Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline laalves  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2008 12:19:40(UTC)
laalves

Hi all,

I propose that all CS2 owners document their HW and SW versions and the "how tos" they find about the CS2.

Each owner should start the post with the versions and then list the "how tos" found.

When updating, please edit your post, instead of adding new ones to reduce the mess. Also, please do not discuss the issues, just list them, otherwise readability will be reduced. I suggest other threads to be created for any discussions related to the issues.

Also, if this thread shows up to be useful, maybe the almighty Webmaster could convert this into a sticky.

Edited by moderator 11 March 2012 20:17:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline laalves  
#2 Posted : 09 October 2008 12:20:48(UTC)
laalves

1- How to reset a CS2:

I thought this wasn't possible, but my dealer found the way to do it. In the setup menu, hit "Create data again" - that should read "Restore" (don't these Germans know English? [}:)]) - and load the file "reset.tgz".

This will restore the CS2 to the "out of the box" condition.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by laalves
Offline nevw  
#3 Posted : 11 October 2008 01:44:50(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />1- How to reset a CS2:

I thought this wasn't possible, but my dealer found the way to do it. In the setup menu, hit "Create data again" - that should read "Restore" (don't these Germans know English? [}:)]) - and load the file "reset.tgz".

Luis,
I think they use Babel Fish for the translation.
biggrinwinkwinkwink
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#4 Posted : 28 October 2008 06:26:59(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
How can you do a software upgrade with a USB Stick??

Says that you can do it but no instructions.

SOLVED. First Unzip the file so the Zip File has the proper directories.
NN[B)][B)][B)][:o)][:I]
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 28 October 2008 12:18:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />1- How to reset a CS2:

Sorry But it restores it to the latest upgrade version
NN
Offline Frostie  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2008 16:14:11(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
I received my CS2 last night, and it is a joy to behold. Instead of stumbling arround I have a question.

1. How (where) do you obtain the data file for the updates ?
Train Collection Insured by "Croc's" with "Big Boys" as Backup"
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.
Love those Era 1 Tank Locomotives - the more the merrier.

Offline laalves  
#7 Posted : 30 October 2008 19:27:31(UTC)
laalves

Offline Frostie  
#8 Posted : 30 October 2008 19:47:12(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
Thanks Luis !!!
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.

Offline nevw  
#9 Posted : 30 October 2008 23:50:24(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Frostie
<br />Thanks Luis !!!

You will need the MD5 File as well as the Zip File, which has to unsipped to reveal another Zip file which has to be unzipped. with sub/directories.

Nev
Offline mmrcnzjohn  
#10 Posted : 31 October 2008 06:59:09(UTC)
mmrcnzjohn

New Zealand   
Why would anyone in their right mind, zip a file, then zip the zip file?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmrcnzjohn
Offline nevw  
#11 Posted : 31 October 2008 08:31:56(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mmrcnzjohn
<br />Why would anyone in their right mind, zip a file, then zip the zip file?

ASk Marklin.
N biggrin

PS:
Must be in the root directory of the USB Drive stick.
YOU do not get a chance to point it in the right direction.
Offline jeehring  
#12 Posted : 31 October 2008 16:05:33(UTC)
jeehring

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mmrcnzjohn
<br />Why would anyone in their right mind, zip a file, then zip the zip file?

It is better to "protect" this kind of operation..against intempestive actions . wink
Offline Frostie  
#13 Posted : 02 November 2008 15:06:19(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
Another question toi add to this link.

I am trying to add a Brawa Locomotive that has a LokPilot Decoder into my CS2. A Wurrtemburg T5

1) I tried to add locomotive manually and tried to read the decoder which the CS2 failed to do.

2) I tried to use 37540 locomotive, but it overwrote the decoder sounds and replaced the T5 with the BR55.

Any Ideas ??
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Frostie
Offline clapcott  
#14 Posted : 04 November 2008 08:15:50(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
... how to decode (interpret) the mfx register values (CV)s
The marklin registers of an mfx loco can be accessed under
.. Service (spanner)
.... CV

The register 1 and register 75 values do not immediately appear to correspond with reality. This is because they are a decimal value derived from binary byte generated by 4 pairs of trinary bits (trits)

each trit can have a value of 0,1 or 2 expressed in as 00,11,01 (I know it appears illogical)
the byte is constructed thus
wwxxyyzz where zz has a weighting of 1, yy of 3 , xx of 9 and ww of 27

e.g.
01110001 equates to
ww = 01 = 2 ... weighted x 27 = 54
xx = 11 = 1 ... weighted x 9 = 9
yy = 00 = 0 ... weighted x 3 = 0
zz = 01 = 2 ... weighted x 1 = 2
therefore address 65

however the decimal representation of 01110001 is weighted 128,64,32,16,8,4,2,1
so =
64+32+16+1 = 113

confused ?
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#15 Posted : 04 November 2008 08:19:43(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
... how to edit values (e.g. register/cvs )

On face value the CS2 panels that show values do not immediately offer away to edit them - no edit button/icon.

double click with a mouse or tap twice quickly with your stylus and a numeric keypad will appear
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#16 Posted : 04 November 2008 08:27:05(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
...how to set the 2nd motorola address

This is only desirable if you wish to take a loco to a layout that is not controlled by a CS. e.g. 602x or IB

combine the procedures in the 2 previous posts to encode the desired address into decimal form and edit register 75.

Notes:
1) experience shows that changes to register 75 only "stick" if the decoder does in fact have more than 5 functions.
2) because a trit value of 10 is invalid any decimal value that is incorrectly calculated and ends up with that sequence will not be applied

TIP: temporarily set the prime MM address on main configuration screen to what you eventually want the 2nd address to be. Save it to the decoder and then go and view the CVs - register 1 will show the value you need to enter in register 75.
Peter
Offline Bookfwe  
#17 Posted : 05 November 2008 16:07:36(UTC)
Bookfwe

I currently use a 6021 and am very comfortable with it. When I need to activate a turnout, I can do it rather quickly if I have to. It appears it will take longer to do it with the CS2. ( you have to scroll to the proper keyboard number, then activate it ) Also, as I have never used a memory function, what exactly is it used for and are the instructions detailed in its use. Is it easy to control a medium size layout with the CS2?
Offline clapcott  
#18 Posted : 05 November 2008 20:59:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bookfwe
<br />I currently use a 6021 and am very comfortable with it. When I need to activate a turnout, I can do it rather quickly if I have to. It appears it will take longer to do it with the CS2. ( you have to scroll to the proper keyboard number, then activate it ) Also, as I have never used a memory function, what exactly is it used for and are the instructions detailed in its use. Is it easy to control a medium size layout with the CS2?

To clarify - you cannot activate a turnout by the 6021 itself. You need an additional box(es) - keyboard(6040) ,memory(6043) ,PC(via 605x).

The CS gives you the ability, if you want it, to NOT have to have extra hardware (cost &lt;offset&gt; and desk space) by allowing navigation to a keyboard view and then to select which keyboard (1 to 20)
If you want the ergonomics of not wasting an extra step to navigate to the keyboard view then you can get a separate box (another CS or reuse your 6021/604x or even make up your own switchboard). Your preference/choice

The CS2 offers better options over the CS1 in that you do not have to predefine the address before it can be switched. This is supplemented by the layout view which allows for a more meaningful schematic. ie you do not have to remember addresses

With the CS2, both throttles remain able to control a loco with a small version of the speed graph for feedback while you are in keyboard or memory or layout mode.

A "memory" , as Marklin calls it, is the ability to sequence multiple accessories from a single button - most commonly used for route selection. A sequence can include points and signals, including dead sections.
With your 6021 you can gain this function by buying a 6043. With the CS it is inherent, albeit from a different view.
In both cases a route can be triggered manually from the control panel or from a s88 feedback sensor.

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Frostie  
#19 Posted : 09 November 2008 23:51:40(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
I am using a mouse to control the CS2, and have found that I do not use the stylus or any of the other controls.

It is precise, quick and easy to use. I have the software update (1.05) and HW 3.1.

However, I have come up with a question.

I have loaded a number (60)of locomotives into my CS2 and now when I ask to view everything, I cannot find out how to view the items at the end of the list.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and how do you view all locomotives in your database ?
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2

Offline laalves  
#20 Posted : 10 November 2008 00:41:05(UTC)
laalves

Hi Frostie,

Currently it is not possible to scroll in the loco list. We need to wait for an update. I think Lutz refererred to that somewhere.

I've read in stummi that an update maybe due in about 2 weeks and from then on maybe once per month or so.
Offline Frostie  
#21 Posted : 10 November 2008 04:20:05(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
Thanks Luis - I made my first update with Support of Tom Catherall successfully.

I am looking forward to the ease of improvements.
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#22 Posted : 01 January 2009 12:12:32(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I have been asked a question about the CS2, and not having a CS2 myself, I'm unable to give an answer. Can someone please give a short answer to this question, which is How do you delete turnout definitions from the CS2? The CS2 Controlling / Switching / Running doco tells you how to set them up, but not how to delete them. Thanks.
Offline clapcott  
#23 Posted : 02 January 2009 09:32:58(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />How do you delete turnout definitions from the CS2? The CS2 Controlling / Switching / Running doco tells you how to set them up, but not how to delete them. Thanks.

You don't "delete" a keyboard definition.
The keyboard has a fixed existence and location for each and every address (1 to 320).

The name can be "changed" to something meaningful but by default the name = the address.
- So to return it to default you change the name back to the address
Also you can "change" the associated "picture/icon" e.g. a turnout or signal
- The "default" icon/picture is called "Standard" and like the name can be changed back

Doing this when a reference for the corresponding id has been defined on a layout panel,
WILL result in a warning message highlighting that a difference exists but this
will not stop you from changing it

If you mean "removing" a reference from the layout panels. This is done by selecting the "eraser"
tool (identified as the "delete symbol" on the top left of page 51) when in edit mode and tapping
the square on the grid that has the turnout.

Peter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#24 Posted : 02 January 2009 10:43:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Peter, I meant "removing a reference", but the first point is useful to know. I shall pass your comments on.
Offline Armando  
#25 Posted : 05 January 2009 07:03:02(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hello,

I recently purchased the CS2 and am starting to use it. Is it necessary to urn the speed knob to the "0" position before changing the direction of a locomotive? Is there any other way? On the control unit, as well as on the transformers, this was done this way.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline clapcott  
#26 Posted : 05 January 2009 08:27:05(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
2 aspects to consider (not sure which one relates to your question)
1) Decoder
2) CU

All Marklin Decoders should reverse immediate ( and stay stopped) when a reverse command is sent.
- This "emergency stop" is considered a "feature" that overcomes the delay introduced when elongated deceleration was added.
Other decoders do exist that will not reverse unless the loco is first brought to a stop.

If your question relates to the CS2 operationally, then a reversing command is sent (regardless of current speed) by either taping the directional arrow (The one not filled in) or pressing down down on the red speed dial. (PC interface not yet available)

Interestingly, your question highlights the point that this operation is not described/taught in the users manual.
And there is no help button on the control page [}:)]
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Armando  
#27 Posted : 05 January 2009 15:38:07(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcott
Interestingly, your question highlights the point that this operation is not described/taught in the users manual.
And there is no help button on the control page [}:)]

Thanks for your assistance. I didn't know that it was possible to push down the speed knob in order to reverse direction.

I for one have always found that Märklin manuals and extremely confusing and wanting in essential information. Not everyone of us is a computer geek. And sometimes an image alone is not worth 1,000 words!
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline plavnostruev  
#28 Posted : 16 January 2009 06:54:18(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
Confession: although I shifted a whole bunch of CS2's, until today I really had no chance to sit down and play with it. Your typical shoemaker without shoes scenariobiggrin

Below are my trials and tribulations with CS2.

Well, when a customer sent back his CS2 after Mfx stopped working, poor old me has finally decided to take a plunge. Ouch![B)]
I had 60055 trafo with a power cord, which I wanted to just stick in the CS2, but no-o-o-o-o, M* spared no expense and came up with nice proprietary square power plug. So I had to unscrew wires from 60055
connector and screw in wires from CS2, no biggie, I guess.
A, what a lovely screen, except it's in bad need of calibration.
How do you select calibration option when your stylus registers about 5 centimeters from where you are pointing it, and then having to confirm it (and going through the same nightmare again of trying to hitting checkmark) when you finally manage to click in the right spot)? Why, by loudly and repeatedly cursing, of course, that's how!

