Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline trainbuff  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2007 08:12:24(UTC)
trainbuff

Hi,

I was wondering if M is developing any new type of telex for its tank engines.

The BR 85 used to have telex,
The BR 81 used to have telex,
The BR 86 telex is magnetized.

I'm guessing the telex got dropped when the loks went to permanent magnet. I just upgraded a BR 81 30321 and the motor magnet is so strong that not only is the telex anchor magnetized, it stays stuck up against frame until I pick the lok up off the track and push the anchor back down. Notice in the picture that the lok is off the track and telex is in up position.
UserPostedImage

This picture shows how magnetic the coupler is.
UserPostedImage

I'm going to fix it like I fixed my BR 86 https://www.marklin-user...ault.aspx?g=posts&t=5834 and probably add a small spring so it will go back down.

Any way, the reason I got an old BR 81 and not the new one is because I wanted telex. Telex has got to be one of the better ideas in model railroading.

So... back to the original question. I wonder if a new telex is being designed? Maybe one that can snap in to standard coupler socket? Or maybe there is such a thing and I don't know about it.

Later.

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 23:00:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2007 10:14:10(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
ROCO make one that fits in a standard NEM socket. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my wish list under "must try".

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline DamonKelly  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2007 16:27:30(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by RayPayas
<br />ROCO make one that fits in a standard NEM socket. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my wish list under "must try".

Ray, do you have the Roco part number for that?
I did a quick search of the Roco website, but couldn't find anything like that...[:(]
Cheers,
Damon
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 23 June 2007 17:18:39(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I haven't been able to find a part number for the remote coupler. I know they make it as it can be found in their Br290. I know it's available seperately, but I can't find where I saw it.

I'll keep looking.

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline efel  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2007 17:34:39(UTC)
efel

France   
Hi,

In the 2004/05 ROCO catalog, it is said that the remote coupler not only needs a special decoder, but also is not sold as spare part!
It would be most interesting if it were available now!
Offline Guus  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2007 17:49:54(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:originally posted by Damon:..do you have the Roco part number for that?

Hi Damon,

The ROCO partnumber is: #114665

There's a picture on HGH's site.Use the search function "Suchen" "ROCO Telex" please

and then look for "BR290 mit ROCO Digitalkupplung" in the list

http://hgh-esn.ath.cx/index.htm

As far as I know it's not re issued by ROCO up till now.

Kind regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline Hemmerich  
#7 Posted : 23 June 2007 17:51:55(UTC)
Hemmerich

Currently Märklin has two types of Telex supplied with their models - the "old fashioned" one, still being delivered with models like the V60.

The new type can be found at steam loco tenders, the tunnel rescue train, etc.

I'm currently not aware of any new TELEX.

As said, ROCO never offered nor sold their special telex separate. The BR290 was the only model where it was ever offered.

Today you might be able to get one from Krois, a small company in Ausria. http://www.krois-modell.at/produkt/digikupp/
If you want to use it you might need to replace your Märklin short couplings. Besides those brands mentioned there you can use other decoders too, like ESU. Important is that the decoder has a time function.
Offline trainbuff  
#8 Posted : 23 June 2007 19:17:25(UTC)
trainbuff

Hi Lutz,

I did a search on tunnel rescue and found your post in this thread https://www.marklin-user...earchTerms=tunnel,rescue
discussing the different telex types. I found the discussion on the usefulness of telex interesting. I tend to agree that for many cases you can live without telex but in other cases it is very useful. A combination of telex and uncoupler tracks is even more useful.

Looking at the pictures in that post I'm wondering is the anchor on the new type telex as found on the rescue train plastic? If so it would not be affected by the field magnet. Do you think it could be mounted on a tank lok? I guess if it was that easy M would have done it by now. Is the new telex available as a replacement part so we can experiment?

Thanks