Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#51 Posted : 05 May 2013 01:19:12(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Sony,

I managed to find it = / like you wrote by first changing view from en => de and then I renamed my locos that needed this /. After that I changed the view (language) back from de => en . Without your kind help I wouldn't have found it ever Wink .

Then I tought that it would be finally a good time to rename ALL my around 90 Delta or Digital locos in my CS2 (almost three sides of locos and 30 locos per page).... I did this after Finland-Slovakia Ice Hockey World Cup 2013 game which Finland won 2-0.... Yes!!! ThumpUp

I wanted my locos to be easy to find, arranged by their type first (D = Diesel, E = Electric and S = Steam loco). After that the country's railway code and epoche like: DB, DRG, K.Bay.Sts.B., SBB, SNCF, SNCB, ÖBB, CFL, NSB, SJ etc. Then after that the loco type and it's Märklin model number like BR 85 007 (3709). After that loco Digital address like , 7 .

So like this:

S DB BR 85 007 (3709), 7 or E DB E40 072 (29855), 40 or D DB V60 706 (37650), 65 . Now they are sorted by their type (D, E or S) and their country and after that the loco type (BR 81, BR 85, BR 86 or BR 96 for example). This took much time but was worth it. In some loco names I included their decoder type like "6080", "6090", "6090x" or "ESU..." to remember which are converted afterwards and with what decoder. Also some factory Delta locos got word "Delta" in their names.

Cheers,
Janne

Edited by user 05 May 2013 13:43:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline chrisisrang  
#52 Posted : 21 May 2013 13:48:52(UTC)
chrisisrang

Hi!

I bought a 21-Pin Loksound V4 M4 decoder a couple of days back to upgrade my HAG Ae 6/6 locomotive. I was able to install the 21-pin PCB successfully. The locomotive runs perfectly when I use an older Loksound V3 M4 decoder. However, for some reason my Mobile Station 2 (60653) refuses to recognize the Loksound V4 M4 decoder. Has anyone had similar issue with Loksound V4 M4 decoder and Marklin Mobile Station?

I have tried to re-program the decoder a few times loading the sound project all over again but without much success. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
Online H0  
#53 Posted : 21 May 2013 14:59:18(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Which software version does your MS2 have? Early versions implement mfx incorrectly (ESU V3 work despite the incorrect implementation, ESU V4 do not).

According to ESU FAQ, the track format processor should have version 1.39 (not version 0.00). IIRC version 1.39 came with MS2 version 1.81.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline chrisisrang  
#54 Posted : 21 May 2013 15:53:26(UTC)
chrisisrang

Hi!Tom,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. My MS 60653 has SW V1.3, LDB V 009 (10/2). How can I update the SW on my #60653? If there a way to update other than connecting it to the Central Station? Many thanks for your help.

warm regards,

Chris
Online H0  
#55 Posted : 21 May 2013 17:49:12(UTC)
H0

To update the MS2, you either need a CS2 or an MS2 with current software on it (friend, dealer).
If you have one MS2 only: two can be used together. When buying a second MS2, make sure it has the latest software.

Workaround: disable mfx in the V4 decoder (this should be possible) and operate it in DCC mode (no automatic registration with MS2).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Armando  
#56 Posted : 14 September 2014 23:48:05(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi All,

After having updated my CS to the current 3.7.0(7) version, I have tried incorporating new icons into the database, exactly the same way I used to before. I would save the new .png icons onto a USB (in a folder named "icons"), and then run the menu "Update from USB".

The warning or error message I am getting now is "there is no update image (cs2update.img) on the USB stick". And that's that! Confused

I have tried backing up all files onto the USB in order to keep the folder tree structure, then I have erased the contents and transferred the new icons onto the empty "icon" folder. I get the same message. I have also tried just keeping an "icon" folder, but the result is the same.

On both occasions, I rebooted the CS2, to rule out any reading issues with the USB. - Nothing! Angry

Has anyone updated his icons after having installed the new version? If this topic has been dealt with before, please copy here pertinent link. Thank you!

