Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Yaasan  
#101 Posted : 22 December 2013 13:18:05(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Khanzir,

It seems that header pins of CAN-BUS Shield is not soldered. You have to solder header pins of Sparkfun's CAN-BUS Shield.
Please see how to solder header pins.

After soldered, you need to connect Arduino and CAN-BUS Shield like this.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
Hello Yaasan.
I took some pics, please see attached. should I be re soldering? or there is something wrong with the setup.


Offline billys7  
#102 Posted : 22 December 2013 14:03:18(UTC)
billys7

Greece   
Joined: 27/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: Athens - Greece
How do you connect the CAN Bus sheild to arduino module ?
Offline Khanzir  
#103 Posted : 22 December 2013 14:50:13(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
Hi Yaasan

I just did as you said and have reconnected everything. of course my CAN BUS Shield is from spark fun so had to put it the other way around. but all connected and soldered. its pinging so lets see when it recognizes the locomotive. there is current in the tracks.
For protocol I used DCC with address as 41.
Khanzir attached the following image(s):
scr4.png
arduino 001.JPG
arduino 002.JPG
arduino 003.JPG
Offline Yaasan  
#104 Posted : 22 December 2013 23:36:31(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hello Khanzir,

Arduino seems not work correctly. Did you upload Serial_RS4.ino? Soldering is not beautiful but probably ok.

After uploading Serial_RS4.ino, please open Serial Monitor on the Arduino IDE's tools menu.
You can see serial datas. If you saw as below messages, your upload is correct.


Desktop Station Interface with Arduino

100 Ready

*Note Connect 60113 and CAN-BUS Shield connects using CAN cable in this situation.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan

I just did as you said and have reconnected everything. of course my CAN BUS Shield is from spark fun so had to put it the other way around. but all connected and soldered. its pinging so lets see when it recognizes the locomotive. there is current in the tracks.
For protocol I used DCC with address as 41.


Offline Khanzir  
#105 Posted : 23 December 2013 00:12:11(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
will delete Railuino from the library and up load again. start from there and see.
thanks so much, Yaasan. been waiting for you response.

so now this is what I see!!
Khanzir attached the following image(s):
scr5.png
Offline Yaasan  
#106 Posted : 23 December 2013 00:54:33(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Khanzir,

Did you choose Arduino board on the Arduino IDE?

[img="http://learn.adafruit.com/assets/10763"]board[/img]

Your log shows sync error. This sync error is caused by choosing an incorrect board.
In this situation, Desktop Station can't work correctly.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
will delete Railuino from the library and up load again. start from there and see.
thanks so much, Yaasan. been waiting for you response.

so now this is what I see!!
Offline Khanzir  
#107 Posted : 23 December 2013 01:12:06(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
under Arduino IDE I clicked on Arduino 1.0.5 and used windows instller to down load.
Offline Khanzir  
#108 Posted : 23 December 2013 01:19:04(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
reinstalling with zip file. wonder how it worked the last time I had trouble and you helped me and it uploaded correctly then this time there is a problem. ? software corrupted.
Offline Khanzir  
#109 Posted : 23 December 2013 01:30:22(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Khanzir,

Did you choose Arduino board on the Arduino IDE?

[img="http://learn.adafruit.com/assets/10763"]board[/img]

Your log shows sync error. This sync error is caused by choosing an incorrect board.
In this situation, Desktop Station can't work correctly.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
will delete Railuino from the library and up load again. start from there and see.
thanks so much, Yaasan. been waiting for you response.

so now this is what I see!!


I did select Arduino Uno on the board option.
Offline Khanzir  
#110 Posted : 23 December 2013 01:35:22(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
WoW!! it was the COM port issue. I checked in device manager and arduino is connected to port 3. changed that and voila!!. thanks Yassan. have to be away for 2 days to NYC. will try and run it now. if not have to give it up for now. hate to get away but I guess one has to work too!!

New Issue: Man..., below is the screen shot.
and this...
Khanzir attached the following image(s):
scr6.png
scr7.png
Offline Yaasan  
#111 Posted : 23 December 2013 23:41:46(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Khanzir,

Your screen shot shows that Arduino with CAN-BUS Shield doesn't connect with 60113.
You have to check between CAN-BUS Shield and 60113, for example cable and connectors. Also check power supply of 60113.

I can't see whether connector pins is soldered correctly or not.

Please check my cable assemble guide.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
WoW!! it was the COM port issue. I checked in device manager and arduino is connected to port 3. changed that and voila!!. thanks Yassan. have to be away for 2 days to NYC. will try and run it now. if not have to give it up for now. hate to get away but I guess one has to work too!!

New Issue: Man..., below is the screen shot.
and this...


Offline Khanzir  
#112 Posted : 24 December 2013 22:45:53(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
I thought so and was planning to do just that. Have not been able to find glue locally so will have to search on line. meantime will re solder again. I am using the conventional numbers for the Mini din pins and D sub Pins and have used the table you provided.
Will report back soon. I have a day off tomorrow and guess it will be spent trying to work this out.
Thanks Yaasan.

Edited by user 25 December 2013 22:55:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Khanzir attached the following image(s):
$T2eC16RHJH0FG1IL1huUBR4K1HeHvw~~60_57.jpg
Offline Khanzir  
#113 Posted : 25 December 2013 22:53:02(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post
I thought so and was planning to do just that. Have not been able to find glue locally so will have to search on line. meantime will re solder again. I am using the conventional numbers for the Mini din pins and D sub Pins and have used the table you provided.
Will report back soon. I have a day off tomorrow and guess it will be spent trying to work this out.
Thanks Yaasan.


Well, the engine did move once a long way and twice just a little twitch and then it stopped. then I realized I have Marklin 66361 which uses 230V. while in US we use 110 volts. could that be the problem? I really did not read and thought its like the Cell Phone chargers all ready for any kind of voltage. maybe I need a step up transformer......
Khanzir attached the following image(s):
$T2eC16RHJH0FG1IL1huUBR4K1HeHvw~~60_57.jpg
Offline Yaasan  
#114 Posted : 25 December 2013 23:00:54(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Good morning Khanzir,

You don't need a step-up transformer. I'm using 66361 in Japan. East Japan uses 110V/50Hz (West Japan uses 110V/60Hz) like you.
66361 descriptions are written for European people. However 66361 can use 110V too.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post

Well, the engine did move once a long way and twice just a little twitch and then it stopped. then I realized I have Marklin 66361 which uses 230V. while in US we use 110 volts. could that be the problem? I really did not read and thought its like the Cell Phone chargers all ready for any kind of voltage. maybe I need a step up transformer......
Offline Khanzir  
#115 Posted : 25 December 2013 23:32:08(UTC)
Khanzir

United States   
Joined: 26/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 55
Location: delaware
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Good morning Khanzir,

You don't need a step-up transformer. I'm using 66361 in Japan. East Japan uses 110V/50Hz (West Japan uses 110V/60Hz) like you.
66361 descriptions are written for European people. However 66361 can use 110V too.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Khanzir Go to Quoted Post

Well, the engine did move once a long way and twice just a little twitch and then it stopped. then I realized I have Marklin 66361 which uses 230V. while in US we use 110 volts. could that be the problem? I really did not read and thought its like the Cell Phone chargers all ready for any kind of voltage. maybe I need a step up transformer......


Thanks a lot. so despite the gibberish I get on looking at serial monitor, it worked for a bit. I had to resolder the wires and looked at the configuration of the pins and D sub again. I destroyed the pins, so have ordered new ones. meantime tried working with what I had and it did move. that was a huge relief. now have to make it work consistently. you were right about the connection between the shield and 60113. so that has to be fixed. I got this 60113 on the ebay so not sure its a great piece. the power connector seems defective and not sure I can fix that. so maybe will have to order another one. Thanks again Yaasan!!. really appreciate it.
I am really enjoying the challenge, to the exclusion of everything else!!. not good!
Offline cgmolina  
#116 Posted : 26 December 2013 18:37:34(UTC)
cgmolina


Joined: 17/01/2004(UTC)
Posts: 4
Location: Buenos Aires,
Thanks Yaasan,


best regards

CM



Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi CM,

You can buy Arduino at DIY shop. for example, http://www.watterott.com/de/Railuino-Komponenten.

Desktop Station supports MM2, mfx, DCC which are same as MS2.

Best regards,
Yaasan


Originally Posted by: cgmolina Go to Quoted Post
Hello Yaasan,

It seems to be an excellent alternaive ThumpUp

Where can we buy Arduino?

what protocols does it use? MFX?

Thanks and best regards

CM


Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hello all. I'm sure Railuino is very nice project. Let's discuss about Railuino.

https://code.google.com/p/railuino/

By the way, I'm developing a software command station using Railuino. Of course, this command station is free software.
If you had interest with this try, please tell me your opinions.Blushing

Desktop Station:
http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/

Regards,




Offline cgmolina  
#117 Posted : 26 December 2013 19:10:38(UTC)
cgmolina


Joined: 17/01/2004(UTC)
Posts: 4
Location: Buenos Aires,
Hello Yaasan ,
sorry about this but I'm a little confuse of what to buy

I'm looking in AMAZON, what is the exactly componets of Arduino I have to buy?

