Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Yaasan  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2013 08:45:54(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hello all. I'm sure Railuino is very nice project. Let's discuss about Railuino.

https://code.google.com/p/railuino/

By the way, I'm developing a software command station using Railuino. Of course, this command station is free software.
If you had interest with this try, please tell me your opinions.Blushing

Desktop Station:
http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/

Regards,RailuinoStation50.png

Edited by moderator 02 December 2016 22:16:33(UTC)  | Reason: Made topic Sticky

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline French_Fabrice  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2013 12:03:32(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Joined: 16/05/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,175
Location: Lyon, France
Hi !

Very interesting !

Do you have any plan for a linux version of the command station ?

Cheers
Fabrice
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2013 12:18:39(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Joined: 22/01/2009(UTC)
Posts: 12,345
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Yaasan,

welcome to the forum,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Yaasan  
#4 Posted : 01 June 2013 12:50:05(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thanks for reply.

Currently, I don't have a plan for a Linux version.
But I provide source code too. Anyone can update it.

On the other hand, WINE(http://www.winehq.org/) may have possibilities to run my command station in a Linux.
Also I Checked Desktop Station capability for the Linux mono platform. The result is OK. See an attached picture.

Originally Posted by: French_Fabrice Go to Quoted Post
Hi !

Very interesting !

Do you have any plan for a linux version of the command station ?

Cheers
Fabrice

Edited by user 02 June 2013 08:48:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yaasan attached the following image(s):
MomaCheck_DS.png
Offline Yaasan  
#5 Posted : 06 June 2013 00:56:05(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Currently, I'm developing shuttle control function like ESU ECOS50200.
Would you tell me that this implement is good or not good.


Yaasan attached the following image(s):
DS_SS_Shuttle.png
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#6 Posted : 06 June 2013 04:51:52(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Joined: 03/04/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,570
This looks like an excellent idea....and already you have made great progress! And with the Arduino platform, the possibilities are endless...like bluetooth communication and perhaps positioning of the trains with ultrasonic!

Paul
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 06 June 2013 07:36:36(UTC)
Goofy


Joined: 12/08/2006(UTC)
Posts: 7,850
Is this Railuino an digital system?
If so...it´s software which you shows up?
Offline Chook  
#8 Posted : 06 June 2013 10:09:47(UTC)
Chook

Australia   
Joined: 15/08/2012(UTC)
Posts: 226
Location: Perth, Western Australia.
Hi Yaasan. Could you explain to us how your shuttle control will work please?
I have a couple of friends using Arduino in a different role and they are really enthusiastic about it and the support which is available.

Regards.........Chook
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chook
Offline Yaasan  
#9 Posted : 06 June 2013 12:38:56(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
I took a video which is playing with shuttle control.

http://yaasan.mints.ne.j...gures/DS_ShuttleCtrl.mp4

By the way, "shuttle control" means to control some locomotives, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by: Chook Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan. Could you explain to us how your shuttle control will work please?
I have a couple of friends using Arduino in a different role and they are really enthusiastic about it and the support which is available.

Regards.........Chook

Yaasan attached the following image(s):
situation1.jpg
situation2.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline Yaasan  
#10 Posted : 06 June 2013 12:56:41(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thanks Paul,

It may be easy to play via Bluetooth. Because Desktop station uses only simple serial communication. "Serial_RS. ino" including inside Desktop station is required to change some lines when you play with bluetooth.

However, If we used Bluetooth, we have to connect the AC adapter to the Arduino board. X(
Consequently, I seem that connecting with USB is simple and useful.

Originally Posted by: CCS800KrokHunter3 Go to Quoted Post
This looks like an excellent idea....and already you have made great progress! And with the Arduino platform, the possibilities are endless...like bluetooth communication and perhaps positioning of the trains with ultrasonic!

Paul


Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 06 June 2013 14:29:33(UTC)
H0


Joined: 16/02/2004(UTC)
Posts: 13,396
Location: DE-NW
Hi!
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
By the way, "shuttle control" means to control some locomotives, doesn't it?
Most users will expect a trains that goes from A to B, stops for a while, continues to C, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B, stops for a while, goes back to A, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B and so on.