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline DV  
#57 Posted : 15 September 2014 01:43:48(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Armando try here Setting Icons in CS2 post 9

Tom does a very good description in how to do itThumpUp
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline French_Fabrice  
#58 Posted : 25 November 2014 20:40:04(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hello folks,

Just found an updated version of the CS2 doc (3.6 related), but only in german.

Copy the url below in your browser to download. DO NOT click on it, you won't download the file.

Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/60215_betrieb.pdf

Cheers
Fabrice

Edited by moderator 18 May 2015 12:11:19(UTC)  | Reason: URL did not display properly - added code tags.

Offline siroljuk  
#59 Posted : 15 April 2015 11:04:31(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone.
I think it is time to put this document in sight for everyone eventough it is in German language:

http://medienpdb.maerkli...20CS2%20Stand%202013.pdf

In this document there are, in good order, fine pictures and explanations about how to use CS2. I think it is training document from some Märklin´s own training session. In my opinnion it is quite usefull.
I have translated words and part of text using Google translator. Well sometimes it is difficult to understand those translated result, but if you know CS2´s pricipes you easily understand the meaning of pictures. Here is also MFX+ Spielewelt ( Game World ). . . partly.

Happy training everyoneBigGrin

Regards

Jukka
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline waorb  
#60 Posted : 15 April 2015 15:00:45(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello Jukka!

Nice finding! Thanks!

How did you found that?

Cheers,

Walter
Offline siroljuk  
#61 Posted : 17 April 2015 07:59:36(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi Walter. . . and others too

I like CS2 very much. I think Märklin is developing it to quite interesting direction. Therefore I almost every day surf in Märklin pages trying to find more intersting information about Märklin Digital and it´s future capabilities. It is hard to read German language, but it really is worth the effort. I use Google Translator Web page for translations.

I have also WinDigipet program and I am studying both all the time. WinDigipet is also good but it is so compilcated that I personally prefer CS2.

I have preordered all Märklin new Digital Boxes from Germany and I´m going to lear all features of those.

I am not a collector like many of you are, I like to study, try and play around.

Happy Training everyoneBigGrin

Regards

Jukka

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Larry  
#62 Posted : 30 May 2015 03:26:11(UTC)
Larry

United States   
I have been away from Marklin for many months and do not recall the process to set up non-mfx digital locos running on CS2.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I cannot find what I need in plain language. I need a good refresher it seems if this is going to happen on my layout.

Say for example, I have the Grey Mouse, 37546, and I want to run this on my CS 14 layout. I know if it is mfx I have to remove all other locos from the track and then place the mfx loco there until it is recognized.

What would I do in plain language if it were the Grey Mouse which is not mfx? Some time ago I set up the old digital system right next to CS, so I believe it has something to do with that (now you realize what a primitive dummy you are dealing with here!)

Thanks much. Everyone has always been so cordial and helpful on this community group.

Danke
Online H0  
#63 Posted : 30 May 2015 07:56:36(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Larry Go to Quoted Post
I know if it is mfx I have to remove all other locos from the track and then place the mfx loco there until it is recognized.
No, theoretically you do not have to remove other locos. If mfx registration fails it might be worth to remove the other locos.

Originally Posted by: Larry Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if this has been covered before but I cannot find what I need in plain language. I need a good refresher it seems if this is going to happen on my layout.
IIRC there is a "+" button on the loco selection screen. You get to a screen where you can choose between "New Locomotive - from database" for Märklin locos with factory decoders and "New Locomotive - manual" (sic) for other locos (screen shot from another thread).
H0 attached the following image(s):
resource.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Larry  
#64 Posted : 01 June 2015 06:21:49(UTC)
Larry

United States   
Thanks much! You hit upon where I was stuck.

What about situations where one is trying to add a Rocco model/non-Marklin model. I assume those are treated the same but since most all are set for "3" that would require changing CV, parameters.

Thanks, again.

Larry

Online H0  
#65 Posted : 01 June 2015 07:27:00(UTC)
H0

IMHO it's good to keep address 3 free. When you buy a new loco, test it with address 3, then change the address.

Register the loco using DCC, then change the address in the properties screen (not the CV screen). Just set an address between 1 and 9999 (CS2) or 1 and 10239 (MS2) and the controller will change the 4 relevant CVs as needed.
It takes exactly the same steps that you go through when changing the address of a Märklin loco with a programmable decoder.

