Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BOOMerCH  
#51 Posted : 29 September 2021 07:53:39(UTC)
BOOMerCH

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
One other thing, have you tried telnetting to the CS3's webserver http port to see if it is listening on port 80?

You could try this on a direct connection between your CS3 and PC (may need to use a crossover cable, and may need to assign a static tcpip address to the CS3), which would bypass and therefore eliminate any other networking equipment as a potential problem.

Yeah I tried connecting directly the CS3 to the PC and then entering the IP address in a browser and sadly I still have the same result (connection refused). The only thing I didn’t tried is with a crossover cable. I’ll need to buy one.
Offline hxmiesa  
#52 Posted : 29 September 2021 08:17:50(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
This is a long thread, so I could not read through all of it, but; Did you try to reset the CS3 to Factory Settings ?

Actually I dont know if this is possible with this equipment, but in case somebody used the CS before you got it, or some firmware upgrade went wrong, many systems have a way of rescue by resetting everything to as when it left the factory. Even if there is no way of resetting like that, you could try to update the unit again. -Or even downgrade the firmware, -if such a thing is possible with the CS?!
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline Goofy  
#53 Posted : 29 September 2021 08:27:00(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
This is a long thread, so I could not read through all of it, but; Did you try to reset the CS3 to Factory Settings ?

Actually I dont know if this is possible with this equipment, but in case somebody used the CS before you got it, or some firmware upgrade went wrong, many systems have a way of rescue by resetting everything to as when it left the factory. Even if there is no way of resetting like that, you could try to update the unit again. -Or even downgrade the firmware, -if such a thing is possible with the CS?!

TS did report that his latest upgrade was successful and CS3+ works normally.
But it is good to try a test by reset CS3+ and upgrade again.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline skukuza  
#54 Posted : 29 September 2021 09:52:12(UTC)
skukuza

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: BOOMerCH Go to Quoted Post
One other thing, have you tried telnetting to the CS3's webserver http port to see if it is listening on port 80?

You could try this on a direct connection between your CS3 and PC (may need to use a crossover cable, and may need to assign a static tcpip address to the CS3), which would bypass and therefore eliminate any other networking equipment as a potential problem.

Yeah I tried connecting directly the CS3 to the PC and then entering the IP address in a browser and sadly I still have the same result (connection refused). The only thing I didn’t tried is with a crossover cable. I’ll need to buy one.

BOOMerCH you can make your own crossover cable if you have a spare CAT5 cable. Just search the net. There are plenty of sites that show you.
One last thing you may try if you have an Android phone handy??? Try down loading the CS3 app from the play store and see whether it will automatically connect to the CS3.
The CAN gateway must be set to broadcast with destination address 255.255.255.255.
Kevin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skukuza
Offline BOOMerCH  
#55 Posted : 29 September 2021 11:10:49(UTC)
BOOMerCH

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I already did a “reset” or kind off as it's not a real factory reset. Or maybe I missed something.
I also did a full update via internet, via USB and also a forced update but nothing was successful.
Offline BOOMerCH  
#56 Posted : 29 September 2021 11:13:02(UTC)
BOOMerCH

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: skukuza Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BOOMerCH Go to Quoted Post

BOOMerCH you can make your own crossover cable if you have a spare CAT5 cable. Just search the net. There are plenty of sites that show you.
One last thing you may try if you have an Android phone handy??? Try down loading the CS3 app from the play store and see whether it will automatically connect to the CS3.
The CAN gateway must be set to broadcast with destination address 255.255.255.255.
Kevin

Thanks Skukuza didn’t that you can make your own crossover I’ll have a look. SADLY I do not have any Android device to test the app.
Offline BOOMerCH  
#57 Posted : 11 October 2021 17:29:23(UTC)
BOOMerCH

Switzerland   
Dear Märklin friends,

Just wanted to do a small update as I finally resolved my problem. The only issue is that I don't really know how. But let me explain...

After waiting for an answer from Märklin customer service for more than 2 weeks, I decided that I would try again.
I still had an old router somewhere and wanted to try with it (without internet connection). I connected the CS3+ and the PC, and entered the IP address given automatically by the router in my Web browser. And for the first time I had a different message on screen "Märklin CS3 webserver fehler". I was really happy that it proved that the connection was there and it was what we thought. It was a problem with the web server.
I did a research on Google with the message given by my browser and felt on this post https://www.marklin-user...t41168-Web-Server-Fehler

I followed these steps : but before I restored my CS3 to factory settings
- connected the CS3 to my other router with internet this time
- Did a force update by pressing left speed knob and stop button at the same time for few seconds
- The update went to the end and the CS3 rebooted.
- After that connected the CS3 again to my other router without internet and tried to connect to the IP address from my browser... and you know what ??? it worked
- Then I retried on my normal router and it worked also.

I don't know why it didn't worked from the first try because I already did all these steps 2 weeks ago but the result is positive at the end and I feel lighter ;)

I want say a big thank you to all of you for helping me and giving your advice of Märklin masters.
All the best,
BOOMer

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by BOOMerCH
Offline marklinist5999  
#58 Posted : 11 October 2021 19:55:08(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
That's Excellent Boomer! So glad you got it sorted out. I encountered a CS3 glitch today. I had to change a lco. address because it was the same as a new mfx signal and the loc. was changing the signal when I turned on the acc./dec/ delay function. Accessories are not supposed to activate lcoo. functions and visa versa.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline BOOMerCH  
#59 Posted : 11 October 2021 19:59:10(UTC)
BOOMerCH

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
That's Excellent Boomer! So glad you got it sorted out. I encountered a CS3 glitch today. I had to change a lco. address because it was the same as a new mfx signal and the loc. was changing the signal when I turned on the acc./dec/ delay function. Accessories are not supposed to activate lcoo. functions and visa versa.

Thanks Marklinist :)
Yeah this glitch is interesting never heard about something like this. Maybe a good point for the next software update from Märklin.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BOOMerCH
Offline phils2um  
#60 Posted : 14 October 2021 08:03:50(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Can't claim to have any real knowledge in this area but I have heard that some routers have refused to accept slower router speeds. Does anyone know which speed the CS3 uses? I think the 2.4 speed is rejected by some of the newer routers unless some internal setting is activated.

What you are referring to are the wifi radio band frequencies routers use for wireless communication, typically 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. The newer 5 GHz band frequencies are a bit faster and more stable than the older and very crowded 2.4 GHz frequencies. This has nothing to do with the problem Boomer Ch had.

Phil S.