said SBB Ae 4/7, but the Piko model seems to have filled that void.

So, here goes:

Budd RDC (Set of two) (My preference would be CN or CP) but US models would probably be well received too.
CP FP9 with The Canadian. Rapido Trains sold out there production at over $1500 per set, so why couldn't Maerklin?

I guess that there are other "Transcontinental" trains from US railroads that could be offered in the same manner.

I am really a product of the post steam generation, so I have little interest in older locomotives.

As all future models will be of the Traxx/Eurosprinter families, I would have to say more models with a little more detail and better innards would be of interest to me. For example,
There was something special about the models in the 70s and 80s when the locomotive had milled lighting channels which focused the beams so they looked like headlight beams and not just unfocused light.
So, bring on a non-hobby Traxx, Taurus or Vectron., but please do it right without shortcuts like the 37446.

If I want a Lok and Maerklin won't make it or only makes a Hobby model, then Roco, Piko, LSM, ACME, etc will get my money and I would prefer Maerklin if they did it right.

This year, Maerklin is bringing the Ae 6/6 back as a historic model. I would like to see a model from around 1972, with the falschfahrlicht, but already with darker grey undercarriage and black buffers.
and my final want is a Re 4/4II in the original livery from 1969 to 1972 with silver roof.

Regards

Mike C
Offline jerdenberg  
#67 Posted : 03 May 2018 10:32:29(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
A 1950s Union Pacific E8/E9 would be nice (with appropriate streamlined equipment to match). Somewhat like the "museum version" in the video:

Jeroen

Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jerdenberg
Offline TrainMan55  
#68 Posted : 03 May 2018 22:56:05(UTC)
TrainMan55

Italy   
I agree with jerdenberg; I like very much almost all the Union Pacific steam and diesel locos, particularly the bigger ones and the technically advanced ones, and their passenger cars.
I've seen there are a lot of them made from the US model train companies, but I think and hope Marklin can do a better and interesting product
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TrainMan55
Offline DaleSchultz  
#69 Posted : 03 May 2018 23:00:05(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
My guess is that we will see a model of the steam loco that they are pulling out of the Rhine this year.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline dickinsonj  
#70 Posted : 04 May 2018 01:31:17(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: jerdenberg Go to Quoted Post
A 1950s Union Pacific E8/E9 would be nice (with appropriate streamlined equipment to match). Somewhat like the "museum version"...

Jeroen

Yeah - that would fit with their museum theme and that is a beautiful trail. I hope to see that train at the big celebration next year - UP has some outstanding heritage locos and they keep them in amazing condition. Cool

If Märklin would make some North American coaches other than those Budd beauties, they could assemble some really nice trains. AFAIK though they have never modeled any N/A coaches but the Budd stainless ones and I wonder if they ever will. I also wonder if they would ever update their ancient F/E EMD locos with newer drivetrains and correct details for something other than an F7. The engines on my CZ are not absolutely correct - the WP A-unit was an F7 as Märklin modeled it but the two B-units were normally from the original F3 consists, which differed in details.

How about when that same coach set was first pulled by DRG&W using ALCO locos? D&RWG's first motive power for the Zephyr was an A-B-A set of ALCO PAs/PBs. Now that would make an amazing train. Märklin has the molds except for the B-unit to assemble that train without doing anything new but the paint. Cool

They would have a definite purchase from me if they ever do any new N/A passenger trains!. Here's hoping - but not holding my breath. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline jerdenberg  
#71 Posted : 04 May 2018 10:27:04(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Yeah - that would fit with their museum theme and that is a beautiful trail. I hope to see that train at the big celebration next year - UP has some outstanding heritage locos and they keep them in amazing condition.

Yes! And it should include FEF 844!

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jerdenberg
Offline dickinsonj  
#72 Posted : 04 May 2018 13:41:28(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: jerdenberg Go to Quoted Post

Yes! And it should include FEF 844!

Jeroen

UP has already announced that both 844 and 4014 will be at the 150 anniversary celebration in May of next year. They hope to have the Big Boy running by early in 2019 so it can be tested out and ready to go. 844 runs pretty much every year and they keep it in excellent condition. Their 3985 Challenger is currently waiting a complete rebuild once they are finished restoring 4014.

That should be a fun event - maybe Märklin will want to help celebrate it with some special models! Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#73 Posted : 04 May 2018 15:12:54(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   

I agree. Its a bit funky, but a for sure classic, and would compliment the GG1's well. Also, some other good reasons for Marklin to tool this:

- Should be strong trix demand for the model
- The drivetrain is also the classic J1E and J3 Hudsons, so they can do those as well without the streamlining.

The bad news- no cars are available, and Marklin really couldn't get more than the one use out of the tooling for them
SBB Era 2-5
Offline kiwiAlan  
#74 Posted : 04 May 2018 18:45:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

The bad news- no cars are available, and Marklin really couldn't get more than the one use out of the tooling for them

Oh, I doubt that, a Coca-Cola train, a ... BigGrin

I'm sure they could come up with some other fantasy ones ... BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Offline Mark_1602  
#75 Posted : 04 May 2018 21:18:12(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi,

Here's an obvious and realistic choice that Märklin may never have thought of:

the Danish MX (Nohab) diesel

Märklin has been selling the MY since 1964, so why not make the MX as well? It's quite similar to the MY, so designing it wouldn't be very difficult. Many of these locos have been sold to other countries, especially Sweden, so it wouldn't be for Denmark only. The MX has had many different liveries in and outside Denmark, so Märklin could sell numerous versions. Why not?