I have one Marklin Mobile 2 with the transformer and the conextion box

Thanks and best regards

CM




Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hello all. I'm sure Railuino is very nice project. Let's discuss about Railuino.

https://code.google.com/p/railuino/

By the way, I'm developing a software command station using Railuino. Of course, this command station is free software.
If you had interest with this try, please tell me your opinions.Blushing

Desktop Station:
http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/

Regards,


Offline Yaasan  
#118 Posted : 26 December 2013 23:44:12(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi CM,

I recommend you to buy Arduino UNO R3 or compatible one. You also need CAN-BUS Shield and CAN cable.

I'm using Seeedstudio's CAN-BUS shield. Seeedstudio sells Arduino UNO R3 too.

-CAN-BUS Shield
http://www.seeedstudio.c...-p-1240.html?cPath=19_89

-Arduino UNO R3
http://www.seeedstudio.c...ev3-p-694.html?cPath=6_7

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: cgmolina Go to Quoted Post
Hello Yaasan ,
sorry about this but I'm a little confuse of what to buy

I'm looking in AMAZON, what is the exactly componets of Arduino I have to buy?

I have one Marklin Mobile 2 with the transformer and the conextion box

Thanks and best regards

CM



Offline henry  
#119 Posted : 08 January 2014 18:31:52(UTC)
henry

Germany   
Joined: 03/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yaasan,

Your Desktop Station is a great project!
I've tested it with the Watterott components and the S88 modul 78832 from TRAINMODULES .
All works fine! Next time, after I understand all functions Smile , I want to prepare the german language file.
Are you planning to extend the functions in Desktop Station? For example to programming loc-decoder or to insert a double slip switch in the track diagram panel?

Regards,
Henry from Germany
Offline John Hoek  
#120 Posted : 09 January 2014 07:49:30(UTC)
John Hoek

Netherlands   
Joined: 04/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yassaan,

I have tried your desktop station with MS2 and have found two errors.

- All DCC accessories are 1 adress to low listwd in Desktop station. ->I use DCC accessories for my turnouts. They are listed form adress 1 to xx. In my MS2 i can select turnout nr. 2 and control it. In Desktop Station however this same turnout is listed as nr 1 instead! (and so on for turnout nr. 3; this is listed in Desktop Station as nr 2, etc. etc.)

- Why can't Desktop station not use the standard accelerate/decelerate settings programmed into of the locs? -> to use the controls, the accelleration is to slow for my locs to work properly (old m-tracks). I like to have some direct speed setting with the controls and let the loc do his own job and accelerate/decelerate with his programmed setting. This could be may be an option in Desktop station.


Likes to have:
- Some automatic routing / control from trains on the track is nice. But also automaticly find alternative routes if there is anonther train on the route (for instance by manual control). For instance like Rocrail does.
Offline Yaasan  
#121 Posted : 11 January 2014 00:30:35(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Thanks Henry,

Yes, I have some plan. Your advise is fine, I'll add a double slip switch in the track diagram.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: henry Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan,

Your Desktop Station is a great project!
I've tested it with the Watterott components and the S88 modul 78832 from TRAINMODULES .
All works fine! Next time, after I understand all functions Smile , I want to prepare the german language file.
Are you planning to extend the functions in Desktop Station? For example to programming loc-decoder or to insert a double slip switch in the track diagram panel?

Regards,
Henry from Germany


Offline Yaasan  
#122 Posted : 11 January 2014 00:53:21(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi John,

Thank you for e-mail and this post.

Desktop Station seems to have a bug which is DCC turnouts addressing. Probably I missed the DCC address offset value.

Desktop Station has 2 speed control functions. Probably you are using power control mode. I recommend you to
use speed control mode. You can change to click right on the speed lever. Please try.

Automatic position recognition is difficult for Desktop Station. Because 60113 doesn't have a function which finds a locomotive position.

Best regards,
Yaasan


Originally Posted by: John Hoek Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yassaan,

I have tried your desktop station with MS2 and have found two errors.

- All DCC accessories are 1 adress to low listwd in Desktop station. ->I use DCC accessories for my turnouts. They are listed form adress 1 to xx. In my MS2 i can select turnout nr. 2 and control it. In Desktop Station however this same turnout is listed as nr 1 instead! (and so on for turnout nr. 3; this is listed in Desktop Station as nr 2, etc. etc.)

- Why can't Desktop station not use the standard accelerate/decelerate settings programmed into of the locs? -> to use the controls, the accelleration is to slow for my locs to work properly (old m-tracks). I like to have some direct speed setting with the controls and let the loc do his own job and accelerate/decelerate with his programmed setting. This could be may be an option in Desktop station.


Likes to have:
- Some automatic routing / control from trains on the track is nice. But also automaticly find alternative routes if there is anonther train on the route (for instance by manual control). For instance like Rocrail does.


Offline henry  
#123 Posted : 12 January 2014 22:50:36(UTC)
henry

Germany   
Joined: 03/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Henry,

Yes, I have some plan. Your advise is fine, I'll add a double slip switch in the track diagram.

Best regards,
Yaasan



Hi Yaasan,

Nice to hear that the Desktop Station project grows. I plan to use it for my new (first) model train project.
Is it possible to integrate a Bluetooth connection from Desktop Station to the CAN-shield? In the Railuino examples I found some code for it.

Best regards,
Henry

Offline Yaasan  
#124 Posted : 12 January 2014 23:16:27(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Henry,

Probably you can use a bluetooth shield. Between Arduino and PC uses hardware serial. Your bluetooth shield has to change jumper pins to select serial type. Use hardware serial D0 and D1.

Desktop Station requires serial port. bluetooth shield is capable to connect Arduino and PC with Desktop Station as serialport via bluetooth.

But you can edit baudrate in the Serial_RS4.ino. For example, 115200 to 9600. Because 115200bps is very highspeed and not reliable for bluetooth. 9600bps is good for bluetooth. Do not forget to change baudrate of Desktop Station configuration too.


Serial_RS4.ino:

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200); <-- change to 9600
while (!Serial);



Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: henry Go to Quoted Post

Hi Yaasan,

Nice to hear that the Desktop Station project grows. I plan to use it for my new (first) model train project.
Is it possible to integrate a Bluetooth connection from Desktop Station to the CAN-shield? In the Railuino examples I found some code for it.

Best regards,
Henry


Offline John Hoek  
#125 Posted : 14 January 2014 17:10:57(UTC)
John Hoek

Netherlands   
Joined: 04/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yassaan,

You wrote:
Automatic position recognition is difficult for Desktop Station. Because 60113 doesn't have a function which finds a locomotive position.


Yes, this is true. This could be overcome by implementing railcom, lizzy or other new technology... but that's in my opnion future wish technology.

However, i think the easy way to do is just that a user of Desktop station just manually set his locs on the trackplan on the correct (the current loc) position.
So the starting position of the locs is manualy given to Desktop station.
Desktop station just needs to remember the former and new position of the loc(s) involved when they move around.
So Desktop Station remembers the currect position of the locs on the trackplan and updates this when a sensor is triggered by this train.
You can even 'mark' the trains on the trackplan if you wish, so you can follow the train 'life' on the trackplan.

I suppose this could be done, right?


///
Another question / bug found:

Turnouts and signals are set green/red , so green is straight on and red is turn away/stop.
However i have paired some signals/turnouts and those work just the opposite.
So signal A is green, then parallel signal B goes on red (with the same adress set on the decoders)
Same with some turnouts.


Could it be done to set an option for turnouts/signals that you can reverse the function for each?
But take care that this should be done for each turnout/signal separate; so for instance if you have two signals paired on the same adress; they act differently

Offline Yaasan  
#126 Posted : 14 January 2014 22:41:56(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi John,

I got it. Use S88 event function. You can add S88 event to control turnouts.

(1) Show S88 control panel.
(2) Click one of A to _ event on the left side list.

S88 control panel

(3) Edit S88 event. Change event name, s88 sensor address, etc.
(4) Add script to the event. For example, the followings.

INCFLAG 1,1
JUMP LOC1,1,1
JUMP LOC2,1,2
LABEL LOC1
ACCESSORY 10,0 <- Adr.10,RED
EXIT
LABEL LOC2
ACCESSORY 10,1 <- Adr.10,GREEN
SETFLAG 1,0
EXIT

(5) Save the event and check "available this event".
(6) Place locomotives and try.

Thank you for reporting a bug. Because I don't have these special signals and turnouts, I misses to implement.
I'll check my implementation.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: John Hoek Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yassaan,

You wrote:
Automatic position recognition is difficult for Desktop Station. Because 60113 doesn't have a function which finds a locomotive position.


Yes, this is true. This could be overcome by implementing railcom, lizzy or other new technology... but that's in my opnion future wish technology.

However, i think the easy way to do is just that a user of Desktop station just manually set his locs on the trackplan on the correct (the current loc) position.
So the starting position of the locs is manualy given to Desktop station.
Desktop station just needs to remember the former and new position of the loc(s) involved when they move around.
So Desktop Station remembers the currect position of the locs on the trackplan and updates this when a sensor is triggered by this train.
You can even 'mark' the trains on the trackplan if you wish, so you can follow the train 'life' on the trackplan.

I suppose this could be done, right?


///
Another question / bug found:

Turnouts and signals are set green/red , so green is straight on and red is turn away/stop.
However i have paired some signals/turnouts and those work just the opposite.
So signal A is green, then parallel signal B goes on red (with the same adress set on the decoders)
Same with some turnouts.


Could it be done to set an option for turnouts/signals that you can reverse the function for each?
But take care that this should be done for each turnout/signal separate; so for instance if you have two signals paired on the same adress; they act differently

Offline John Hoek  
#127 Posted : 15 January 2014 14:49:03(UTC)
John Hoek

Netherlands   
Joined: 04/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yassaan,

To use automatic routing i thought also about the S88 sensor events into the first case.
basicly this is what have to be done in general, for instancte to make blocks... however just as in your example;
it's not flexible. Only fixed routes can be made. Not conditional ones, like if...then...else/ random choice/ time involved

I'll try to explain:
Let's look at your example by case. typicly block-after-block trainshuffle control.

!!--------block 1---------!!-----------block 2----------!!-----------block3---------!!--------block4---
......................<------ train A....................................train B

- the s88 sensor on block 1 is triggered. So set signal to green to the former block3 on the track (so the other train B can start to drive and enter in block2)
and set at the same time the current block2 signal on red (so train B is stopping in block 2). Train A is moving at the same time to block 1. and so on. and so on.

In this case you can use the S88 sensor events to move trains automatic. But always in the same arrangement, after each other and no 'intelligent' moving.every train has to move up a block. then the other train can move up a block etc.

---
But what to do if you want to have some kind of intelligent moving?
Trains just drive not after each other & shuffle, but at most as possible all at once.
For instance:

!-------block 2----------!!-----------block3---------!!--------block4----!!----block5-------!!-----block6-----!!--
............... train A ---------->...................\ ...........................train B
........................................................!!----------block7-----------!!--
........................................................................train C <-----------

Train A moves from block 2 to block 3.
Block 4 after the turnout is free.
However block 7 is not; train C is there already and wants to move in opposite direction to block 3.

How to handle?
We need to have conditional S88 sensor events .
For instance;
IF 'sensor block 4' is set THEN set turnout to direction block 7, ELSE set turnout to direction block 4 (move train A into directon of block 4; the free one)
IF 'sensor block 3' is set THEN set signal on block 7 AND block 4 on red. (block entry of trains coming from block 4 or block 7 to enter block 3 also. train C is stopped.)
WHILE 'sensor block 7' is set AND 'sensor block 3' is not-set DO set signal block 7 on green (train C is now moving and entering block 3)
etc. etc.

So we need conditional settings and scripts to operate more efficient & flexible on the track. Trains moves were the next free block is AND if they are allowed to move on this track (uni-or bidirectional tracks)

I should be nice if you could have some random setting to; for instance red signal or turnout or waitingdelay.
Or a counter; for instance very thirth sensor trigger set turnout to red; else set it green

I hope you get the point... ;-)

Edited by user 16 January 2014 13:13:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline henry  
#128 Posted : 15 January 2014 22:26:35(UTC)
henry

Germany   
Joined: 03/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yaasan,

Many thanks for your quick response! I've connected the bluetooth over com10. I use the PINs D0 and D1 and configured to 9600 bps. Unfortunately the port is not available in Desktop Station. I've checked the connection with SSCOM32 serial connection tool and it works. I received: <== 3b01 18 0
<== 3b30 R 18 8 47 43 77 7b 01 27 00 10
@PING,47,43,77,7B,1,27,0,10,

But Desktop Station wrote "COM10IJ is not available"

Any idea?

Kind regards,
Henry

Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Henry,

Probably you can use a bluetooth shield. Between Arduino and PC uses hardware serial. Your bluetooth shield has to change jumper pins to select serial type. Use hardware serial D0 and D1.

Desktop Station requires serial port. bluetooth shield is capable to connect Arduino and PC with Desktop Station as serialport via bluetooth.

But you can edit baudrate in the Serial_RS4.ino. For example, 115200 to 9600. Because 115200bps is very highspeed and not reliable for bluetooth. 9600bps is good for bluetooth. Do not forget to change baudrate of Desktop Station configuration too.


Serial_RS4.ino:

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200); <-- change to 9600
while (!Serial);



Best regards,
Yaasan



henry attached the following image(s):
com10.PNG
Offline billys7  
#129 Posted : 20 January 2014 00:48:43(UTC)
billys7

Greece   
Joined: 27/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: Athens - Greece
How do you type an address on 6021 ?
I can't make it to work.
Offline Yaasan  
#130 Posted : 20 January 2014 23:24:38(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Henry,

Can you change serial port of Desktop Station to "COM10" instead of "COM10IJ"?

I'll buy bluetooth board to check.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: henry Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan,

Many thanks for your quick response! I've connected the bluetooth over com10. I use the PINs D0 and D1 and configured to 9600 bps. Unfortunately the port is not available in Desktop Station. I've checked the connection with SSCOM32 serial connection tool and it works. I received: <== 3b01 18 0
<== 3b30 R 18 8 47 43 77 7b 01 27 00 10
@PING,47,43,77,7B,1,27,0,10,

But Desktop Station wrote "COM10IJ is not available"

Any idea?

Kind regards,
Henry

Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Henry,

Probably you can use a bluetooth shield. Between Arduino and PC uses hardware serial. Your bluetooth shield has to change jumper pins to select serial type. Use hardware serial D0 and D1.

Desktop Station requires serial port. bluetooth shield is capable to connect Arduino and PC with Desktop Station as serialport via bluetooth.

But you can edit baudrate in the Serial_RS4.ino. For example, 115200 to 9600. Because 115200bps is very highspeed and not reliable for bluetooth. 9600bps is good for bluetooth. Do not forget to change baudrate of Desktop Station configuration too.


Serial_RS4.ino:

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200); <-- change to 9600
while (!Serial);



Best regards,
Yaasan





Offline Yaasan  
#131 Posted : 20 January 2014 23:28:57(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi billys,

Firstly, you need to select a protcol. Select MM2 or DCC.
Then type a locomotive address which you want to run. If you want to run no.23, press 2 and then 3.

You can run the locomotive when you click red dial.

Best regards,
Yaasan


Originally Posted by: billys7 Go to Quoted Post
How do you type an address on 6021 ?
I can't make it to work.


Offline billys7  
#132 Posted : 21 January 2014 00:02:09(UTC)
billys7

Greece   
Joined: 27/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: Athens - Greece
I did it, but i could n't make it to work.
Can you check it ?
Offline Yaasan  
#133 Posted : 21 January 2014 11:33:02(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi billys,

I tested 6021 keyboard. no problem.
Would you watch below my example video?

http://yaasan.mints.ne.jp/figures/6021example.mp4video.mp4

Also would you check your using locomotive address and protcol?
Can you run the locomotive on the cab panel?

*note: The mfx locomotive address is not unique. 6021 keyboard is not suitable for mfx locomotives.

Best regards,
Yaasan


Originally Posted by: billys7 Go to Quoted Post
I did it, but i could n't make it to work.
Can you check it ?
Offline billys7  
#134 Posted : 22 January 2014 23:48:35(UTC)
billys7

Greece   
Joined: 27/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: Athens - Greece
Ok. I did it.
It seems like a resolution issue. I can see only the first number of the loco address.
I think i have to change the size of the text in my pc.

Thank you Yaasan!
Offline Yaasan  
#135 Posted : 22 January 2014 23:59:56(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Good mornig billys,

If possible, send me your screen capture.
If I could improve, I will do it.

Best regards,
yaasan

Originally Posted by: billys7 Go to Quoted Post
Ok. I did it.
It seems like a resolution issue. I can see only the first number of the loco address.
I think i have to change the size of the text in my pc.

Thank you Yaasan!


Offline billys7  
#136 Posted : 23 January 2014 00:45:45(UTC)
billys7

Greece   
Joined: 27/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 32
Location: Athens - Greece
Here is the attachment

You can see only the number 2 of the number 21.
billys7 attached the following image(s):
21.jpg
Offline Yaasan  
#137 Posted : 23 January 2014 13:48:23(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi John,

I'm sorry for reply delay.

Do you mean Desktop Station need more some trigger items, right? Also need random value function?

Currently, start trigger is positive edge (same as coming) and negative edge (same as leaving).
Your advice is to add existing or non-existing, right?

Best regards,
Yaasan
Offline Yaasan  
#138 Posted : 23 January 2014 13:49:54(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Billys,

Thank you for the picture.
It seems not difficult to improve the lack of number display.

I will improve this problem.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: billys7 Go to Quoted Post
Here is the attachment

You can see only the number 2 of the number 21.


Offline henry  
#139 Posted : 23 January 2014 20:27:23(UTC)
henry

Germany   
Joined: 03/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Hi Yaasan,

Unfortunately I can't change the com port number to COM10 in the drop down in Desktop Station. With every new start the com port number has an new suffix after COM10. In the device manager it's COM10 without suffix. I've attached corresponding screenhots.

I hope you can help Smile !

Kind regards,
Henry

Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Henry,

Can you change serial port of Desktop Station to "COM10" instead of "COM10IJ"?

I'll buy bluetooth board to check.

Best regards,
Yaasan



henry attached the following image(s):
com10device.PNG
com10a.PNG
Offline John Hoek  
#140 Posted : 24 January 2014 16:39:23(UTC)
John Hoek

Netherlands   
Joined: 04/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by: Yaasan Go to Quoted Post
Hi John,

I'm sorry for reply delay.

Do you mean Desktop Station need more some trigger items, right? Also need random value function?

Currently, start trigger is positive edge (same as coming) and negative edge (same as leaving).
Your advice is to add existing or non-existing, right?

Best regards,
Yaasan



Hi Yaasan,

Yes i like to have more trigger options when a S88 sensor is detected (at positive or negative flank) to do further actions, like :
- If.. then... else conditional statements
- Do... while conditional statements
- counter up
- counter down
- random and fixed [value] generator within a certain range; example Random [variable] [from] [to]

- trigger scripts
- trigger preprogrammed routes for a certain train. Cool

I think this commands must be possible to add.


Only thing i could have taken in mind what could be a showstopper is that Desktop station is not possible to handle several scripts / routes running at the same time.
In the current version it's not possible to run more trains independend of each other there own routes on the track.
If it is possible to run scripts and routes at once, then Desktop Station has laid the base for full automatic trackcontrol with routing! I'm dreaming Drool
Offline Yaasan  
#141 Posted : 01 February 2014 01:44:25(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi John,

I'm considering to improve event function. Currently, The S88 event function uses GUI style.
But Desktop Station needs text style script to implement your suggestion.

GUI style is easy to use but implementing is a little difficult.
Text style is not easy to use but implementing is easy for me Confused .

What do you think about this solution?
If Desktop Station users want to add these feature, I will add.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: John Hoek Go to Quoted Post

Hi Yaasan,

Yes i like to have more trigger options when a S88 sensor is detected (at positive or negative flank) to do further actions, like :
- If.. then... else conditional statements
- Do... while conditional statements
- counter up
- counter down
- random and fixed [value] generator within a certain range; example Random [variable] [from] [to]

- trigger scripts
- trigger preprogrammed routes for a certain train. Cool

I think this commands must be possible to add.


Only thing i could have taken in mind what could be a showstopper is that Desktop station is not possible to handle several scripts / routes running at the same time.
In the current version it's not possible to run more trains independend of each other there own routes on the track.
If it is possible to run scripts and routes at once, then Desktop Station has laid the base for full automatic trackcontrol with routing! I'm dreaming Drool


Offline Lollo  
#142 Posted : 19 March 2014 09:49:51(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Joined: 22/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 365
Hi Yaasan,

I have a issue running double traction (consist)
I have 2 BR 85's in my loco list, one with DCC address 84 & the other 85. So I make a consist for the 85's. The sound & sound functions are not enabled, but I can drive the consist correctly.
To get the loco sound on both, you have to enable them indiviually first, then only the functions are active on the header loco, but sound on both.

Now both loco's have ESU loksound V3.5 decoders. I then enable consist mode in the decoder & assign a consist DCC address for eg: 83, and select the functions to be active.
So I edit the consist address and use only the main address field of DCC address 83. Now the consist can turn on/off sound & activate functions. So this is good, but then if you only want to run as indidual loco's they do not respond at all. (now using there respective addresses 84 & 85)
I have to disable the consist function in the decoder to run as individual loco's.

I do not know if this is an issue with Desktop Station or the MS2 track box, or some other limitation with consist mode in the ESU decoder.
The benifit of using the ESU decoder consist funtion is the the second loc responds to the selected sounds/functions.

I can try some time on a CS1 at our club & a members CS2 to verify the ESU consist functionality.

May be some one else in the forum can shed some light on the ESU consist function, and correct addressing. I would presume that the consist address ignors the normal assigned individual addresses, that is what appears to be happening.
The ESU manual does not go into great detail on consisting.

I am running Desktop Station Ver.089b, and my MS2/track box latest Ver.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline Yaasan  
#143 Posted : 20 March 2014 22:24:00(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Brian,

In case of using double heading control, the function can control only the header loc. For example, You are using 2 locs which DCC address are 84 & 85. DCC address 84 loc is main loc which means the loc is mainly controlled. The other loc which DCC address 85 is 2nd loc. Desktop Station can't control the functions of 2nd loc because function buttons in cab panel are occupied in main loc. Consequently, Desktop Station doesn't send a signal to control 2nd loc functions.

