Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DoTR  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2016 13:56:32(UTC)
DoTR

Turkey   
Greetings!

Firstly, I have to say that I have no information about model trains. I am 100% newbie as you will notice from my questions.

One week ago, I received Märklin #37038 as a gift. Having examined my gift, I strongly want to build my own track and run my 37038 on this track. Sadly, here in Yalova, Turkey there is no one who seems to know about model trains. For this reason, I searched the internet the last few days, and figured out that I need:
(i) a station (mobile station or central station)
(ii) a connector box
(iii) and a power supply
to run my 37038 on a C-type track.

Here is my first question: 1) Do I need any other item to start running my 37038?

In my city, I was able to find only one dealer where I can buy a Mobile Station (60652) and a connector box (60125).

Here is my second question: 2) Are 60652 and 60125 compatible?

In my city, the electricity is 220 volts AC with a frequency of 50 hertz. Here are my third and fourth questions:

3) Which power supply (power pack) should I buy? Could you please offer a power supply with its article number?

4) Should I also use a transformer? If yes, Could you please offer a transformer with its article number?

Thanks in advance for ANY clarifications you can help with.

Korkut (age 38)

Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2016 14:32:19(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Korkut, welcome to the forum, we have several members here who come from Turkey and this will, I'm sure will help you to find shops and other information you need.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2016 14:32:42(UTC)
H0

Hi, Korkut,
Welcome to the forum.

Re 1: the 60125 is not suitable for the MS1. For C track you would need a 24088 connector track.
Better get a Mobile Station 2 (60653) and the connection box 60113.
Mobile Stations 60652 and 60651 are rather old and not suitable for a starter (unless you get them really cheap).

Re 2: No.

Re 3: The 66361 power supply should do.

Re 4: No additional transformer needed. You can get a transformer 6647 or 66470 for analogue operation - in that case you do not need the Mobile Station and the power supply.
When the layout grows you may need a transformer for accessories.

Tip: Many dealers sell MS2 sets from starter sets (60653+60113+66361). Such sets usually go for about €100 on eBay.
There is a new starter set 29000 without rolling stock. All you need to get your loco running. Delivery announced for January 2016, should be available soon.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline utkan  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2016 15:27:27(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Hi Korkut,

Though I hardly know something about the digital world, I believe I can help you....so I sent you my phone number in case you might want to get in contact...

Selamlar,

mehmet utkan
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by utkan
H0DoTR
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 26 January 2016 16:38:32(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi and Welcome to the forum Korkut.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline DoTR  
#6 Posted : 26 January 2016 16:48:52(UTC)
DoTR

Turkey   
Thank you all for your warm welcome and answers. Greatly appreciated.
Offline Thewolf  
#7 Posted : 26 January 2016 18:00:05(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi Korkut Cool

Welcome to the forum Cool

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 26 January 2016 20:50:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

Tip: Many dealers sell MS2 sets from starter sets (60653+60113+66361). Such sets usually go for about €100 on eBay.
There is a new starter set 29000 without rolling stock. All you need to get your loco running. Delivery announced for January 2016, should be available soon.

Welcome to the forum from me as well.

In addition to what Tom (HO) says, here is a dealer who has a whole ms2 kit (link) for under 100 euros, split from a start set.

This dealer is very good, and I am sure you will be very satisfied with your purchase if you wish to get one of these.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline DoTR  
#9 Posted : 28 January 2016 18:50:17(UTC)
DoTR

Turkey   
Hi, Korkut,

I preordered Märklin 29000 online from Reynaulds yesterday. I hope 29000 will take its place on the shelves soon. I am getting impatient day by day!

By the way, Is there anyone who purchased anything from Reynaulds before? I wonder how fast do they deliver, and how their service is.
Offline rorosha  
#10 Posted : 28 January 2016 19:49:42(UTC)
rorosha

Originally Posted by: DoTR Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Korkut,

I preordered Märklin 29000 online from Reynaulds yesterday. I hope 29000 will take its place on the shelves soon. I am getting impatient day by day!

By the way, Is there anyone who purchased anything from Reynaulds before? I wonder how fast do they deliver, and how their service is.

I've dealt with them in the past, and sadly can not give them rave reviews.

If they have it in sock, their delivery is usually fairly quick. If they don't, it may take forever.

One problem I found with them, and why I stopped ordering from them is that there is no way of knowing they have an item in stock or not. The web site will not tell you, and on the occasions I called, they would assure me they had something in stock, only to discover later that it had been backordered. They have had several items on backorder for me for more than a year now.

I tried to cancel backorders, and that seems futile. Even if they no longer list my backorder on their website, they will ship the order when the item comes in, even months after canceling the backorder.

Delivery time delays are partially their fault, as they do not provide the most informative information on their website, but it's also due to the fact that they get (or did get) much of their stock through Märklin's standard distributer, Walthers. That part may get better, but their website still needs quite a bit of work.

If you insist on getting the 29000 (and I see nothing wrong with that), I think you would get it quicker by watching ebay.de or contacting a German dealer directly.

Rodger

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rorosha
Offline PMPeter  
#11 Posted : 28 January 2016 21:22:38(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Unfortunately I have had a similar experience as Rorosha mentions in the previous post. My first order was for items in stock and got delivered promptly. I was very pleased.

My second order had several items in stock with one common item being out of stock requiring a back order. After a few months, I inquired about my order and was told it was ready for shipment except for the back ordered item which should be arriving shortly. A few more months passed and I received a message whether I still wanted the back ordered item since it had taken longer than expected and had now finally arrived. I replied yes along with the rest of my order, only to find out that the rest of my order had been sold and was no longer available. I then cancelled the whole order in frustration.

I gave them another chance by ordering replacement parts for Fleischmann and Marklin listed as being available. These have been on back order for 1.5 years now and I doubt that I will ever see them.

So I have given up, and with the low C$ compared to the US$ am not likely to try again any time soon.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline JohnMishler  
#12 Posted : 29 January 2016 14:06:29(UTC)
JohnMishler

United States   
I wasn't going to add my comments, but after thinking a bit more have opted to do so. I didn't order on line, but rather stopped in at the brick and mortar store once while traveling the area on business. I had reviewed their website before going and had in mind two or three Faller items that I intended to purchase as their website indicated that they were in stock. In stock, it seems, simply means that they could order it for you and have it shipped, not that you can actually select it from the shelf. Additionally it was quite clear that someone coming in and asking about specific items and wanting hand them money directly was out of the ordinary and perhaps not in their key skill set. Needless to say my money stayed in my pocket and didn't get to theirs.
John
Check out progress on my layout here.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnMishler
Offline baggio  
#13 Posted : 30 January 2016 02:37:59(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Perhaps we are going a bit off topic, but I do like this discussion and want to put my usual 2 cents' worth.

Telling a customer that an item is in stock when it is not is clearly not acceptable. It leads to a sale and customer frustration as your examples show. Lawyers call it fraud. A serious company would not do that.

However, most of the problems with articles arriving months late or not at all are obviously created by Marklin itself. I am finding that ordering an item that is not in stock even from the local shop here can take longer than I would like. This is not a reflection on the store, but on Marklin for not shipping it with the proper speed, especially if it's in stock with Marklin. Angry

While I do not like Hornby as a result of some unpleasant experiences with them, I did get my magazine and loco promptly when I subscribed.

Bottom line: If you buy via the mail, you would better arm yourself with a lot of patience. Sad, but true. But the wait time can be reduced to an extent by ordering from a local dealer who will ship it out as soon as it arrives from Marklin, as I am sure Mike here does/would.

Best option: combine a trip abroad with a run to a local train dealer and you are sure to have the item when you come home. BigGrin

Offline PJMärklin  
#14 Posted : 30 January 2016 05:07:26(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post

Bottom line: If you buy via the mail, you would better arm yourself with a lot of patience.........

Hello Baggio,

At risk of going further off topic......,

In Tasmania I live far on the other side of the world from Germany.

However, I am extremely pleased with the mailorder service I get from Modellbahnshop-Lippe and I do not need to indulge any patience.

Their website seems to reflect what is truely in their warehouse ("in stock"), ocasional items they need to get from the Manufacturer are so marked on their website and they give an accurate estimate of time to procure (usually not long); they respond very promptly once reserved items have been manufactured. I receive items very well packed in 2 to 3 weeks after their dispatch, trackable along the way. Their pricing is good also. I can buy all the spare parts I want from them.
They respond very promptly in a caring way to any of my enquiries "with good English" (much better than my German) .

So compared to the way I have done it earlier over the last 34 years I am currently very happy.

Regards,

PJ
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline baggio  
#15 Posted : 30 January 2016 05:17:46(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
"So compared to the way I have done it earlier over the last 34 years I am currently very happy."

That begs the question, P.J., how did you do it fo the lat 34 years?BigGrin
Offline baggio  
#16 Posted : 30 January 2016 05:33:56(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
By the way, P.J, I just decided to take a look to see where Tasmania was; sorry, but I really did not know. Blushing
(My wife did.... Scared )

Anyway, I came across this picture of Stanley, Tasmania, and I LOVE IT! ThumpUp

Tasmania.png (1,168kb) downloaded 148 time(s).
Offline PJMärklin  
#17 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:30:54(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
"So compared to the way I have done it earlier over the last 34 years I am currently very happy."

That begs the question, P.J., how did you do it fo the lat 34 years?BigGrin

Hello Baggio,

To begin, in the early 1980's I started by buying first a starter set and then other items when I was visiting Germany, which I had reason to do at that time. Later I did buy a very few items from a local dealer who soon ceased. For a period I purchased second hand Märklin from a dealer in Bamburg (ex US Army chap who stayed there) and also from local collectors. By late 1980's and the 1990's I purchased a great deal of new stuff at excellent price from a Hong Kong Märklin dealer (all communication done by snailmail) he later retired and by then the internet had been developed. I then acquired Märklin from an internet dealer in Germany but business with them was archaic and dysfunctional. For some years now I have been dealing with Lippe, and as I mentioned, am quite happy.

By the way, P.J, I just decided to take a look to see where Tasmania was; sorry, but I really did not know. Blushing
(My wife did.... Scared )

Anyway, I came across this picture of Stanley, Tasmania, and I LOVE IT! ThumpUp

Congratulations on your geography Baggio. Tasmania is one of the best kept secrets in the world. I attach a few scenes to whet your curiosity, but please do not tell too many people !!

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline baggio  
#18 Posted : 30 January 2016 08:14:07(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
WOW! That is Heaven on Earth!! Flapper Love

All of which begs another question:
With all that wonderful nature at your disposal, you spend your time playing with trains? LOL

Thanks for sharing, P.J.. BigGrin

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by baggio
Offline Jay  
#19 Posted : 30 January 2016 10:19:32(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Hey PJ, news is that you are having record rainfalls.
We on the other hand are having the mother of all droughts.
Please send some water our way. Heaven knows we need it.

Jay
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jay
Offline PJMärklin  
#20 Posted : 30 January 2016 10:37:26(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Jay Go to Quoted Post
Hey PJ, news is that you are having record rainfalls.
We on the other hand are having the mother of all droughts.
Please send some water our way. Heaven knows we need it.

Jay

Hello Jay,

Yes, in some areas, but for a long time in drought in all areas as you are.

Other areas of Tasmania have had record bushfires and received none of the current rain.

see : http://www.abc.net.au/ne...6822?WT.ac=statenews_tas

PJ
Offline PhillipL  
#21 Posted : 30 January 2016 14:00:28(UTC)
PhillipL

United States   
I have to echo the concerns about Reynaulds. I was a customer for many years and finally closed my account recently. I experienced the delays on receiving orders and in many cases never received them for over a year finally cancelling several orders out of pure frustration. It is very difficult to reach them over the phone. I also was extremely dissatisfied on their handling of defective items and damaged goods. I would suggest looking elsewhere.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PhillipL
Offline Mark5  
#22 Posted : 31 January 2016 06:58:36(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
PJ, after seeing your photos of Tasmania, my wife wants me become a miner so I can get a job to move there.
I suggested she goes to the mines, while I improve my sailing skills.
-Mark
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline Mark5  
#23 Posted : 31 January 2016 07:00:30(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Service for me from AJCkids is brilliant if you clarify what you want by email.
- Mark

Originally Posted by: PhillipL Go to Quoted Post
I have to echo the concerns about Reynaulds. I was a customer for many years and finally closed my account recently. I experienced the delays on receiving orders and in many cases never received them for over a year finally cancelling several orders out of pure frustration. It is very difficult to reach them over the phone. I also was extremely dissatisfied on their handling of defective items and damaged goods. I would suggest looking elsewhere.

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline DoTR  
#24 Posted : 03 February 2016 18:50:15(UTC)
DoTR

Turkey   
Thank you all for your valuable answers. It seems that I made a mistake by choosing Reynaulds. Sad
Offline Minok  
#25 Posted : 05 February 2016 21:24:15(UTC)
Minok

United States   
As apparently did I, having several cars on order with them. Its certainly frustrating to see things as being indicated as order-able and then getting the follow up email about "all items are out of stock". Why they cannot just put that information on their website data seems very odd. I'll be looking at the set of orders to Reynaulds with them in the beginning of next week to see where things stand. As my orders were only placed on Tuesday and Thursday, they have only had them for 1-3 days.

I will say I just checked by logging in and viewing my orders and what I am seeing is that some orders have shipped ) placed 3 days ago) -so they do not seem to be sending out emails once an item ships... which is very non-standard to normal internet retail. Additionally, for the shipped item, there appears to be a delay for them entering the tracking number information.... and once that happened, I DID get an email with the tracking info on the shipment. So for now I'm holding judgement - it may be a matter of what type of stuff one orders.

In total I've got 4 separate orders with them - one of which they indicate has shipped, 3 still being 'processed' (2 of the 3 placed yesterday). So I'll see what happens.

For the 29000, as this is a new from Märklin item for this year, I expect its not yet going out from the manufacturer, so I'm expecting that (a pre-order) to be sitting there for up to several months or more.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Minok  
#26 Posted : 05 February 2016 21:47:11(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post
Tasmania is one of the best kept secrets in the world. I attach a few scenes to whet your curiosity, but please do not tell too many people !!

Regards,

PJ

When I was down in Oz a few years ago on business I took the opportunity to take some time for vacation and saw a good bit of the mainland, but didn't have time to make it down to Tasmania. As its further south still, the weather has to be even more inviting. So do you get snow at all? And is Tasmania filled with the same level of crawly, slithery, and skittery creepy bitey things as the big island is?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline PJMärklin  
#27 Posted : 06 February 2016 06:53:24(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Hello Thomas,

I guess your questions and comments were directed to me ; how do you do?

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

When I was down in Oz a few years ago on business I took the opportunity to take some time for vacation and saw a good bit of the mainland, but didn't have time to make it down to Tasmania.

Then you have not seen the complete Australia - come back and do it again properly !

So do you get snow at all?

Rarely, snow will settle in our home gardens for half a day (nothing like the falls seen in Europe and Northern America, despite our latitude).
The following images show the snow on the last two occasions - 2008 and 2015 :

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

One should note that many other inland areas of Australia well north of us experience much more seasonal snow

......... And is Tasmania filled with the same level of crawly, slithery, and skittery creepy bitey things as the big island is?

Only in our parliament (our Houses of Government - the habitat of politicians)
[I recall in one trip to the U, S of A I was told that they had the best politicians in the world that money could buy, except they didn't stay bought (pardon my grammar) but this does seem to happen in every Country].

Some of our fauna is peculiar to Tasmania. We do have these cute creatures called "Tasmanian Devils" (check your search engine and see Ak's avatar) with survival of the species currently at threat due to a transmissible sarcoma :

UserPostedImage

and once had the now unfortunately probably extinct "Tasmanian Tiger" :

UserPostedImage

Regards from under downunder,

PJ
Offline baggio  
#28 Posted : 06 February 2016 14:16:01(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
You call THAT snow, P.J.? LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by baggio