Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2021 12:41:17(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Thinking of buying a loco from Lok Shop. Anybody in the UK had recent dealings and can confirm reasonable time delivery

Thanks for any info

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Online kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2021 13:35:37(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Thinking of buying a loco from Lok Shop. Anybody in the UK had recent dealings and can confirm reasonable time delivery

Thanks for any info

David

I normally buy my Marklin and related accessories from them. I have a reasonably large back order waiting for shipment soon.

Like many stores doing mail order they do tend to aggregate back orders until a reasonable value is built up and they have time to pack it. One thing I do like is that I don't pay anything until the package is about to be shipped - but this does result in a bit hit to the pocket as a single payment.

Purchasing from Modellbahn Kramm for example they bill as the items arrive into stock and then ship when the full order is complete, so that spreads the payments. There are good arguments both ways.

Lokshop have been running slow recently (I don't know about MK, haven't ordered anything from them for ages) as it is only the owner and his wife doing all the work (and they are elderly) as all their staff are currently furloughed due to Covid. So they have been run off their feet which has affected their delivery times.

I haven't had a delivery from them since before Christmas, so don't know how well they are dealing with the new customs regime. I expect to find that out in the near future.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 25 February 2021 17:54:37(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Thanks Alan. I always buy from MSL as I can trust them to pack and send quickly by the best carrier. Although with customs now in the UK I have a parcel arrived in Glasgow waiting for me to receive a letter saying how much I have to pay before it can be released. Not sure about LOk Shop but they do have (I think)
the loco I want so may buy from them.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 25 February 2021 18:50:19(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello
Lokshop processing times it isnot what it used to be, even before the pandemic mainly due to the aging owners and lack of help.
Other than that service is impecable and i also still make my yearly Marklin order with them.
If you have patiente and dont want your item for yesterday they are highly recomendable with great customer knowledge and care.
I remember a couple of years ago i made a mistake and order a Trix insider model, almost instantly i received a mail from Mr. Baer asking if the order was correct.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Rwill  
#5 Posted : 25 February 2021 18:50:29(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
They will probably want £1750 and for your lok to stay in a hotel for ten days!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2021 19:20:56(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hang on a minute, Roland isn't that old - he isn't much older than me and maybe a bit younger than KiwiAlan and certainly not elderly! I don't know about Elizabeth, Roland's wife as I haven't met her but I assume she would be around the same age.

Other than that, the above comments are accurate. Roland gives great service even to us Antipodeans living at the far ends of the earth. I'm sure Flash Dave will not have any trouble.

A parcel from Lokshop for me arrived in Auckland yesterday and I hope to have it today. I paid premium postage for it, but to have it arrive in NZ seven days after it was posted must set some record in these Covid days.

Roland has a bricks and mortar shop in the lovely village of Grötzingen which is only open on Tuesday afternoons. There's a great bakery shop opposite Lokshop which Roland took us to, lots of yummy treats there!

IMG20190910185427.jpg

Grötzingen station

IMG20190910172802.jpg

Front of the Lokshop shop

P1100677.JPG

The bakery opposite the shop!

P1100684.JPG

Roland (on right) talking to one of my friends.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 25 February 2021 23:08:13(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
I bought from him since 20 or so years and met him 5 years ago, didnt ask his age of course but i had the impression that he was nearly the a retirement age, maybe was just an impression, but i did hope that he does not retire any time soon
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Donb  
#8 Posted : 25 February 2021 23:20:09(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
I ve always enjoyed good service from Lokshop, they go out of their way to help when there is a problem. For example, last year I had an article at Uhlenbrock for repair, Roland agreed to have it shipped to Lokshop to be included in the shipment I had there to save me from having two shipments coming to Canada.
Highly recommended!
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Donb
Offline mvd71  
#9 Posted : 26 February 2021 02:51:32(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I have dealt with lok. shop for a long time, and always found the service excellent. Any delays with shipping would more likely be due to restrictions in DHL capacity, as was the case last year.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline Marcus01  
#10 Posted : 17 March 2021 01:20:01(UTC)
Marcus01

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for any info

David

I predominantly buy from Roland. Prices generally on par. Big advantage that he lets you stockpile before he sends which saves a fortune in freight... but the best thing they do is the packaging. It is impeccable. I have never had damaged items as their packaging is bullet proof....

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marcus01
Offline ocram63_uk  
#11 Posted : 17 March 2021 09:52:49(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
@david, did you end up buying the loco or not and from whom ? If so, how much more did you have to pay compared to pre-Brexit ? Thank you
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 17 March 2021 10:56:47(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
MSL was able to source a loco for me, Forget the exact price as it came through without customs fees or VAT. Got my usuall 4% bonus. Came from Germany in Three days. Would have bought from Lok Shop if MSL had not benn able to supply.
Offline ocram63_uk  
#13 Posted : 17 March 2021 13:53:10(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
this is fantastic news!!! good for you. no extras at border checks!!! enjoy
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ocram63_uk