Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Caplin  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2007 14:41:12(UTC)
Caplin

I have noticed that sometimes - only sometimes unfortunately - when activating the arrows below the speed graph to change direction the loc initiates a normal brake cycle with squeeling brakes, then starts slowly (as per your own settings) to reach full speed as per the graph setting. This is the ideal situation. It seems to happen more often when the speed is set not too high on the graph.

Most times, however, hitting an arrow abbrutly stops the loc as if you had hit the red button (loose cargo moving on wagons) then full (graph set) speed immediately in the opposite direction. This does not look very attractive.

I have not (yet) established a pattern of which locs, what speed etc. as the ideal situation does not happen very often.

Any comments most welcome.

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2007 12:34:06(UTC)
Caplin

Come on guys,

Most of Europe members have got their updated CS back. biggrin

Please tell if your updated CS behaves like mine, or does it always react as per the "ideal situation" described above confused
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline hxmiesa  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2007 17:40:18(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Views messages in topic : 3,522
Patience, Benny...
Maybe people dont even know that the trains can reverse their direction? Give them time to try it out. ;-)

Greetings from one-button land. (analog)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 07 November 2007 09:39:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hmmm, I have just tried this out with my 37889 BR44, the only loco I have that has braking sounds. Most of the time it came to a dead halt when pressing the arrow, then proceeded in the opposite direction. Every now and then, but there was no pattern to it, I would get the smooth braking with braking sounds.

I think this is pretty much what you experienced Benny.
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 07 November 2007 10:28:38(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Looks Like a Sofware Bug. When they fix it should be able to download the Fix???? When I get My Cs back I will let you know if the behaviour is the same.
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2007 10:40:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
My CS is at software v2.0.3, Nev.

Next Monday is not too far away!!
Offline frankie  
#7 Posted : 07 November 2007 10:53:21(UTC)
frankie

I will more than happy to answer, when I WILL HAVE MY CS BACK!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 07 November 2007 11:36:05(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by frankie
<br />I will more than happy to answer, when I WILL HAVE MY CS BACK!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

[:(][:(][V][xx(][xx(] Cry Sob. I hope that mynew one is Ok.
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Hemmerich  
#9 Posted : 07 November 2007 15:25:01(UTC)
Hemmerich

Cannot confirm that behavior after having tested this now with all my mfx-sound and several other models containing different decoders. wink

(latest SW version is still 2.0.3.)
Offline hemau  
#10 Posted : 07 November 2007 15:31:02(UTC)
hemau

I get no squealing of brakes when changing direction by hitting an arrow (Mehano class 66, I have no other with braking sound), only when stopping by turning the red control knob back. Hitting an arrow just makes it stop at ease and then start slowly in the other direction.
Henk.
C and M track; CS1R and 2 MS
Offline Caplin  
#11 Posted : 07 November 2007 19:49:26(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />Cannot confirm that behavior after having tested this now with all my mfx-sound and several other models containing different decoders. wink

Lutz,
Thanks for testing all your mfx-sound locs. You have quite a number of them I think. I read "that behavior" as you are not getting sometimes (most times) an abrupt stop and sometimes a normal brake cycle stop.

But which of the two did you get then confused wink

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#12 Posted : 07 November 2007 19:51:28(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />Hmmm, I have just tried this out with my 37889 BR44, the only loco I have that has braking sounds. Most of the time it came to a dead halt when pressing the arrow, then proceeded in the opposite direction. Every now and then, but there was no pattern to it, I would get the smooth braking with braking sounds.

I think this is pretty much what you experienced Benny.
That is correct, thanks for the reply.
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#13 Posted : 07 November 2007 20:02:30(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by hemau
<br />I get no squealing of brakes when changing direction by hitting an arrow (Mehano class 66, I have no other with braking sound), only when stopping by turning the red control knob back. Hitting an arrow just makes it stop at ease and then start slowly in the other direction.
Henk.
Henk. Thanks for your reply,

This is a totally different behavior to what David and I have seen if I understand correctly, that you get the smooth braking everytime but never the braking sound.

If your sw level is also 2.0.3 the erratic behavior of ours could be related to certain decoders (locs) maybe.

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline hemau  
#14 Posted : 08 November 2007 21:02:30(UTC)
hemau

Hi Benny,
The software version of my CS is indeed 2.0.3. Hardware is 1.1.
I have tried this operation some dozen times and it still is the same as I described.
This Mehano has an ESU decoder, as far as I know.
Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 08 November 2007 21:57:12(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
<br />Hi Benny,
The software version of my CS is indeed 2.0.3. Hardware is 1.1.

Ditto here as well.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Macfire  
#16 Posted : 08 November 2007 22:22:58(UTC)
Macfire

A question from "a dummy" here. I don't have a CS but this thought occurred to me:

Did the loco slow down and stop before reversing direction (squealing brakes as well?) over an Acceleration and braking section of track?

Or does this not matter?

Just a thought
Tony
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
Offline hemau  
#17 Posted : 08 November 2007 22:51:00(UTC)
hemau

Did some new tests. The stopping and starting character of my loc depends on the setting of the acceleration and braking CV's. If I lower both time-values to minimum, it stops immediately and runs off in the other direction if I hit an arrow. It also depends on whether the sound is on or not; with sound on it has smooth behavior.

Maybe you can check the setting of the braking and acceleration CV's to at least 6 seconds or more (CS gives some three figures behind the comma for these settings, don't know why).

I have no acceleration or braking sections in my layout so I don't know about Tony's suggestion.
Regards, Henk.
Offline Caplin  
#18 Posted : 08 November 2007 22:59:07(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your thought. I have a simple floor layout with no inbuilt acc. or brake sections (if that is what you mean) - just pure plain c-track driven by he CS. wink

I was hoping that Lutz would tell us more than just "Cannot confirm that behavior after having tested this now with all my mfx-sound". He never said which of the two condtions he experienced during his testing. Maybe it will come laterwink.

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 08 November 2007 23:04:54(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Macfire
<br />A question from "a dummy" here. I don't have a CS but this thought occurred to me:

Did the loco slow down and stop before reversing direction (squealing brakes as well?) over an Acceleration and braking section of track?

Or does this not matter?

Just a thought
Tony

Only some of the time, Tony, and with no discernable pattern as to when it was going to do this. Most of the time the loco came to an abrupt halt and reversed direction.
Offline Caplin  
#20 Posted : 08 November 2007 23:07:58(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Henk,

Very good suggestion. I will certainly look into that. You might very well have a point there.

I know I have changed the acc. and brake values quite some, so my locs start and stop over a prolonged period (looks more natural I find).

I suppose if I reset the values to default (factory) I might get a different bahavour.

Will report my findings.

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline perz  
#21 Posted : 09 November 2007 00:01:50(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
I don't have a CS, but instinctively I would blame the inconsistent behavior in this situation on the loco decoder, not on the CS. Have anyone tried this with the MS or even with a 6021?

Offline Caplin  
#22 Posted : 09 November 2007 01:46:01(UTC)
Caplin

Well, I have now been testing with a RE460 and a recently acquired E50. Before testing the acc. and brake CV's were set to 10 sec/9 sec and 15 sec/14 sec respectively (to give more naturel (slow) acc/brake actions).

For testing purposes I reset the CV's to factory settings 4 sec/3.75 sec and 4 sec/3 sec respectively.

This did not change the false behavior. Sound on or off made no difference. Hitting the arrows alternately 15 times (for each loc) gave 4 times correct slowly stopping, reversing the lights, slowly starting with the 460 and only 2 times correct with the E50. All the other times gave abrupt stop/starts.

@perz: I tend to not agree with you, because this "bad" behavior goes for all my nine locs, of which seven are mfx. They can't all be bad. Also bear in mind that all loc.s behave correctly <u>every</u> time (slow braking with squeeling brakes) when you hit the speed graph to stop them. BTW an MS can only change direction using the red knob.

In my opinion it looks more like a software issue like somewhere a timer or a delay is not correctly set (in the center of its window, sort of speek). I suppose we will have to wait and see if a forthcoming update will change this.

Still no word from Lutz [V]. I would really like to know if his testing resulted in "good" or "bad" behavior. He only answered to not having both as I understood it.

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline frankie  
#23 Posted : 09 November 2007 10:33:35(UTC)
frankie

It looks like in the cases cited the loco goes Alzheimer, it loses continuity in digital power supply starting at full throttle when reversed.
Have you done the 15 reverse cycles on a test track or along your layout?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Caplin  
#24 Posted : 09 November 2007 11:24:35(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Alessandro,

The testing was done on the layout which has no special sections inbuilt. Before testing - just to be sure of good contact - I gave the about 3 metres track section, the pickup shoes and wheels an extra cleaning. The way I tested was setting the speed graph at midway speed then hitting the rev. arrow, then hitting the fwd. arrow as soon as the loc was up to speed, the the rev. arrow and so on about 7 times both ways. Then I adjusted the speed knob to full speed and repeated the process again. This was carried out on both locs.

Still I keep coming back to why do the locs behave "good" <u>every</u> time you hit the speed graph and almost never when hitting the direction arrowsconfused

IMHO this rules out all possible bad conditions regarding rolling stock and track.

I see that you also have a CS. How does yours behave - or is it still away for updating confused

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#25 Posted : 09 November 2007 11:50:00(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Not having My CS back yet I am Taking a Guess in that pressing on hte Speed Graph does what you want and pressing on hte arrow gives an unwanted result I would put down to software.

In this case the software writer did NOT imagine tha tsomeone would press the arrow to Slow Down, Brake Noise and then reverse.
Why it does it some times is to ask Bill Gates or someone similar.

I have seen erratic behaviour in accounting programs as operators press keys that the designer did not anticipate.

In your case I think tha tyou have one of these situations. Works on Speed Graph but not on the Arrows.

Designer did not think that some one would do that.

Nev
Offline Caplin  
#26 Posted : 09 November 2007 12:07:16(UTC)
Caplin

Thanks nev.

Hopefully this is the case, then there surely will be an update which we all can download and install with our new (updated) CS'[:p]

But the first step is how will a potential problem such like this become known to M*confused Does anybody know confused
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline frankie  
#27 Posted : 09 November 2007 12:15:48(UTC)
frankie

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Caplin
I see that you also have a CS. How does yours behave - or is it still away for updating confused

I just received an e-mail from the service-centre, a second new one will be shipped to me shortly, I am the lucky one, remember?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline frankie  
#28 Posted : 09 November 2007 12:18:41(UTC)
frankie

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
Why it does it some times is to ask Bill Gates or someone similar.

Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar, in our case Linus Thorvaldsen.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline nevw  
#29 Posted : 10 November 2007 02:27:34(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />Thanks nev.

Hopefully this is the case, then there surely will be an update which we all can download and install with our new (updated) CS'[:p]

But the first step is how will a potential problem such like this become known to M*confused Does anybody know confused

Send Marklin Service Centre an Email describing the problem and behaviour and also ask Lutz who is the correct destination/Marklin Section to send a second follow-up email to
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#30 Posted : 13 November 2007 04:25:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by perz
<br />I don't have a CS, but instinctively I would blame the inconsistent behavior in this situation on the loco decoder, not on the CS. Have anyone tried this with the MS or even with a 6021?

I was up at our club on Saturday, testing various locos on our club layout for an upcoming exhibition, including my 37889 BR44. Found out to my surprise that squealing brakes works with the 6021.
Offline Caplin  
#31 Posted : 13 November 2007 23:17:08(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />Thanks nev.

Send Marklin Service Centre an Email describing the problem and behaviour and also ask Lutz who is the correct destination/Marklin Section to send a second follow-up email to
Nev,
Done that now.

The basic contents:
Header: 60212 Central Station V2
Body: Regarding Software.
The issue is dealing with the "unstable" behaviour of the direction arrows underneath the speed graph.
It is fully described in the following link. Please read https://www.marklin-user...ult.aspx?g=posts&t=8377.
Please recognize the issue worthy to investigate/correct.

By the way, thank you for bringing our CS's to V2 at no cost. It is really a pleasure with the new capabilities.

Kind regards,
Benny Bentzen
Dänemark

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#32 Posted : 13 November 2007 23:26:16(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Benny,
Good one . Hope that you get an answer
Offline Caplin  
#33 Posted : 14 November 2007 00:51:21(UTC)
Caplin

Will keep you informed.

Right now besides being in this marvelous forum I am watching TV on my PC screen. I have the Windows XP Media Center Edition which allows me to have a small tv screen in one corner. To-day we had election to the Danish Parliament and just now the final result is published and all the party leaders are gathering for the final round discussion (local time is 23.50).
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline frankie  
#34 Posted : 18 November 2007 23:54:12(UTC)
frankie

Benny on mine the loco stops, more or less genlty, and then reverses.
I haven't reloaded all of them on the new CS, but until now, all of those set in, work the same.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline laalves  
#35 Posted : 19 November 2007 00:42:09(UTC)
laalves

I seem to remeber reading an official information from Märklin (FAQ?), that both this issue and the fact that display in km/h are not possible are known bugs and will be corrected in the next release, but I may be dreaming....

Personally, I just use the speedgraph to stop loks with the preset delay. BTW, I have NEVER been able to stop smoothly any of my mfx or otherwise loks using the arrows. They always stop like if hit with a hammer...
Offline Caplin  
#36 Posted : 19 November 2007 12:02:14(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />I seem to remeber reading an official information from Märklin (FAQ?), that both this issue and the fact that display in km/h are not possible are known bugs and will be corrected in the next release, but I may be dreaming....
laalves, I checked you dreams biggrin and found this in the FAQ section:

"Central Station - Umschaltung Anzeige Fahrstufen/Geschwindigkeit
25.07.2007 #200

Die Umschaltung der Anzeige von Fahrstufendarstellung auf Geschwindigkeitsdarstellung funktioniert in Version 2.0.3 noch nicht. Es handelt sich hier um einen Softwarefehler der voraussichtlich im nächsten Update behoben sein wird. Markus Schurr."

If this is regarding the direction change arrows, we then have the answer to the issue at hand.

Can anybody confirm this or explain what the german text is dealing with (in english, please) confused
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline hemau  
#37 Posted : 19 November 2007 12:45:32(UTC)
hemau

Hi Benny,
The German text is about changing the indication from driving-steps to speed. It reads: "The changing of the indication from driving-steps to speed-indication does not yet function in version 2.0.3. It is a software fault which probably will be eliminated in the next update." So it has not to do with the direction (change) arrows.
Regards, Henk.
Offline Caplin  
#38 Posted : 19 November 2007 12:58:40(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
<br />Hi Benny,
The German text is about changing the indication from driving-steps to speed. It reads: "The changing of the indication from driving-steps to speed-indication does not yet function in version 2.0.3. It is a software fault which probably will be eliminated in the next update." So it has not to do with the direction (change) arrows.
Regards, Henk.
Bummer, the issue is still unrecognized. I havn't received answer to my mail sent to M* Service Center, not even just a receipt mail. Maybe M* does not do that.

Thank you Henk, for the translation.

Laalves, get us a new dream, please wink
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#39 Posted : 26 November 2007 21:32:13(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />Cannot confirm that behavior after having tested this now with all my mfx-sound and several other models containing different decoders. wink

Lutz,
Thanks for testing all your mfx-sound locs. You have quite a number of them I think. I read "that behavior" as you are not getting sometimes (most times) an abrupt stop and sometimes a normal brake cycle stop.

But which of the two did you get then confused wink

Please clarify your reply, Lutz.
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Hemmerich  
#40 Posted : 26 November 2007 23:05:17(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
Please clarify your reply, Lutz.

Hi Benny,

sorry if my response was not clear enough for you. [:I]

What I meant with "cannot confirm that behaviour" was what you described in your entry posting and apparently experience intermittent.

Opposed to that and like for Luis' reply my locos stop immediate, reverse direction and start driving again with the set acceleration as it has been described by Märklin for that functionality.
Offline Caplin  
#41 Posted : 27 November 2007 00:07:04(UTC)
Caplin

Thank you, Lutz. This is described well on pg. 32 - top left.

It is a shame that you haven't seen yet what can be done by the SW - this is what is only happening occationally:

when hitting the (opposite) direction indicator the train slows down as per your dec. settings - stops - lights changing - train starts again slowly as per your acc. settings. This is very proto type like and I am sure this was the intent from the beginning. I am also sure you will enjoy it once you see it. wink
There is really no need for two emergengy stop "buttons".

I have reported this issue to the M* Service Center and I have asked for your assistance for a follow up in another topic to-day. Please see: https://www.marklin-user...ault.aspx?g=posts&t=8579 Smile
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#42 Posted : 15 January 2008 09:08:58(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
<br />Looks Like a Sofware Bug. When they fix it should be able to download the Fix???? When I get My Cs back I will let you know if the behaviour is the same.
Hi Nev,

Did you ever get around to test the behaviour of the direction arrows? (The abrupt stopping vs. the slow stopping before the change of direction takes place).

BTW: Never heard a word from M* on the subject.

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#43 Posted : 15 January 2008 09:48:02(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Benny, No reply from Marklin is situation Normal. (Never give the customer the pleasure/satisfaction by giving an answer.

In the short time that I have had the CS in operation it behaves normally. Eg. Touch the change of Direction Icon, it slows stops then slowly accellerates in the opposite direction. Never had the abrupt stop (YET)

Nev

With my APC BR01 the brakes even make a noise.

Nev
Offline Caplin  
#44 Posted : 15 January 2008 11:22:06(UTC)
Caplin

Great to hear this, Nev. That is IMHO the behaviour to be expected.

So it remains to be solved why mine and those of other members do not behave like this every time but only occationally. On my sound steamers I also get the brake squeeling on those few occations.

I have two v2 CS's - one is HW 1.1, the other is HW 1.2, both having SW 2.03. They both behave in the same manner.

Do your CS have a newer SW?

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#45 Posted : 15 January 2008 12:01:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Benny,
Yes mine is a new one not an upgrade and has the new SW.

Nev
Offline Caplin  
#46 Posted : 09 February 2008 14:40:09(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
<br />Benny, No reply from Marklin is situation Normal. (Never give the customer the pleasure/satisfaction by giving an answer.

In the short time that I have had the CS in operation it behaves normally. Eg. Touch the change of Direction Icon, it slows stops then slowly accellerates in the opposite direction. Never had the abrupt stop (YET).
With my APC BR01 the brakes even make a noise.
Nev, I would like to know, if the fw update 2.04 of your CS made any difference to this issue confused

I have noticed that the 2.04 in my case has made a difference, BUT unfortunately to the wrong side! [:(!]. What happened before occationally (softly stopping, brake noise, softly starting) never happens now! Everytime an emergency stop [xx(] so I cannot really use this facility any more, as I even get derailing of freight wagons with long trains of 15-20 wagons if some of them happen to be in a curve (same as I get when hitting the red emergency Stop button, but that is understandable).

With this I am very disappointed with the M* people. Firstly of course for not answering my request, this is bearable but still bad behaveour, if and only if they had incorporated that simple - but vital change in 2.04.

One can always hope for the next update, as one can hope for c-track development!!

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Hemmerich  
#47 Posted : 09 February 2008 18:44:10(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
I would like to know, if the fw update 2.04 of your CS made any difference to this issue confused

No. Mine still behaves as it did already with V2.0.3 and thus as documented. [^]
Offline nevw  
#48 Posted : 10 February 2008 03:26:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Benny,
I have done some extensive testing this morning re the "Change Direction" Arrow Pushing.

On SOME locos, there was a gradual stop, then reverse with a nice slow accelleration, on others sudden stop the quick accelleration in the opposite Direction.

Later todayI am going to compare settings to try and spot the difference.

Nev
Offline nevw  
#49 Posted : 10 February 2008 03:36:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
I would like to know, if the fw update 2.04 of your CS made any difference to this issue confused

No. Mine still behaves as it did already with V2.0.3 and thus as documented. [^]

Lutz,
it was my understanding that when the Change Direction Arrow was activated on the Screen the loco slowly stopped and then changed direction with a steady accelleration.
the quickly stopping and quickly gaining speed in the opposite direction is not the correct operation
Offline SierraDelta  
#50 Posted : 10 February 2008 14:22:35(UTC)
SierraDelta

Quote:
<br />Mine still behaves as it did already with V2.0.3 and thus as documented. [^]

Lutz,

My documentation clearly describes a different behaviour between pressing the red button/touching the direction arrow in order to change direction:

<u>German text:</u>
Fahrtrichtungswechsel
Durch Drücken auf den roten Fahrregler wird die Fahrtrichtung umgeschaltet.
Die Fahrtrichtungsanzeige im Display ändert ihre Darstellung. Die vorgegebene Geschwindigkeit wird auf Fahrstufe 0 gesetzt. Alternativ kann die Fahrtrichtung auch durch Berühren des Bildschirmes an der Fahrtrichtungsanzeige erfolgen. Dabei wird die alte Geschwindigkeit wieder eingestellt.

<u>English text:</u>
Changing the Direction of Travel
Pressing on the red control knob will reverse the locomotive‘s direction. The direction indicator on the display screen will change its position. The speed previously set for the locomotive will be reduced to speed level 0.
The direction of travel can also be changed by touching the direction indicator on the screen. The old speed is set again in the process.

(My highlighting in both cases) I have seen the described behaviour only now and then with version 2.0.3, not yet checked with 2.0.4. Is this the behaviour you see and/or do you agree that we should expect this behaviour "as documented"?
Cheers,
Søren