Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2023 16:43:56(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline bph  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2023 15:58:27(UTC)
bph

Norway   
And if Marklin could also include some information about the recording, it would be great. Eg what actual motor they did record etc. take eg the G2000, Marklin has no information about the sound recording, and G200 was first delivered with a CAT 3516 and later an MTU engine. ESU states in their project that they recorded an MTU engine. since the Marklin and esu sound a bit different, my guess is that Marklin recorded the CAT engine, if they recorded an actual prototype at all??? so most likely some Marklin G2000 models that are based on the later editions have the wrong engine sound?

And take the NSB Di3 (Nohab) and Sj T44, their sound project sounds like it's the same engine sound project, but the prototypes have slightly different engines.
The T44 has an EMD 645E v12 and the Di3 has an EMD 567 v16. the prototypes sound a bit similar but there are differences.
I don't actually mind it in cases like this, but I like to know what they used as a source, as its interesting details.

and a side tip: if you are looking for extra sound effects to enrich your sound projects, something like this might be useful: https://www.boomlibrary.com/sound-effects/trains/ the downside is that it's very expensive for the limited use in decoder projects........
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2023 13:25:05(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
totally agree,

Let's see if this are one time shot from M with this type of document...
https://www.maerklin.de/de/service/downloads/soundbibliothek-fuer-msd3

Many project is a copy of some wrong original recording and many small company like NMJ/JECO use most often original Br120 for their models El/Rc.

I think the Nohab for the old mSD decoder was bad compared with newer for mSD3, so i create a downgrade project for mSD and replace some older locomotive.
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
bph