Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Online Twinrover1965  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2022 11:15:42(UTC)
Twinrover1965

United Kingdom   
I operate three separate layouts using Marklin C track with MS2 digital, and Trix C track and Tillig TT bettungleis with analogue control deploying Kato controllers.

I now want to run all three using my MS2 to continue my gradual and very cautious journey from rabid adherence to analogue to full blown digital! control. I've done a lot of research and found that such a setup is possible.

Although there is reference to the first stage up to the connector box. There is no explicit guidance on how to deal with distributing the signals to the three layouts because as it stands at the moment there are just 2 fixed wires popping out the back of the connector box.

How do you add another 2 sets of wires to the Trix and Tillig tracks respectively? Is there some kind of distribution device that Marklin keeps quiet? I am well aware that brand loyalty is sacred in Germany and to some extent here in the UK but there are those who prefer to keep both AC and DC, along with the long overdue revival of TT. I accommodate this variety by three concentric circles comprising Tillig Radius 1 Marklin Radii 2 & 3, and Trix Radius 4.

Are there any experts out there who can assist with my diverse request, please?

I am plug and play so averse to soldering etc. I can just about turn a screwdriver.

Roll on MS2 wireless!

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 16 December 2022 12:29:15(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Twinrover1965 Go to Quoted Post
I am plug and play so averse to soldering etc. I can just about turn a screwdriver.
You can use Märklin 74040 to take the power from the C track feeder track and distribute it to the other layouts. This way you don't have to cut the cables coming from the track box, but all power goes through the C track layout.

Better approach: cut the cables between track box and spade connectors and add distribution panels. Distribute power from there to the three layouts. You can add switches to power the layouts individually. You can use 74040 for C track. Or get 74042 and cut it in the middle to get the equivalent of two 74040 at a lower cost. Or maybe get a bag of 74995, but that requires more skills.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0