Many addresses available. I recommend using a scheme that derives the address from the running number of the loco.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Modelleisenbahnfan  
#66 Posted : 01 June 2015 09:59:13(UTC)
Modelleisenbahnfan

Germany   
Hello,

I've heard, that you shouldn't use an adresse for a DCC-loco that is already used for a MM/mfx-loco.
But I haven't tested it yet and so I don't know if it's right. Perhaps someone else knows more.

kind regards

Robert
Märklin, what else?
Online H0  
#67 Posted : 01 June 2015 11:07:45(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Modelleisenbahnfan Go to Quoted Post
I've heard, that you shouldn't use an adresse for a DCC-loco that is already used for a MM/mfx-loco.
mfx addresses are assigned automatically and there is no need to avoid duplicates.

Using the same address for one DCC decoder and one MM decoder will work as long as the DCC decoder does not respond to MM and vice versa.
ESU decoders by default react to both DCC and MM addresses. If the controller sends "lights on" for the DCC address and "lights off" for the MM address then you will have a loco with flashing lights that does not respond properly. Same problem with "go" for DCC and "stop" for MM.

I use DCC addresses greater 255 and then I won't have duplicates between MM and DCC.

For some bally DCC decoders I have to set CV 1 to 0 because they react to both the short and the long address (something they should not do).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
#68 Posted : 01 June 2015 13:01:20(UTC)
Modelleisenbahnfan

Germany   
Hi Tom,

"H0" wrote:
mfx addresses are assigned automatically and there is no need to avoid duplicates.
I know. But (at least) with the CS2 you could see the adresses of the mfx-locos, too. Insofar, the CS2-user is able to avoid duplicates if it would be necessary.

kind regards

Robert
Märklin, what else?
Online H0  
#69 Posted : 01 June 2015 14:50:43(UTC)
H0

But (at least) with the CS2 you could see the adresses of the mfx-locos, too.
Only since version 3.5.6. Before 3.5.6 there was no need to display the mfx address. And version 3.5.6 and newer display the mfx address only to allow quick loco selection by address.

The CS2 now displays the mfx address - and most users find this irritating as the address field is now read-only while it was editable with earlier versions (when the CS2 displayed the MM address for mfx locos).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Hackcell  
#70 Posted : 01 June 2015 15:44:09(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
But (at least) with the CS2 you could see the adresses of the mfx-locos, too.
Only since version 3.5.6. Before 3.5.6 there was no need to display the mfx address. And version 3.5.6 and newer display the mfx address only to allow quick loco selection by address.

The CS2 now displays the mfx address - and most users find this irritating as the address field is now read-only while it was editable with earlier versions (when the CS2 displayed the MM address for mfx locos).

This, and the fact of not being able to use DCC brake modules are the reasons I'm planning to replace all of my mfx decoders for ESU decoders.

Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
#71 Posted : 01 June 2015 16:58:22(UTC)
Modelleisenbahnfan

Germany   
Hi,

if one would like to avoid duplicates, he hasn't to change the mfx-adress. He can change the DCC-adress!
So it's good to know the mfx-adress, if avoiding duplicates would be necessary.

kind regards

Robert

P.S.: English is sometimes a bit difficult...Blink
Märklin, what else?
Online H0  
#72 Posted : 01 June 2015 17:41:01(UTC)
H0

So it's good to know the mfx-adress, if avoiding duplicates would be necessary.
If avoiding duplicates was necessary then the mfx controller should start with the highest possible address and there would not be any duplicate (with mfx allowing addresses up to 65535).
As it is now you cannot avoid duplicates if you have 80 mfx locos and also have locos with DIP switches. It would be impractical if address duplicates had to be avoided.

But mfx was designed for co-existence with both DCC and MM.

There is no need to avoid duplicates if decoders obey only one protocol.
There is no need to discuss work-arounds for purely hypothetical problems in this thread IMHO.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Hoover007  
#73 Posted : 17 December 2015 14:11:19(UTC)
Hoover007

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bookfwe
<br />I currently use a 6021 and am very comfortable with it. When I need to activate a turnout, I can do it rather quickly if I have to. It appears it will take longer to do it with the CS2. ( you have to scroll to the proper keyboard number, then activate it ) Also, as I have never used a memory function, what exactly is it used for and are the instructions detailed in its use. Is it easy to control a medium size layout with the CS2?

