Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tommyheadleycox  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2021 07:38:59(UTC)
tommyheadleycox

I'd like to acquire a sleeper car with interior details such as beds and ladders. I've spent about 10 days searching and the only thing I can find that fits the bill is a Heris 13087 model of an Öbb liegewagen bcmz. I even found one for sale on ebay. But the seller, who is in Rome, won't ship to the U.S. Are there other sources? BTW: Why can't I find Heris in a search? Do they really exist? Why did so few mfrs offer schlagwagens with interiors?

Thanks,
Tommy

Offline Alsterstreek  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2021 08:35:59(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: tommyheadleycox Go to Quoted Post
Why can't I find Heris in a search? Do they really exist?

They do exist:

https://www.heris-modelleisenbahn.de/
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2021 12:20:36(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
My Roco cars have beds. I thought Marklin do also. Ladders can be bought from woodland scenic, etc. Certain Taller building kits have several extra scaffolding ladders too.
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2021 18:49:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
What kind of sleeping car are you looking for? The one you mention is a Couchette coach and not a full sleeper.
The Heris models came out between 2003 and 2007. They are not very well rendered.
The same coach type (OBB Bcmz Modular) is available from LS Models. In America, you might be able to find their models at euromodeltrains, eurotrainhobby, tee-use, reynaulds and maybe AJCkids.
LS Models manufacture a limited quantity of models, so, in many cases, if they don't have it in stock, they will not be able to order it was the company is sold out.

Shops like Memoba.at (Austria), Huenerbein.de (Germany) and others may still have some existing models in stock.

If you are looking for other couchette and sleeping car models, check out RailTop (former company), ACME and Roco.

Here is a LS Models OBB Couchette: https://www.ebay.de/itm/303756044462?
Here is a LS Models OBB Sleeper: https://www.ebay.de/itm/143628049524?

There are also LSM Swiss Couchette and Sleepers, ACME FS Italian ones and many others too.

You may want to consider one of the modern RailJet consist sets (4-6 cars) from LSM or some of the Models-World.eu Nighttrain consists.

The search terms are: Liegewagen/Couchette and Schlafwagen/Sleeping Coach/car

Regards

Mike C
Offline tommyheadleycox  
#5 Posted : 29 April 2021 20:24:56(UTC)
tommyheadleycox

Many thanks for the links. Much appreciated. The only reason I mention the Heris 13087 is it's the only one with a photograph showing that it really has a detailed interior! Really!
The Märklin 43250 DSG Schlafwagen would be ideal for me if I could just confirm what the interior looked like. Also that it has LED interior lighting or that such could be added.
Also nice would be the Märklin 4029 CIWL, but only if I could see a photograph somewhere of the interior. Also acceptable would be: 40542 Schlaf und Speisewagen. I just want to see the interior! There are no photographs, and I mean none, that I could find showing a detailed interior.
Thanks for the help!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2021 20:51:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

The Märklin 43250 DSG Schlafwagen would be ideal for me if I could just confirm what the interior looked like. Also that it has LED interior lighting or that such could be added.

Well which part of the 43250 marklin web page confuses you about what you want to know?

Offline applor  
#7 Posted : 30 April 2021 00:17:34(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Depends on what period/type of sleeping car you want.

I just bought the Brawa 46168 schlafwagen for era IIIa which has interior details and is on sale.
modelling 1954 Germany (era IIIa)
Offline tommyheadleycox  
#8 Posted : 30 April 2021 01:56:29(UTC)
tommyheadleycox

Perfect! I found it at Reynaulds. I think I'll get this one and the 46186, which has the DSG logo on the side. Many thanks. BTW- just so I'll know I'm not hallucinating, I hope there will be some folks who agree there aren't any pictures online that show interior details of Märklin Schlafwagen.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#9 Posted : 30 April 2021 11:48:50(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Portugal   
BTW- just so I'll know I'm not hallucinating, I hope there will be some folks who agree there aren't any pictures online that show interior details of Märklin Schlafwagen.

Although the title of this 2019 Stummiforum thread refers to LIMA models, the photo in post no. 4 shows two "opened" H0 scale Maerklin sleepers (unfortunately, no article numbers given):

https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=90402