So the version is 1.0.2, and Mfx does not work as stipulated, let's go to M* website and download the latest and the greatest version, shall we? O, better check the Forum for heads up, tips and suggestions. My, my, what a contentious place the forum has become! [xx(] A lot of nastiness flying around, but nothing concrete about how exactly to upgrade... Wait, version 1.0.7 kills boosters, let's stay away from it. I see something about using USB stick in order to upgrade. What the hell is USB stick? I know lipstick, I know dipstick, but USB stick?
- Honey (wife and webmaster of euromodeltrains site), you ever hear of UBS stick?
- Not UBS, USB stick, what's the matter with you, like you never used one?!
- A, no.
- Here, take it.
Lovely, it does look like a stick. Now what? O yes, M* web site.
Stay away from version 1.0.7 and don't pick a fight with Lutz, right!
www.maerklin.com-&gt;Products-&gt;Tools&Downloads... nothing, nothing at all about software updates!!! [xx(][xx(][xx(]
Alright, www.maerklin.de-&gt;Produkte-&gt;Tools&Downloads(hey, I speak German!)-&gt;SoftwareUpdates(and with perfect Berlin pronounce!) and voila - software updates for the taking! Copy and paste instructions into translator, something about using both cs2update.tgz und s2update.md5 files. Now, *.tgz is a zip file, even old me knows this (as I am sure everybody else), click, download and save to USB stick.
Click on s2update.md5 and I read this:
bf3e47a26201b4d9d533fb472bca1d94 ./usb_small/cs2update.tgz

Clear enough! So I copy this line into Notepad and save it onto USB stick as s2update.md5 file. I read somewhere that Nev said you had to unzip cs2update.tgz prior to upgrade. So, Winzip, open, extract, boom! whole bunch of directories just appeared. Take the stick to CS2, select upgrade from USB stick and it actually worked! What will they come up with next - MS that can control turnouts so I don't have to do song & dance routine every time a starter set is sold and customers wonder how they can control turnouts digitally? You think?
O, and the Mfx issue? Gone, resolved, solved.

I tell you, if only everything else was as easy as upgrading CS2, world would have been much nicer place... biggrin

Mike
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by plavnostruev
Offline springboard  
#29 Posted : 09 March 2009 17:29:34(UTC)
springboard

American Samoa   
when will Marklin have available pictures that can be placed in the CS2 for proper ID for the locomatives, which would be really helpfull, pictures rather then typing, or should say letters to indentify. is there such a thing, taking pictures and loading them into the CS2
Offline jeehring  
#30 Posted : 09 March 2009 17:41:56(UTC)
jeehring

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by springboard
<br />when will Marklin have available pictures that can be placed in the CS2 for proper ID for the locomatives, which would be really helpfull, pictures rather then typing, or should say letters to indentify. is there such a thing, taking pictures and loading them into the CS2

A matter of taste .

In my own taste : I prefer typing because I find it more clearer and accurate , specially in case you have many similar Loks ( I.E. : I got several black steamers with same wheels arrangment...)
Some people prefer pictures .
May be they could make it optionnal or both together ( 3 choices : pictures WITH typing - typing only - pictures only )
Also : some people feel more comfortable with pictures & images , other people feel more comfortable with idiomatic expression or text & wording...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline clapcott  
#31 Posted : 09 March 2009 21:00:33(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by springboard
<br />when will Marklin have available pictures that can be placed in the CS2 for proper ID for the locomatives, which would be really helpfull, pictures rather then typing, or should say letters to indentify. is there such a thing, taking pictures and loading them into the CS2

Springboard, you ask your questions the wrong way round.
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:
is there such a thing, taking pictures and loading them into the CS2 ?

Yes, this feature is implemented in v1.0.7
Quote:
When ?

If you have not already got v1.0.7 (as leaked) then the features are telegraphed for the next official release. Some (as per other threads) say April. not sure which year
Quote:
when will Marklin have available pictures ...

Marklin have provided the tool and a good sellection to start with. As already mentioned, different operators like their information in different formats. design the picture/image,icon YOU want and use that.

Peter
Offline Webmaster  
#32 Posted : 09 March 2009 22:14:37(UTC)
Webmaster

Hmmm, springboard - I assume you have missed this one:
https://www.marklin-user...ult.aspx?g=posts&t=11182
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Bob R  
#33 Posted : 05 May 2009 19:46:52(UTC)
Bob R

Hello all, it has been a long time. I just purchased a starter set 29680 that came with the new CS2. Thought this would be a good way to get a lot of stuff. Anyway the software version on the CS is 1.0.2 (1), with HV 3.4 The serial number for the CS is 7564.

Honestly I am having a hard time updating the CS to any version than the one I have. I plugged in my LAN line to it directly and it said the installation was successful!. However it does not show the newest version, still 1.0.2

I have tried this several times with the same results. I have even downloaded the file from Marklin and unzipped it to a USB Stick with the same results. Installation was successful but does not show the newest version still 1.0.2

So does anyone have any advice to get this done? The CS performs very well. I love the thing. Just wish it would update like it is supposed to.

Thanks in advance,
Bob R
Offline gachar001  
#34 Posted : 05 May 2009 21:58:14(UTC)
gachar001

India   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bob R
<br />Hello all, it has been a long time. I just purchased a starter set 29680 that came with the new CS2. Thought this would be a good way to get a lot of stuff. Anyway the software version on the CS is 1.0.2 (1), with HV 3.4 The serial number for the CS is 7564.

Honestly I am having a hard time updating the CS to any version than the one I have. I plugged in my LAN line to it directly and it said the installation was successful!. However it does not show the newest version, still 1.0.2

I have tried this several times with the same results. I have even downloaded the file from Marklin and unzipped it to a USB Stick with the same results. Installation was successful but does not show the newest version still 1.0.2

So does anyone have any advice to get this done? The CS performs very well. I love the thing. Just wish it would update like it is supposed to.

Thanks in advance,
Bob R

Bob,
I purchased the same starter set and needed to update the CS2. I went to http://www.maerklin.de/d...ds/software_updates.html
Download the cs2update.tgz and the cs2update.md5 into a USB thumb drive (to the top directory). Stick the thumb drive into the CS2 and start the update. Worked for me. Hope this helps.
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
Offline rbw993  
#35 Posted : 06 May 2009 00:16:57(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Bob,
When you install the update make sure you let it finish. This is critical or the update will not complete successfully. Give it a few extra minutes after it says it is done. It also needs to be shutdown using the shutdown menu selection in the setup screen to properly retain data.

Roger
Offline Bob R  
#36 Posted : 06 May 2009 20:53:07(UTC)
Bob R

Thank you Gautham and Roger,

I finally got it updated via the USB Stick. Didn't do much different other than when I asked it to update I didn't select USB. Updated very quickly and life is good again.

Thanks,

Bob
Offline dntower85  
#37 Posted : 07 May 2009 01:54:47(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Am glad to see that updating the CS2 is so easy,

Also

Welcome back Bob, your Marklin and aircraft input has been missed.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Bob R  
#38 Posted : 13 May 2009 19:42:21(UTC)
Bob R

Thanks Darrin,

Had some health issues that hit me like a wall. Ended up with a DVT in right leg from Groin to Ankle. Two weeks in Hospitol to have the clot removed has left me with a lot of time. Too much time, going stir crazy to some degree. Anyway on the road to recovery now. Haven't flown since it happened (Last June) Too many long haul International Flights is probably the culprit.

Besides all of this I am under the impression that you cannot upload a picture with a .png format to the CS2 until the next upgrade comes out? I currently have 1.0.5 on it now. Was hoping to upload a few picturs. There is no Zeppelin Picture!

I have other things to play with so I can wait for that, but I am waiting as fast as I can.

Take care and Thanks everybody,

Bob
Offline nevw  
#39 Posted : 14 May 2009 02:17:07(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Great to see you back bob and hope that you fully recover and get back to commiting aviation again.

nev
Offline Bob R  
#40 Posted : 30 May 2009 06:22:53(UTC)
Bob R

Lutz,

Thank you for your information. The last update well and look forward to being able to use my own pictures of loco's for the CS. They always seem to forget the Zeppelin one....arggghhhh

Take care,
Bob
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#41 Posted : 30 May 2009 10:59:21(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Welcome back Bob. Sad to hear of your health problems, but glad to hear you are on the mend. Hope you enjoy your CS2 and those lovely Swiss trains you now have.

The new update for the CS2 is now available, but the USB stick version of the update is 2 weeks away, you can only perform the update at this time by connecting your CS2 to your internet router.
Offline Afron  
#42 Posted : 01 May 2010 01:41:57(UTC)
Afron

Has anyone found a way to upload custom icons to CS2?

I tried

http://(my local network ip)/cgi-bin/input_file.htm

and

http://(my local network ip)/cgi-bin/update.html

where you are supposed to be able to upload up to 6kb .png files, but nothing appears in icon list, even after a restart.

My png files are 128 pixels wide, indexed color, exactly as Marklin's originals.