Your issue seems that sound function of ESU decoder is automatically enabled when power-on. You need to disable sound function(F2 or F3 or F_) of DCC address 85 loc before using double heading control.

Best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
Hi Yaasan,

I have a issue running double traction (consist)
I have 2 BR 85's in my loco list, one with DCC address 84 & the other 85. So I make a consist for the 85's. The sound & sound functions are not enabled, but I can drive the consist correctly.
To get the loco sound on both, you have to enable them indiviually first, then only the functions are active on the header loco, but sound on both.

Now both loco's have ESU loksound V3.5 decoders. I then enable consist mode in the decoder & assign a consist DCC address for eg: 83, and select the functions to be active.
So I edit the consist address and use only the main address field of DCC address 83. Now the consist can turn on/off sound & activate functions. So this is good, but then if you only want to run as indidual loco's they do not respond at all. (now using there respective addresses 84 & 85)
I have to disable the consist function in the decoder to run as individual loco's.

I do not know if this is an issue with Desktop Station or the MS2 track box, or some other limitation with consist mode in the ESU decoder.
The benifit of using the ESU decoder consist funtion is the the second loc responds to the selected sounds/functions.

I can try some time on a CS1 at our club & a members CS2 to verify the ESU consist functionality.

May be some one else in the forum can shed some light on the ESU consist function, and correct addressing. I would presume that the consist address ignors the normal assigned individual addresses, that is what appears to be happening.
The ESU manual does not go into great detail on consisting.

I am running Desktop Station Ver.089b, and my MS2/track box latest Ver.

Cheers,
Brian.


Offline Yaasan  
#144 Posted : 20 March 2014 22:28:45(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi all,

I have released German sound pack and Desktop Station 0.98d which is bug fixed version.
The German sound pack is provided by wolfgang. Thanks a lot!

You can download for free. Please use and play for your model railway life.

Best regards,
Yaasan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yaasan
Offline Hackcell  
#145 Posted : 21 March 2014 01:27:48(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Joined: 21/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 520
this is really cool!!
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline PaulMur  
#146 Posted : 25 March 2014 00:29:23(UTC)
PaulMur

Australia   
Joined: 24/03/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1
Location: NEW SOUTH WALES, SYDNEY
Hi,

This is my fist post.

I have been using railuino with some analogue style control knobs as an addition to my MS2. One for each loco.

I think this is a great open source project and there are some good projects that could be implemented with this device.
Offline Dr. Manhattan  
#147 Posted : 08 May 2014 02:47:58(UTC)
Dr. Manhattan

United States   
Joined: 29/03/2014(UTC)
Posts: 8
Location: CONNECTICUT, STAMFORD
Hi Yaasan, I think what you have done is awesome. I came accross a YouTube video recently of an Arduino Mega being used to control Marklin M track turnouts, which I have been able to replicate and test effectively on a breadboard with a turnout. Currently waiting for my protoboards to arrive so I can solder up perms ant circuits. Would love to be able to use your program with the can shield to control the locomotives, and then hopefully also use your program and use an arduino mega to control turnouts and possibly signals rather then have to lay out lots of money for more k83 decoders.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dr. Manhattan
Offline Dr. Manhattan  
#148 Posted : 24 May 2014 06:31:30(UTC)
Dr. Manhattan

United States   
Joined: 29/03/2014(UTC)
Posts: 8
Location: CONNECTICUT, STAMFORD
Protoboards have arrived and my Hakko solder iron too, building circuits and my layout at the same time. Yaasan, what about boosters with the use of your can bus shield, I'm planning on building a big layout.
Offline Yaasan  
#149 Posted : 24 May 2014 08:07:55(UTC)
Yaasan

Japan   
Joined: 01/06/2013(UTC)
Posts: 99
Location: Tokyo
Hi Manhattan,

You need a 60113 trackbox. 60113 includes the booster function. Internal booster of 60113 doesn't seem to work on the big layout. Because power supply is not powerful.

By the way, my original booster board has booster function too. However, power supply specification is similar to 60113.

Currently, railuino and my original solution don't seem to cover very big layout and running many locomotives.

If possible, please post your big layout as photo.

best regards,
Yaasan

Originally Posted by: Dr. Manhattan Go to Quoted Post
Protoboards have arrived and my Hakko solder iron too, building circuits and my layout at the same time. Yaasan, what about boosters with the use of your can bus shield, I'm planning on building a big layout.


Offline Dr. Manhattan  
#150 Posted : 25 May 2014 09:43:30(UTC)
Dr. Manhattan

United States   
Joined: 29/03/2014(UTC)
Posts: 8
Location: CONNECTICUT, STAMFORD
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dr. Manhattan
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
5 Pages<12345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.850 seconds.