So it seems you only have "train control" (if there is neither automation nor feedback).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Chook  
#12 Posted : 06 June 2013 15:02:10(UTC)
Chook

Australia   
Joined: 15/08/2012(UTC)
Posts: 226
Location: Perth, Western Australia.
Yaasan that is a great start.
Are you now able to use track sensors to further control the trains?
Say addressable sensors which can be allocated to particular functions for a piece of track.
And the step after that would be to program a further addressable output which would allow the operation of points or turnouts under the control of certain sensors.

Are we going too fast for you?



Regards..Chook.
Offline Yaasan  
#13 Posted : 06 June 2013 15:18:52(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thanks for explaining and sorry everyone, I had misunderstood "shuttle control" means.

But fortunately, I have already developed a similar feature. I have named it teaching and script function.
I put an example video. Is this feature similar with "shuttle control"?

Playing video:
http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/figures/shuttledemo.mp4

I explain this feature. Firstly I taught to play locomotive as a script. Finally I run the script.
This feature doesn't require any sensors, because I don't have S88 devices. This feature has a weakness which electrical momentary stop confuses locomotive control.

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
By the way, "shuttle control" means to control some locomotives, doesn't it?
Most users will expect a trains that goes from A to B, stops for a while, continues to C, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B, stops for a while, goes back to A, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B and so on.

So it seems you only have "train control" (if there is neither automation nor feedback).

Edited by user 07 June 2013 00:35:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yaasan  
#14 Posted : 16 June 2013 00:15:19(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
I'm developing a function to change accessories graphically.

Because I don't have marklin 24624 double slip switch and 3-ways turnout, I'd like to know these turnouts mechanisms.
For example, I'd like to know the signal value which is related between an accessory address X and X+1.

Below is my estimating.

3Way turnout:
Address X:RED(0), X+1:RED(0) -> turn Left?
Address X:GREEN(1), X+1:GREEN(1)-> turn Right?
the others -> straight?

double slip switch:
?
Yaasan attached the following image(s):
DS_SS_Acc2.png
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline eroncelli  
#15 Posted : 16 June 2013 07:21:36(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
Joined: 16/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 124
Location: Bergamo - italy
Simply look the "motors"
a) double crossing has 1 motor (as any switch)
b) 3way switch (or turnout, depending if English or American) has 2 motors, ie it's made by 2 switches mounted very close to each other

Anyway, go on with this very, very interesting project
Offline Nielsenr  
#16 Posted : 16 June 2013 07:39:55(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Joined: 06/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 882
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Do you know if there is any Arduino code in this project to read the Marklin digital signal and turn the Arduino into a K83/K84 type device?

Robert
Offline Yaasan  
#17 Posted : 22 June 2013 22:24:28(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thanks for your reply, Nielsenr, eroncelli.

I add an icon of double crossing on desktop station. I will add a function for 3-way switch.

Yaasan attached the following image(s):
RS_SS_Acc.png
Offline SCWHIPPLE  
#18 Posted : 22 June 2013 23:10:07(UTC)
SCWHIPPLE

United States   
Joined: 29/01/2012(UTC)
Posts: 73
Location: Maryland, the not free at all state, USA
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for explaining and sorry everyone, I had misunderstood "shuttle control" means.

But fortunately, I have already developed a similar feature. I have named it teaching and script function.
I put an example video. Is this feature similar with "shuttle control"?

Playing video:
http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/figures/shuttledemo.mp4

I explain this feature. Firstly I taught to play locomotive as a script. Finally I run the script.
This feature doesn't require any sensors, because I don't have S88 devices. This feature has a weakness which electrical momentary stop confuses locomotive control.

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
By the way, "shuttle control" means to control some locomotives, doesn't it?
Most users will expect a trains that goes from A to B, stops for a while, continues to C, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B, stops for a while, goes back to A, stops for a while, reverses and goes back to B and so on.

So it seems you only have "train control" (if there is neither automation nor feedback).


The teaching is a cool feature, but the locomotive will drift over time and not start and stop in the same place. The sensors in the track would make sure it stops and starts always in the same places.
Offline Yaasan  
#19 Posted : 23 June 2013 07:11:00(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thank you for the opinion.

Railuino has two sensor features. The one is to use S88 decoder(TrackReporterS88), the other is a low cost alternative function (TrackReporterIOX).
It is not so difficult to implement a sensor's function for the Desktop Station.

