Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MartinS  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2021 08:35:31(UTC)
MartinS

Sweden   
Hi forum members,

I have a 37940 SJ T44, which is equipped with the originally installed mfx decoder without sound. I would like to upgrade the decoder to an mSD/3 (using the standard diesel sounds, unless there is a T44 sound project out there somewhere for this decoder). I think I understand how I have to configure the decoder for the sine motor. But I don't know how to configure it to be able to control the front and rear lights, which can be set to 4 different configurations using combinations of f0, f1 and f2 in the original decoder.

I'm using the 60971 to configure the mSD/3, and I don't have a CS2 or CS3 to read out the configuration of the original decoder (I'm running my setup with LDT digital control equipment), which I guess would otherwise give me the information I need.
I'm still rather new to configure Märklin decoders (or any other decoders for that matter), so I am not entirely sure how the lights are controlled.. are the f0, f1 and f2 mapped to auxiliary outputs on the decoder to control the light combinations?

Regards,
Martin
Offline g-gekko  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2021 15:14:14(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
Hi!

I don't have the 37940, but as far as I can see AUX1 and AUX2 must be mapped to F1 and F2 while LF and LR are mapped to F0. I can't see any other possibilities since this locomotive certainly does not have SUSI functions. AUX3 and AUX4 as logical functions are needed to control the engine.

Märklin has a soundproject for the 37945 (T44 Green Cargo). That one does not have the C sinus engine, but have SUSI functions. I have cleaned up the project and added functions that should make the decoder work with the 37940 as I understand it's functions. Please have a look at it.

Leif
T44-376-SJ.zip (8,625kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
T44-376-SJ rev2.zip (8,625kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

Edited by user 09 May 2021 09:40:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MartinS  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2021 16:55:12(UTC)
MartinS

Sweden   
Hi Leif,

Thanks for the suggestions! I will play around with the mapping of F1 & F2 to Aux1 and Aux2 and see what happens.

Also, thanks a lot for the sound project! I will look into it once I get the lights sorted.

Best regards,
Martin

EDIT: I have now installed the decoder and also soldered the speaker to the circuit board. Works like a charm, both sound and the lights with F1 & F2 mapped to Aux1 and Aux2. So thanks again for the suggestion!
Will try your sound project next.

Edited by user 05 May 2021 22:10:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MartinS  
#4 Posted : 08 May 2021 19:38:10(UTC)
MartinS

Sweden   
Leif, I can report that your project works very well with the 37940, with two changes needed for the motor control:
Functions->Always->Output 3->Direction: Both (instead of Forward)
Functions->Always->Output 4->Direction: Both (instead of Reverse)
Offline g-gekko  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2021 09:45:39(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
Hi Martin!

Thank you for letting me know, I am so glad that it worked. I have updated the project in case someone else will try it.

Best Regards

Leif