To clarify - you cannot activate a turnout by the 6021 itself. You need an additional box(es) - keyboard(6040) ,memory(6043) ,PC(via 605x).

The CS gives you the ability, if you want it, to NOT have to have extra hardware (cost &lt;offset&gt; and desk space) by allowing navigation to a keyboard view and then to select which keyboard (1 to 20)
If you want the ergonomics of not wasting an extra step to navigate to the keyboard view then you can get a separate box (another CS or reuse your 6021/604x or even make up your own switchboard). Your preference/choice

The CS2 offers better options over the CS1 in that you do not have to predefine the address before it can be switched. This is supplemented by the layout view which allows for a more meaningful schematic. ie you do not have to remember addresses

With the CS2, both throttles remain able to control a loco with a small version of the speed graph for feedback while you are in keyboard or memory or layout mode.

A "memory" , as Marklin calls it, is the ability to sequence multiple accessories from a single button - most commonly used for route selection. A sequence can include points and signals, including dead sections.
With your 6021 you can gain this function by buying a 6043. With the CS it is inherent, albeit from a different view.
In both cases a route can be triggered manually from the control panel or from a s88 feedback sensor.

I would like to thank the user for starting this thread! I have come across a decent deal on a CS 2 but having read all these comments I am staying with my old and trusted 6021 with uhlenbrock remote controller. $600 obo to spend on something else!Love
Offline vnangli  
#74 Posted : 01 June 2016 00:57:11(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Please pardon me if I posted my question in the wrong group...

I am fortunate that I got to borrow a CS2 to explore. My question is related to creating layouts on CS2 and establishing the connection between the corresponding and "CORRECT" physical elements (like turnouts, signals etc) to the symbols on the layout screen.

After I am finished creating the layout on CS2:
1) will CS2 be able to validate that the physical layout and the schematic match?
2) I am aware as I start creating the layout, I will be able to assign addresses to the elements like turnouts. How can I ensure when I am building the physical layout, a particular "right turn out" in a particular junction (created in the CS2 layout) does not operate a different "right turn out" in some other physical location which was not intended to be operated?
3) how will CS2 know if I built the physical layout to match the schematic I created?

Thanks
Vijay
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vnangli
Online H0  
#75 Posted : 01 June 2016 08:01:22(UTC)
H0

Hi, Vijay,

Re 1: Not at all.
Re 2: Make sure every accessory has an individual address. If you have three turnouts with address 7, they all operate at the same time.
Re 3: Not at all.

Except for mfx, the CS2 is like radio: the radio presenter does not know whether anybody is listening. The CS2 does not know whether there is a turnout 7, it does not know whether turnout 7 is next to turnout 6.
And if there is a signal with address 7, it can be operated from a turnout symbol on the CS2 layout.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline puffin9303  
#76 Posted : 27 July 2016 03:32:56(UTC)
puffin9303

Norway   
You have been a member since:: 17/06/2013(UTC)
Hello All,

I just fired op my CS2 (60215) after almost 3 years in the closet. The unit is stuck on "LOADING". All the bars are filled, but the start-up sequence will not proceed to the next stage. The unit will not respond to any input.

What can be wrong, and what is the fix?

Ulf Confused
Offline grnwtrs  
#77 Posted : 06 August 2016 23:32:56(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: puffin9303 Go to Quoted Post
Hello All,

I just fired op my CS2 (60215) after almost 3 years in the closet. The unit is stuck on "LOADING". All the bars are filled, but the start-up sequence will not proceed to the next stage. The unit will not respond to any input.

What can be wrong, and what is the fix? Confused

Ulf Confused

That is interesting, isn't there a "reboot" feature in the owners manual?Huh
The MS2 manuals are mostly useless, but there is a couple of websites that give assistance.
I can't speak to this high dollar experiment of the CS2! This thing has been around for about 10 years now!

I have been thinking in taking the next step from the MS2, but waited until I thought most of the
"bugs" were worked out. Then I hear of the new CS3 CS3+? being available this year.

Actually, either controller is more than what I need, but the capability of updating via internet would
be very useful for the Marklin fans.. This capability is expensive for what it accomplishes, but
it does keep the controller current with the latest models.

I wonder how Marklin can expect to expand their sales if they can't put out a simple straight forward controller?
They will never increase their sales in the Colonies above 1% if they can't get this issue resolved.

I am sure someone will chime in on how to deal with your issue.

Good l!,

Best regards,
gene

Offline puffin9303  
#78 Posted : 11 August 2016 19:37:07(UTC)
puffin9303

Norway   
You have been a member since:: 17/06/2013(UTC)

Update:

I have given up. The unit arrived at the Märklin repair facitity in Göppingen, Germany today.

Ulf.
Offline Michael Jervis  
#79 Posted : 17 October 2017 19:18:08(UTC)
Michael Jervis

Am I the only one who has no idea what this all means? I joined the ranks of CS3 users thinking that by paying three times as much as for a Dynamis Ultima I would get something better. I didn’t. It’s unfriendly and, in some important features, does not even work.
Offline applor  
#80 Posted : 06 January 2019 04:26:01(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Can anyone tell me how to change a CV value using a CS2 when the CV is not listed?
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline clapcott  
#81 Posted : 06 January 2019 04:37:54(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me how to change a CV value using a CS2 when the CV is not listed?

- Use the "+" to add a line to the definition (which is only a default starting set)
- set the CV number , and its value

Optionally save this new definition for future use.
Peter
Offline applor  
#82 Posted : 06 January 2019 13:27:33(UTC)
applor

Australia   

- Use the "+" to add a line to the definition (which is only a default starting set)

Optionally save this new definition for future use.

Hi Peter,

I do not see any '+' option on my CS2 for CV configuration of MFX.

Or do I need to have it on programming track and then the '+' will appear?
Online H0  
#83 Posted : 06 January 2019 13:35:50(UTC)
H0

You did not mention mfx in your question.
With DCC you have to pick the CV number from the manual and add it to the list.
With mfx the controller reads the available settings from the decoder and shows them somewhere - no chance to add something that is not listed.
"CV 124" should be listed somewhere - maybe under "Formats" (I didn't search for it yet).

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline applor  
#84 Posted : 07 January 2019 03:16:19(UTC)
applor

Australia   
With mfx the controller reads the available settings from the decoder and shows them somewhere - no chance to add something that is not listed.
"CV 124" should be listed somewhere - maybe under "Formats" (I didn't search for it yet).

Unfortunately it is not, so that leaves me at a dead end. I could use my 6021 maybe? Messy though with a CV above 80...
Offline clapcott  
#85 Posted : 07 January 2019 05:30:24(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

Unfortunately it is not, so that leaves me at a dead end. I could use my 6021 maybe? Messy though with a CV above 80...

Some basics please
- Which decoder are you working with
- what are you trying to achieve.

You can easily (temporarily) turn off the mFX on a CS2 and use DCC programming methods - if the decoder also supports it.
HOWEVER
CV#124 is in the "112-256 = manufacture unique " range - so do not assume a reference to this CV on one decoder will be the same on another.

e.g. for the mLD/3 the DCC CV#124 is for "Aux 2 Modus" with a supported value of 1-17
If you are wanting this setting on a mFX decoder you could use the Function Mapping screens without getting into CVs.
Peter
Online H0  
#86 Posted : 07 January 2019 08:58:57(UTC)
H0

Some basics please
- Which decoder are you working with
- what are you trying to achieve.
ESU V3 M4 OEM decoder in a Märklin loco, no DCC.
CV 124 controls the settings that persist across a power loss. Decoder should remember the direction.

The setting may not show CV 124 on the screen, but I'm sure the CS2 is showing it somewhere.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline applor  
#87 Posted : 07 January 2019 13:13:29(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi Peter it is as Tom has said. It is Marklin loco 39080 VT8.5 (no DCC) and this follows the discussion from my original thread:
https://www.marklin-user...n-MFX-swap-direction-bit

Tom I can't see any description that matches either.

