Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline henna  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2024 18:48:37(UTC)
henna

Hi,
I bought two Märklin 60986 decoders (diesel) and I now want to change one of them to a Märklin 60985 decoder (steam). I have seen somewere that this can be done very easily with the decodertool 60971, but I cant find it. Can somebody help me. Best regards Henrik
Offline dickinsonj  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2024 23:43:28(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2024 00:22:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: henna Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I bought two Märklin 60986 decoders (diesel) and I now want to change one of them to a Märklin 60985 decoder (steam). I have seen somewere that this can be done very easily with the decodertool 60971, but I cant find it. Can somebody help me. Best regards Henrik

The link given takes you rather indirectly to the 60971 product page. However the product page is easy to find, it is the page for the software download for it that is (for some unfathomable reason) rather hidden. It is only reachable from the German download pages here.

Once you have downloaded the programmer software, and have it running, one of the first things it wants to do is to download the decoder projects. You can select all the projects if you want, but that will take quite a while unless you are on a really high speed link. However you don't need to download them all, the base projects for the decoders as supplied off the shelf are available in the downloads, so you can get just those and load the appropriate one into the decoder, if that sound project is sufficient for you.

Alternatively you can download the full featured project for a loco similar to that you wish to fit the decoder to and load that instead.
Offline henna  
#4 Posted : 25 March 2024 04:29:50(UTC)
henna

Thanks BigGrin
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2024 08:22:43(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: henna Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Using CS2/CS3 ?

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm