Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline aclassifier  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2023 16:38:58(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
My Mobile Station 2 with SW 3.55 did not (seem to) detect my new E71 (39771) when placed on a segment where it electrically was alone.

I then did a "find" and it passed away from mfx and landed in DCC. Only the basic functions were there, up to F4 or so. Plus, every command took about a a second before it took effect.

This did not work, really. I thought for a while that the beautiful E71 soon was to be on a journey back to where it came from.

I had 13 locos already registered, this was to be #14.

I decided to do a factory reset of MS2, as all I tried was with no success. I have loco cards for them all, so I was fast up and running.

When 39771's time came I saw the "mfx" on the screen, I think without me doing a "Find" first. I then decided to just keep waiting, even if there was no progress bar or "wait.." there. I waited and then bingo! All the functionality was up!

I may not have waited while "mfx" on the display on the first trial. Anyhow, it did come to a dead end on that occasion. SW should take height for user trouble like this.

The MS2 was as lost as I was, I think Blink
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by aclassifier
Offline roberts  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2023 20:04:19(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: aclassifier Go to Quoted Post
My Mobile Station 2 with SW 3.55 did not (seem to) detect my new E71 (39771) when placed on a segment where it electrically was alone.

I then did a "find" and it passed away from mfx and landed in DCC. Only the basic functions were there, up to F4 or so. Plus, every command took about a a second before it took effect.

This did not work, really. I thought for a while that the beautiful E71 soon was to be on a journey back to where it came from.

I had 13 locos already registered, this was to be #14.

I decided to do a factory reset of MS2, as all I tried was with no success. I have loco cards for them all, so I was fast up and running.

When 39771's time came I saw the "mfx" on the screen, I think without me doing a "Find" first. I then decided to just keep waiting, even if there was no progress bar or "wait.." there. I waited and then bingo! All the functionality was up!

I may not have waited while "mfx" on the display on the first trial. Anyhow, it did come to a dead end on that occasion. SW should take height for user trouble like this.

The MS2 was as lost as I was, I think Blink

This is a very nice small locomotive. One of my favorites. Didn’t have any problems with this one, but I have had a couple of locomotives that registered without showing the progress bar on cs3.

Did you get the matching set of wagons as well?
Offline aclassifier  
#3 Posted : 28 March 2023 23:01:05(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Originally Posted by: roberts Go to Quoted Post
This is a very nice small locomotive. One of my favorites. Didn’t have any problems with this one, but I have had a couple of locomotives that registered without showing the progress bar on cs3.

Did you get the matching set of wagons as well?

No I didn't get the wagons. But yes, I love the locomotive! Ligting the engineer's cabs individually, nice! Running with F18 rail joints with operating sounds off, quite nice! Comparing it with my scale 1 model from Fine Models shows what they need to emphasize on when they go down in scale:

Märklin E71 H0 and Fine Models E71 1-scale

(Isn't it possible to upload pictures, do I have to have ref by a url?)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by aclassifier