Best regards,

Mark

Edited by user 15 September 2018 02:51:46(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline TrainMan55  
#76 Posted : 04 May 2018 23:27:01(UTC)
TrainMan55

Italy   
I also would like to add to my list:
-UP E8/E9
-UP FEF 3,
-Triplex 2-8-8-8-2
and even if they are not a loco, I think that a couple of UP Water Tenders in yellow and gray colors would very interesting to add to a Challenger or Big Boy, with good contrast.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TrainMan55
Offline mgbeck_98  
#77 Posted : 14 September 2018 16:57:48(UTC)
mgbeck_98

United States   
The Union Pacific Big Boy numbered 4014.

Offline dickinsonj  
#78 Posted : 15 September 2018 00:52:59(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: mgbeck_98 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah - that seems like a no brainer to me with the 4014 running within the next year. There really is very little that could be added to the latest Big Boy models from Märklin anyway, and very little development costs would be incurred, since they were so fully featured to start with.

I have had a 4013 Big Boy for almost 18 years now and it might need a younger brother to keep it company among all of my European trains. So this one gets my top pick for a special loco as well. Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline Mark_1602  
#79 Posted : 15 September 2018 03:09:09(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   

Hi,

Märkln has already done that one. It was released in a slightly weathered version (37995) back in summer 2013. On the other hand, museum locos that are restored often look slightly different from what they did originally. For example, the German 01 519 now features a Märklin logo, and the rebuilt 01 150 (which had become the victim of a fire) has changed its look more than once in the last 50 years.

I don't know if UP will make any minor changes to the appearance of the 4014 Big Boy, but if they do, Märklin could release an updated version. Why not?

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline klarinettmeister  
#80 Posted : 15 September 2018 20:35:27(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Mark_1602 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Märkln has already done that one. It was released in a slightly weathered version (37995) back in summer 2013. On the other hand, museum locos that are restored often look slightly different from what they did originally. For example, the German 01 519 now features a Märklin logo, and the rebuilt 01 150 (which had become the victim of a fire) has changed its look more than once in the last 50 years.

I don't know if UP will make any minor changes to the appearance of the 4014 Big Boy, but if they do, Märklin could release an updated version. Why not?

Best regards,

Mark

No thanks! I already have all models of the 7 different numbered models that Märklin has released. i can´t afford a 8th big Boy. DSC_1281.JPG
I still want the Swedish X2000 with tiling mechanism. BigGrin
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline steventrain  
#81 Posted : 15 September 2018 20:50:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I already have the 37995 Big boy Running number 4014 in weathered edition.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline franciscohg  
#82 Posted : 15 September 2018 23:14:42(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Beyer Garrett locomotives were used around the world on different gauges. I would love to see Marklin make a standard gauge version of one of these impressive locos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt

A Garrat is without a doubt a wonderful engine which belongs into the catalog of any MRR maker
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline DTaylor91  
#83 Posted : 16 September 2018 00:05:56(UTC)
DTaylor91

Well, since we're all picking our favorites, I will submit this one, which would work well with Märklin's theme of doing museum locomotives:

Southern Railway Ps4 1401

The Southern Railway (US) Ps4 Pacific, road number 1401, which is currently housed in the Smithsonian.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by DTaylor91
Offline dickinsonj  
#84 Posted : 16 September 2018 00:48:29(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Beyer Garrett locomotives were used around the world on different gauges. I would love to see Marklin make a standard gauge version of one of these impressive locos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt

A Garrat is without a doubt a wonderful engine which belongs into the catalog of any MRR maker
Regards

I will add my vote for a Garratt as well because they are so unique and yet they were widely used around the world. I do fear that the chances of Märklin modelling one are not good however.

A Southern Pacific 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward would be a worthy locomotive to model as well. Cool
Regards,
Jim

Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#85 Posted : 10 November 2020 23:29:31(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Everyone ,
Is this tread still alive, have seen some interesting engines on people wish lists but somehow ( surprising to me ) nobody mentioned those:
- Kaiser Wilhelm Zug with updated ( revamped )
lighting and sound.
- Swiss Kittel steam car
- Swiss Glass locomotive plus 4-5 appropriate cars ( I am sick of Bavarian version )
- BBÖ Class 310 with metal body and motor in boiler plus sound ( Roco is plastic junk with shaft from tender to boiler and falling parts )
- DRG BR 19.1 ( Ex.Pt 31 ) Prettier then DRG BR01
- KPEV S10 Revamped and updated ( old Marklin S 10 is a pig )
- SBB Ae 4/7
- SBB Re 450 plus whole 6 DCC cars set

My Bests,
Märklineisenbahn
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn