Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rbw993  
#51 Posted : 19 March 2022 13:34:02(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I use a mouse and keyboard with mine and they both work fine. Keyboard is shown in standard QWERTY format.

Regards,
Roger
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline rhfil  
#52 Posted : 19 March 2022 15:14:37(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
It s easier to use a mouse to do everything. Get a wireless one and you can use the CS3/+ as a monitor. Also I would not worry about memory size. Our club has a CS3+ and it is holding about 100 locos and our layout with a number of remote switches, signals, stop blocks. I doubt most private layouts would be too large for it.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline bgemski  
#53 Posted : 19 March 2022 15:26:37(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
I was considering a wireless mouse; I just wasn't sure that it would work! Great to know that it will thank you!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bgemski
Offline bgemski  
#54 Posted : 22 March 2022 03:30:30(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
So since Friday I have been messing around with my cs3 plus, overall I am very impressed. I won’t lie it takes a bit to get used to but like any system there is a learning curve. I enjoy the simplicity of registering mfx locomotives. Place on track and it’s seen simple to the point! Older decoders type in the address and off you go for the most part. The delta locos I have can be a bit quirky, but set an address type it in and good to go. I do plan on importing my own images at some time. I ran across one digital locomotive that wasn’t in the data base, so no factory photo, but importing one should be ok once I start tackling that aspect. For the record the locomotive that wasn’t in the data base is article number 83496. It is the metal version BR 96 but setting the address manually proved the work around, for now I have another BR 96 as an image.
The next step is to start poking around with the DCC locomotives I have. Three in total all MTH all with the ac slider underneath. I know they worked with my MS 2 so I think they should work. The three are a Pennsy GG1, which even though set to DCC has been seen by the CS3 plus as of yet. The next is a UP F3, seen with no problem in DCC at address 3 as from the factory and seems to be the “universal” address to enter into the Marklin system. I just do not know how or if I can change the address. I know in the MS2 I can but not sure how in the CS3 plus. The last is the MTH Big Boy, I haven’t tried it on the CS3 plus yet. But I had it in the MS2 and running with no problem, again on the address of 3. I hadn’t tried to change the address.

So as of now the biggest issue is programming a DCC locomotive and changing the address so I can enter in another one. Any suggestions? To change the address, is it an edit of a cv? I’m just not sure. Any help would be appreciated for sure.

I truly enjoy the system and yes it was updated prior to entering any locomotives into the system. I have been going over the manual and numerous videos online. This system is truly impressive and great to work with.

Thanks and any suggestion as to my DCC issue is greatly appreciated or any tips in general.
Offline H0  
#55 Posted : 22 March 2022 09:33:04(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: bgemski Go to Quoted Post
To change the address, is it an edit of a cv?
To change the address, just change the address in the address field. Do not mess around with CVs directly to change an address. Don't listen to people who tell you to change CV 1 - that is not the way to go.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline rhfil  
#56 Posted : 22 March 2022 13:53:41(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
That is the one thing I carefully do on the programming track. Just do it as suggested by changing the address in the address box. There are instructions some place in exactly how to do it and probably a youtube video. I think the older delta locomotives can only be changed by resetting the dip switches inside the locomotive and then changing the address in the CS3. The search feature of the CS3 can be used to find the new address.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline bgemski  
#57 Posted : 22 March 2022 14:37:58(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
I thought it was just in the address box and not in the cv area. I looked at the CV page once and did not mess with it. Cool that thank you guys!
ThumpUp
Offline phils2um  
#58 Posted : 23 March 2022 08:21:54(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
2. Mouse? Keyboard? Stylus Pen, or just plain old human fingers?
I have heard all kinds of varying thoughts on this, what are you guys using? I am currently taking the wait and see approach.

You'll very quickly get tired of "fat finger syndrome". I highly recommend a mouse and keyboard. I prefer to do mine through VNC on my laptop. One of the first things to do when you connect with a browser is set the "Bildschrim Server" to start automatically every time the CS3 boots.
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline bgemski  
#59 Posted : 23 March 2022 14:14:02(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
Originally Posted by: phils2um Go to Quoted Post
2. Mouse? Keyboard? Stylus Pen, or just plain old human fingers?
I have heard all kinds of varying thoughts on this, what are you guys using? I am currently taking the wait and see approach.

You'll very quickly get tired of "fat finger syndrome". I highly recommend a mouse and keyboard. I prefer to do mine through VNC on my laptop. One of the first things to do when you connect with a browser is set the "Bildschrim Server" to start automatically every time the CS3 boots.

Ah yes the dreaded fat fingers! LOL For now I will hook up a mouse. I have plans in the future to incorporate a computer into the system. Thank you for the heads up on the Bildschrim Server setting. ThumpUp