Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2016 11:03:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Does anyone know what the part number for the contact that goes in the coupling pocket on the 42755 Orient Express coach set is (see photo)

Coach Fitting.jpg

Unfortunately (as you can see) I have some mangled ones, and the setup is entirely different, because these are Trix originated coach designs, to how Marklin do it. I expect the blue set that came out last year have the same system.

I'm up for buying a packet of them, as I also have a couple of coaches in the Trix version of the add-on set to convert, using the E series part number, if only I can find it out. I have emailed service at Marklin and got an automated reply, but no information as yet.
Offline waorb  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2016 14:06:06(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello!

Maybe the ones described here?
(Anleitungen - page 11)

https://static.maerklin....6b89efa24a1434542408.pdf

Link came from the m* main page

http://www.maerklin.de/d...e/details/article/42755/

I also found the part number E22061000 but don't have an image of it to see if it's the right one...
(Ersatzteilliste)

Cheers,

Walter
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2016 14:33:27(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

Maybe the ones described here?
(Anleitungen - page 11)

https://static.maerklin....6b89efa24a1434542408.pdf

Link came from the m* main page

http://www.maerklin.de/d...e/details/article/42755/
/quote]

No, those are the couplings supplied with the set to couple the coaches together. The problem is that in putting those into the coupling pockets it is very easy to bend and mangle the mating contact piece, which is what is in my photo.

I also found the part number E22061000 but don't have an image of it to see if it's the right one...
(Ersatzteilliste)

Cheers,

Walter

OK, thanks for the pointer, I'll try and see what that part number gives me.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 05 September 2016 19:08:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

(Ersatzteilliste)

Cheers,

Walter

For the future reference of anyone searching the forum for similar information, E22061000 is the part number Marklin have given me for these contact pieces. Apparently they come in a pack of two, i.e. enough to repair one coach.

[edit]
This is not the part needed, that part number is for the plastic coupler pocket.

Edited by user 07 October 2016 18:30:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ross  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2016 00:39:27(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Alan/All,

Thanks for the spare part number. I have had this problem and have managed to fix them in the past but it's good to know what the spare part number is. I have added this information to my article on a LED light upgrade for the Orient Express which some people might find interesting. It can be found on my Tips page.

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

For the future reference of anyone searching the forum for similar information, E22061000 is indeed the part number Marklin have given me for these contact pieces. Apparently they come in a pack of two, i.e. enough to repair one coach.

Ross
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 07 October 2016 18:41:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Update, just edited the post above - the part number Marklin gave me is for the plastic coupler pocket!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

E22061000.jpg
Offline Ross  
#7 Posted : 08 October 2016 00:03:34(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Alan,

Thanks for the update I have updated my article to reflect this correction. Please inform us when you have obtained the correct number for the contact part. Doing battle with Marklin is very frustrating. Cursing

Update, just edited the post above - the part number Marklin gave me is for the plastic coupler pocket!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Ross
Offline dickinsonj  
#8 Posted : 08 October 2016 02:04:18(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Ross Go to Quoted Post
Doing battle with Marklin is very frustrating. Cursing

Yes - I agree. Although with part number help from people on this forum and persistent searching I have been able to find all of the parts that I need to maintain my Märklin locos.

Admittedly I have waited from 6-12 months at times but in the long run someone has always had what I needed. Sometimes a special order from a dealer (shout out for AJC Kids) or a German Ebay seller. Be persistent - it will work out eventually.

Edited by user 08 October 2016 15:49:42(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 13 October 2016 17:44:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, I have now had another answer from Marklin, apologising for giving me the wrong part number, and now saying the correct part number is E13280315.

I am going to wait a couple of days before ordering as they asked where I bought the previous parts from, and I think they might be going to supply me some gratis. So I'll wait and see if they appear on my order.

Offline eduard71  
#10 Posted : 13 October 2016 18:24:55(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi Allan,
As I can see in your photos, your connectors are not mangled but bent. I had the same problem in my Orient Express but I was able to fix the conducting connector using a set of mini pliers to unbent them and now they work just fine. After that I used current conducting couplers so it will be no necessary to connect and disconnect conducting bars that comes with this train.
Your problem is common on all Trix coaches with current conductors, I have had this problem also in my King Ludwig set and on some other Trix coache.

Regards

Eduardo
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 13 October 2016 22:29:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Allan,
As I can see in your photos, your connectors are not mangled but bent. I had the same problem in my Orient Express but I was able to fix the conducting connector using a set of mini pliers to unbent them and now they work just fine. After that I used current conducting couplers so it will be no necessary to connect and disconnect conducting bars that comes with this train.
Your problem is common on all Trix coaches with current conductors, I have had this problem also in my King Ludwig set and on some other Trix coache.

Regards

Eduardo

Yes, I expect to straighten these ones and fit conducting couplers.

However I also have a couple of matching Trix coaches that I want to fit with conducting couplers to attach to the Marklin coaches. To do this I need to fit these bits to the coupler pockets on the Trix coaches as they are arranged for each coach to do its own pick up of power.

I think what I will end up doing is a picture tutorial of how this is done as part of this thread once I have the pieces.

Offline dickinsonj  
#12 Posted : 14 October 2016 00:54:39(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I think what I will end up doing is a picture tutorial of how this is done as part of this thread once I have the pieces.

Great idea!

I am looking forward to seeing that, as I have many coaches that were not built for CC couplers and I want to add them.

It would be great to lose all of those sliders and I can't handle naked wires strung between coaches.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.