Are Playing with sensors (shuttle control) popular with the Marklin users? If this feature is important, I will get S88 decoder and implement the sensor feature. Otherwise, low cost solution is better (but solder needed), I will implement low cost one.

Because of JMRI and Rocrail have already provided many computer control features, I aim that the Desktop Station provides mainly to operate locomotives. For example, playing with a joystick. (Raildriver or Japanese Densha-de-go train joysticks)

Raildriver: http://www.raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php
Densha-de-go train joysticks: http://poketetsu.web.fc2.com/tetsusim-cab.html (sorry, Japanese only)

Desktop Station has BVE (Japanese free train simulator, http://bvets.net/) key assignment. Because I have a train joystick corresponding to BVE.

Originally Posted by: SCWHIPPLE Go to Quoted Post


The teaching is a cool feature, but the locomotive will drift over time and not start and stop in the same place. The sensors in the track would make sure it stops and starts always in the same places.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline Yaasan  
#20 Posted : 15 August 2013 12:43:31(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi all,Blushing

I got many opinions of S88. Then I'm developing S88 function.
I show you prototype image and videos on the latest Desktop Station.
Please check below and tell me your request for Desktop Station.

Event editor

Viewer S88 sensors

S88 event editor on the Desktop Station:

S88 event editor

Wiring

Block diagram:

Block Diagram

The following is a shuttle train demo.BigGrin

Video 1

Video 2

As you know, an additional Arduino board is needed.
Because Railuino's S88 function occupies CPU power of Arduino's AVR microprocessors.

See also detail.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline TimR  
#21 Posted : 16 August 2013 20:51:57(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Joined: 16/08/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,752
Location: Jakarta
Hi Yaasan,
Haven't read this topic before...

I'm among the few who was thinking to bypass any future need of command station hardware.

I read thru your websites.
This is a really interesting project....

Unfortunately, at the moment, all my trains are in storage.
But I'm looking forward to try out your setup the next time I got the chance to run them again.

Cheers
Tim
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline Yaasan  
#22 Posted : 18 August 2013 03:58:03(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply.

I upload the latest Desktop Station 0.82d. This version supports S88 function.
How to setup is written in preparation page.



Originally Posted by: TimR Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan,
Haven't read this topic before...

I'm among the few who was thinking to bypass any future need of command station hardware.

I read thru your websites.
This is a really interesting project....

Unfortunately, at the moment, all my trains are in storage.
But I'm looking forward to try out your setup the next time I got the chance to run them again.

Cheers
Tim


Offline franciscohg  
#23 Posted : 18 August 2013 23:38:31(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
VERY interesting and, most of all, seems to be very fun too!!!!!
Was reading a little about Arduino, i think i will give it a try, also it seems very cool to interest the kids on!!!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline perz  
#24 Posted : 20 August 2013 20:22:02(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Joined: 12/01/2002(UTC)
Posts: 2,516
Location: Sweden
At my work we have built a small layout during the summer for certain testing purposes. We are using the Arduino to control it, but we connect the Arduino with the controlling PC via Ethernet. I haven't been much involved in it but it seems to work well from what I have seen.
Offline Yaasan  
#25 Posted : 22 August 2013 13:14:51(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Ethernet based Arduino control is interesting.

USB device server seems similar solution. Typically, USB device server uses as a gateway of printer. In Japan, USB device server price is about $60.

We can replace the USB cable to Ethernet including wifi from the command station to the PC.
Offline perz  
#26 Posted : 23 August 2013 23:45:43(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Joined: 12/01/2002(UTC)
Posts: 2,516
Location: Sweden
We use Ethernet because then we can plug it into our ordinary LAN and it can be accessed by the different users from their respective workstations at their normal offices. USB is only suitable if you have the PC close to the layout, which is not always the case for us. But for the ordinary user I think USB is just as good.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by perz
Offline Purellum  
#27 Posted : 24 August 2013 06:38:09(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Joined: 08/11/2005(UTC)
Posts: 2,924
Location: Mullerup, 4200 Slagelse
Cool

Thank you yaasan, keep up the very good work.

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#28 Posted : 25 August 2013 22:29:16(UTC)
Webmaster


Joined: 25/07/2001(UTC)
Posts: 10,782
I think Ethernet is the way to go for a general solution with Ardunio. That is of course my personal view of it...

Nowadays you do not necessarily have a dedicated PC to control the layout via a direct cable. I myself use a Märklin CS1 and CS2 + iPods & iPad...
My CS:s are interconnected via Ethernet, and the pod/pad devices use wifi on the home LAN, as well as a PC with train control software for the CS1...

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline nilkram58  
#29 Posted : 09 September 2013 23:26:48(UTC)
nilkram58

Greece   
Joined: 18/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 158
Location: Athens, Greece
Yaasan,
very interesting project, with great potential !! Congratulations and keep up the good work !!

Akis
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nilkram58
Offline Yaasan  
#30 Posted : 12 September 2013 00:14:44(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Akis,

Thanks.

I have next step which aims to support Ethernet with using Raspberry pi etc.
Now I'm considering to change main programming language from C# to node.js for Ethernet support and server style.

Originally Posted by: nilkram58 Go to Quoted Post
Yaasan,
very interesting project, with great potential !! Congratulations and keep up the good work !!

Akis


Offline franciscohg  
#31 Posted : 15 September 2013 05:11:53(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Ok, all the hardware arrived in the past few days, so today i have finished the assembly, setup the software, and it works nice!!!!!!!!
Will continue play in the next days and see......BigGrin
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#32 Posted : 15 September 2013 16:10:18(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hi, the program runs ok, but i am not being able to run any mfx loc....no problem with DCC and MM2....
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Yaasan  
#33 Posted : 16 September 2013 23:53:50(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
I know this problem.

In my analyze, 60113 sends a lot of unknown packets to CAN bus when mfx loco places on the rail. Then Arduino which Railuino wrote would be freezing.

See below. This is CAN packet monitor on Arduino. Unknow packet is not described in http://medienpdb.maerkli...cs2CAN-Protokoll-2_0.pdf

DIR CMND R HASH HASH LNGT DAT0 DAT1 DAT2 DAT3 DAT4 DAT5 DAT6 DAT7
--- ---- - ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
==> df24 1b 5 00 00 00 00 11
<== df24 00 7 00 00 00 00 09 00 0d
<== 8b2b R 00 7 00 00 00 00 09 00 0d
<== df24 00 6 00 00 00 00 08 07
<== df24 00 5 00 00 00 00 01
<== 8b2b R 00 5 00 00 00 00 01
<== 0300 R 01 6 7f ff ff ff 03 fa <- unknown packet
<== 0300 R 01 6 7f ff ff ff 04 fb <- unknown packet


However I have a temporary solution. Please try following.

(1) Prepare MS2.
(2) Connect 60113 and MS2. Don't connect Arduino.
(3) Place the mfx loco on the rail.
(4) Run the mfx loco.
(5) Stop the mfx loco. Set the mfx loco speed zero.
(6) Turn off the 60113 and Remove MS2.
(7) Connect Arduino and 60113.
(8) Connect Arduino and PC.
(9) Turn on the 60113.
(10) Run Desktop Station. Let's retry!

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hi, the program runs ok, but i am not being able to run any mfx loc....no problem with DCC and MM2....
Offline franciscohg  
#34 Posted : 18 September 2013 04:38:58(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hi Yaasan, no luck with mfx locos, but anyway i am having great fun, also exploring more Arduino stuff.
there is a great piece of software you have writen so far!
Thanks!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Yaasan  
#35 Posted : 05 October 2013 23:48:55(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi franciscohg、
I update Desktop Station 0.84b.

This version may support mfx locos. Please test it in your environment.


Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan, no luck with mfx locos, but anyway i am having great fun, also exploring more Arduino stuff.
there is a great piece of software you have writen so far!
Thanks!

Offline franciscohg  
#36 Posted : 06 October 2013 16:31:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hello Yaasan, now it works!! but not completely Cool
The loco register itself, but as unknown mfx loco, also it seems that commands are not send in the right way, the running is not smooth and there trouble with sound functions...
I would love to help you more, but my programming abilities are far, far of the ones required for that kind of program.
Anyway, i must say it again, great work!!! Hope you can solve all the issues with mfx locos.
Other option would be to simply let the command station run with DCC and MM2
Cheers
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Yaasan  
#37 Posted : 17 October 2013 01:12:11(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thank you for reporting.

Some users report me the same problems which don't run smooth and so on. I'd like to analyze this problem.
May I know your mfx locomotive ArtNo? Currently I have below list of OK and NG locomotives.

OK locomotives:
marklin 37462, SBB Re460
marklin 37051, DB BR05-002
marklin 37577, DB BR103
marklin 39647, BR64
marklin 60946, mSD
marklin 60945, mSD
marklin 37137, EB 3/5

NG locomotives:
marklin 39022, der Bad. IVh

Desktop Station 0.85a is added a function which monitors the recognition process of MS2 and adjusts mfx locomotive address automatically .
The MS2 recognition process and the recognition process of Desktop Station are different. If you use MS2 and Desktop Station same time or mutually, you have to set same locomotive address.

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hello Yaasan, now it works!! but not completely Cool
The loco register itself, but as unknown mfx loco, also it seems that commands are not send in the right way, the running is not smooth and there trouble with sound functions...
I would love to help you more, but my programming abilities are far, far of the ones required for that kind of program.
Anyway, i must say it again, great work!!! Hope you can solve all the issues with mfx locos.
Other option would be to simply let the command station run with DCC and MM2
Cheers
Francisco
Offline franciscohg  
#38 Posted : 17 October 2013 02:17:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hello Yaasan, i will check with the newer versión and more mfx locos on Friday and then let you know
Cheers
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#39 Posted : 17 October 2013 08:54:07(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Joined: 22/06/2011(UTC)
Posts: 544
Yaasan, great work!
Just stumbled across this thread. This project looks awesome! Will be reading everything through and trying this out in the near future. Of course I will report back!
Finally there is a way for PC control without the need of a CS1/CS2/Ecos!

Are there any plans on making this MacOS compatible? If so, do you need any help? Just drop me a PM and we can talk.

Regards,
Oliver

SBB Era IV - VI
Offline Yaasan  
#40 Posted : 19 October 2013 11:17:37(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your interest.

Because Desktop Station is written in Microsoft C# with Windows.Forms, the portability is currently difficult.
If you have Windows license, please use Apple's bootcamp or third parties's Parallels Desktop, VMWare fusion.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS Go to Quoted Post
Yaasan, great work!
Just stumbled across this thread. This project looks awesome! Will be reading everything through and trying this out in the near future. Of course I will report back!
Finally there is a way for PC control without the need of a CS1/CS2/Ecos!

Are there any plans on making this MacOS compatible? If so, do you need any help? Just drop me a PM and we can talk.

Regards,
Oliver


Offline Lollo  
#41 Posted : 20 October 2013 07:54:24(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Joined: 22/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 365
Hi Yaasan,

I have followed this post, and are impressed with the work you have done.
I intend to give this a try soon. It looks really impressive to me, and now we have an affordable option for PC control.
I have an MS2, and the authentic Arduino Uno R3 & the Seed Studio Canbus sheild are available here in NZ at nice prices.
I run all my locomotives with ESU decoders & DCC protocol, rather than MM2.

Thank you for your efforts on this. I'm sure it will be popular.

Regards,
Brian.

Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline Yaasan  
#42 Posted : 20 October 2013 13:59:43(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi all,

I found a topic in the another forum.

I seem Desktop Station has a problem which form size is strange. This problem seems to be caused by font settings.
Probably I have improved this problem in the latest version 0.85b.

Could someone try this version?

Best regards,
Yaasan

Offline franciscohg  
#43 Posted : 21 October 2013 00:30:35(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hello Yaasan, yes, there were an issue before with the form size, thought it was something with my monitor settings, but now is fixed.
Also tried automatic registering process with 39017 and 37960, working fine so far.
Regards
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#44 Posted : 21 October 2013 14:51:37(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Joined: 22/06/2011(UTC)
Posts: 544
Just ordered the control box for MS2. Also a Arduino and Network Shield is on it's way. Hopefully I will have everything by the end of the week. I do not like waiting for fun things like these.. Smile
I am going to commence building of the canbus cable/rj-45 tonight or tomorrow. I have not been able to source a 10 pole mini-din however so I will sacrifice a cable from an old MS1 and use a multimeter to indentify pins and map them to the leads in the cable.
SBB Era IV - VI
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#45 Posted : 25 October 2013 23:04:08(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Joined: 22/06/2011(UTC)
Posts: 544
Hi!

