Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2022 06:24:18(UTC)
Goofy

Last time to upgrade CS3 was April month. Do Märklin plan change program in the system?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2022 09:25:51(UTC)
H0

Time for Goofy to write "CS 4 is coming soon"?!?!?!?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2022 09:38:33(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

What the f*** are you writing about? I did wrote about program in the CS3.
H0
Offline Copenhagen  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2022 09:54:47(UTC)
Copenhagen

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Last time to upgrade CS3 was April month. Do Märklin plan change program in the system?

What the f*** are you writing about? I did wrote about program in the CS3.

To answer in the same manner as you reply to H0:
How the f*** do you expect anyone to know when Märklin plan to update the system?

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 05 December 2022 11:24:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Folks, please avoid the 'F***' (word), we are all friends here after all. I realise Goofy that H0 might be trying to wind you up (Yes, I know I'm also guilty of that) but there's no need to respond that way.

Please don't tell me there's a CS4 in the works......!

In the words of Maverick, "OK, I won't tell you that...."

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 05 December 2022 14:40:34(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
In all probability, Märklin is working on next generation's Central Station (average life expectancy 8 years) and the CS3 was introduced in 2016 (6 years old). So the next one is due in 2 years time. Also a replacement for the MS2 is long over-due.

I suppose the next generation CS will NOT look like the CS2 or the CS3.

I don't know plenty of things: how will it look like? Possibly without a screen? Probably including train-following features like Rocrail, etc?

I find this guesswork funny. For Märklin, it is not! It is rather a perilous industrial gambling (but you are the market leader or you are not).

Back to the CS3 and its updates. Seems to me the present version is pretty stable so making functional additions is a serious gamble so we may have to wait a little more.
Even the new sleek double sleep switch does not call for an Update.

Cheers
Jean
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 05 December 2022 15:07:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I imagine the next update will be when the cordless handset, that we know Marklin is working on, comes out. So if the handset is formally announced in the NI due in January, then I suspect that will announce a requirement for a cs2/3 update that will be available in time for delivery of the handset.

I covered some aspects of this sometime over the past year, but I can't find the thread it was in now. but it does show people have short memories.

Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 05 December 2022 22:07:22(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I believe he read about it on Stummi in January 2017: https://www.marklin-user...LL-now-online#post537878

LOL Laugh LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 05 December 2022 22:31:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
I believe he read about it on Stummi in January 2017

Rubbish is still Rubbish, even after all this time!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 05 December 2022 23:38:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

I believe he read about it on Stummi in January 2017: https://www.marklin-user...LL-now-online#post537878

LOL Laugh LOL

Per.

Cool

And quite clearly he didn't read Toms (H0) description of how to identify when a cs4 is soon to be announced ... LOL
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 05 December 2022 23:42:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I imagine the next update will be when the cordless handset, that we know Marklin is working on, comes out. So if the handset is formally announced in the NI due in January, then I suspect that will announce a requirement for a cs2/3 update that will be available in time for delivery of the handset.

I covered some aspects of this sometime over the past year, but I can't find the thread it was in now. but it does show people have short memories.

I found the posting where I discussed the likely delivery of the new wireless handset.

Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 06 December 2022 09:57:07(UTC)
Goofy

Trix new digital locomotives do have now RailCom and Märklin did talked about to add RailCom into system too.
Not sure if this will be happens into 2023.
I believe there is reason of why nothing happens with the upgrades yet.
H0
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#13 Posted : 06 December 2022 13:20:42(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
But jesus, start using the mobile phone instead of asking for more wireless crap for the planet and especially Märklin can't handle more Huh

Märklin can try to show that they can support what they already have, especially translate and develop better functions of the software.

It would be best if all manufacturers adhered to a digital standard, so we don't have to buy everything and load the planet.

I have always appreciated and preferred ESU but since it cannot support "simple" questions, I switch more and more went to Zimo decoder when they respond nicely and good answers....
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline Copenhagen  
#14 Posted : 06 December 2022 16:03:48(UTC)
Copenhagen

Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
But jesus, start using the mobile phone instead of asking for more wireless crap for the planet and especially Märklin can't handle more Huh

Märklin can try to show that they can support what they already have, especially translate and develop better functions of the software.

It would be best if all manufacturers adhered to a digital standard, so we don't have to buy everything and load the planet.

I have always appreciated and preferred ESU but since it cannot support "simple" questions, I switch more and more went to Zimo decoder when they respond nicely and good answers....

In short: Save the planet. Buy more phones!

I would love an affordable wireless controller with knobs and buttons and a small screen.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Copenhagen
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#15 Posted : 06 December 2022 16:21:47(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
In short: Save the planet. Buy more phones!

Buy this and get a Märklin stickers then you don't need geting a phone and wish that Märklin should make OhMyGod

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Copenhagen  
#16 Posted : 06 December 2022 16:47:12(UTC)
Copenhagen

"Buy a Lodi-Con"...

You don't see the irony/hypocrisy?
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#17 Posted : 06 December 2022 17:05:31(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
It will never be any wifi product from Märklin they had already say that, too complicated and expensive LOL
Offline Copenhagen  
#18 Posted : 06 December 2022 17:20:21(UTC)
Copenhagen

WiFi is already a possibility with Märklin as far as I know.