Central Station 60213
Software Version 1.3.0 (1)
Hardware Version 3.1
Offline clapcott  
#43 Posted : 01 May 2010 02:07:57(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hi Afron, the upload facility via the Web/Ethernet interface appears to not be ready for prime-time use. The other current options are ...
- Use a LocoCard with the ICON already included/saved.
- use the USB port

For USB upload of icon
- Locate a USB memory stick/key/drive ...

Using your PC
- create \icons sub-directory on the memory key
- create/prepare the .png image
(as per the <.de> help pages.., the image should have a ...
- - maximum resolution of 128x48
- - and size should be < 6kB )
- copy your .png icon(s) to the \icons directory of the memory key
(The file name will be retained in the CS2 and will overwrite any existing file with the same name)

- Remove memory key from PC and plug into USB port of CS2

From CS2 "Setup" menu
- perform "program update" (The CS2 checks the USB port before trying the ethernet)
Peter
Offline arcanjo  
#44 Posted : 21 August 2010 15:30:17(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
Hi Guys!

I just bought a CS2 but i have one problem, i configured the locos fine but regarding the turnouts, they simply don´'t work. I have configured the decoder on the turnout, go to the keyboard in Central Station, selected the adress corresponding the decoder...to no sucess. What is the procedure?, i have selected the dip with ten numbers. I think I am doing everything right. Any help?Unsure

Thanks
Offline H0  
#45 Posted : 21 August 2010 20:59:38(UTC)
H0

arcanjo wrote:
I think I am doing everything right.

Red and brown wire swapped in track connection?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline arcanjo  
#46 Posted : 22 August 2010 15:06:30(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
H0 wrote:
arcanjo wrote:
I think I am doing everything right.

Red and brown wire swapped in track connection?

hi!

I have resolved the problem, the wires weren´t swapped, yet there was a bad contact with the cable. Everething smooth now!

Thank you!
Offline Janne75  
#47 Posted : 03 May 2013 20:00:15(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hello all,

Maybe a really stupid question regarding CS2, but as I don't find a solution by myself I have to ask this one:

How can I get this: / as I would need it in many loco names like S 3/6, Gt 2x 4/4, Ae 6/6, Ce 6/8 III, Be 6/8 III and so on...

I can only find the "wrong looking": \

I think that this is something really simple, but stupid me has not found it yet BigGrin .

Thanks in advance! This is a small thing to the man kind, but important thing to me to get the names in correct form Cool .

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline sikardon  
#48 Posted : 04 May 2013 14:00:28(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

Maybe a really stupid question regarding CS2, but as I don't find a solution by myself I have to ask this one:

How can I get this: / as I would need it in many loco names like S 3/6, Gt 2x 4/4, Ae 6/6, Ce 6/8 III, Be 6/8 III and so on...

I think that this is something really simple, but stupid me has not found it yet BigGrin .

Thanks in advance! This is a small thing to the man kind, but important thing to me to get the names in correct form Cool .

Regards,
Janne

Hi Janne,

I too, are almost crazy looking for / Blushing
Looking one by one the key, and cannot find what I'm looking for.
But finally, I find the way.

So, go to setup, change the language to Germany (select de).
Then go back to your loco naming keyboard, and you find / above number 7.

Hahaha... You can put back the language to English (or any other language) afterwards.

cheers,
Sony
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sikardon
Offline Janne75  
#49 Posted : 04 May 2013 16:26:50(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: sikardon Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

Regards,
Janne

Hi Janne,

I too, are almost crazy looking for / Blushing
Looking one by one the key, and cannot find what I'm looking for.
But finally, I find the way.

So, go to setup, change the language to Germany (select de).
Then go back to your loco naming keyboard, and you find / above number 7.

Hahaha... You can put back the language to English (or any other language) afterwards.

cheers,
Sony

Thank you so much Sony! ThumpUp

It is then a bad bug in CS2 software if only in German language that / can be found, but not in English. I can use your method to rename them all correctly and after that change the language back in English.

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline sikardon  
#50 Posted : 04 May 2013 16:43:05(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   

Thank you so much Sony! ThumpUp

It is then a bad bug in CS2 software if only in German language that / can be found, but not in English. I can use your method to rename them all correctly and after that change the language back in English.

Cheers,
Janne

Hi Janne,

I think it is not a bad bug. I think it is more related to international keyboard configuration standard.
I remember that laptop sell in France will have keys arranged as AZERTY instead of QWERTY.
The English keyboard, have / keys in the same keys as ?, and unfortunately, Marklin keyboard didn't show this keys (this might be the bug).
Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Sony