Just finished building the cable and everything. I am running into a problem though. Please see the attached image. I get an error when trying to compile/upload the Serial_RS4 file. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Oliver
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS attached the following image(s):
problem.png
SBB Era IV - VI
Offline franciscohg  
#46 Posted : 26 October 2013 00:55:05(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Hello Oliver.
Did you remember to copy the railuino library to the Arduino directory?
franciscohg attached the following image(s):
ard.jpg
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#47 Posted : 26 October 2013 01:00:24(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Joined: 10/07/2002(UTC)
Posts: 3,119
Location: Patagonia
Or perhaps renaming it since when you unzip it, the name is src.
The zipped file structure is Railuino/src/files.
You have to make it src/files, copy to the libraries directory and then rename src to railuino
Hope this helps
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#48 Posted : 28 October 2013 09:35:09(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Joined: 22/06/2011(UTC)
Posts: 544
Thank you for the tip Fransisco! I had forgotten to rename the folder. I was certain I did but apparently not. Smile

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Or perhaps renaming it since when you unzip it, the name is src.
The zipped file structure is Railuino/src/files.
You have to make it src/files, copy to the libraries directory and then rename src to railuino
Hope this helps



Now to the new problem:

Since I was not able to source a 10 pin mini din plug I decided to sacrifice one of a defective Mobile Station 1. By using a multimeter I mapped the pins to the correct wires. Since I can't see the actual pin schematic and numbers I closely studied the images and diagram at http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/ready.html.
I believe I have correctly mapped the pins and soldered to the correct pins on the 9pin D-SUB.

After my first try I put all of the things together including the trackbox, arduiono etc. Fired up Desktop Station and opened COM6. Seems to work. Desktop station also identifies the trackbox. So far so good, right?
Now this is where it gets strange.

The first loco I tried was actually an mfx loco. I am aware of the possible issues with mfx but just thought I would try anyway. Guess what, it actually detected it right away! Took a few seconds but then "unidentified mfx loc" showed up. This is a loco I converted myself with the 60947 kit. However after detecting it I was not able to control the loco or it's functions. I tried playing around with the settings for a while but gave up.

After this I tried with a delta locomotive. Set the adress to 24 using the dip switches. Added "24" in dekstop station. No reaction. I see in the console it sends loco speed and ping etc and also recieves some "random?" data. However I fail to control the locomotive. It does however move. Slowly forward. If I press stop. Then start. The loco is at standstill at first. Then slowly starts to move. It is like it takes my "accelerate" command very slowly.

Everything stops/goes if i press STOP/GO in desktop station. So I seem to have some control.

My analysis

Flashing the Arduino was straight forward. I don't believe I could have done anything wrong there.

Setting all the hardware up was straight forward except for the cable.

The Desktop Station application does receive information. Registering the mfx loco confirms that. I do not seem to have any control though. I tried desoldering pin 2 at the D-SUB end. That resulted in errors and emergency stops in the console so this leads me to believe that if the cable would be incorrectly soldered, I would receive errors in the console?

I have yet to try a regular FX loco. I am going to my parents after work to pick one up from my storage there. I do not see why delta locos would not work though. One idea is that they could be struggling with the "acceleration delay" when adding locos but I haven't had time to try this morning. Could that be the reason for the delta loco not working as it should? The speedometer did move accordingly when increasing the speed.

My conclusion is that my likely issue is either:
A: Incorrectly soldered cable
B: Delta loco/issues with acceleration delay.

If I manage to get a regular FX loco to work I know the problem with the Delta loco. If I don't it must be the cable. I guess I will have to strip the plug of the plastic and do it the "ugly" way to ensure the pin mapping is correct if that is the case.

Unfortunately I am "stuck" at work for 8 more hours but I will be checking in here often as I would love to get this working Smile.

Any ideas as to what my problem may be? Smile
SBB Era IV - VI
Offline Yaasan  
#49 Posted : 28 October 2013 10:45:00(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reporting.

Your first practice is probably correct because the mfx loco is recognized. The configuration seems bad in this practice.

Desoldring your cable seems to cause a bad result. CAN_H and CAN_L must be soldered. VCC and GND are recommended to solder. If you had already soldered CAN_H and CAN_L, don't mind to solder GND and VCC. Also please check short pins or pins of CAN_H and CAN_L soldered.

Console has a debug message like "<-- xxxx" or "--> xxxx". Don't mind.

Please type 23 or 22 or the others to register Desktop Station.

If you have MS2, Please connect MS2 to 60113. Also connect Arduino too.
You can see MS2's commands in the Console.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the tip Fransisco! I had forgotten to rename the folder. I was certain I did but apparently not. Smile

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Or perhaps renaming it since when you unzip it, the name is src.
The zipped file structure is Railuino/src/files.
You have to make it src/files, copy to the libraries directory and then rename src to railuino
Hope this helps



Now to the new problem:

Since I was not able to source a 10 pin mini din plug I decided to sacrifice one of a defective Mobile Station 1. By using a multimeter I mapped the pins to the correct wires. Since I can't see the actual pin schematic and numbers I closely studied the images and diagram at http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/ready.html.
I believe I have correctly mapped the pins and soldered to the correct pins on the 9pin D-SUB.

After my first try I put all of the things together including the trackbox, arduiono etc. Fired up Desktop Station and opened COM6. Seems to work. Desktop station also identifies the trackbox. So far so good, right?
Now this is where it gets strange.

The first loco I tried was actually an mfx loco. I am aware of the possible issues with mfx but just thought I would try anyway. Guess what, it actually detected it right away! Took a few seconds but then "unidentified mfx loc" showed up. This is a loco I converted myself with the 60947 kit. However after detecting it I was not able to control the loco or it's functions. I tried playing around with the settings for a while but gave up.

After this I tried with a delta locomotive. Set the adress to 24 using the dip switches. Added "24" in dekstop station. No reaction. I see in the console it sends loco speed and ping etc and also recieves some "random?" data. However I fail to control the locomotive. It does however move. Slowly forward. If I press stop. Then start. The loco is at standstill at first. Then slowly starts to move. It is like it takes my "accelerate" command very slowly.

Everything stops/goes if i press STOP/GO in desktop station. So I seem to have some control.

My analysis

Flashing the Arduino was straight forward. I don't believe I could have done anything wrong there.

Setting all the hardware up was straight forward except for the cable.

The Desktop Station application does receive information. Registering the mfx loco confirms that. I do not seem to have any control though. I tried desoldering pin 2 at the D-SUB end. That resulted in errors and emergency stops in the console so this leads me to believe that if the cable would be incorrectly soldered, I would receive errors in the console?

I have yet to try a regular FX loco. I am going to my parents after work to pick one up from my storage there. I do not see why delta locos would not work though. One idea is that they could be struggling with the "acceleration delay" when adding locos but I haven't had time to try this morning. Could that be the reason for the delta loco not working as it should? The speedometer did move accordingly when increasing the speed.

My conclusion is that my likely issue is either:
A: Incorrectly soldered cable
B: Delta loco/issues with acceleration delay.

If I manage to get a regular FX loco to work I know the problem with the Delta loco. If I don't it must be the cable. I guess I will have to strip the plug of the plastic and do it the "ugly" way to ensure the pin mapping is correct if that is the case.

Unfortunately I am "stuck" at work for 8 more hours but I will be checking in here often as I would love to get this working Smile.

Any ideas as to what my problem may be? Smile


thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#50 Posted : 28 October 2013 10:57:10(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Joined: 22/06/2011(UTC)
Posts: 544
Hi Yaasan!

Thank you for your reply! I have to quit work early today.. This is just too exiting! Smile

I am not really sure what you mean by this:
"Please type 23 or 22 or the others to register Desktop Station. "
Do you mean that I should try other decoder adresses? Or are you referring to the delay of acceleration etc when adding locos manually?

CAN_H and CAN_L as I understand is send/receive. Is one pin send and one receive, or do they both do the same thing in duplex?

So just to be clear, I can try without soldering VCC and GND?

Perhaps I should resolder the cable tonight just to try?

I will try just soldering the CAN_H and CAN_L then. Probably a good idea to minimize my confusion. Smile.

Also, have you tried Desktop Station with locos that are equipped with delta decoders? The reason I ask is that I suspect that perhaps the delta decoder's few speed steps could be an issue if adding the loco and not changing the acceleration delay setting. What do you think?

I don't actually own a Mobile Station 2. I just bought the connector box for this project so I can't try with that. I do have a Mobile Station 1 though. Will that work? I presume it won't work with the MS2 connector box?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate your answers! Smile

Kind regards,
/Oliver

Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reporting.

Your first practice is probably correct because the mfx loco is recognized. The configuration seems bad in this practice.

Desoldring your cable seems to cause a bad result. CAN_H and CAN_L must be soldered. VCC and GND are recommended to solder. If you had already soldered CAN_H and CAN_L, don't mind to solder GND and VCC. Also please check short pins or pins of CAN_H and CAN_L soldered.

Console has a debug message like "<-- xxxx" or "--> xxxx". Don't mind.

Please type 23 or 22 or the others to register Desktop Station.

If you have MS2, Please connect MS2 to 60113. Also connect Arduino too.
You can see MS2's commands in the Console.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the tip Fransisco! I had forgotten to rename the folder. I was certain I did but apparently not. Smile

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Or perhaps renaming it since when you unzip it, the name is src.
The zipped file structure is Railuino/src/files.
You have to make it src/files, copy to the libraries directory and then rename src to railuino
Hope this helps



Now to the new problem:

Since I was not able to source a 10 pin mini din plug I decided to sacrifice one of a defective Mobile Station 1. By using a multimeter I mapped the pins to the correct wires. Since I can't see the actual pin schematic and numbers I closely studied the images and diagram at http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/ready.html.
I believe I have correctly mapped the pins and soldered to the correct pins on the 9pin D-SUB.

After my first try I put all of the things together including the trackbox, arduiono etc. Fired up Desktop Station and opened COM6. Seems to work. Desktop station also identifies the trackbox. So far so good, right?
Now this is where it gets strange.

The first loco I tried was actually an mfx loco. I am aware of the possible issues with mfx but just thought I would try anyway. Guess what, it actually detected it right away! Took a few seconds but then "unidentified mfx loc" showed up. This is a loco I converted myself with the 60947 kit. However after detecting it I was not able to control the loco or it's functions. I tried playing around with the settings for a while but gave up.

After this I tried with a delta locomotive. Set the adress to 24 using the dip switches. Added "24" in dekstop station. No reaction. I see in the console it sends loco speed and ping etc and also recieves some "random?" data. However I fail to control the locomotive. It does however move. Slowly forward. If I press stop. Then start. The loco is at standstill at first. Then slowly starts to move. It is like it takes my "accelerate" command very slowly.

Everything stops/goes if i press STOP/GO in desktop station. So I seem to have some control.

My analysis

Flashing the Arduino was straight forward. I don't believe I could have done anything wrong there.

Setting all the hardware up was straight forward except for the cable.

The Desktop Station application does receive information. Registering the mfx loco confirms that. I do not seem to have any control though. I tried desoldering pin 2 at the D-SUB end. That resulted in errors and emergency stops in the console so this leads me to believe that if the cable would be incorrectly soldered, I would receive errors in the console?

I have yet to try a regular FX loco. I am going to my parents after work to pick one up from my storage there. I do not see why delta locos would not work though. One idea is that they could be struggling with the "acceleration delay" when adding locos but I haven't had time to try this morning. Could that be the reason for the delta loco not working as it should? The speedometer did move accordingly when increasing the speed.

My conclusion is that my likely issue is either:
A: Incorrectly soldered cable
B: Delta loco/issues with acceleration delay.

If I manage to get a regular FX loco to work I know the problem with the Delta loco. If I don't it must be the cable. I guess I will have to strip the plug of the plastic and do it the "ugly" way to ensure the pin mapping is correct if that is the case.

Unfortunately I am "stuck" at work for 8 more hours but I will be checking in here often as I would love to get this working Smile.

Any ideas as to what my problem may be? Smile


SBB Era IV - VI
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
5 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.512 seconds.