But it's not just simple plug and play. You have to connect to a network - probably invest in a router or other form of link and then fiddle with different settings on several devices.
Offline bph  
#19 Posted : 06 December 2022 18:05:18(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
It will never be any wifi product from Märklin they had already say that, too complicated and expensive LOL

have you seen this ? (it's delayed, as with everything else)

https://www.maerklin.de/...regler_55017_WebNews.pdf

Personally, I prefer a dedicated device over some unstable app that needs an update because apple/google decided that they needed to be more "innovative" again.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
H0
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#20 Posted : 06 December 2022 18:44:39(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
RC3 total crazy idea too far expensive when there are cheaper solutions such as an app on a phone...

Was some complaint about costs to produce slim crossover gears so way spending on a MS3 with wifi...

As my father says before Christmas, shit in one hand and wish in the other and you'll see what you get the most out of LOL
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#21 Posted : 06 December 2022 23:04:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post

That device has been cancelled by Marklin (see the post above Alan refers to). Marklin are supposedly developing a wireless version of the MS2, but no announcements have been made as yet.
Offline H0  
#22 Posted : 06 December 2022 23:22:22(UTC)
H0

https://www.maerklin.de/...regler_55017_WebNews.pdf
In this document, Märklin say they are developing a wireless controller with the look and feel of the MS2. Presentation is planned for Q3/2021, delivery is planned for Q2/2022.
Introductory price will be €199 and a CS2 or CS3 is required.

Since we already have Q4/2022, we should wait with baited breath until we finally see the presentation of the new controller. Maybe next month. Maybe next year. Or the other year. Or never.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
bph
Offline bph  
#23 Posted : 07 December 2022 10:34:55(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

That device has been cancelled by Marklin (see the post above Alan refers to). Marklin are supposedly developing a wireless version of the MS2, but no announcements have been made as yet.

A translation of the document where the rc3 is cancelled and the development of the MS2 Wifi is announced: (i believe it has been posted on the forum before, and kiwiAlan has made references to it)

Information about the Märklin / Trix / LGB radio handset control 55017

The RC3 radio handset control L55017 and RC3 radio receiver L55057 which were introduced some time ago
are expected by many customers. With our cooperation partner, we were aiming for delivery before the
before the end of 2020.

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we are withdrawing the two RC3 articles from our product range. The
prototypes submitted by our partner do not meet the requirements. We have
therefore decided not to pursue the envisaged solution any further.

The desire for a radio-based operating device remains unchanged, so we have decided to immediately
decided to immediately initiate our own development.

The envisaged new radio control unit will be based on the familiar operating philosophy of our successful
philosophy of our successful Mobile Station 2 as a radio-based, wireless control unit.
The
control will be implemented with software based on WLAN and will be compatible with many other products of the
Märklin / TRIX / LGB world.

By using WLAN, several participants in the same WLAN network can control the model railway.
control the model railway. This promises great, joint playing fun. The network capability allows
perfect interaction with other network-compatible products from the Märklin / TRIX / LGB
environment. An additional RC3 receiver (L55057) is not required for this solution.
a CS2 or CS3 as receiver and control centre must be available. The
integration of older LGB operating devices such as the speed controller (L51079) for analogue operation is not possible.
not possible with this new technology.

The fundamental new design allows the use of a modern processor with reserves for future extensions.
for future extensions. Modern development tools allow us an advanced
further development. This means for you:
Like all Märklin command stations and control units, the radio control unit is also updateable. This
guarantees you a long service life.

And the best: We will offer the new control unit at an introductory price of € 199.
(recommended retail price).
We are working flat out on the new development and ask for your understanding of the additional delay.
delay and thank you in advance for your patience. A presentation is planned for the
We plan to present it in the 3rd quarter of 2021 and to deliver it in the 2nd quarter of 2022.

We take the liberty of cancelling your existing orders for L55017. The radio receiver L55057
will also be cancelled without replacement, as it will no longer be necessary for the future.

We will contact you directly in due course via your sales consultant with detailed information.

Does the new MS2 Wifi require a software update on the CS2/3 ? I don't know, but if it does (i guess it does), it is something that we can expect in an upcoming update.
there are also some minor bugs in the current software, so we can expect an update.
As for a possible future CS4 ?, it's probably delayed well into the future......
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline bygger01  
#24 Posted : 18 December 2022 17:55:04(UTC)
bygger01

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Why a cordless handset / We have all a mobil …

But an “item” where the mobil could be in, and then on one side a not to regulate the speed and on the other side to pick up a new train ….
Best regards
Jørgen St. from Herning in DK
H0 / Märklin K track / CS3+ / full digital / Epoke III +/-
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bygger01
Offline bph  
#25 Posted : 18 January 2023 22:42:41(UTC)
bph

Norway   

There is a software update coming to the CS3 "soon".(sorry dont have any more information)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline marklinist5999  
#26 Posted : 19 January 2023 13:05:04(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I'm certain that we will read on this forum when M releases the next update.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
bph