I can try using my lokprogrammer to change the CV. For some reason though my lokprogrammer can never read CV's from any decoder I've tried and I am hesitant trying to blindly write to it.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#88 Posted : 07 January 2019 15:20:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi Peter it is as Tom has said. It is Marklin loco 39080 VT8.5 (no DCC) and this follows the discussion from my original thread:

Tom I can't see any description that matches either.

I can try using my lokprogrammer to change the CV. For some reason though my lokprogrammer can never read CV's from any decoder I've tried and I am hesitant trying to blindly write to it.

This model was produced in 2006, I suspect this is pre-msd/1 decoders, so probably doesn't have CVs as we know them, let alone any relevant documentation regarding CV numbers.

Online H0  
#89 Posted : 07 January 2019 15:54:26(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
This model was produced in 2006, I suspect this is pre-msd/1 decoders, so probably doesn't have CVs as we know them, let alone any relevant documentation regarding CV numbers.
The relevant documentation is the ESU V3 M4 manual.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#90 Posted : 07 January 2019 21:56:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

All I can see in this thread is ...

You asked
Quote:

I replied
Quote:

after the revelation that your decoder was defaulting to mfx (and Tom qualified that with the M4 reference), you then complained
Quote:
so that leaves me at a dead end. I could use my 6021 maybe? Messy though with a CV above 80...

to which I suggested
Quote:
You can easily (temporarily) turn off the mFX on a CS2 and use DCC programming methods

Have you actually tried that ??

Peter
Offline applor  
#91 Posted : 07 January 2019 23:12:58(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi Peter,

I don't know why you have suddenly become defensive. I am not upset nor have I made any complaint, sorry if I came across that way.

It appears Tom has found the solution for me and posted in the other thread.

Thanks for your help.
Offline DonTrain  
#92 Posted : 03 May 2019 12:06:31(UTC)
DonTrain

South Africa   
Hi,

I upgraded the software on my CS2 and note the presence of a button in the Loco Control:
F---

What is this button supposed to do?

If one were to press it, there is no response.

Regards

Don
Offline thomasm  
#93 Posted : 03 May 2019 15:21:34(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
Originally Posted by: DonTrain Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I upgraded the software on my CS2 and note the presence of a button in the Loco Control:
F---

What is this button supposed to do?

If one were to press it, there is no response.

If you have locos with more than 16 functions (0-15) you have to push that button to access the rest of the (16-31) functions.

.thomas

Märklinist, hobbyist and collector. || Trains are meant to be driven.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by thomasm
Offline DonTrain  
#94 Posted : 03 May 2020 23:59:59(UTC)
DonTrain

South Africa   
Hello team,

after running very successfully on temporary layouts for quite some time, I had retrieved my CS2 from the cupboard to use on a permanent layout which I am assembling...

When I wanted to test my layout, the CS2 booted and completed loading all little white blocks but halted and locked on the welcome screen...with no error messages.

What can be done in order to advance this so that I can use the CS2 unit? Is there a reset function using the available keys/knobs CS2 Load Complete - Screen Locked - no messages

The last 3 attempts have rendered the same result - the CS2 is totally stand alone - not connected to any track or accessories.

Is there a System Reset to Factory Defaults option, that can be used to bypass somehow as I dont have access to the CS2 unit functionality at all.

Don
Offline jerdenberg  
#95 Posted : 07 May 2020 15:38:06(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Hi Don,

Did you try the action described in the second post of this topic?
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
Offline Fabri58  
#96 Posted : 18 June 2020 22:59:53(UTC)
Fabri58

Italy   
Originally Posted by: DonTrain Go to Quoted Post
Hello team,

When I wanted to test my layout, the CS2 booted and completed loading all little white blocks but halted and locked on the welcome screen...with no error messages.

What can be done in order to advance this so that I can use the CS2 unit? Is there a reset function using the available keys/knobs CS2 Load Complete - Screen Locked - no messages

The last 3 attempts have rendered the same result - the CS2 is totally stand alone - not connected to any track or accessories.

Is there a System Reset to Factory Defaults option, that can be used to bypass somehow as I dont have access to the CS2 unit functionality at all.

Don
I've got the same problem. CS2 does not finish loading and I cannot use any functions. Thanks.